December 22, 2014 | 1838 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I had so many sample in my life of this foundation and today I am going out and buy it. The shade range is wide, is lasts all day and this perfect sheer I have always wanted

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

My new favorite summer foundation. I have had a very hard time finding foundation to match my skin. I have pale, neutral skin with a beige undertone. Most foundation for pale people is either way too pink or way too yellow. Shade 20 matches my skin perfectly when I'm tan (well as tan as I get). For the rest of the year, I wear MUFE HD in shade 117.

I have combination skin with a few post-acne hyper pigmentation marks and I sometimes have acne flare-ups. I hate the look/feel of full coverage foundation. I apply it with a damp stippling brush and 1.5 pumps gives nice coverage. This covers my hyper pigmentation marks and leaves me with a fresh, gorgeous glow that makes my skin look naturally luminous. I apply a touch of concealer over blemishes and a touch of powder, and I'm left with flawless skin. This doesn't even feel like I'm wearing makeup, and it moisturizes my skin. And...IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!! Miraculous.

UPDATE: I am on accutane now, so instead of greasepit skin, I now have super dry skin. And this is PERFECT. The HD foundation, while great when my skin was oily, just made my dry skin look dull and dried it out even more. With this, you can't tell that my skin is parched. I use a different method now than when it was oily. I apply jojoba oil on my face in the morning & the night before, make sure there are no flakes, then I pat this in a bit at a time with my fingers. I find applying it this way is better to make sure my flakes aren't accentuated. My mom asked what I did since she said my skin looked much better, she couldn't believe it was foundation. Also this doesn't exacerbate dryness. Love it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MsMinipony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Color:
MUFE's color selection is excellent. I use 38 (pink porcelain) and it's light enough for me to wear in winter. It neither turns me yellow nor uber pink. I don't even have to be careful to blend in edges. That's a first!
Texture:
As everyone else has mentioned this is a unique jelly-like texture. If you shake it up (and I do mean shake it up, get jiggy with it!) it turns into a liquid which spreads very easily. I find it works best with my fingers as your brushes will just soak it up and leave streaks. It feels very cool and soothing during application and leaves your skin very smooth to the touch. It leaves a youthful dewy finish and I just tone it down with some powder in my t-zone. Essentially left bare this works as a highlighter for me which is absolutely brilliant.
Coverage:
This is a light coverage foundation, so don't expect any major miracles. It excels at canceling out redness and it leaves a dewy sheen which I find really draws away from flaws. Concealer is crucial though if you have any sort of skin problems. You can layer it very well also and generally I find I do use quite a bit more foundation than I would with my other staples. I've owned this for about three months now and the bottle is already more than half empty.
Smell:
This smells like roses and it is quite strong, so if you're sensitive to that type of smell give it a pass. I actually quite like it even though I'm not too fond of strong smelling cosmetics.
Verdict:
This foundation is perfect for you if a) you don't have major skin flaws such as acne b) you are looking for a dewy finish and / or just use powder to control you oil c) you can never find a shade that matches you and d) you have some cash to spare because even though this containts 1.7 ounces instead of the regular 1.0 you will also use more than with other foundations.For me this really is HG material.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by southbeach82

After reading the reviews on makeupalley I decided to go to sephora to purchase this item but when I got there I started asking the SAs about my concerns that it will break me out since I have acne prone skin. So she gave me a very big sample to try. I am always scared to use new face products because I am scared that it will break me out especially how this product has a scent. At first I thought the texture was very strange since it was watery but wasn't runny. As soon as I put it on my face I loved the texture, ti was watery, cooling and hydrating. I wore it for the entire two weeks and went back to sephora and purchased in with no doubt.

I must say this foundation isn't full coverage but it is buildable but since I don't have much time in the morning before I go to work I mix it with my Missha BB cream #23 and it's the perfect amount of coverage. My favorite thing is that this is VERY light, VERY natural, my bf who hates it when I wear makeup couldn't even tell and hoenstly I couldn't feel it on my face either.

For reference, I am NC25 and #32 matches my skin perfect, I can put it on in patches and you won't be able to tell. I use my fingers to apply most of the time but when I mix it with BB cream I like to apply using the ELF Powder Brush or Sigma F80. And I set my foundation with Mac Blot Powder. I prefer this over the MUFE HD, MAC Studio Fix, NARs sheer glow and all the other foundations that I have. Definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I am definitely feeling this foundation. It is very light. I think I heard it was 80% water or something. But it goes on smoothly and has a nice satin finish. This is for someone with pretty good skin who wants to even out their complexion or cover some minor flaws and just have a nice fresh glowy look. There is a faint smell to it that I am not crazy about, but it is not a deal breaker!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

I use this on my legs in the summer whenever I wear a dress or shorts. I am NC25ish so MUFE F&B in #20 is a great match. It looks natural, and stays put for the most part, just make sure it is dry before you put on a white skirt :) a setting powder helps alot too. It truly is water/sweat resistant, I wouldn't say waterproof. It covers up very minor flaws like light bruises, some spider veins and redness. It dosen't cover anything major, I would recommend a concealer like MUFE's full coverage or Hard Candy's Glamoflage for that. I still am in search of something completely and truly waterproof. Expensive, but worth it in my book!

