Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 6/24/2010 10:17:00 PM

I've been using Real Purity for years and I added this to my skin care regimen about a year ago and I really like it. I keep a bottle in the shower and use it every morning rather than evening as it is a cleanser and exfoliator but not really a makeup remover. It is very gentle and "wakes up" my skin before applying moisturizer and makeup and gives me a nice, smooth surface to work with. The product density is good, so a quarter sized amount in my palm is enough to do my face as well as my chest and shoulders - they need good skincare, too!

on 6/22/2010 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this, I use it every morning with my Clarisonic after washing with purity and it helps clear up blemishes and creates a nice smooth surface for applying make-up. It has helped a TON with black heads too and has helped me control my oily zones. My only complaint is that for some reason the pump doesn't work any longer. I buy the HUGE SUPERSIZED versions of this and purity.

on 6/20/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product is ideal for daily use on my skin. Until I found this product, I used microdermabrasion products daily. I think this is better!

on 6/19/2010 5:28:00 PM

I love this product! It exfoliates, but it gentle enough to be used everyday. I've notice a lot less whiteheads forming around my nose and I've been using it for a week and a half only. I don't know if on the long run, it will help me get rid of some blackheads, but for now, it doesn't make my skin all dry and flaky.

I like the fact that it isn't drying like more exfoliant. Usually, after I've dried my face, exfoliants will make my skin feel all tight and dry, but not this one. I use this with my cetaphil lotion and it works great for now :)

Even though it's a bit pricey (I bought the small format), I feel like it can last quite a while because you don't need that much product (it doesn't foam much) to make your skin feel squiky clean.

on 6/18/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have been using this product for 4 months. I really like it. The granuales are not too rough, they are just right IMO. I use this for 3 nights and they I use the purity creamy cleanser for the other 4 nights. I really love philosphy products. I am always looking for something better but I am starting to break this habit and stick with what works best.

I have nevery broke out from this product. I will say that I have normal/dry skin. I don't have acne prone skin.

on 6/18/2010 12:24:00 AM

Left dissappointed. It didnt seem to make a huge difference. I prefer my ST IVES APRICOT SCRUB (cheap & works well).

on 5/27/2010 6:57:00 PM

Works well for oily skin, feels good and seems to improve skin and keep it looking fresh in between more intensive scrubs (like microdelivery scrub) that I use less frequently.

The smell of it is a little weird, almost like a faintly rancid oil smell, which I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to smell or if it gets that way after being opened?

on 5/24/2010 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Tried the packet samples before but wasn't impressed because it was SO gentle. Then, I got a small bottle as a part of a Philosophy travel kit and began to use it a little more consistently. I use retinA micro sometimes so, despite my best moisturizing efforts, my skin can get a little dry and flakey. I now love the gentleness of this cleanser and find that with repeated uses still does not irritate my peeling skin and gradually evens it out for proper absorbing of moisturizer afterwards. I have just recently purchased a big size bottle.

on 5/21/2010 9:25:00 PM

This is great! It says that it's gentle enough for daily use, but I believe that people exfoliate way too often! Though it is BY FAR the most gentle exfoliating wash I've ever seen/used, it would irritate my skin if I used something even slightly abrasive every day - my skin is super sensitive.
I use this stuff twice a week and I am always amazed at how soft and smooth my face feels after! I almost can't wait until exfoliation day because I know it's going to feel and look amazing.
The beads are super super tiny and not rough at all, and it makes your skin absolutely glow.
I don't think they should suggest that people exfoliate every day because I think it's unnecessary and probably not good for your skin, but I think it's a wonderful product and I love to use it! I'll be a life-long user! :)

on 5/15/2010 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very gentle and effective scrubby cleanser. My skin handles it just fine, even with every day use. Doesn't strip/dry out my skin at all and a bottle will last you ages because you don't need much at a time. Not my favorite in the world, but definitely on my list of cleansers I like a lot.