Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 8/9/2008 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love...this. I was a phycians formula girl until i looked in too many mirrors and figured out that the color didn't quite match. So after long debate I swallowed my $80 and ordered it. I love it. It feels so good going on, and looks amazing. It stays put FOREVER and even at a little diner that I work 8 hour shifts as a waitress, i still look good after. My t-zone is oily, but it has calmed down since trying BE. Really love it. Mineral Veil "blurrs" my pores on my nose very well. Very natural looking, like I'm not trying hard. Love it. Will re-purchase.

on 7/7/2008 12:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Its nothing but shimmer! Has way too much mica in it! Great if you wanna look like an old lady cause it will give you the look of fine lines. Way too expensive for such little amount of product. Brush it came with is crap, very scratchy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first review and i just had to warn other women about this product.i like many women saw the infomercial, and just had to have this new miracle product, so i ordered it, and when it arrived i was pleasantly suprised with the easy application, so i continued using it for about 6 months, during this time i ocassionally broke out, but i assumed it was stress. so i purchased a new set, and used it for about 3 more months, well after those 3 months, my skin totally changed, it was constantly broke out, had flaky dry patches, itchy red bumps all over, and the gentlest of cleaners, made my face burn and sting sooo bad. i also noticed tiny white bumps under my eyes. milia?? too sum it up i had very clear/even skin when i first started using this about a year ago, i just recently stopped using this about 3 months ago, and my face is now barely starting to look like it did before. i really like the concept of bare minerals, but the actual product is anything but great ,and far from pure and natural.

on 6/30/2008 12:16:00 PM

I didn't like this. I tried to use it for a while, and just couldn't stick with it. My skin broke out from this, despite what they claim! The kabuki brush was harsh on my skin too, not soft at all. This also moved around on my face! It didn't stay put at all. Yuck!

on 6/28/2008 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a few different foundations and while never being completely happy, I finally bought into the hype and tried Bare Escentuals. I was happy at first- coverage was nice and it wore very well throughout the day. After a couple of weeks, I started to break out. This was by far the worst reaction I've ever had to a new product- large, cystic acne bumps on my chin and forehead. After reading more reviews, it seems that I had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients.

It's nice that the starter kit includes the brushes, but they are cheap. Soft, but cheap.

Mineral Veil is actually nice, I like it better than any other pressed or loose powder I've tried; too bad I won't use it anymore after this breakout =(

The packaging is terrible for anyone who travels. The powder accumulates in the container and spills out everywhere. Totally annoying.

Here I thought I was doing something better for my skin- these products are marketed as being great for your skin "you can even sleep in it!" Its a shame they would use an ingredient that so many people seem to react to.

on 6/19/2008 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have used BE for a couple of years using the primer,mineral veil, blush, shadows, i aquired a lot in two yrs. I do love this line a lot but it is just sooooo messy, and expensive i even found the powder in my tile grout, & the lamps above my bathroom vanity, that powder goes everywhere. i spent a lot of extra time cleaning after I had applied ( so i thought) not to mention all over my top, i do I think Leslie had better come up with a better idea of this foundation & mineral veil or she will loose a lot of customers. I gave all the foundation I had to my daughter. If she comes up with a better way of appling i will go back I am now going to try DR. Dense foundation, I hope I like it.

on 6/2/2008 5:42:00 PM

This is an absolute ripoff. The containers are so small , and the product is expensive. I would suggest anyone who insists on mineral makeup buy Cover Girl or Maybelline. They both now have mineral makup, and I believe that Revlon does now. Save your money!

on 6/2/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Having tried this after laser treatment to wear in place of makeup I thought "hmm this aint a bad quick fix coverup so I can avoid pawing my face through London and get a quick touch up".

Was recommended the wrong shade-too ashy!!!! I figured never mind it will do in the winter and days at home when I want to resemble some level of normality when answering the door for the postman.

If youre cack handed forget it. Going for a quick touch up means unless you like beige carpet you have to hover over the sink meaning its messy and wasteful. Having dropped in the sink once the lid shattered. Not good packaging. Oh and dont get caught out in the rain unless you like the I have absolutely no makeup look.

on 5/23/2008 7:31:00 AM

Just recently bought the starter kit, and so far it's been working pretty well. The only thing is that it's slightly more sheer than i would like. I still have to use concealer on certain spots of my face, but other then that it works well. Gives smooth look to my face.

on 5/6/2008 6:47:00 PM

I'm a BE newbie and went all out. I think the foundation is great and provides excellent coverage, but...(there's always a but isn't there?), I find that when using it on my nose it doesn't cover the pores there at all. If anything, it makes them 10x worse and makes the top of my nose look like the sifter that the foundation comes out of. Interestingly enough, they don't look anything like that before I put the foundation on. Strange...not to mention very unattractive. Luckily I have found a solution. After buffing on the BE, I use the Perfekt cream only on my nose, or just a tiny tiny dab of regular foundation (Calvin Klein's Oil Free is incredible by the way). This keeps everything uniform and flawless. So in case anyone else out there has the same problem...this solution works! :)