Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 8/27/2009 12:07:00 AM

This brush is amazing and even better is the price. It is so soft and I use it for mineral foundation, it buffs and blends so well. I would say I like this better than any kabuki I've tried since I get better coverage with it. It cleans and dries very quickly but of course I live in a dry climate so everything does. It dries quicker than my other thick brushes, lol!

on 8/26/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is nothing i can say about this brush that someone has already said. Although i stopped using Everyday Minerals because it caused me to break out, I still use this brush to buff on my finishing powders. It gives the perfect finish and buffs on the the product smoothly and evenly (and it picks up the right amount of product). And although many people before me have raved about it already, im just going to add to the rave reviews: this brush is the softest brush that has ever touched my face (comparable to my Body Shop Kabuki and Ecotool brushes) I'm so in love with this brush I bought a second one! I never want to live without it!
Best of all, it's made of sustainable materials and contains no animal products, meaning they are cruelty free brushes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE YOU EDM FLAT TOP BRUSH!!! *kisses* If you have loose mineral foundation, you definitely have to have this brush. This brush applies mineral powder so nicely and makes you look as if you're au natural and have no foundation on :D. I would definitely buy this again! Ladies, buy it NOW! XD

on 8/12/2009 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

***EDIT i now use this to apply my revlon colorstay in place of a 187 brush - it works wonderfully and i love it! go buy one now! i am considering buying 1 or 2 more just to have some for powder and some for liquid!!**
This is a great brush. It buffs foundation perfectly for me. It buffs it INTO the skin, instead of it being a shiny mess on top of my skin. It seems to buff away any shimmer/shine in my EDM foundation. I really like it. With a light hand i can use it to apply a subtle blush, and it is even good to lightly dust finishing dust. mostly i like the finish it gives MMU, not as shiny as a regular kabuki.

It works WAY nicer than my BE kabuki, which i got in a starter pack for BE anyway so I don't mind.
EDM is very good. No foundation is perfect, but this brush sure does its bit. I like EDM more with this brush than with my BE Kabuki.

Would buy it again, am considering buying it now, but shipping to Australia does not justify it! I might wait till I have more to purchase!

on 8/12/2009 9:12:00 AM

I bought this brush after reading the rave reviews here. I needed a brush to replace my BE kabuki to apply MMU, and for only $10 this brush is a steal.. I like this brush, but cannot say that I love it. It is soft and dense, and has only shed minimally. I don't quite get the coverage I like and have to apply another application.

on 8/8/2009 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is YUMMY! I want to keep brush my face...or whatever! It is so soft...but dense. I got it along with the free sample kit, so I used it to put on the face minerals and it picked up the loose minerals beautifully!

The only thing I would improve is the length of the brush...probably by an inch. That's it!

Oh...it was only $10! Can't beat that!!

Well I use about 3-4 of these during the week if I am using MMU. I wash mine after each due as I am paranoid about breaking out (acne prone me!).

Well, yes it is $10 but if you get the super custom kit ($50) it will only be $4.16! Fantastic for application of MMU. I seriously love this brush. Would I pay $10 for it? Probably yes. I also own a lot of Ecotools brushes and while they are good they are no where near as good as this brush. Dense, soft, easy to wash with no shedding - get it you won't regret it.

I have about 2-3 new ones as back ups - I will not be without this brush for MMU.

on 8/5/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Awesome brush, it is so soft and so cheap compared to other brushes of the same or lesser quality. love EDM.

on 8/5/2009 6:17:00 AM

I saw so many rave reviews about this product that I had to get it to apply my minral makeup. I love kabuki brushes for applying, but I decided to try this flat top. When I received it, I saw some of the bristles sticking out and just thought that it needed to be washed. However, everytime I wash it, I see more and more bristles popping out, just trying to come out. I hate shedding!

Application wise, this brush just does not do it for me. It makes me look cakey, drags on my face, and emphasizes pimples. Even though BE brushes are scratchy, they work a lot better than this. I would not buy this again.

on 8/4/2009 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have several of this brush. Great for applying primer powders, concealer (over large areas) and blush. The flat top makes it easier to control precise application. The synthetic bristles are dense and soft. I've washed mine, multiple times without any dye running, hairs falling out or the head getting misshapen.

I don't use it to apply my MMU foundation since coverage with this brush seems a bit heavier and I prefer the lighter layers that EM's long-handled kabuki provides.

Popular Makeup Brushes