April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having tried this after laser treatment to wear in place of makeup I thought "hmm this aint a bad quick fix coverup so I can avoid pawing my face through London and get a quick touch up".

Was recommended the wrong shade-too ashy!!!! I figured never mind it will do in the winter and days at home when I want to resemble some level of normality when answering the door for the postman.

If youre cack handed forget it. Going for a quick touch up means unless you like beige carpet you have to hover over the sink meaning its messy and wasteful. Having dropped in the sink once the lid shattered. Not good packaging. Oh and dont get caught out in the rain unless you like the I have absolutely no makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by benndy

Just recently bought the starter kit, and so far it's been working pretty well. The only thing is that it's slightly more sheer than i would like. I still have to use concealer on certain spots of my face, but other then that it works well. Gives smooth look to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by hillary0902

I'm a BE newbie and went all out. I think the foundation is great and provides excellent coverage, but...(there's always a but isn't there?), I find that when using it on my nose it doesn't cover the pores there at all. If anything, it makes them 10x worse and makes the top of my nose look like the sifter that the foundation comes out of. Interestingly enough, they don't look anything like that before I put the foundation on. Strange...not to mention very unattractive. Luckily I have found a solution. After buffing on the BE, I use the Perfekt cream only on my nose, or just a tiny tiny dab of regular foundation (Calvin Klein's Oil Free is incredible by the way). This keeps everything uniform and flawless. So in case anyone else out there has the same problem...this solution works! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jennyclear

This is crap! It doesn't even look like you put make up on. Not that oh good natural looking thing, its like basically powder that doesn't apply to your face. I mean maybe for 10 min but it disappears quick like a cheetah! It made my face itch, its horrible, it doesn't work at all, they are so full of it! I wouldn't waste my time on this I discovered a much better one and I will never go back to this make up!

Seriously if anything its better to wear if you have a liquid foudation on and your skin isn't sensitive.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by urbanmonk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the medium starter kit from Sephora. I currently use Neutrogena MIneral Sheers, but wanted to see whether I would like Bare Minerals better. I'm using Bare Minerals in the medium beige color-- so far, I think I like this better than Neutrogena, although the difference is a bit subtle. BE is a little less sheer and seems to have a bit more 'sticking' power. It also seems to give more of a natural glow to my skin.

update: Back to the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers. I prefer lighter coverage. The BE felt a little muddy by then end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by elvishlei

Just bought it, and i am really satisfied. It blends great on the skin, no outbreaks at all. Really amazing and definitely recommend it..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tahkie08

I DONT KNOW WHAT ALL THE COMPLAINTS ARE ABOUT, BUT I HAVE A INDIAN TONE FACE, AND I USED TO USE FASHION FAIR WHICH WAS THE ONLY BRAND I COULD FIND TO MATCH MY TONE; IT WAS CHEAP WHICH WAS GOOD, BUT TOO THICK. I HAPPEND TO BE IN MALL ONE DAY AND THOUGHT I'D GIVE IT A TRY. THE REP'S WERE SO NICE, I FELT LIKE A QUEEN. AFTER THE REP APPLIED THE PRODUCTS AND EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS, I SAW A NEW ME, AND FELL IN LOVE! ITS NOT HEAVY, EASY TO APPLY AND IT REALLY DOAS COVER MARKS. IT DOESNT ITCH; LAST TILL I TAKE IT OFF, EVEN THE LIP GLOSS! WHEN I LEFT THE STORE, I GOT SO MANY COMPLIMENTS! I WAS ASKED WHAT KIND OF FACIAL CLEANSER DO I USE; THEY COULD'NT TELL IT WAS MAKE UP! ONE DOWNFALL IS ITS EXPENSIVE. I SPENT OVER 160.00 BUT IT WILL LAST FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD, SO I FIGUIRED ITS WORTH IT. FOR ALL MY MED-DARK TONE SISTA'S...YES IT WORKS! TREAT YOURSELF, YOU DESERVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2008 8:37:00 AM More reviews by bluebird615

I've used this product off and on for about 3 years now. I go to it once in a while, but it's too hard to get this to work for me. I like that it doesn't break me out and helps keep my skin fairly clear. The problem is that my skin has to be completely moisturized and flake free. Any dryness shows up and it can get cakey in places like under my eyes (I need to find a good eye cream!). The last time I used this I had to wash and exfoliate my face and I used a moisture mask! It looked pretty good, but then it looked like crap under my eyes. This is too high maintenance for me and so I think I've mostly given up on this! I have a lot of this left and will continue to use it once in a while, but I doubt I will ever use it on a daily basis. I haven't tried any other mineral foundations, but I might in the future to see if there is anything better. Until then I will stick w/my liquid foundation (makeupforever) which is actually working pretty good on my skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lilchibi

i gave this a good review at first but now is a totally different story my skin started breaking out and it became extremely dry, the foundation looks bad on my skin and some days it won't even match.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by luigiforgione

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I puchased my first kit 4 years ago. I have to tell you I had purchased all kinds of make up and foundation from every maker there is. This is the best I had ever use, being a man I do not want people to be able to tell that I am wearing anyting on my face. This product makes me look like a million dollars and nobody can tell that I have make up on my face. It is the best. I am also into organic food and all natural stuff now, Bare mineral is just that minerals, so I am very happy with it and yes I will be their loyal customer for ever.