July 22, 2014 | 1297 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

this is my favorite powder! it keeps me from getting oily during the day without making me look "cakey"

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by 17rosenk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic powder! First of all, I've had it for about 3 months and there is barely a dent in it. And I like ALWAYS shatter my powders (because I'm really clumsy) but this hasn't broken yet! This sets my concealer really well and makes it stay on basically all day at school. Also, i have dry skin and it doesn't make the dry patches more noticeable. It looks really nice on my skin and i just love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by missanonymous168

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first powder I have ever used, and I am so happy I did my research and bought this one. I was scared that using a powder would make me look cakey or fake, this does neither! It makes my foundation look more natural, makes my pores look invisible, makes my make-up last longer, and mattifies my (extremely) oily skin wonderfully! When I look at myself after wearing make up all day, I can hardly tell that I am wearing make-up, and my make-up still looks beautiful. I have no desire to ever use another powder. I use the puff thingy that comes with it, no complaints- it does it's job. The swivel out mirror is really nice. My only complaint is that the packaging is a bit thick, but I think it's worth it because it has the mirror and the product itself works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by joxbelle

Slightly hard to get my hands on this in Asia but it is definitely worth it, great oil control and my face didn't shine like crazy like how it used to. It didn't break me out either. Overall, a really really good drug store powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lndtng

I use this product with the Dream Matte Mousse. And I have to say, it does keep my oily skin relatively matte. I would probably have to touch it up maybe once (or twice) in a long day.
But just letting you know, I haven't exactly figured out whether or not this product makes me break out. I have had a few break outs, but I don't know if it was due to this product. This probably doesn't help. Nonetheless, I'm still quite fond of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I feel bad about writing a bad review because honestly, I think I might've gotten a defective one, but still, it was pretty bad. I remember buying this product when I first started makeup and I thought it was pretty good! Nice matte finish but not drying. So I picked up another one. NO BUENO. It oxidized in the pan, turning from it's usual almost translucent shade to almost bright orange! IT WAS WEIRD. I had to scrape off a couple of layers of product to get back to the original shade and then it was all back to normal. So, yeah. Once I finish with this, I think I'm gonna go try the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time FAVORITE drug-store pressed powder. Keeps your skin looking nice and matte and never looks cakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I love best about this powder is that it does not cake up. If you have ever spent some time meticulously applying your makeup, only to have your whole look ruined by a powder, you know exactly what I mean. Once I hit my late 30's I stopped applying powder all over. Whether we like to admit it or not, our skin changes with age -so, we have to tweak our routine to fake youthful gorgeous skin.

I apply this powder with a stippling brush, like the fabulous one from Ecotools or the MAC 187, to certain areas only when needed...pretty much after 8 hours into my work day (here in hot humid FL). This powder give a soft effect that refreshes my look, and feels very light. I have no complaints with the packaging; though I never use the puff that's included, I love the mirror that is built in. The price is nice for the amount of product and how long it lasts. I definitely recommend giving this powder a try.

For shade reference, I use Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Light 4-5, and have used it with Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1. I have also used it with Revlon liquid foundation comb/oily in Buff, MAC Studio Fix liquid in NC 15, Make Up For Ever liquid in #117 Marble, and Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 9. Looked beautiful with all of these!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I went to Sephora in search of a really good pressed powder a month back because I had picture day the following day at school. I was seriously in there for like an hour looking for one, but most of them were translucent and the colored powders were all powder foundations. I didn't want a translucent powder because I was afraid of getting a white cast or something from it.. I'm paranoid.

While I was in there, I remembered reading great reviews on this powder. So I left and went to Walgreens and picked it up and I LOVE IT. First of all, it keeps me matte for most of the day and it's totally affordable! I was about to drop like triple the price in Sephora and got an even better product for a better price!

This is now my HG pressed powder.. I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I use this as a setting powder and I LOVE it. I use Revlon Colorstay and put this over it to set it. It makes my foundation look nice and smooth and keeps my face less oily througout the day. I use to use MACs mineralize skinfinish, but this gives me the same effect I got from that. I purchased my first one after I had ran out of my mineralize and I am about to run out of this one since I use it everyday. At this price, Id buy this over MAC any day. :)