December 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

I think this is perfect for me. I use this over TM on days I'm lazy. Sometimes just by itself. It's not heavy coverage by any means but it definitely evens out my skin tone and makes me feel like my skin's flawless. Even though I know it's not. This is light enough for my fair skin yet makes me look not so gravely. I've just about hit pan on this one and will re-purchase for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by BarbieGlamm

I really wanted to love this product! Such a nice, natural semi-matte finish. However it broke me really bad on my cheek area and made me itchy. My face was literally showing these reactions in less than 5 hours! Even though I absolutely LOVE the finish, I'm afraid to take the risk of my face breaking out again. Returning back to the MAC

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I lovee this powder! It's my HG powder!! I'm so pleased with it. I've been searching for a good powder forever - a powder that doesn't look cakey or powdery, and sets concealer/foundation well without it getting cakey. This powder does not look cakey or powdery AT ALL, it looks SO natural like you aren't even wearing any powder at all. And this powder is EXCELLENT for setting under eye concealer, every other powder makes my under eye area look so horrible, and accentuates my fine lines, gets extremely cakey and dry, etc. But not this powder, it sets it so well, and does not look cakey or accentuate my fine lines or anything at all! And what's great is that it also contains no parabens, unlike all the other MAC powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

My friend had this and I tried it on once and it made my skin loook AMAZING (very natural and glowy) so i went out and got myself one. For some reason as I use it more and more I seem to like it less...has a tendency to sarken over the day so that i look tanner than usual (in a weird way).

it definitely offers more coverage than the MAC sheer pressed powder but i like the finish of that one much better and looks more natural on me so will not be repurchasing this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by JanM

This is another of my makeup buys that was purchased purely on MUA reviews. Do I need another pressed powder? Heck no, I've got powders pressed, loose and mineral coming out of my ears, but you know when you think that this one maybe the one, so you have to try it.

My skin is problematic and uneven, and my aim is to go out without makeup, to be one of those women who applies her sunscreen, a touch of blush and lipgloss and she's good to go - it's a big ask, especially as I have pores which are noticeable and if I matte them too much it makes them more obvious, but if I don't matte a bit, then I am greasy greasy oily.

So for me, I apply my foundation/TM of choice, and MSFN and that is it, and it really really is, I can touch up midday if I want, but it really isn't necessary. Take today, apply at 6.45am, no time to touch up, next time I look in the mirror I am home and it is 5.00pm and my skin looks flawless, it's a blimmin' miracle.

The shade light is light enough for my skin - no tide mark with my milk bottle neck, but golden enough (if that makes sense) for my skin not to look dead.

I use one of my many kabuki/buffer brushes depending on the finish I want, ie Smashbox#19 for lighter touch, NARS#19 for heavier coverage.
I would love a mirror in the lid.
I keep the plastic protection dome to limit damage.
18 in UK, this lasts and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ilovebourjois

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale, NW 15 in mac and this matches my skin well even if it is a tiny bit too yellow. I bought this to set my foundation. i have combination skin. my face somehow manages to be flaky and dry in the morning,and an oil slick by late afternoon. I tried this on top of my liquid foundation and was not happy with the results. My face looked dull and quite cakey.So this powder was pushed to the back of my makeup drawer for weeks. i read reviews saying that this can be used as a foundation. i dint think that it would work as it is so sheer. But this all depends on the application. With a dense kabuki brush (i use the ecotools retractable) i get a non-cakey, semi-matte finish that covers relativley well.It doesnt emphasize flakies with a good moisurzer(as with any powder i have used). I am impressed,and will probobly purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i use this as an everyday powder with concealer underneath and it gives sheer coverage. it definitely doesn't cover some of the acne scars that i have. it is really light and feels nice on, and it gives the look of even skin but not looking heavily made up.
if you have dry skin or tend to have a few dry spots, this can really cling on to the dry areas and make them look really flakey, so you have you be sure to be moisturized.
i am an nc20, and light looks really white on my skin, so be aware.
for an everyday powder and for the price, i wouldn't repurchase.
However, it looks amazing when I use it to set my clinique even better foundation in ivory. The foundation is a tad pink for my skin, and the msf natural makes it the perfect color for me, as well as giving an airbrushed finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daisychainsNhopscotch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

skin type + stuff: overall normal, yet can sometimes feel slightly dry. i have very minor blemishes, spots and blahh, but i do have slightly pigmented cheeks ( natural pinkness )... time for teh revieww:
i do overall love this, when it comes to powders:)
to be honest i am not totally convinced when it comes to all the hype about this product, but i have never been a face powder lover or whatever anyway.
but i must say, i do think this powder is fantastic - by far the best i have tried! it doesnt look powdery on the face, or irratate my skin, as some face powderss can feel ever so slightly itchy when first applied. i also love how it has a slight shimmer to it, which doesnt come across on the skin yet looks glowy. as you may have guessed, i dont like the matte look! it feels super light, but i must say i hardly ever wear this as i wear Bare Minerals foundation and power on top of powder...doesnt work for me, also you just dont need it - love that stuff;)
overall, if you are looking for a great powder that is light, looks natural on the skin and all that good jazz, then this is by far the product for you! i just am not a lover of face powders, phff...
hope this was helpful.x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I kind of get the hype with this product, but not completely. As with any powders, it completely dries out my combination skin, leaving it tight for a couple hours, and then extremely oily when my skin decides that it needs to produce more oil to make up for the dryness. That's when I use it alone, though. Used with a light foundation, this is a great setting powder. Used with a medium or full-coverage foundation, this is a way to make yourself look like a cake face! So, I can't use this powder alone, or with my EL Double Wear, but when I am having good face days and use a lighter foundation, this is the perfect setting powder. Oh, and I'm sure that if I used a stippling brush with this, it could set my Double Wear, but I'll stick to a cheap translucent powder to make this last. After all, it's $26. You should give this product a try, though. Just about everyone seems to like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I too use this on days when I am not in full face mood. It goes on smoothly and covers adequately while it does not give a heavy appearance.

it is a lovely product and works for me... I also use it over more sheer foundations in order to obtain more coverage when necessary.