October 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lovelys1391

I just recently started using a liquid/cream foundation and I started off with clinique and found it to be way to heavy and thick for my skin, so I took a trip to sephora and randomly fell upon smashbox foundation. I absolutely love this foundation, its light but covers so nice once teamed up with concealer and finishing powered is lovely, so great!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try smashbox's foundations since they have a good color range for medium/dark skinned girls. The colors have the right amount of yellow in it. I'm an NC44 and I wear Medium4. The color match was spot on - best on I've ever had.
Pros:
Smooth application (primer like feeling)
Looks good in photos
Looks natural
Lovely packaging

Cons:
You need at least two pumps
I've had it for two months and it's only 50% left :O

Application: I usually apply one pump with my fingers and the second one with my MAC 187 stippling brush.

Update: This foundation broke me out! After a little time of use, my skin became bad. For those of you who don't react to all the junk in this fdnt: congratulations! Still fab though, just broke me out in a small area.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is my everyday goudation I use it w the light photofinish cause I have oily tzone it seems to go on really light but has buildable coverage I like how it looks really natural it's a great liquid foundation to use for the summer tx heat my only prob w this is that their colors look a lil darker than what they really are so get someone to help u out w the color match . Other than that it's good ;)I had tried the MUFE HD n hated it this is way better n it really does what it says ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by coco95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does what it says. Gives your skin a shimmer with light coverage. Does feel greasy going on (those pesky silicones!) and needs a lot of blending. On the plus side looks good (especially in pictures) and lasts most of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I recently bought this and so far I love it. It looks really nice with my Photo Finish Light primer.

It goes on very evenly. It has buildable coverage and hides the little veins along my jawline. I use a very slightly dampened sponge to put it on and I have no problem with streaking. It looks a lot better once it has a chance to set for around 10-15 minutes. It looks nice and soft and makes my skin look very healthy. I also don't have that orange line across my jawline.

My only complaint is that it sometimes isn't enough to cover zits. Perhaps a different concealer will solve that little problem.

Edit: I have decided that I don't love this foundation, I've bought it three times I think, and I'm still not happy. I have had it about a year. The coverage is a bit too light, and has been getting a bit orangey looking. I think I can find something better for the price.

My t-zone and along my cheeks have been getting slowly more oily. I have to apply CG translucent powder over it a couple of times a day, which isn't a huge deal. If I go out to a club, which isn't that often, it ends up being shiny no matter what I do. I guess some would call it dewey, but it's too much for me. I'm going to continue my search for something I love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this more then MUFE's HD foundation. It gives decent coverage and feels light on the skin. I always use a finishing powder to set it and it lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by briii

i was really disappointed when i used this foundation. i wish i got a sample before buying the whole thing. my best friend uses this and she really likes it. i dont. it looked good at first, but after having it on for a couple of hours it started to look a little orange and wasnt staying on very well. not attractive at all. it also looked very oily and i have normal to dry skin. liquid foundations frustrate me because no matter how thin the foundation is it always looks cakey and unnatural on my skin. this was a perfect example of that happening. i was going to return it but i couldnt find the reciept so unfortunately its just sitting in my drawer taking up space. not a good foundation for me at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is absolutely dreadful. I am shiny and oily within 20 minutes of applying this. There is little to no coverage and it turns orange very quickly. This is all very odd because I do not have oily skin. Would never buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cosy13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a few months less than a year. I like it because its not too heavy- it offers just a little more coverage than a tinted concealer which is what i want out of a foundation.
I finish with Jurlique Lavender dust and I stay pretty much shine free all day, i noticed i never reached for my compact powder at work anymore!
It hasn't broke me out at all, but when i do have a pimple i need to cover it with concealer as this isn't enough.
I'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nikamendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was definitely expecting more from this product because of its well-known brand. I've been using this for about two months now and I can't say I've grown fond of it over time. Its coverage is very sheer and hard to build up. I initially tried applying it on with a sponge or my fingers, and I know it's HD, but it looked like I absolutely had no foundation on at all. It looked better once I started using a foundation brush but it still had very little coverage. I do like that it has sun protection and the product feels very soft on my skin. It's an okay product, but it doesn't do much for me and I won't be buying this again because it's way too expensive for its quality. It's just too bad coz I bought the 30ml one and I'm going to be stuck with a product that I am not too happy about for quite a while.