April 16, 2014 | 1924 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a small patch of vitiligo, it's not stark white, but it is lighter than the rest of my face. I used to love Dermablend, but they have changed the formula and it's not for the better.
I walked into Sephora and asked for a full coverage foundation expecting the usual stick or cream offered up. Instead I am shown this wonderfully light, water based makeup. The sales person tried it on me, and I was very impressed. It matched perfectly (a feat olive skins must conquer) and let a smooth, dewy finish that looked like my own skin. The price was shocking, but I paid it, considering how little product I would use.
It has been two months and even though I bought a pot of the old formula of Dermablend "just in case". I can say it is only used when I feel my MUF foundation is too good for the occasion (like grocery shopping or lunch with mother ;)
The packaging is good, a pump bottle, but glass. Took a point off for that, I am a clumsy cat. However you can take the pump top off in the event you only want a tiny bit...the option to choose is nice. All in, I would say this is a very good product and I certainly would buy it again!
***Update***
Shortly after buying this I noticed my skin was getting harder to handle. My chin area became clogged and I didn't really blame MUFE. It's so light in texture I thought if dermablend's old formula (cake like, in a pot) didn't break me out, why would this light, watery fluid?
I tried everything I knew to unclog those pores, thiking it was the toothpaste or this or that... and wound up with the flaky skin + small pimples senario that comes with over treating skin. I went four days bare faced...and the issue cleared up quickly.
I used MUFE Face and Body yesterday, and today it's back to square one with the chin thing and small pimples around my nose. Its the foundation. I tried to like this, and wanted to because I really do like the finish of the product, the ease of use and the clolor match is perfect. What a shame...and it's so expensive too. I would not repurchase...in fact I want to give this crap away.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have oily and acne prone skin with large pores and a few acne scar dents. But I controlled it to be decent. A lot of post acne pigmentation left behind. I have been using it on and off about several years. This foundation even out my skin pretty well and color matched pretty good. Not cakey at al and won't settle into poresl that are its biggest advantages. However it gave me a shiny sweaty look on my face even after powdered (Ben Nye translucent). I used foundation brush to apply (Bobbi brown). The scent is pretty strong. A old lady scent. I bought it a long time ago so it did not come with a pump. Basically I did not use it very often and there is only a little left because I accidentally knocked down it and spilled a lot of it. I would say this foundation would be most suitable on the body or for people with dry skin who want a juicy dewy healthy complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation base or to use to mix other foundations. I got this in shade 32 alabaster beige and it looked great on my skin. Love the gel-like consistency and the water based formula. Would highly recommend and the color choices are amazing- you can find one for any skintone.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow this foundation really looks like skin. It looks totally natural, on me it's a bit of a dewey finish (I have dry skin right now, winter) if I apply with a brush but I like applying it with my fingers. Something about the way it warms up the product, it actually seems to change the texture and thicken it up a bit. When i apply with fingers i get a more matte finish. Feels comfortable on my face and looks like my skin but better! It evens out the redness on my cheeks. I had doubts about coverage power since it was so thin and watery, but it covers enough for me and is beautifully buildable. The downside for me is the fragrance, I find it not unpleasant but a bit strong. I'm trying to move away from synthetically fragranced products as part of my attempts to use stuff with better ingredients. Especially for things i use almost everyday. But this stuff works so well for me I may have to overlook it. It's supposed to be waterproof. Haven't tested how smudge proof it is but I noticed it does transfer to my shirt this morning but maybe it hadn't set yet. through the day it wears ok but coverage seems to get more sheer, like my skin is absorbing it, even if I set with powder. Still experimenting with it but so far I like! Comes in a glass pump bottle which I love for ease of use and keeing the product hygienic.
UPDATE: found something else that works better for me- koh gen do aqua foundation! Returned MUFE FB. Still like MUFE FB but didn't need two foundations so figured I'd save the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love water-based foundations! They just sit on my face better than any other type of foundation. This is no exception! I love the cool feeling you get from putting this on. Because of the formula, this is really easy to apply with your fingers. For me it's not fussy , my go-to everyday foundation.