UPDATE: Now that I have relocated to beautiful Denver and my husband and I do more outdoorsy stuff, I recently rediscovered this. I needed something relatively sweat proof to put on before going on a hike and I put this on real quick. Wow. Really, my skin but better. It gives a natural glow and evens out my complexion just enough to look like I just have naturally flawless skin. I wouldn't recommend this if you have a lot of acne or blemishes, but it is build able so if your skin is in the middle of being flawless and horrible, I would give this a shot. I still love my Diorskin Nude and Guerlain Parure but I will defintatly be using this more often :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

I really wanted to love this foundation after reading so many great reviews on it. Unfortunately, Australia doesn't have MUFE shopfronts and I ordered mine from a make-up college for AUD$60, not including shipping. For this price, I really did expect much more than what I ended up getting.

My bottle came with a pump, and although I shook the bottle before every use, the foundation that was trapped in the pump would come up with that gluggy, gel-like consistency with a thick film over it. I would then have to wipe the first pump away, and only start using from the second pump of product onwards. For the price, the wastage was really unjustifiable. The fragrance although quite heavy, I didn't really mind - however if you are sensitive to heavy scents, I wouldn't recommend this product. It does generally dissipate after a minute or two though.

I tried applying the foundation many different ways:
1. Traditional foundation brush - this was rubbish, it left streaks, and soaked up most of the product and I would need at least 3-4 pumps to get a decent light-medium coverage
2. Sponge - this did not work, as with the foundation brush, the spong soaked up most of the product, and did not give me any coverage whatsoever
3. Stippling brush - this worked quite well, and I only needed 2 pumps of this product (with some product left over) for a decent coverage
4. Fingers - I hate applying with fingers, but I found this to be the most effective application, only needing one pump!

The best thing I have to say about this foundation is that it is extremely pigmented, which is why it works so well when applying witha stippling brush or fingers - the longer you blend, the better coverage you get as the pigments "melt" into your skin. After application, you get a very nice, glowy finish. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can definitely layer this foundation - because of the watery consistency, you really don't feel heavy with more than 1 coat of foundation on.

The biggest disappointment for me however, is that this does not last very long at all! For a product that claims to be water and transfer-resistant, it does such a poor job. I found that I had a lovely, "my skin but better" complexion for the first 4 hours of the day, but by midday my face will look shiny, patchy and pores that I never knew existed would be evident on my face. I have never needed to use a primer before, but I purchased one (Laura Mercier). However, this had no effect on the longevity of this product. Placing powder over this foundation sort of defeats the purpose of this foundation you will no longer have that "second skin" look. There are so many more foundations out there that will achieve a more matte look sans powder. I tried it with the UrbanDecay fixing mist, and that too had no effect.

I have been using this foundation for 8 months before doing this review, as I really did try to give this product a chance to redeem itself in some way. However, for me, this product was a waste of $$$ and I would definitely never repurchase again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by jenniferkayy

This is the first high end foundation I purchased. I decided to buy it because of it's great reviews on here and many people stated that it looked very natural, which I want. I was known for having cakey and unnatural looking makeup in high school, so I was searching for a natural looking foundation that gave a dewy finish. MUFE F&B was the perfect foundation for me! It blends beautifully and does not settle into any pores or fine lines. Because it is so light, I apply 2 layers. One layer was not enough to cover my acne scars. After applying the first layer with my fingers, I let it set and dry for 30 seconds-1 minute, then I apply the 2nd layer the same way. 2 layers is perfect to cover my acne scars but still let my natural skin peek through. The foundation does come with a pump now which is another plus. I have slightly oily/combination skin but I do not recommend this to those with oily skin because F&B does have a dewy finish which will look super oily on oily skin.

PROS:

-super natural looking

-easy to blend

-comes with a pump

-dewy finish

-feels light on skin

-buildable

CONS:

-expensive ($38)

-some may dislike flowery fragrance

BOTTOM LINE:

If you are willing to pay $38 for a foundation, get MUFE F&B. It makes your skin dewy and naturally fresh. There is no SPF so it will photograph beautifully. I use this foundation everyday and it is my HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this for well over a year now. Ever since Chanel discontinued my shade of Vitalumiere, I had been on a hunt for a similar product. MUFE F&B offers better coverage than MAC's version, and it is more gel like in consistency, vs the MAC which I find much more runny. This is very sheer, like a tinted moisturizer, however it is very buildable. 2 pumps gives me somewhere between light and medium coverage (much more buildable than MAC's F&B) Ever since using the Vitalumiere/F&B types, I cannot go back to using a heavier foundation.

Face & Body feels like you're not wearing anything, and is very hydrating on my mostly normal/ dry prone skin.

Shade wise I also have a great match in the MUFE, where as in MAC they do not have a shade light enough without my mixing white in (NW10 for ref).

I use MUFE F&B in the shade 38, which is a spot on perfect match for my skin tone which is mostly neutral, but slightly cool.

Overall, this is a great foundation which never breaks out my extremely acne prone skin, and just looks like my natural skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is extremely light like a tinted moisturizer but it's buildable. I always use two coats for a sheer coverage. This really gives my skin extra moisture throughout the day and doesn't feel like I"m wearing anything. The only bad thing is that the bottle doesn't seem to last that long. It takes a lot of product to even get a basic sheer layer. Maybe my very dry skin is drinking it up fast, because the bottle won't last very long.

Overall, a great very low, to sheer coverage foundation that moisturizes and leaves a healthy glow. This lasts all day, where a tinted moisturizer usually doesn't. I wear this on days I want low coverage, or if I"m in a hurry, since it blends extremely easily.