Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 3/11/2012 10:30:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It evens out my skin tone nicely and doesn't look as though you are wearing foundation, my two most important qualities that I look for in a foundation. It doesn't sparkle or shine, either, which I like. Looks very natural while blurring minor imperfections. Very good staying power. Not matte, not too dewy or luminous. If you want luminous, try Giorgio Armani, which I like but lately have been feeling makes my skin too shiny. MUFE Face and Body doesn't look cake-y or settle into my fine lines or pores, either. Definitely recommend.

on 3/10/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have extremely sensitive skin that clogs easily and ranges from dry to dry-combination depending on the time of year. I don't have much to cover other than some old acne scarring on my chin/jaw (substantially faded due to prescription retinoids) and the uneven skintone with redness that my skin sensitivity sometimes produces. In foundation I look for light, but buildable, coverage, tenacious wear, a satin or slightly dewy finish, and a formula that flatters dryness and flaking when they occur. The shade needs to be fair and slightly, but not dramatically, cool-toned, to suit a >NW15. Most importantly, it must not irritate my reactive skin.

Makeup Forever Face & Body Foundation claims to be a long-lasting, water resistant product that evens out skintone and leaves a natural finish, perfect for a no makeup makeup look. Having made it through two bottles I feel qualified to say that in my experience most of that is true. As other reviewers have pointed out, if you're seeking full coverage you'll be disappointed by this. The coverage is light, buildable to medium by layering, and does a good job of producing an even, radiant canvas. It blurs imperfections but doesn't cover them totally (unless they're minor) so for the confidence of a fuller coverage you'll need to use this in conjunction with a concealer. The finish is gorgeous, healthy and slightly dewy but not in the way that apes oil. Having said that, oily/combination or oily-skinned people would probably prefer a more matte finish.

This is a water-based gel foundation and requires shaking before every use. The new generation pump bottles are much easier to work with than the old version without a pump. It's very liquid (but not as watery as MAC Face & Body Foundation) and feels refreshing on the skin. I find fingers or a foundation brush to be the most effective ways of applying this. A sponge would soak up most of the product immediately. I have tried several shades and prefer #38 for my skintone. #20 is too warm, too beige and a bit too dark, although as I lean neutral and the foundation is sheer I can get away with it. This would be a good shade for NC15-20 but those on the paler end of that range might find #20 too dark. Those on the darker end of the NW15-20 range might want to look at #2.

Despite being fragranced (often problematic for me) MUFE F&B is very benign to my sensitive skin, having never caused a reaction, immediate or delayed. It's also, in my experience, extremely kind and flattering to flaky skin - as I discovered during my adjustment phase to Retin A. Another point in this foundation's favour is that it photographs extremely well. I have used this for friends' bridal makeup on both dry and combination skins (with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or Shu Uemura Nobara stick foundation on blemishes) and it looks flawlessly beautiful in all lighting, including under flash.

I have repurchased and would do so again. My only hesitation is that I find MAC Face & Body wears better and for longer *on me* and transfers less to clothing, phones etc. Your mileage may vary - other reviewers have found the very opposite. MAC is also buildable more quickly for me, although as I prefer a sheer coverage anyway this is not particularly significant. (For reference my shade in MAC Face & Body is N1). Overall, for my needs, an excellent choice. It's quite hard to find in the UK - I purchased from Guru Makeup Emporium, which has excellent customer service. The staff were also very sweet to my bewildered fiance when he went in to pick some up for me. UK price: £28.95 (plus shipping) for 50ml, gurumakeupemporium.com.

on 3/6/2012 8:58:00 PM

This did not work for me in terms of colour selection and wearability. On my oily tzone this slid around at the 4 hour mark, and also transferred to clothing collars. The shades I tried were #20 (too beige) and #32 (too orange) and other shades inbewtween were just too far off.

I loved the finish however---very natural in look and feel. It blends seamlessly and feels utterly weightless. It also covers pores and scars in a subtle way, without looking cakey.

The idea of having to mix 2 shades to get the right match is far too expensive for me, as this retails at $42/bottle CDN.

on 3/6/2012 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I've previously declared EL DW to be my HG foundation and while I love the heavy coverage, in the end I realized I couldn't get any of the colors to work for my very neutral skin. Furthermore, the coverage--as much as I like it for my redness and acne scars--really aged me. I mucked around with other foundations, most of which were too orange, too pink, too light or too dark. In the end, I settled on a BB cream (Lioelle Triple the Solution) which I really like but the high SPF makes me look terrifying in photos. After trying 6 or 7 (!) foundations in the span of 7 months, I decided to shell out for this one. I have been using this in shade 32 since December and it hits all the high notes: it doesn't break me out; it provides very natural coverage and is buildable; it does NOT transfer. I love using my cell phone and not seeing a grease/makeup smear on the screen afterward; the texture is light and easy to blend; and it covers up the many flaws of my skin without making it screamingly obvious that I have foundation on. It does have its downfalls though. The finish is a bit shiny for my liking, but nothing a good powder can't fix. When my skin is very dry, it does accentuate the dry spots, but I've yet to find a foundation that doesn't. Finally, I find that if I use multiple layers on those bad skin days, it oxidizes a bit dark on me. To be fair, this may be my fault as my skin tone is probably closer to shade 20, but I selected 32 in the hopes the yellow undertones of the foundation would neutralize the redness of my face. Though I've recently felt tempted to try other foundations, namely MUFE's HD, NYX's HD and the new Benefit Oxygen Wow, I can't imagine actually plunking down more money when this works so amazingly well for me. MUFE also deserves props for their wide range of colors. I'm of Mexican-Scottish descent, with light olive skin and the struggle to find a decent color match has been nearly as frustrating as finding a cure for my acne has been. Even oxidized MUFE is much more natural looking on me than anything else I've tried other than the BB cream. While this stuff is pricy, it is worth its weight in gold to me.

