Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Decided to buy this instead of my usual product as that was too greasy and was making me break out.

I went to the counter and looked at the 40 & this the 25 spf - they are different shades (the 40 made me look like the undead) so make sure you try both...

On using it at home, after moisturising it goes on ok, and doesn't seem to 'sit' on the skin like some face creams and lotions or make it feel greasy. also seems to work well as a base for make up with my foundation or tinted moisturiser lasting longer than usual...

Not been using this for ages but so far no sign of a break out...

on 5/29/2010 12:04:00 PM

I've been using Clinique products for years and love them, but this one has to be the worst lotion I've ever had.
I bought it, opened it, pressed the tube and had a huge amount of watery substance in my hand - the phase separation had started.
When I returned it to the shop, the shop assistant told me this was perfectly normal for this product. I should just shake it before use. I was so shocked I left. I tried it again at home and got the same result. I returned it and finally got a new tube.

This one is slightly better, but I'm still not satisfied. When I put it on it's likely to leave strange streaks and those little balls that come off. The colour responsible for the tint won't sink in and leaves a mess on everything that comes in contact with my face throughout the day, both fabric and my hands.

Now I use regular lotion first before applying the sunscreen, this helps with the streaks. About twenty minutes later I use a tissue to remove the tint. Since I don't use it for sunbathing I think it's okay.

But I definitly won't rebuy it.

on 5/20/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say this is the first product with spf in it that I like, it doesn't make me break out, doesn't smell bad.
BUT, it is really hard to spread, even though I always apply a moisturizer. So I feel that I am using more of the product than I should be using ( also thanks to the fact that it dries up really quickly)
One con is that it does make my face oily as the day progresses, but since I have very oily skin, I know i shouldn't expect a product to keep that at bay.
Overall, I like it, and I will be buying it again, hough this might not be HG.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this does accentuate your pores, big time. I have some big pores in my cheek area due to acne, and they are very visible (extreme!!) when I wear this. I'm going to look for a pore minimizer :)

on 5/17/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been looking for a good primer forever. And the fact that it has sunscreen is even better! Just wish it didn't leave a white tint to your face.

on 5/15/2010 6:11:00 PM

Doesn't smell bad, really good sun protection, good texture (not sticky/greasy), doesn't leave your face a funny colour!

Best facial sunscreen by far, and I'm quite particular when it comes to suncream....especially on my face. No doubt buy this again, not even going to bother trying anything else

on 5/6/2010 2:15:00 PM

One of my favorite primers/sunscreens.
It spreads easily and is moisturizing. When you first put it on it would look oily in the mirror, but it absorbs really quickly. Doesn't break me out. I would say it's a bit too sheer, since it only evens out my skin tone just a bit so I still have to wear foundation over it, but I still like it a lot. On days when I only feel like wearing sunscreen, I wear my Shiseido White Lucent(not available in the US) one instead of this, which has mover coverage.

EDIT: I'm editing this because as I get older, I cannot layer a foundation/powder over this without it looking too cakey. But it is excellent on it's own for casual days or beach. Or mix it with liquid foundation to add a little color.

This is not discontinued? Not sure why it is marked as such.

I've been using this product for quite awhile and really like it. It works perfectly well on it's own an it's an excellent primer too, you don't need an extra primer on top of this.

The combo works well for right now and all I'll really need for a casual day out for face. But my concealer and powder go over it well when I need a more polished look. Love the physical sunscreen and the tube lasts for quite a while for me. I've also used it mixed with a little liquid foundation to make my own spf tinted moisturizer too.

This is the only sunblock I actually enjoy applying to my face! It's not heavy at all! It's goes on light and it's even tinted to avoid that whitish cast sunscreen tends to leave behind. No breakouts from it either! My HG facial sunscreen!

on 4/17/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

bought last year and used it only for 2 weeks...got small irritating pimples from it :(

on 4/17/2010 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Am on my third tube of this, so it must be good, LOL!
It's pricey for the amount you get, but then so is any serious sunscreen. I like the fact that it has a tint to it - am pale enough that it's neither too white nor too tan for my skintone. It does leave my skin rather shiny though, and once it has sunk in, the tint effect has gone, so I still need foundation or powder over the top. I do have to wait until it's dried before adding anything else (I tend to put the Clinique on first, drive to work, then use compact powder once I've parked up).
Not enthralled by the smell, but it goes quickly enough.
I'd definitely recommend as a product with a high SPF and as a decent enough face base before makeup.