October 20, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Perthgirl

I really like this product because it's extremely comfortable to wear with reasonable staying power. It's moisturising without being sticky, slimey, or stiff and hard to apply - all big pets hates of mine. Others have commented about the smell, personally I find it pleasant and lighty fruity (pomegrantey I guess!) and not too strong but I guess it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. The slight red tint is not at all noticable on my lips, but I'm fine with this - I pop this on after brushing my teeth, both in the morning (to moisturise prior to applying lipstick), and at night (to have moisture overnight), and any other time I don't have/need to wear lipstick - so I don't need the colour, just the comfort and moisture.

Admittedly at $6.50 AUD it's a bit more expensive than a regular Chapstick, but on the other hand it's not the most expensive I've seen (Lanolips at $20 AUD!!!) and for a natural product that feels as nice as it does - I don't mind the cost and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This lipbalm does what a lip balm does, moisturises pretty well and prevent flaky lips at bay. I thought of adding another good thing about this product..... it does not leave the lips glossy or whatsoever. Upon application, it leaves a semi-matte finish, and is great for prepping the lips before lipstick. The stick is tinted with red, but shows no discernible difference on the lips (unless if you have super-pale lips). One complain is that it comes with a 'sugary' scent.... I thought it might give the impression that the wearer is eating sweets ! But then again...the scent isn't overly cloying, and does not bother me much. Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Forgive the pun but this lipbalm is the bees' knees!
My first impression was that I absolutely hated the smell but somehow after a while it didn't bother me at all. This lasts for ages, glides on super easily (in comparison to the honey lipbalm, for instance) and leaves the lips super moisturised and healthy looking. This balm is red and it might add a little to the lips' natural pigmentation but it's not noticeable.
When my tube ended I replaced it with a pharmacy-bought lipbalm, the ones that are based on paraffin and mineral oil, and now my lips are super-dry and in need of constant balm, so as soon as I can I will buy more Burt's Bees, especially since the ingredients are so much more environment-friendly.
The only cons is that the brand is hard to find in my country so I always have to buy online.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by paigemm

Fantastic, although I think it's worth more of a 4.5. Very good moisture, nice scent and gives a pretty pink color that isn't in-your-face. I really like the smell, and it does a good job of moisturizing. I couldn't give it 5 stars because when my lips are really chapped, I go to Burt's Bees Clove Oil for immediate repair. This is a good lip balm for regular every day wear, not when you have a cold and have disastrously chapped lips (like mine during the winter.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by mentalmelody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The tint looked WAXY!!! The smel was okayish. however the product didnt moisturize my lips AT ALL!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great lip balm! I have tried so many because my lips have a tendency to get very chapped, and this one far surpasses the rest (including others from Burts Bees.) I actually enjoy the smell, but I don't think it looks super flattering on my lips. I don't really care though, because its so moisturizing and makes my lips feel great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Update: I've removed a lippie from the ratings because after my second tube, I realize that it was prone to leaving the white marks on the corners of my lips from time to time. The product itself is still luxurious to put on, and the faint tint of colour is lovely, but I wouldn't repurchase as the "white lips check" is just another thing on my mind.

--------------------

I finally picked up this lip balm after a year of using the original Burt's Bees balm. The hint of colour intrigued me along with the added benefits (however minor) of pomegranate oil. And while I do like this balm, I won't repurchase in comparison to the original.

The texture of the balm is thinner than the original BB balm, but it glides on much easier as it's not as waxy. There is a tiny tiny tiny hint of red colour, but on my naturally red lips, it doesn't show up at all. In fact, the colour is so faint, there's no need for clean-up if I swipe a bit outside my lips. It melts onto the lips upon application, but doesn't ever completely sink in. That being said, it's such a fine texture that I don't believe anyone would ever really feel it "sitting" on their lips.

I have very dehydrated lips that the original balm has really helped with due to the protective barrier it leaves, and for that reason the pomegranate version is just less moisturizing for me. However, it should be more than enough for most people. The smell is lovely, more of a rose than sweet pomegranate smell, and it doesn't linger in the very least. The price is about $4.50 CAD per tube, and will last ages (i.e. at least 4 months) with daily application.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachael22

The only reason this has 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I don't like the smell - it smells like rosemary combined with a hint of pomegranate, and I was expecting a fruitier smell. It took me a while to get used to the smell, but once I did, I loved everything else about this product. I don't care for lipstick or gloss anymore, all I wear is lip balm. I don't think this product was intended to be tinted and it is not marketed as such, but I've noticed it leaves a very nice, very subtle, natural pink shade on my lips. The combo of natural color + moisture reminds me of Tarte's LipSurgeance pencils but for literally 1/8 of the price. The color mostly comes from the carmine in it, which some would argue is not natural, but carmine for color in cosmetics doesn't bother me. The price for what this product provides excellent - it actually gives me that "natural, healthy red flush" that so many overpriced stains try too hard to achieve (but my skin and lips are already very pink so that's probably why those products make me look like a clown) and it also moisturizes. I've been researching to find a product that achieves the same thing without the smell and has an affordable pricetag, but since I cannot, I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

It has a nice consistency and is quite moisturizing but the scent is repelling to me. I thought it would leave some color on my lips but it doesn't. Don't like the packaging either. I would never buy this product again but I would like to try the original version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

it does moisturize n taste ok. No werid residue left over like the body shop ones. I like them, but they aren't my favourite (Carmex), still for variety I would rebuy them.