Good product, didnt break my skin out, goes on nicely. This is a very sheer light weight foundation. If you have really spotty skin it isn't going to give you great coverage. The images on this product above aren't really true to form. If you have super clear skin to begin with then this is an amazing product. If you don't have super clear skin be prepared to use corrector and powder to hide flaws.

on 2/29/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Works well with my dry skin, if I moisturize thoroughly. Has a slight dewy finish. #20 is a decent match to my NC15-20 face, but foundation is light enough for color to be forgiving yet very build-able. I apply in small sections, with fingers, working rapidly; it is quick drying. I lightly press powder onto my t-zone and love the results. Almost HG, when I learned how to work with it. MUST shake and make sure you get a bottle with a pump.

on 2/28/2012 8:05:00 PM

Started using this 1 year ago. Will never be without again. Very wet, goes on very wet but for me this is good because it fills in lines and pores. It thickens as it dries and I use a makeup sponge to pat it into a perfect smooth finish. The face and body foundation is light coverage. This won't work for you if you like a medium or heavy coverage.. but if you are looking for a product to even your skin and have a 'natural' appearance this stuff is GREAT.

on 2/28/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i am a nc 30-33. i use mac's face and body in #3 and use mufe in #32 beige(w/pump).

i love this product. if i didnt have oily acne prone skin, I'd love it even more, however, I do have to set with powder(mufe loose matte powder in sand) or it'd take me about 5 blotting sheets after 3 hours to reduce shine.

At most I get, medium coverage using 3 light layers with my mac 188 brush. This will ever so slightly cover my dark spots, but this will even out skin tone, gets rid of redness, and gives you a look of healthy skin(esp if you have normal/combo skin). I can't get over the fact it looks incredibly natural.

It has a weird gelatinous texture with a a scent that reminds me of a non-chemically lemon pinesol (offputting description I know), but it's not as bad as Mac's Studio Fix Liquid or Revlon Colorstay.

Usually I use mufe face and body and use mufe full coverage concealer #6 or 7,cant remember the number, for that perfect non-cakey look

on 2/28/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i was a die hard MAC Face and body-- until i found this. the BEST light foundation ever. it is INVISIBLE on. even when i put 2 layers on to cover some redness. i do find that with my combo skin i need to set with powder and maybe have a mid-day touchup with powder. with MAC i looked greasy and gross after 2 hours. my new fave!!!!

on 2/27/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Disclaimer – Not a true product review; mixed foundation with MAC Face & Body White to find suitable shade.

Pros:
Coverage - reduces redness, light but buildable if needed
Packaging - pump
Consistency
Longevity – 6+ hrs wear without touch up

Cons:
Color - Pink Porcelain 38 far too dark
Price - (must think of it as an investment)
Smell - floral

Skin Type – Combination, Extremely Sensitive
Coloration – Cool toned and very fair

Make Up For Ever is an amazing brand, though their prices aren’t something that I can typically afford. I decided to take the plunge and “invest”. I bought their Face & Body late last year and have really enjoyed this foundation.

I must mix the shade Pink Porcelain 38 with MAC Face & Body White to get the right shade for my skintone. I tend to get oily gradually along my T-zone, the area around my mouth is on the drier side, and above all my skin reacts poorly (allergic) to almost every product. Face & Body is a dream on my skin. It doesn’t cling to dry spots, it lasts amazingly well on my T-zone, and it hasn’t given my skin a rash. I don’t suffer from acne, just the occasional blemish, so I don’t know how well it covers acne and/or scaring.

The finish can be on the “dewy” side as-is, but a good finishing powder gives it a very nice satin finish. It doesn’t transfer with my skin type. It’s the perfect product when my skin is dehydrated. Unlike MAC Face & Body, I can wear this during the summer. This foundation lasts quite well during the humid and ungodly hot southern summer months.

In comparison to MAC Face & Body, Make Up For Ever’s consistency is slightly thicker, almost gel-like. It’s easier to work with than MAC in my opinion. I use a stippling brush and my fingers to get the best application with both brands. Make Up For Ever’s finish is less dewy than MAC, so I reckon those with oilier skin would have better luck with Make Up For Ever.

This is a very good product and well worth the investment. Since I mix it with MAC Face & Body White, I get double the product. This foundation will last me a long time so the price didn’t make me kill over. However, if you used this product right out of the bottle on a daily basis, I would guess that the price may become problematic down the line.