July 23, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I am definitely feeling this foundation. It is very light. I think I heard it was 80% water or something. But it goes on smoothly and has a nice satin finish. This is for someone with pretty good skin who wants to even out their complexion or cover some minor flaws and just have a nice fresh glowy look. There is a faint smell to it that I am not crazy about, but it is not a deal breaker!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

I use this on my legs in the summer whenever I wear a dress or shorts. I am NC25ish so MUFE F&B in #20 is a great match. It looks natural, and stays put for the most part, just make sure it is dry before you put on a white skirt :) a setting powder helps alot too. It truly is water/sweat resistant, I wouldn't say waterproof. It covers up very minor flaws like light bruises, some spider veins and redness. It dosen't cover anything major, I would recommend a concealer like MUFE's full coverage or Hard Candy's Glamoflage for that. I still am in search of something completely and truly waterproof. Expensive, but worth it in my book!

UPDATE: Now that I have relocated to beautiful Denver and my husband and I do more outdoorsy stuff, I recently rediscovered this. I needed something relatively sweat proof to put on before going on a hike and I put this on real quick. Wow. Really, my skin but better. It gives a natural glow and evens out my complexion just enough to look like I just have naturally flawless skin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have a lot of acne or blemishes, but it is build able so if your skin is in the middle of being flawless and horrible, I would give this a shot. I still love my Diorskin Nude and Guerlain Parure but I will defintatly be using this more often :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

I really wanted to love this foundation after reading so many great reviews on it. Unfortunately, Australia doesn't have MUFE shopfronts and I ordered mine from a make-up college for AUD$60, not including shipping. For this price, I really did expect much more than what I ended up getting.

My bottle came with a pump, and although I shook the bottle before every use, the foundation that was trapped in the pump would come up with that gluggy, gel-like consistency with a thick film over it. I would then have to wipe the first pump away, and only start using from the second pump of product onwards. For the price, the wastage was really unjustifiable. The fragrance although quite heavy, I didn't really mind - however if you are sensitive to heavy scents, I wouldn't recommend this product. It does generally dissipate after a minute or two though.

I tried applying the foundation many different ways:
1. Traditional foundation brush - this was rubbish, it left streaks, and soaked up most of the product and I would need at least 3-4 pumps to get a decent light-medium coverage
2. Sponge - this did not work, as with the foundation brush, the spong soaked up most of the product, and did not give me any coverage whatsoever
3. Stippling brush - this worked quite well, and I only needed 2 pumps of this product (with some product left over) for a decent coverage
4. Fingers - I hate applying with fingers, but I found this to be the most effective application, only needing one pump!

The best thing I have to say about this foundation is that it is extremely pigmented, which is why it works so well when applying witha stippling brush or fingers - the longer you blend, the better coverage you get as the pigments "melt" into your skin. After application, you get a very nice, glowy finish. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can definitely layer this foundation - because of the watery consistency, you really don't feel heavy with more than 1 coat of foundation on.

The biggest disappointment for me however, is that this does not last very long at all! For a product that claims to be water and transfer-resistant, it does such a poor job. I found that I had a lovely, "my skin but better" complexion for the first 4 hours of the day, but by midday my face will look shiny, patchy and pores that I never knew existed would be evident on my face. I have never needed to use a primer before, but I purchased one (Laura Mercier). However, this had no effect on the longevity of this product. Placing powder over this foundation sort of defeats the purpose of this foundation you will no longer have that "second skin" look. There are so many more foundations out there that will achieve a more matte look sans powder. I tried it with the UrbanDecay fixing mist, and that too had no effect.

I have been using this foundation for 8 months before doing this review, as I really did try to give this product a chance to redeem itself in some way. However, for me, this product was a waste of $$$ and I would definitely never repurchase again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jenniferkayy

This is the first high end foundation I purchased. I decided to buy it because of it's great reviews on here and many people stated that it looked very natural, which I want. I was known for having cakey and unnatural looking makeup in high school, so I was searching for a natural looking foundation that gave a dewy finish. MUFE F&B was the perfect foundation for me! It blends beautifully and does not settle into any pores or fine lines. Because it is so light, I apply 2 layers. One layer was not enough to cover my acne scars. After applying the first layer with my fingers, I let it set and dry for 30 seconds-1 minute, then I apply the 2nd layer the same way. 2 layers is perfect to cover my acne scars but still let my natural skin peek through. The foundation does come with a pump now which is another plus. I have slightly oily/combination skin but I do not recommend this to those with oily skin because F&B does have a dewy finish which will look super oily on oily skin.

