MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was searching for a paint pot that I can wear on its own (I don't like eyeshadow). After reading reviews about soft ochre I purchased it. I didn't like it. It made my eyes sick looking on my nc25 skin tone. I heard also great things about painterly and I gave it a try since I didn't like the soft ochre paint pot. I LOVE this. It is much creamier and fits my skintone perfectly! It covers up my blue veins as well. I should've bought painterly first though because now I waisted 18 on soft ochre.

I use this paint pot as a base for my eyeshadow. It makes the colors pop and it tends to stay on for quite some time (at least 6 hours). This product has also lasted me longer than any other product I have, somewhere around a year and a half. It comes in a small glass jar and is pretty easy to retrieve from inside the jar. As much as I love this product I probably wouldn't buy it again because it is expensive and I have heard there are other cheaper products that are the same or better, so I'd like to give them a try.

on 3/28/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. i have oily skin especially my eyelids. i start creasing immediately. i've used eyeshadow primers and they've helped in prolonging my creaseless state. however, i start creasing before the day even ends. when i used this, my eyeshadow was perfectly in tact even after being out for 15 hours. no fading and creasing and the color just popped even more.

on 3/26/2013 12:14:00 PM

MAC has done it again with this gem of a product. I love how versatile this is - I can use it on it's own, or add any powdered eye shadow on top of it to make the pigment really stand out. I have oily eyelids so I initially thought this cream eye shadow would crease on me after an hour... but the lady at MAC persuaded me that it wouldn't and I'm so glad I bought this stuff! There's so much in the little pot, it's going to last me ages! Overall, a great product and one I would definitely recommend for anyone's make up arsenal!

on 3/26/2013 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My favorite eyeshadow base. I use this EVERY day - The color is perfect, evens out my NW 20 skin and makes the eye area SO bright. My eyeshadow stays put and doesn't crease. I've noticed other paint pots have a different consistency, some are much creamier/oiler and others are more dry. Painterly is perfect. It blends without being overly creamy (like bare study is). If I want super heavy duty priming action, I'll add UDPP on top.

on 3/26/2013 11:36:00 AM

I sort of love and hate this product. If I consider it as a nude eyeshadow or eyeshadow base, it does a good job. While applied alone, it makes a lovely nude eye. While applied as a base, it makes the eyeshadow significantly more vibrant even with some relatively low quality ones.

But as a primer, it just doesn't fit my oily lids. It creases even sooner than when I wear eyeshadows without it. To avoid this problem, I put a little UDPP then Paint Pot and the colour stayed all day long without creasing. I also suggest applying it with a brush as the texture is quite thick and might get dirty while applying with fingers.

I personnally would repurchase it as it does make eyeshadows much more vibrant and I found my solutions regarding its problems. I'd recommend it as a base to normal skin type who prefer vivid eyeshadow colour. For those who have oily lids, you may need a proper eye primer under it. And if you're looking for a product just to prevent creasing and you don't apply vivid eyeshadow colour, I suggest you don't waste your money on it.

on 3/18/2013 2:04:00 PM

I've used this paint pot as a base for my eyeshadows for YEARS. This is also the only base I ever use. It lasts forever. It's almost my skintone, it makes the eyeshadows lasts longer and makes them more vibrant. Great base.

on 3/18/2013 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I purchased this after reading all the good reviews about it. Glad I did! I use this every day. It evens out the skin tone on my eyes beautifully. You can't really see it b/c it's such a neutral color, but it makes a huge difference. It also works as a primer before applying eye shadow. As all MAC products, I believe the price is decent considering that their products last such a long time. Highly recommend this!

on 3/14/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my go to paint point when I'm looking for a matte, nude base. I can use paint points without a seperate primer underneath and they last great. This can also be used as a wash of color to even out the darkness on my eye lids. Love!

on 3/4/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE Painterly. I went to the Mac counter to buy Ochre paint pot, but the sales girl recommended Painterly. I love it because it's quick and easy to apply with my finger (preferred) or a brush. I like to wear it alone with liner and that's it -- my favorite go-to nude eye. It also does hold shadows when you layer them on top. Nice eye primer.