MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

3.9

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, POLYSORBATE 20, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, LAUROYL LYSINE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL [ /- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]

I have almost used up all this product and it's just not for me. It took 18 months to hit pan though, so it lasts. It seems to emphasize my pores and looks quite chalky at first. As it wears it seems to get oily and the color warms in such a way that I would have to cover it with powder. I don't know why I kept using it-- probably a compulsion to use it up.

I ablsolutely love this powder. Its perfect on its own for for setting my foundation. I have pretty good skin now besides some old acne scars and some redness. I just use Studio finish concealer and this then BAM I get great looking skin that looks nice all day. Plus the compact will last awhile I bought it in November..its August now and some pan is showing. I use this almost daily! Will purchase.

I love this powder. It's the perfect shade, goes on light, lasts forever, and isn't quite as expensive as comparable powders. You can apply this different ways to get different amounts of coverage and it feels amazing on the skin. I put this on over most anything and it never disappoints. I apply it with a large powder brush (the sigma one) and it's perfect. Love love love!

on 8/6/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised I didn't review this before now. I have skin that leans pretty dry and I don't find that this accentuates dryness at all. With the Mineralize Cream Foundation compact, this gives me a pretty flawless look. When I use this alone, it still gives a decent finish but my freckles show through. I am a perfectionist when it comes to the texture and smoothness of my skin. Soooo...I feel like I should be able to do a little better than this for the money, but if I don't find anything better I will be buying this again.

on 8/6/2010 6:05:00 PM

I think this is perfect for me. I use this over TM on days I'm lazy. Sometimes just by itself. It's not heavy coverage by any means but it definitely evens out my skin tone and makes me feel like my skin's flawless. Even though I know it's not. This is light enough for my fair skin yet makes me look not so gravely. I've just about hit pan on this one and will re-purchase for sure.

on 7/24/2010 2:22:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product! Such a nice, natural semi-matte finish. However it broke me really bad on my cheek area and made me itchy. My face was literally showing these reactions in less than 5 hours! Even though I absolutely LOVE the finish, I'm afraid to take the risk of my face breaking out again. Returning back to the MAC

on 7/13/2010 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I lovee this powder! It's my HG powder!! I'm so pleased with it. I've been searching for a good powder forever - a powder that doesn't look cakey or powdery, and sets concealer/foundation well without it getting cakey. This powder does not look cakey or powdery AT ALL, it looks SO natural like you aren't even wearing any powder at all. And this powder is EXCELLENT for setting under eye concealer, every other powder makes my under eye area look so horrible, and accentuates my fine lines, gets extremely cakey and dry, etc. But not this powder, it sets it so well, and does not look cakey or accentuate my fine lines or anything at all! And what's great is that it also contains no parabens, unlike all the other MAC powders.

on 7/13/2010 9:45:00 AM

My friend had this and I tried it on once and it made my skin loook AMAZING (very natural and glowy) so i went out and got myself one. For some reason as I use it more and more I seem to like it less...has a tendency to sarken over the day so that i look tanner than usual (in a weird way).

it definitely offers more coverage than the MAC sheer pressed powder but i like the finish of that one much better and looks more natural on me so will not be repurchasing this

on 7/12/2010 4:21:00 PM

This is another of my makeup buys that was purchased purely on MUA reviews. Do I need another pressed powder? Heck no, I've got powders pressed, loose and mineral coming out of my ears, but you know when you think that this one maybe the one, so you have to try it.

My skin is problematic and uneven, and my aim is to go out without makeup, to be one of those women who applies her sunscreen, a touch of blush and lipgloss and she's good to go - it's a big ask, especially as I have pores which are noticeable and if I matte them too much it makes them more obvious, but if I don't matte a bit, then I am greasy greasy oily.

So for me, I apply my foundation/TM of choice, and MSFN and that is it, and it really really is, I can touch up midday if I want, but it really isn't necessary. Take today, apply at 6.45am, no time to touch up, next time I look in the mirror I am home and it is 5.00pm and my skin looks flawless, it's a blimmin' miracle.

The shade light is light enough for my skin - no tide mark with my milk bottle neck, but golden enough (if that makes sense) for my skin not to look dead.

I use one of my many kabuki/buffer brushes depending on the finish I want, ie Smashbox#19 for lighter touch, NARS#19 for heavier coverage.
I would love a mirror in the lid.
I keep the plastic protection dome to limit damage.
18 in UK, this lasts and lasts.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am very pale, NW 15 in mac and this matches my skin well even if it is a tiny bit too yellow. I bought this to set my foundation. i have combination skin. my face somehow manages to be flaky and dry in the morning,and an oil slick by late afternoon. I tried this on top of my liquid foundation and was not happy with the results. My face looked dull and quite cakey.So this powder was pushed to the back of my makeup drawer for weeks. i read reviews saying that this can be used as a foundation. i dint think that it would work as it is so sheer. But this all depends on the application. With a dense kabuki brush (i use the ecotools retractable) i get a non-cakey, semi-matte finish that covers relativley well.It doesnt emphasize flakies with a good moisurzer(as with any powder i have used). I am impressed,and will probobly purchase again.