PROS:

-super natural looking

-easy to blend

-comes with a pump

-dewy finish

-feels light on skin

-buildable

CONS:

-expensive ($38)

-some may dislike flowery fragrance

BOTTOM LINE:

If you are willing to pay $38 for a foundation, get MUFE F&B. It makes your skin dewy and naturally fresh. There is no SPF so it will photograph beautifully. I use this foundation everyday and it is my HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this for well over a year now. Ever since Chanel discontinued my shade of Vitalumiere, I had been on a hunt for a similar product. MUFE F&B offers better coverage than MAC's version, and it is more gel like in consistency, vs the MAC which I find much more runny. This is very sheer, like a tinted moisturizer, however it is very buildable. 2 pumps gives me somewhere between light and medium coverage (much more buildable than MAC's F&B) Ever since using the Vitalumiere/F&B types, I cannot go back to using a heavier foundation.

Face & Body feels like you're not wearing anything, and is very hydrating on my mostly normal/ dry prone skin.

Shade wise I also have a great match in the MUFE, where as in MAC they do not have a shade light enough without my mixing white in (NW10 for ref).

I use MUFE F&B in the shade 38, which is a spot on perfect match for my skin tone which is mostly neutral, but slightly cool.

Overall, this is a great foundation which never breaks out my extremely acne prone skin, and just looks like my natural skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is extremely light like a tinted moisturizer but it's buildable. I always use two coats for a sheer coverage. This really gives my skin extra moisture throughout the day and doesn't feel like I"m wearing anything. The only bad thing is that the bottle doesn't seem to last that long. It takes a lot of product to even get a basic sheer layer. Maybe my very dry skin is drinking it up fast, because the bottle won't last very long.

Overall, a great very low, to sheer coverage foundation that moisturizes and leaves a healthy glow. This lasts all day, where a tinted moisturizer usually doesn't. I wear this on days I want low coverage, or if I"m in a hurry, since it blends extremely easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE2: After trying the Skin79 BB Cream, I would suggest people that can find a shade in this cream that suit you to try it out. To me it seemed like it gave very similar finish to this foundation. The light pink BB cream from Skin79 is very much like shade 20. The hot pink one is a little bit darker. The orange one is about an NC10-15 (at most) in colour. I just mix some colour corrector into the ones that are pink toned and get a prefect colour. There may be other BB creams similar to this. BB cream is cheaper than this foundation and also has better ingredients, so maybe some people will like it better.
UPDATE: I'm not completely sure yet, but this may be clogging my pores a little bit...It doesn't seem to break me out, but every time I wear it, I usually stick with it for about a month, and after that time, I notice especially on my neck, that I have these little pimples.
I actually really like this :] My skin is dry and sensitive.
What mainly makes me like this foundation is that it looks so very natural. I don't like that "waxy" look a lot of heavier foundations can give me, but this leaves me with a very nice finish (when powdered on top!!!). This also don't dry my skin out, which is really nice - I hate looking old and dry at the end of the day. When I found a technique of applying this and set it right, it holds up really well during the day. I haven't noticed any transferring, but I have worn foundation for a long time and it's a habit to keep face off clothes
In the beginning, before I figured out how to make this foundation work for me, I really disliked it. As many people have mentioned: if you wear only this and don't have extremely dry skin, it will turn you into an oil slick. And it doesn't set either, but rather turns more and more oily.
I have tried this:
- without moisturiser: cheeks looks fine, but you can use my forehead as a mirror
- with moisturiser: my whole face is really oily and disgusting
- with moisturiser under and powder brushed on top: not a nice finish - powder was kinda lifting the foundation, making my skin look flaky and patchy
- with moisturiser under and powder PRESSED onto the face: wow, perfect! The powder I use is Givenchy Prisme Libre it has shimmer in it, so it doesn't take the glow away), which I think works wonderfully with this foundation. The finish is really smooth, natural and the foundation holds up really nicely during the day, which is really important to me, as I wear it on for 16 hours a day. Learn the technique in this video by Wayne Goss:

