Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/22/2010 12:13:00 PM

I always stayed away from liquid foundations, until I found this one. Good color selection (although I think I really fall between F0 and F1 but they both work) and great coverage. Just a little does the job and I don't have to set with a light loose powder if I don't want to. Doesn't call attention to lines or wrinkles.

on 3/21/2010 4:20:00 PM

I've bought this foundation at least 3 times in the past. Because I'm part German, part Filipino, it's hard for me to find foundation that matches my mixed skin tone. Smashbox delivers with their color range (I use M2 in the winder and M3 in the summer). It gives light coverage, but is very easy to build up. I use this when I'm not going to be out for the whole day because it gives an oily, "dewy" look a few hours after applying. Setting with powder and using a primer gives it more lasting power, but it has never exceeded more than 6 hours with me. If you're going dancing or partying, this will not be the foundation of choice.

on 3/20/2010 10:51:00 PM

I just recently started using a liquid/cream foundation and I started off with clinique and found it to be way to heavy and thick for my skin, so I took a trip to sephora and randomly fell upon smashbox foundation. I absolutely love this foundation, its light but covers so nice once teamed up with concealer and finishing powered is lovely, so great!

on 3/20/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I decided to try smashbox's foundations since they have a good color range for medium/dark skinned girls. The colors have the right amount of yellow in it. I'm an NC44 and I wear Medium4. The color match was spot on - best on I've ever had.
Pros:
Smooth application (primer like feeling)
Looks good in photos
Looks natural
Lovely packaging

Cons:
You need at least two pumps
I've had it for two months and it's only 50% left :O

Application: I usually apply one pump with my fingers and the second one with my MAC 187 stippling brush.

Update: This foundation broke me out! After a little time of use, my skin became bad. For those of you who don't react to all the junk in this fdnt: congratulations! Still fab though, just broke me out in a small area.

on 3/15/2010 8:44:00 AM

This is my everyday goudation I use it w the light photofinish cause I have oily tzone it seems to go on really light but has buildable coverage I like how it looks really natural it's a great liquid foundation to use for the summer tx heat my only prob w this is that their colors look a lil darker than what they really are so get someone to help u out w the color match . Other than that it's good ;)I had tried the MUFE HD n hated it this is way better n it really does what it says ;)

on 3/14/2010 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It does what it says. Gives your skin a shimmer with light coverage. Does feel greasy going on (those pesky silicones!) and needs a lot of blending. On the plus side looks good (especially in pictures) and lasts most of the day.

on 3/8/2010 3:39:00 AM

I recently bought this and so far I love it. It looks really nice with my Photo Finish Light primer.

It goes on very evenly. It has buildable coverage and hides the little veins along my jawline. I use a very slightly dampened sponge to put it on and I have no problem with streaking. It looks a lot better once it has a chance to set for around 10-15 minutes. It looks nice and soft and makes my skin look very healthy. I also don't have that orange line across my jawline.

My only complaint is that it sometimes isn't enough to cover zits. Perhaps a different concealer will solve that little problem.

Edit: I have decided that I don't love this foundation, I've bought it three times I think, and I'm still not happy. I have had it about a year. The coverage is a bit too light, and has been getting a bit orangey looking. I think I can find something better for the price.

My t-zone and along my cheeks have been getting slowly more oily. I have to apply CG translucent powder over it a couple of times a day, which isn't a huge deal. If I go out to a club, which isn't that often, it ends up being shiny no matter what I do. I guess some would call it dewey, but it's too much for me. I'm going to continue my search for something I love.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this more then MUFE's HD foundation. It gives decent coverage and feels light on the skin. I always use a finishing powder to set it and it lasts all day.

on 3/4/2010 1:44:00 AM

i was really disappointed when i used this foundation. i wish i got a sample before buying the whole thing. my best friend uses this and she really likes it. i dont. it looked good at first, but after having it on for a couple of hours it started to look a little orange and wasnt staying on very well. not attractive at all. it also looked very oily and i have normal to dry skin. liquid foundations frustrate me because no matter how thin the foundation is it always looks cakey and unnatural on my skin. this was a perfect example of that happening. i was going to return it but i couldnt find the reciept so unfortunately its just sitting in my drawer taking up space. not a good foundation for me at all.

on 3/3/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely dreadful. I am shiny and oily within 20 minutes of applying this. There is little to no coverage and it turns orange very quickly. This is all very odd because I do not have oily skin. Would never buy this again.