October 1, 2014 | 1322 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I haven't bought this simply because it wayy too expensive for me...but I did get a sample of it from another swap and I'm so glad that she included it because this stuff is amazing. It's very gentle on your skin and you don't have to use much more than a spot the size of a nickel. That much covers my whole face and gets the job done. My skin feels so soft after I use it for the rest of the night and part of the next day. Now the smell....on the other hand...is not pleasant at all. That could be one thing that Philosophy should work on for this product, but I can't really smell it whenever I'm massaging it on my face. Overall, it is a great product and I would buy it....IF I ever had that much money to spend on facial products, lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I bought this, along with Philosophy's Purity cleanser. I have combination & sensitive skin, and I thought this would work really well for me because the beads were so small, though it would be gentle. The wash did feel very gentle on my skin, but there was nothing extremely special about it. I did start to breakout really badly after using this, and Purity. At first I stopped using The Microdelivery, thinking that was the cause but the breakouts continued. I decided to return this, along with Purity because my skin was just so horrible I needed to try something completely fresh.

I can see why some people love this product, it does feel very gentle, however it just didn't work out for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by butterflyfairy

I love this product! I have very sensitive, acne-prone, and oily-combo skin that is picky about everything. This face wash is very gentle and has a light, non-offensive smell. I've been using this every morning for about 5 months now, and truly believe it has helped with the condition of my skin- fewer break outs, smoother and super soft skin. I've tried many exfoliators before from a variety of brands, but none have been as effective for me as this one. I started using this face wash during the winter when my cheeks were very dry and flaky. Even with layers of my usual moisturizers, the dryness and flakiness would be apparent. After I added this face wash to my regiment, the flakes were less noticeable, and it seemed that my skin was able to absorb the moisturizers better. Furthermore, my makeup looks better now that I have a smoother canvas to work on. While I find this product to be on the expensive side, it does last a long time (I seem to be using it up at a rate of 1oz/month), and the results make it worth it. So yes, definitely will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

The best exfoliant I have used so far - even better than my old favorite Bliss scrub. Gentle, but effective. I don't like the scent as much as others, but who cares when it works so well. The lid gets clogged and so I have to screw off the top to get to the product, which I'm fine with since I use it at the sink. I try to remember to use it 2-3 times a week and I can really tell the difference in the texture of my skin when I forget and go for awhile without using. It's also great as a body scrub for the bumpy skin on my arms.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. My skin can break-out if I use harsh exfoliants but the microdelivery wash is very gentle and I can use it almost every day with no breakouts. I notice if I don't use this on a regular basis I get build up of skin cells and my face is not as smooth. It is pretty expensive. The smell of the product to me is light and not offensive.

***side note to product reviewers: I notice a lot of people coming on here after they have used a product once or twice or saying they changed their entire regimen all at once. Then they post a review and diss the product after one use. Try changing one thing at time. Use the product for a few weeks and then come and do a review. I don't know why, but it gets under my skin when someone reviews a product they used one time. ;-P

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this every morning as my face wash for about 6 months. It is lovely stuff. The exfoliating beads are microscopic, but you can really feel the grit when you use it on your face. I believe gentle exfoliation is important to have in your skin care regime, and this fits the bill. It cleansed my face in the morning, and I feel like it is the perfect exfoliator, creating a clean, smooth base for my make up in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I feel bad lowering the rating on this product, but I just didn't find it to be anything special. I would suggest that people try it to see how it works out for them. I think my complaints are just a personal preference thing.

It has a very watery consistency so I waste a lot of product because it just falls off my hands while I am in the shower. I cant use this product at the sink because it is just too watery and messy. The cap also gets clogged very easily, so if you aren't paying attention you will waste even more when the clog comes lose. I also dislike the smell.

On the positive side, it has a ton of scrubbing grains. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea and this has not irritated my skin any of the times I have used it. It does seem to do a pretty good job at exfoliating, but so do most of the other manual scrubs like this. The price is really good if you can be careful to make sure you don't waste the product like I do. I guess I am just always in a hurry because I am normally running late when I am in the shower!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I find if, for some reason, I haven't used it in a couple days I can really feel the difference in my skin. My only complaint is how the cap gets clogged up sometimes, but really not a huge issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ppw16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I like anything that saves time, and this is great in the morning for cleansing and exfoliating all at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by bex487

I recently bought this because I'm suffering from the worst dry skin of my life. I wanted an exfoliant I could use daily. I use this every morning in the shower, and it's excellent! Gentle enough for daily use with my very sensitive skin, and I don't mind the smell at all. The exfoliating beads are really small but effective. It is very pricey, but a tiny bit goes a long way. I'll definitely buy again.