One more thing that annoyed me in he beginning was application, because this foundation has quite a strange formula. I don't know how some of you people manage to put this on with a brush or a beauty blender, because I don't see how the coverage would manage to be even. I apply this with fingers. You need to shake this really well if you want the consistency to be optimal on application, if not, this happens: first it goes really patchy, kinda clumpy, streaky and really weird. BUT: if you just continue rubbing and blending, this suddenly becomes much harder to blend and much lighter in colour (don't worry, it will go back to the original colour soon) - this is when you know you have the right consistency. From here, you can begin blending and patting the foundation around your face, and if you just keep doing that, you will get a very nice finish :) Don't forget to powder over. I actually think this method may prolong the wear time.
What is bad about this? If you were to do another person's makeup, you would probably not like to sit there and "slap" the person for 1-2 minutes...
One last thing I found annoying too, was that when I just started using this, it seemed like my skin reacted a little bit too it, getting more pimples, so I stopped using it for a while. When I tried it again, the same thing happened, but I seemed to stop having the reaction pretty soon. I think my skin needed to get used to this - it's pretty common that skin actually can get used to product after a while. After this, I really like this foundation.
My colour: I'm about an NC15 in MAC, after oxidation, and chose nr. 20 in this. The undertone is neutral. Since this foundation is so light, the colours are actually very forgiving, so I'm not left with any lines or so. I also actually really like that the shade I chose brings a little pink into my very yellow skin - it actually looks more natural. This foundation doesn't oxidise on me AT ALL when I powder over it, but oxidation is a very personal thing - it all depends on how the oils from your face reacts with the makeup you have on.
This foundation does have a smell I don't care much about. I don't like foundations to have perfume in them, but the smell of this doesn't really annoy me. For some reason, it reminds me of sunflowers.
This is the foundation I use when I have bad skin days. In my case it's not a lot of pimples, but really dry skin. This happens mostly in the winter, when it's really cold: I can get eczema on my chin, cheeks close to nose and over my upper lip. Luckily, those areas don't turn much red (nothing a concealer can't fix), but they get flaky. Heavy moisturiser and this gel-foundation on top are the only things that can hide it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by LalaLoveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is decent I would say. I actually used it for quite a while until about a year ago. The coverage is very sheer, which is fine if that's what you're looking for and at the time I was. However, it does not have good staying power at all..I would put it on about 8 am before school, and by the time I got home (around 3:30) it was extremely faded and somewhat patchy. I don't mind the finish, it's definitely far from matte so I wouldn't use this if you have oily skin. In fact my skin is normal/dry but I usually had to apply pressed powder around my nose throughout the day to prevent oilyness. One thing I do love about it though, it how light and natural it feels on the skin- also, the colour selection is good and I was matched to a shade that was absolutely perfect for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im Asian, NC42 with MAC and I have combination skin, oily t-zones and dry, slightly discolored cheeks.

Im currently using Mat Velvet and it works fine except for how it shows up in photos.

**I was looking for my own HG: something mattifying, glowy, looks good in photos and HAS TO LOOK GOOD outdoors on both daylight and night time.

I tried this so-called "HG" for bridal makeup artists and honestly i was extremely disappointed.

Pro:
-Gel-like texture actually feels refreshing when applied
-great packaging/pump
-price was alright
-very buildable
-applies like a tanning lotion, very light on the skin and it almost stains the skin color rather than "layer" on color like most foundation---which means it looks natural up close

Con:
-slight smell but bearable
-leaves streaks, it looked good indoora and once i stepped out it looked like i had tons of tanning lotion on my face and you can see my brush marks (maybe i applied it wrong so that's fine)
-it does NOT leave a dewy finish, rather it makes your face look like an OIL SLEEK and feels gross and sticky
-on photos, unless i layer other foundations and add tons of pressed powder, it only HIGHLIGHTS my flaws and oil sleeks, honestly my MAT VELVET+ performed better in both outdoor lighting and camera
-outdoors you can see the brush marks, the sheen intensifies n it jist looks awful

**Ill be sticking to my Mat Velvet+ or Diorskin Nude for now.
I WEAR:
-Bobbi Brown Corrector [Peach]
-Mac Studio Sculp Concealer [NC42]
-Mac Studio Finish Concealer [NC42]
-Mat Velvet+ [not sure what shade, its hard to find where its written]
-Urban Decay Bronzer [Toasted]
-Milk of Magnesia to control oils
-Iman Brow Pencil (underrated and totally works great)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE. I absolutely love this product!! It is for anyone looking for:

- a natural-looking, light foundation (which I thought was an oxymoron until I found this)

- something that will stay on your face during inclement weather, an accidental fall into the pool (yes, that happened), and even a swim in the ocean

- compliments. Just oodles of compliments.

After dozens of attempts at other foundations/concealers, I have found my HG foundation. First, the color selection is amazing. I actually found through trial and error that I am a 50/50 mix between 34, and 18. Being the clumsy fool I am (referencing the accidental fall into the pool), I am also prone to knocking glass things off high places. I found a small plastic bottle, bought both foundations, and mix my foundation in the small bottle. It's genius. In the summer, I add more 18. In the winter, more 34. This keeps me looking natural all throughout the year. With such a large color selection, I'm pretty sure you'll find your color match, even if you have to do some mixing like I do.

Second, the formula is amazing. It's a weird, globby gel consistency that is unlike anything I've ever felt in a foundation, but feels like water when spread across your face. I use my fingers, and use just a dime size for my entire face. It dries to a slight sheen, which is why I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder. It stays ALL DAY, doesn't become oily, and doesn't oxidize like a lot of foundations I've tried. Even my picky bf, who hates makeup, thinks I never wear foundation. Even my sister asked me (knowing my enormous makeup collection) "are you wearing makeup? It doesn't look like it. It just looks like nice skin." The reason for this, which might turn some people off, is that it is very lightweight. It can be built up if applied in layers, but for the most part the beauty is that it lets natural skin show through. If you blush, it'll show you blushing. If you're sick, it'll show a pallor.

Yes, it does have a scent, but now I don't even notice it. It definitely fades after a while, and no one I know has ever complained about my "lotion smelling".

Highly highly recommend. I will use this one forever. =)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No