December 18, 2014 | 1651 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is quite frankly the most expensive flat iron that i have ever owned in my life thus far. And, I can honestly say that its the best!

Yes, I have a CHI flat iron that works quite well in my hair, but my GHD Flat Iron is the most wonderful flat iron that has ever touched my hair!

I have the GHD "Dark" Limited Edition Flat Iron. I love that it comes in a beautiful one of a kind box. And, it comes with a specially designed heat resistant carrying case.made exclusively to go with this limited edition iron.

This flat iron heats up in a mere seconds. It heats up quicker than any other flatiron that I have ever owned. It doesn't snag or pull out out my hair ever. It gets my hair completely straight with just one swipe. It has advanced ceramic heaters and ceramic coated aluminum plates that allow for smooth styling. It has digital technology that controls and regulates the temperature of the iron. So, unlike some other irons, you don't get hot spots with this one. It has a round barrel which makes it great for doing curls and flips in the hair, which I love!

And, if I leave it unattended for 30 minutes, it has an automatic safety feature that will shut the iron off for me. This is a definite must-have all-around!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Where have you been all my life?!?! This thing is amazing. I bought the pink one that has a travel roll, a couple of hair styling samples, and 2 hair clips. It is so cute, really effective, and I live that it heats up so quickly. It saves me so much time in the mornings. When I first bought it, I was still used to 2" straighteners, so I thought that this would take me longer in the mornings than my old flat iron. Oh contrare! I love the versatility of this product, since it can be used for a wavy look as well. I even used it to create an '80's-esque crimp look for an '80's party! This one item has pretty effectively taken the place of not just my old flat iron, but also my curling iron and hot rollers. Here is my only concern: I am notoriously hard on flat irons. I mean, I have never had one survive longer than 1 year and 1 month. If this thing lasts longer than that, I will officially dub it HG status. So far it has been approximately 8 months-ish, so I will be sure to update. I was worried that this item would perform at the same level as, say, a Conair straightener but at 10x the price, but it thankfully has lived up to all my expectations (a hard thing for anything to do). This has probably been my best beauty investment, which is really hard to say, since I love my beauty gadgets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING product! This has to be the best straightener of all time, and I have tried alot! Takes about 9 secs to heat up, and straightens hair perfectly, and my hair stays that way all day long. Does an amazing job, really I have tried the most expensive straighteners, even ordered some from my hairdressers which where only available to salons, and none were as good as this!

Does lovely curls and waves as well! Hundereds of styles you can do with this, I would definatly recomend this product, it's really worth the price. I've had this for almost 3 years now and use it everyday, as does my mum and it's still good as new (even after I've thrown it on the floor a good number of times!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by marvin1

This is the most effective straightener I have ever tried. But I wouldn't say the best.

Pros: 1) heats up very fast, maintains a uniform level of heat throughout usage and across the iron, the quality of use and the physical iron itself is just as efficient as the day I bought it. Before this iron, I couldn't figure out how women with stick straight hair got it that way. My other straighteners (CHI, Revlon) would iron out the kinks, but overall my hair would remain a bit wavy and puffy. After I got the GHD, it just seemed like a no-brainer. 2) great for travel. I have heard horror stories about girls getting their straighteners (T3, CHI) fried when traveling in Europe, even with a good converter. This one held up and performed just as well as it did in North. Am.

Con: it is very damaging for your hair. After using it 4-6 times a week for around one year, my hair was noticeably damaged. It would grow a lot slower, the bottom half to the end of my hair was very very dry and brittle. I also had lots of split ends. Most importantly, I experienced unprecedented hair loss. I always lose a few hairs when brushing or taking out the tangles, but this was scary. Many more strands of hair would come out by themselves and especially when I brushed my hair. A lot of my friends would notice this cause as I shed a lot more hair strands on their carpets... Luckily, I had a full and fluffy head of hair to begin with, so I am nowhere near bald or balding. But trust me, everyone from my mom to my hairdresser noticed the change, and my hair is a lot thinner than it was before.

