October 2, 2014 | 983 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this after hearing all the good reviews. Apparently makeup artistes like it very much. Unfortunately it broke out my sensitive skin. I have only used it for a week and now will just use it on the arms for its SPF function.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I apply this primer after my moisturiser but before applying my tinted moisturiser and concealer. My skin is quite flaky and I often find that lines are accentuated as I apply makeup but this product softens any lines on my forehead and around my mouth making them less obvious.

This primer will successfully set your makeup for the day and will stop it sliding. However after applying my makeup I still have to set my face using some powder - although the primer stops some of the oiliness from my moisturiser I do still get some shine on the T-zone.

The SPF 50 is the main reason I chose this primer over others as it enhances the sun protection my moisturiser gives me. I only wish MAC did a SPF primer for the eye area as well!

As has been said previously, the rigid bottle makes it difficult to dispense this product as it starts to run out and at £21 for 30ml it is rather pricey.
Overall though I would say that this is a good product. It delivers by creating an excellent canvas on which to apply your makeup and gives it staying power. When I use this everyone comments on how lovely my skin looks.
--------------------------------
UPDATE - I have now been using this product for a number of weeks and have noticed it is drying my skin out. I have switched to using Avon magix face perfector SPF20 and am finding that product seems to work much better for me as I do not require to use any powder (due to it eliminating shine completely) and most importantly it does not seem to dry my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I was a bit skeptical about the spf 50 of this primer, but after some research i found out it is actualy full spectrum spf (UVA/UVB). Basically I use my moisturizer.. my spf 60 sunscreen, and then this overtop.

REVIEW:
I really like this primer. I find it takes 5-10 mins for it to "soak" in.. but once it does, it totally cuts the grease of the sunscreen i previously apply (I am super pale.. burn EXTREMLEY easily). It is a thick consistency, but it really does apply nice. Make sure to shake well so it doesnt come out separated. I find this controls oil really well, and it also prolongs the life of my makeup and reduces the oxidation of it too! Really really like this.

PACKAGING:
Ok, yes the packaging sucks. I would prefer a pump over a squeezy tube. Actually, this tube is not very sqeezy at all.. its hard plastic and makes it difficult to squeeze out proper amounts of product. I find it works ok when i have a new bottle... but when i start getting low its hard to get product out. I ended up cutting open my bottle and putting it into a better container. Works very well

A little expensive but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by amandasmakeupmadness

Not only does this primer protect your skin against the harsh sun rays. It also, keeps your foundation on all day long. Best primer I have used so far. For swatches and picture/videos of this product and more please visit my blog and youtube!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by pinksaburke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have dry skin and apply before I put on my foundation. It makes my skin soft and it has a nice smell to it. The bonus is that it has SPF 50 in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This controls my combo skin! I shake it vigirously before hand because if not you get liquid with your primer which I believe is the sunscreen but still. It is a super tiny bottle though for the price! Is it worth it? OF COURSE! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by tn08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works wonders on my skin.
With this, i barely have to blot my face throughout the entire day and it keeps my foundation from wearing out. The worst thing i'd have to say about this is the packaging and price. There isn't much control on the amount of product squeezed out of the tube and every time there's some liquid that comes out of it as well...idk if i'm supposed to shake it beforehand? And it is pretty pricey for such little product, but nonetheless, it is so worth it !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I got this product hoping it'd be great for the SPF 50. Unfortunately it broke the crap out of my face on 3 different occasions where I tried it. I eventually returned it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So my skin is a mess. I have a greasy tzone, enlarged pores on each side of my face and my skin just isn't even. I tried UD primer first but it didn't make a difference. Prep and Prime gives my face the foundation it needs to make me look good. One day I decided to use my UD face primer instead and my face didn't look as good. My make up was right but there was just something missing. So this is HG for ne now. The only thing that sucks is the packaging. You can't see when you are getting low. Other than that this is some good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this primer 2 weeks ago from Dubai international airport and was really eager to try it coz as time goes by i've realised that my pores seem to be larger and the first signs of aging starting to crop up not to mention my skin gets really shiny these days.

Anyway, prep and prime spf 50 did not break me out, it keeps my makeup on for at least 8-9 hours and keeps the oil at bay for about 3 hours after which i need to blot with my palladio blotting paper once or twice in the day. ( i use Mac studio fix foundation powder over it)

I have to say, this is my first primer and am pretty pleased with it.