April 19, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The perfect lip balm. It's got a heavenly smell, it tastes the way it smells, and it gives a very light, subtle rosy red tint. It's very moisturizing and lasts a long time. Perfect for those days when you want a touch of blush and lip color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love(d) this, it gives the right amount of red and the right amount of moisture. I do not credit the Burt's Bees line for being very moisturizing though, i've tried several of their lip balms and had to constantly re apply to get hydration. So i stick to other more organic lip balms for moisture, or even oils like vitamin e or alba's un-petroleum or jack black's lip balms. It's a bit more expensive for a "chapstick" but it's decent. The first time i smelled this i thought it was like wine? i'm not sure how to place the scent. It definitely has a red tint to it. To the top reviewer who said this doesn't have a tint, you're wrong. I'm sorry but you are. This iS tinted red is it not? try smearing some of it on paper, will the paper turn red? YES. SO will your lips, a lip balm's tint WILLtransfer over to your lips no matter if it has an intended color or not. NOTE** for proof of this i used chapsticks peppermint chapstick in high school and i remember my lips turning blue in school, not nice. and it was a blue stick. The strawberry and cherry flavors also give a red tint, because of the red coloring, hence, so will this balm, nothing too drastic --if you dont use a ton-- it doesnt last though. I've moved on to better sticks for color and better balms for moisturizing. Don't be fooled into thinking youre getting a huge benefit because this is labeled as pomegranate (Burt's marketing scheme) . Pomegranate Seed Oil has a lot of anti-oxidants in it and high amounts of Puninic Acid, a fatty acid. but the concentration of it is so low (7th on a list of 12 ingredients) it might not have any benefit at all. In addition it's lack of sunscreen leaves your lips vulnerable to sun damage. Does this mean i hate the product? no, but i have other, better things to use. it's nice to have around if i'm in a pinch and have nothing else to put on.
Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, flavor, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, carmine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Quite lovely, pretty moisturizing and creamy and not waxy/greasy at all. Does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been a huge fan of the original Burt's lip balm but I really like this one. It is less waxy than the original, kind of oilier feeling but I like that. Unlike some other reviewers I also like the scent. This moisturizes really well and leaves a very subtle shine and tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am usually not a lip balm kinda gal. I LOVE lipstick lol but I drink so much freaken water the lipstick ends up on my water bottle anyway so I stopped wasting my lipsticks & I tried lip stains but they dried out my lips. I found this bad boy in my drawer & I AM IN LOVE!!! It doesn't really add any color, it just moisturizes so well, I especially need this now that the winter cold is out to get me lol. This doesn't wear off as quickly as my lipstick did when I kept sipping my water. I'm very happy with this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I love this balm and I find myself applying often, not because it is not long lasting and I need to, but because I love the scent and feel of it. It also adds a slight reddish tint to my lips. I have re-purchased this many many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this stuff. I currently have it in my nightstand drawer and I love to just apply it over and over. So soft and moisturizing!

I have tried my fair share of lip balms and I can say this is one of the best. I'm not really a Burt Bees user but discovered this in a set and fell in love.

I'm using this one and the Honey at the same time. The honey one floats around from room to room whenever I need it. That's rare for a product.... for me to love it so much and have multiples that I'm using at the SAME time. Says a lot for the product.

I want to try other flavors/formulas in the balm to see if they are all equally as pleasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by missyfussy

I absolutely love this! It provides moisture and a little colour to my lips. The pomegranate oil gives a shiny touch as well. I find applying this before lip gloss very helpful as it makes gloss application much easier. This balm won't work for very dry, chapped lips. If you have that, I'd suggest the medicated lip balm from the same brand :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lip balm. It feels so creamy going on and gives my lips a little extra colour. I also really enjoy the scent - It's unusual but I find it very pleasant. The price is reasonable and you can easily find it in stores. I hadn't been using it for a while (was using Nivea Hydro Care) and decided to go back to it the other day... Wow, there's a big difference. This one just feels so much more moisturizing, plus it lasts a lot longer. I'd buy this balm again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is barely teetering on a five, just barely. It seems that there is an equal amount of things I like more than the original beeswax lip balm, and dislike more than I like compared to the original. This balm isn't oily like the Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. It's also not waxy like the original. It's more in the middle, gliding on smooth and thick, but you still get that feel when you rub your lips together, the balm is smooth. You don't really get a whole lot of shine off of this balm at all, which is fine. Maybe a healthy, natural glow, but not a full fledge shine. It is quite pigmented, and it's a joy to carry around when my face needs to be brightened up. It doesn't give you the color that a lipstick would, it does give you a brilliant flush of color though. It's just enough for people to notice. It's nice to have on those days you want color on your lips, but want to look natural. Even so, it almost feels weird to think of something with nice color all that moisturizing, even though it is. When I have the flakies, I can almost feel them healing and disappearing. It has very good moisture, nothing super intense, but enough. The smell is something you would call different. The name is very misleading, this smells anything but fruity! It's not very yummy like I thought it would be. When I first opened it, I braced myself for a blast of pomegranate flavor and.....smelled Original Chapstick. You know Original Chapstick, it's the cheap one, made with petroleum jelly instead of beeswax, you can find it for about a dollar anywhere or get a pack of three for three bucks. It has a black label on it. I then quickly ran to the desk, the closest place where I knew my Chapstick-addict of a father would stash one (you know the places like car, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, computer, etc. the places where your other lip balm addicted family members stash their favorite brand). I then compared, and the smells were strikingly similar. Is this not odd to anyone? This lip balm did smell twistingly different though, a little stronger and more herbal. This being said, it does smell a bit manly. After a few days of use, this developed it's own scent. I have now decided it smells like a mixture of Original Chapstick, herbal tea, and Cheerios (the cereal). This is just what I thought. A tube lasts you a while, even if you apply daily. It's always good to grab one of these for $3 for on-the-go anywhere lip balm is sold. I will repurchase. Even if it isn't my top favorite for Burt's Bees, I still consider it a favorite.
Edit 11/12/11: It obviously wasn't a huge favorite at first, but it's grown on me. I have spent a long while thinking about it. It hasn't grown because of popularity or influence, but I will tell you why. I bought the Burt's Bees Reviving Lip Balm with Acai Berry, and it was great, at first. It bugged me because it's flavor was like sweet tarts, so sugary and sweet. I got old so quickly. Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter is good, it just is so oily. Both of those lip balms, although I love them, made me realize how much I really depended on the Pomegranate version for a nice color, good consistency, and a flavor that wouldn't get sickeningly sweet. I just got done playing golf for a little over an hour in the strong wind and cold, and the Pomegranate lip balm stayed on my lips for the entire time and moisturized them like only the best of the best would. Any other lip balm would either not moisturize as much as it could because it is too waxy, or moisturize but not protect from the elements very long. Amazing product.