September 19, 2014 | 974 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore lemon juice. I use it every second week or so, for lightening any blemish area and for better looking complexion. I put fresh squeezed lemon juice on my face or mix it with natural clay and put in on the face. The effect is silky, bright and fresh looking complexion! One of the best natural remedies for great skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sarah7855

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually pretty amazed by this stuff. I like using home remedies for my acne prone skin, but always thought lemon juice would be way too harsh for it. After reading all the reviews on here, I decided to give it a try. I bought a bottle of 100% lemon juice for less than $2.00 and gave it a whirl one night. I put a little water on a cotton ball and then followed with the lemon juice. It did sting slightly on the couple of open breakouts that I had, but nothing too bad at all. But the amazing part is that it actually made those areas less red and smoother. I totally thought that the acid would make them all red and angry looking. Then the next day, they were reduced to nearly nothing and my hyperpigmentation from previous breakouts was less noticeable. I've never had a product work that fast. It took two huge pimples on my forehead down to very light little leftover spots in about 3 days. I use it each night before going to bed and have noticed a big reduction in breakouts, lightening and smoothing of hyperpigmentation, less oil overall (and I'm super oily normally) and an allover brighter appearance. I'd easily pay $$$ for that, but nope..it's less than $2.00 and that bottle will last me months. And-no worry of it being discontinued :)

UPDATE: I just have to add on to this review. I've been using lemon juice each night before bed for a couple months now, and in the 16 years that I have struggled with acne and crazy oily skin, I have never seen my face react so well to a treatment. I am utterly amazed at how much smoother my face is, the dramatic reduction in both the frequency and severity of my breakouts, and the overall lightening of leftover acne marks/scars and brightening of my skin. It's incredible. It amazes me how quickly this stuff kills a pimple and also prevents one that's forming from actually showing up. My skin just seems to be behaving sooo much better since I began using this. For example, I normally get at least one, usually two big cystic pimples and a handful of smaller ones around my period, and the hyperpigmentation from these lasts a couple months or more. My skin's texture usually changes noticeably as well, becoming more oily, pores much larger, and all over just "rougher". Since I have been using the lemon juice, I got zero cystic pimples and only two very tiny ones during my cycle that went away in one day. Literally. My pores didn't get big, and my skin during my cycle is now just like my skin during a regular week prior to using this. I can't sing the praises of lemon juice enough. It may not work for everyone, but if you are looking for something inexpensive, natural, or just something that plain WORKS, give this a try. It may be just what you are looking for!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by buttercup0607

i decided to give this a go after reading the reviews here, i've been using it as a toner for the past 3 days, it helped control the oil on my t-zone but it also gave me little bumps around my mouth and cheeks, i probaby will continue to apply to my t-zone only

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used lemon juice on my face for a few weeks and saw a big difference in my acne scars..they faded quite a bit. The only reason I stopped using this was because I started using new skincare products for both day and night. I was worried about the lemon juice and the creams being used together since they both make you sensitive to the sun. Now that my skin has adjusted to my new regimen I am going to add lemon juice back in. Be careful not to use too much if you are just starting! Maybe dilute it with water because it will burn a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by vkun1297

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: It's been a week now, and my old acne scars have faded, and my skin is whiter, (i know this because when i put on my foundation, it matches my skintone better) and my little pimples are all gone! It's truly amazing, and i honestly wish i discovered this cheap and natural remedy sooner. If you have any acne or scarring, please do try it! My face is glowwwing! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by quietkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I started using lemon juice a couple of weeks ago, and I am so pleased at how much it's improved my skin.
I cleanse my face as usual with a simple fash wash and hot water, but add a little lemon juice in there, and sometimes dab some around my face if I'm beginning to break out, (which the lemon helps with straight away).
It's great to use as a toner under foundation too. My T-zone is sometimes oily and I end up with a completely uneven cover-up when I get home from a long day. But when using lemon juice, my foundation stays in tact.
It's also completely made some problem whiteheads vanish and I had been trying to get rid of them for a long time!
So impressed with this cheap and simple remedy, and wish I'd used it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by lebachai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading all of the positive reviews, I decided to give this a try. I have very oily skin and a LOT of acne scars, especially the flat, dark pigmented kind. I've been using this nightly for about a month now, and I'm at the point where I'm beating myself up for paying $60 USD a bottle for the Murad lightening gel for so long. This stuff is far, far better and WAY cheaper! Yes, it stings when you put it on (and my skin is not at all sensitive) and you will have to get used to that. You have to keep the juice in the fridge. The results for me have not just been good, they've been amazing. My scars from my last breakout, which was just two weeks ago (no matter what I do, every zit I get scars) have already faded significantly. Guess I'm joining the "Love Lemon Juice!" club.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by amymua122

This does the job! But it stings my skin and makes it red for a while.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by MrsAnnaLim3

Ok. So I've used this in the past b4..I heard about it somewhere random a coupla years back,and used it as a spot treatment for some huge pimple problems I was having. No joke,my redness abd the size of the pimples were about 90% reduced...OVERNIGHT.
I'm the first person to get annoyed at rave reviews on things,sometimes I feel a bit like it's just a bit emotional or over the top when I hear how "amazing" ppl find products..I'm not a huge sceptic or anything,just interested in the real facts.
So when I say this lemon juice jargon works...it WORKS! I actually tried it again this arvo,and rinsed it off a while later and moisturized. Only later on in the evening I kept wondering why th heck was my skin looking so nice!? I usually get down about my skin. It's not totally gross,but Id hate for anyone to see it on a bad day..I have a fair amount of redness and uneven skintone,and also some scarring on my forehead abd chin area. Well! My skintone is evened out soo much,and my red scars have faded into insignificance almost!! I almost feel a little vain when I look into a mirror at the mo,cox of how nice it's made my skin!! It actually has a "glow"!
My husband just recently got home(I'm here reading up on all the amazing LJ reviews still!) and I asked him if he noticed anything,and he said my skin is more clear and"lit from within"( what guy says that!? Ok. I have taught him well..)but he actually thought that I had foundation on!! So happy about refinding this!! It's seriously as good as everyone is saying hey.
Oh,also my skin feels smoother too,plus the even tone and faded scarring !

18 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Zuhay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am PROUD to admit to using this natural, inexpensive remedy. Individuals often spend as much as hundreds of dollars a month on dermatology treatments and creams for acne care. I admit to purchasing some of the more expensive acne treatments on the market myself. However, in the long run, the facts remain.... Lemon juice works as well if not BETTER than other acne treatments. Lemon juice dries up my acne quickly, helps lighten up my acne scars, improves my overall skin tone and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. I swear by this remedy and will never again bother trying anything else for acne. It's simply not worth it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No