April 18, 2014 | 1970 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daisychainsNhopscotch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

skin type + stuff: overall normal, yet can sometimes feel slightly dry. i have very minor blemishes, spots and blahh, but i do have slightly pigmented cheeks ( natural pinkness )... time for teh revieww:
i do overall love this, when it comes to powders:)
to be honest i am not totally convinced when it comes to all the hype about this product, but i have never been a face powder lover or whatever anyway.
but i must say, i do think this powder is fantastic - by far the best i have tried! it doesnt look powdery on the face, or irratate my skin, as some face powderss can feel ever so slightly itchy when first applied. i also love how it has a slight shimmer to it, which doesnt come across on the skin yet looks glowy. as you may have guessed, i dont like the matte look! it feels super light, but i must say i hardly ever wear this as i wear Bare Minerals foundation and power on top of powder...doesnt work for me, also you just dont need it - love that stuff;)
overall, if you are looking for a great powder that is light, looks natural on the skin and all that good jazz, then this is by far the product for you! i just am not a lover of face powders, phff...
hope this was helpful.x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kind of get the hype with this product, but not completely. As with any powders, it completely dries out my combination skin, leaving it tight for a couple hours, and then extremely oily when my skin decides that it needs to produce more oil to make up for the dryness. That's when I use it alone, though. Used with a light foundation, this is a great setting powder. Used with a medium or full-coverage foundation, this is a way to make yourself look like a cake face! So, I can't use this powder alone, or with my EL Double Wear, but when I am having good face days and use a lighter foundation, this is the perfect setting powder. Oh, and I'm sure that if I used a stippling brush with this, it could set my Double Wear, but I'll stick to a cheap translucent powder to make this last. After all, it's $26. You should give this product a try, though. Just about everyone seems to like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too use this on days when I am not in full face mood. It goes on smoothly and covers adequately while it does not give a heavy appearance.

it is a lovely product and works for me... I also use it over more sheer foundations in order to obtain more coverage when necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CMonster

I like to use this on days that I get lazy with liquid foundation or don't feel like putting too much on my face. The compact powder is soft in a sense that one swirl will cause lots of powdery bits to appear on the dome but I don't really mind it. I swirl once then dab the rest to get the extra. If you have acne bumbs I wouldn't suggest using it because it can make it look dried up and flakey. Although it is a semi-matte formulation it does give your face a healthy glow and I don't have to blot my t-zone as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. very natural and sheer finish--great for days when I'm in a hury and don't want to do the whole foundation thing because it doesn't require a lot of blending.
2. it is good for touch ups during the day because it doesn't deposite a lot of color so it doesn't make it look like you're pileing on makeup all day
3. I don't wear liquid foundation that much, but when I do this sets it very well
4. matches my skintone easity (I'm N3 and could prob wear the light med also if I wanted, but I like the light better)

Cons:
1. no mirror--this is werid...why no mirror? I really wish it had a mirror since I like to carry it with me and apply it during the day.
2. Is on the expensive side ($26 I think), but it is good quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed. It clogged my pores so bad and I'm breaking out worse than I have in a few months. Very sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Lizabetha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright, now mind you that I have a very oily t-zone to begin with, but I went to my MAC counter and tried it on with the kabuki my fantasticcc MUA lent me. At first, it was great! Just enough coverage, beautiful sheen, all hunky-dorry.
And then I wore it for an hour.
My skin pretty much greased up like normal, and my nose looked the exact same as if I hadn't put on makeup, plus disgusting shine.
So for those girls with oily skin, I am telling you, this isn't for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lee1989

This is the best pressed powder i have used so far. It doesn't break my skin out and it just exactly like what the product describe, very natural and provide a perfect finish for the makeup.Highly recommended.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by daturazero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Skintype: fair (nc10 or less), Oily, sensitive, acne-prone

I understand completely why so many girls call this powder their Holy Grail. I've searched for years for the perfect powder...one that provides a very natural, not wearing makeup look. Most powders tend to overexpose my pores or settle into skin imperfections. This powder, however, provided a pure, flawless finish.

I used this powder two ways: as a finishing powder and a stand-alone foundation. As a finishing powder, I was not overly impressed. Rather than setting my foundation, it only provided a nice temporary finish. (Then, promptly slid off a few hours later.) As a stand-alone foundation, however, is where this foundation really shines. It provides a good medium coverage, and is very buildable. It did not completely wash away a few acne scars, but otherwise I loved the natural finish this powder provided.

Now the bad---This powder did not agree with my skin. I'm acne prone and can very rarely use mineral foundations. I knew going in that this powder would probably not work for me, but I suppose I got pulled into the hype. And, of course, that test failed. Every time I stopped using this product, my skin would clear up. I'd reach for the powder, and the breakouts would reappear. Generally I do not have this kind of patience with any product, but I *really* wanted to keep this one. As I said before..it's really amazing if it works for your skin.

PROS
- Flawless, natural finish. (I highly recommend a quality kabuki to apply this...it makes all the difference.)
- Medium coverage.

CONS
- Can irritate sensitive skin.
- Not a great finishing powder (if that's your intent for the product).

In all, I really feel this foundation is worth a shot. Although I've had to stop using it, I know there are others out there that do not share my skin issues!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

I just wanted to review this mineralized skinfinish powder that I used off and on a couple years ago because I want *those who are acne-prone to use this with caution* cause it broke me out like crazy!! I didn't know it was the powder at first and I just happened to quit using it. When I went back to it my face blew up like a teenager again and I realized it was this powder. I looked up the ingredients and found them to be highly comedogenic.
Besides that it does look kind of heavy and powdery as other reviewers have said, and the compact is awful too (no mirror or puff).