Pros:
- Light weight feeling
- Easy to apply
- Beautiful slightly dewy finish
- Light - medium coverage ( you can layer)

Cons:
- Price
- Fragrance ( it's pleasant smelling and doesn't bother me, though)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

I had high hopes for this foundation but it smelled too strong and was just too sheer for me. It was hit or miss whether this foundation looked good on my skin after applying. The smell gave me a headache after awhile. It has a weird consistency, and it seemed like it changed color slightly after blending. Returned.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

This foundation is just alright. The coverage is EXTREMELY sheer. I was expecting that when I purchased it, but it's almost as if I'm not wearing anything at all! (The Sephora inside J.C. Penny's doesn't carry this where I live, so I had to purchase online during F&F sale.) I do have a bit of hyperpigmentation. It's nothing major, but this foundation doesn't even cover it. I put on a few layers and I feel like I can still see them peeking through. I do like the fact that this is a water-based foundation; I just wish it was the tiniest bit thicker. I think that this foundation looks a little too dewy for my tastes, so I always make sure to apply powder over the top. I find that this foundation is good for mixing! I feel as though my MAC Studio Fix Fluid is too thick and yellow for me. When I mix it with my MUFE F&B, it works a whole hell of a lot better.

All in all, I'd give it a C grade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so i heard alot of good things about this product, it definately lives up to its promises and it is probably up there in the HG foundations.
The coverage of this foundation is quite sheer, however buildable without going streaky or cakey, i would say if your using 1 layer, it has less coverage then a tinted moisturiser, but 2 layers provides almost full coverage, and it has a runny/watery consistency.
It covers blemishes quite well, but if youre looking for a product to cover all your big red pimples, i would reccomend a thicker product.
I apply this foundation with the sigma f80 buffing brush, however i feel it would work really well with hands.
I have pretty oily skin, and i feel this foundation copes well with that, i still have to blot and re-apply powder foundation throughout the day on my t-zone, but if your someone who doesnt like to wear powder foundation ontop, the foundation would just become more "sheer" as the day progresses, and you could definately re-apply where needed without noticeable colour difference, as this foundation doesnt oxodise.
The price for this foundation was pretty steep, it cost nearly $70. However its the best liquid foundation ive ever tried, so its been worth every sent. The packageing is cute. It comes in a little glass bottle with a pump, however it would be inconvienient to carry around during the day, as it is quite heavy.
All in all i am happy with this product, and would probably re purchase unless something better comes along, however im pretty sick of looking for the "best foundation". So i might just stick with this as it pretty much meets all my foundation criteria.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ishine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Until I found the perfect way to apply this, I was really on the fence about it, but it is now total HG for me!!! I have worn and tried many foundations in my 40+ years. GA LSF, Shu, NARS Sheer Glow, MAC F&B, LM TM, Bobbi Brown(several of hers), FACE Atelier Ultra, Illuminare, Bare Escentuals, several Lancome fdts., Estee Lauder DW Light, Smashbox...I'm sure I'm forgetting some!! First, I am about in the 20 range in MAC and I wear 20 in the MUFE F&B. In the summer when I use sunless tanner, I add some of 34 to the 20. And in the dead of winter, I add some of 38 to the 20. I have this in several shades because I use this on my brides. I have normal to dry skin. Now on to the way I apply that I believe gets you the most coverage and best finish. First, I pump some out on the back of my hand. I then apply it all over my face with my fingers, just kinda "laying" it down, getting all areas covered but NOT rubbing it in just yet. I then wait about 30-45 seconds, letting some of the moisture from the foundation to evaporate. Then I begin to rub it in my skin, starting with the area where I first applied, again just using my fingers. You should find that the fdt. is not as gel like, almost cream like and has more coverage(the texture of the fdt. changes). Once you have the fdt. rubbed in, if you feel you need more coverage in some areas, put more fdt. on the back of your hand, rub, rub it in, still on the back of your hand until you begin to see the texture change, becoming a little creamy. Then PAT it on those areas you need more coverage. After a little time, the fdt. will "set" to a slightly less dewy finish so you can then go on with the rest of your routine. I personally like to apply a very light layer of MAC blot on my t-zone, and a light layer of MAC MSFN everywhere else. I hope this helps!! I do have a photo in my profile, taken after 11 hours of wear, with no touch ups except reapplying my lipstick. This wears very, very well. I love MUFE, I have yet to be disappointed in anything I have bought from this brand. My dream is to visit the flagship store in NYC!!!!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I love this foundation! I had it for 6 months now before I decided to write a review... and now I am convinced that I have found my HG foundation! I wore it countless times to parties and it has never failed me. My skin looks so smooth yet natural. It gives a natural glow to your skin. And it doesn't accentuate dry flaky patch on my skin either. It didn't break me out either. The only thing that I need to do is blot once in a while on my t-zone. But that's okay... because the finish of this foundation looks amazingly natural in real life and my skin looks fabulously flawless on pictures too!
The only thing that I don't like about this foundation is the packaging. It comes in a bottle with no pump. The opening of the bottle is too big and sometimes I ended up pouring out more than I used. I like the jelly-like consistency of this foundation though... it feels hydrating.
I think I will still definitely stick by this foundation despite its poor packaging. Finally I can have a foundation that I can always count on.