I personally haven't encountered an effective iron that is not-damaging, so maybe this is what comes with all irons. But I feel that since this iron heats up to such a high temperature, which cannot be adjusted, it's even more "effective" at damaging my hair than some other tools that I have tried. It is still the most reliable iron that I have tried, and I may repurchase should this one need to be replaced in the future. But for now I am trying to figure out a way to not use this so much because of the damaging effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by melonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my GHD. There is no two ways about it, If it weren't for this little gadget, my hair would not be nearly as manageable.
The version I got was the GHD MKIV styler in the Purple Limited Edition Gift Pack. I'd been eyeing the styler for a while, and I received it as a gift over christmas. My hair used to be curly, but I found that getting a perm didnt leave me with many styling options. With my GHD, I can either have my slick straight hair (which, as I am Asian, is what I normally wake up with), springy curls (it takes only 15 minutes), or a generous wave (about 10, even quicker). Ever since I cut my hair short, I've managed to style it in so many ways.
The set I got came with a travel hair dryer and two hair clips as well. Its such a beautiful purple iron as well with beautiful two-toned detailing.
Wouldn't buy it again, as it's so expensive, and I'm hoping it'd last a very, very, long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by jessieheartsmakeup

oh GHD oh what would I dooooo without youuuuu
no seriously I couldn't live without this thing I am in love. I've had mine for 1.5 years and its as good as the day I got it. I have curly hair prone to frizz and my hair is very very thick. This thing straightens it really quickly because I only have to go over each section about twice which really is good compared to other straighteners. I have absolutely no porblem with snagging and it really leaves my hair looking silky and smooth. It's very very expensive but so worth it. There is no temperature control but I really am not that bothered. this doesn't seem to have caused much damage to my hair (of course theres going to be a bit of heat damage your heating your hair straight) but use a good heat protectant and its much better. You really don't have to straighten every day because once you've straightened it, it will stay straight until you get it wet again so for me every 2 days.
I LOVE MY GHD

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by tarrynmb

Just fabulous. I can't live without it. No other straightner comes close.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

Like most other reviewers I have tried many different irons. I have naturally wavy, fine (but lots of it), colored hair--very dry due to coloring, highlighting and the texture of my hair. IMy hair also frizzes and doubles in size at the drop of the hat. had a friend purchase this iron for me at a hair supply professional store for about half the retail price, but even at $149 it was expensive for me! I love the GHD because it has heat sensors in the plates (the literature says it automatically adjusts to the needs of your hair), it heats up in less than a minute, my hair stays straight and does not bulk up even in the rain, and I only have to straighten once a week (with exception of my bangs). The GHD gets my hair straight, but it does not loose its volume like with the CHI. It is very shiny and stays straight until I wash it (with few touch ups). Give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The GHD straightens and curls really well, no doubt about it.
However, I agree very strongly with another review, since using it, my hair has not grown. Everytime After I use it I find a million broken ends on my counter and my ends look like crap.
I take really good care of my hair, i put a lot of effort into it, use the best products, deep condition regularly etc its like a part time job for me, So for this iron to hurt my hair likie this after what I paid is pretty disappointing.
This iron is really damaging, more than any other I have tried.
I also feel like its kind of a rip off. For $250+ you dont even get pure ceramic plates, or tourmaline, or even heat control.
Theres nothing special about it, anything hot like this will straighten your hair.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by spring09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried soooo many flat irons from $20 ones to $250 and this by far is the best. I have really thick, black, frizzy ethnic hair and I usually get it thinned out at the salon. For the longest time I used a CHI and thought it was great until I tried something else. Some of the other irons I have used are: FHI, RUSK, GHD, and vidal sasoon.

GHD is the only only iron where my hair doesnt get frizzy post-styling. It does not have an adjustable knob but the internal temperature is fixed at 370 (I believe) and I do not feel the need to adjust it. It is very pricey but worth every penny.

I am very picky about flat irons for a number of reasons but one of them being the cost. If I am paying $250 for a flat iron it better be worth it and this GHD is....