August 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

My friend had this and I tried it on once and it made my skin loook AMAZING (very natural and glowy) so i went out and got myself one. For some reason as I use it more and more I seem to like it less...has a tendency to sarken over the day so that i look tanner than usual (in a weird way).

it definitely offers more coverage than the MAC sheer pressed powder but i like the finish of that one much better and looks more natural on me so will not be repurchasing this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by JanM

This is another of my makeup buys that was purchased purely on MUA reviews. Do I need another pressed powder? Heck no, I've got powders pressed, loose and mineral coming out of my ears, but you know when you think that this one maybe the one, so you have to try it.

My skin is problematic and uneven, and my aim is to go out without makeup, to be one of those women who applies her sunscreen, a touch of blush and lipgloss and she's good to go - it's a big ask, especially as I have pores which are noticeable and if I matte them too much it makes them more obvious, but if I don't matte a bit, then I am greasy greasy oily.

So for me, I apply my foundation/TM of choice, and MSFN and that is it, and it really really is, I can touch up midday if I want, but it really isn't necessary. Take today, apply at 6.45am, no time to touch up, next time I look in the mirror I am home and it is 5.00pm and my skin looks flawless, it's a blimmin' miracle.

The shade light is light enough for my skin - no tide mark with my milk bottle neck, but golden enough (if that makes sense) for my skin not to look dead.

I use one of my many kabuki/buffer brushes depending on the finish I want, ie Smashbox#19 for lighter touch, NARS#19 for heavier coverage.
I would love a mirror in the lid.
I keep the plastic protection dome to limit damage.
18 in UK, this lasts and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale, NW 15 in mac and this matches my skin well even if it is a tiny bit too yellow. I bought this to set my foundation. i have combination skin. my face somehow manages to be flaky and dry in the morning,and an oil slick by late afternoon. I tried this on top of my liquid foundation and was not happy with the results. My face looked dull and quite cakey.So this powder was pushed to the back of my makeup drawer for weeks. i read reviews saying that this can be used as a foundation. i dint think that it would work as it is so sheer. But this all depends on the application. With a dense kabuki brush (i use the ecotools retractable) i get a non-cakey, semi-matte finish that covers relativley well.It doesnt emphasize flakies with a good moisurzer(as with any powder i have used). I am impressed,and will probobly purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i use this as an everyday powder with concealer underneath and it gives sheer coverage. it definitely doesn't cover some of the acne scars that i have. it is really light and feels nice on, and it gives the look of even skin but not looking heavily made up.
if you have dry skin or tend to have a few dry spots, this can really cling on to the dry areas and make them look really flakey, so you have you be sure to be moisturized.
i am an nc20, and light looks really white on my skin, so be aware.
for an everyday powder and for the price, i wouldn't repurchase.
However, it looks amazing when I use it to set my clinique even better foundation in ivory. The foundation is a tad pink for my skin, and the msf natural makes it the perfect color for me, as well as giving an airbrushed finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daisychainsNhopscotch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

skin type + stuff: overall normal, yet can sometimes feel slightly dry. i have very minor blemishes, spots and blahh, but i do have slightly pigmented cheeks ( natural pinkness )... time for teh revieww:
i do overall love this, when it comes to powders:)
to be honest i am not totally convinced when it comes to all the hype about this product, but i have never been a face powder lover or whatever anyway.
but i must say, i do think this powder is fantastic - by far the best i have tried! it doesnt look powdery on the face, or irratate my skin, as some face powderss can feel ever so slightly itchy when first applied. i also love how it has a slight shimmer to it, which doesnt come across on the skin yet looks glowy. as you may have guessed, i dont like the matte look! it feels super light, but i must say i hardly ever wear this as i wear Bare Minerals foundation and power on top of powder...doesnt work for me, also you just dont need it - love that stuff;)
overall, if you are looking for a great powder that is light, looks natural on the skin and all that good jazz, then this is by far the product for you! i just am not a lover of face powders, phff...
hope this was helpful.x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kind of get the hype with this product, but not completely. As with any powders, it completely dries out my combination skin, leaving it tight for a couple hours, and then extremely oily when my skin decides that it needs to produce more oil to make up for the dryness. That's when I use it alone, though. Used with a light foundation, this is a great setting powder. Used with a medium or full-coverage foundation, this is a way to make yourself look like a cake face! So, I can't use this powder alone, or with my EL Double Wear, but when I am having good face days and use a lighter foundation, this is the perfect setting powder. Oh, and I'm sure that if I used a stippling brush with this, it could set my Double Wear, but I'll stick to a cheap translucent powder to make this last. After all, it's $26. You should give this product a try, though. Just about everyone seems to like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too use this on days when I am not in full face mood. It goes on smoothly and covers adequately while it does not give a heavy appearance.

it is a lovely product and works for me... I also use it over more sheer foundations in order to obtain more coverage when necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CMonster

I like to use this on days that I get lazy with liquid foundation or don't feel like putting too much on my face. The compact powder is soft in a sense that one swirl will cause lots of powdery bits to appear on the dome but I don't really mind it. I swirl once then dab the rest to get the extra. If you have acne bumbs I wouldn't suggest using it because it can make it look dried up and flakey. Although it is a semi-matte formulation it does give your face a healthy glow and I don't have to blot my t-zone as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. very natural and sheer finish--great for days when I'm in a hury and don't want to do the whole foundation thing because it doesn't require a lot of blending.
2. it is good for touch ups during the day because it doesn't deposite a lot of color so it doesn't make it look like you're pileing on makeup all day
3. I don't wear liquid foundation that much, but when I do this sets it very well
4. matches my skintone easity (I'm N3 and could prob wear the light med also if I wanted, but I like the light better)

Cons:
1. no mirror--this is werid...why no mirror? I really wish it had a mirror since I like to carry it with me and apply it during the day.
2. Is on the expensive side ($26 I think), but it is good quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by fragilesong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm very disappointed. It clogged my pores so bad and I'm breaking out worse than I have in a few months. Very sad.