Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I can't say enough good things about this lip balm. It is one of my favourites! The only downside would be that the price is steep. Almost $5 for an average size lip BALM? I think they are much cheaper in the states, tho.. Anyway, the texture of the balm is smooth and it does wonders for chapped lips. Staying power is average to good, and the scent is very delicious - fruity yet woodsy. I love the packaging as well, the cap is super sturdy and I've never had a problem with the lip balm not screwing down or anything of the sort. I find this more moisturizing than the original Burt's Bees. Its formula is creamier, and goes on smoother too!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't get why yhis is getting a lot of bad reviews, but it cured my chappy lips. After cleansing, putting eye cream, serum then moisturizer I use this at night as a way to end my night routine. It is fairly pigmented so it makes my lips look like I ate cherry ice pop.

on 4/12/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE!

It does have a kind of waxy feeling so if you don't like that then I def dont suggest this balm. I like it WAY better than EOS (which I own as well, but mainly for the cute packaging).
This balm keeps my lips hydrated for the LONGEST TIME. it makes lipstick/gloss application much smoother but I wouldn't say it really fills in the lines on my lips all that well.
I love the pomegranate smell and the fact that it lasts forever.
A staple! kind of pricey I think but i prefer this over chapstick so I'm willing to shell out the 6 bucks (since it lasts so long).

on 4/3/2012 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Standard lip balm. Has a waxy feel, which doesn't offend me. The scent is ok. Pretty standard, nothing special. It will get the job done but nothing to write home about. I like the minty original better.

on 4/1/2012 12:04:00 AM

So honestly I dont really write many reviews. Mainly because Im not really sure who would care to know my opinion. But I really had to come here and share my opinions about this chapstick with you guys!

First of all....I used to use Burt Bees chapstick back in the day. My lips were fine and maybe just bc I was bored i decided maybe I should venture out and try something new for my lips.. Well since that thought, my lips went downhill. Let me tell you that I went thru a number of chapsticks, lip balms, etc etc, u name it, ive tried it. ..And my lips have just been dried,peeling, even wearing lipliner and lipstick was not fun anymore, bc the application was not smooth and supple. my lips were getting BAD...It was getting to the point where i was afraid to give my little nephew a kiss on his chubby little cheeks bc of how uncomfy my lips would make him feel. Yes my lips were severely chapped. Nothing was working. They were CONSTANTLY dry, peeling, ugh it was not pretty. And it did not matter what i tried, bc anything I tried just wore off after a few minutes leaving my lips chapped and dry again. Even when I woke up!!

So then i thought let me know just go back to what I used to use, bc I guess if you find smthg that works, just stick with it, even if it gets boring. I learned that the hard way for my face cleanser as well lol. ( thats a whole other story) Anyway I went out and got Burt Bees chapstick with Pomegranate oil ( the REPLENISHING brand). And WOW, my lips are back. Soft, supple, smooth, lipstick is FUN to apply again.....:) The application is easy, smooth, not to greasy either, sinks right into your lips. Ive only been using it for 3 days and what a difference. NO more cracking, peeling, nothing. just smooth soft lips....Thank you Burts! At $2.99 will def be buying it again! Now wheres that little nephew of mine!!?

on 3/29/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Is it inane to complain about this product because it is too waxy? I mean, after all, it's made of beeswax, and I knew that going in. Still, the texture is too thick and just sits in the cracks on my lips instead of giving me that "my lips but better" (plumped and kissable) look like that I want from a lip balm. I have severely dry, chapped lips year-round and this product doesn't help with that, so into the dark recesses of my drawer it goes.

on 3/27/2012 8:37:00 PM

My new lip balm addiction is Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. I've been going through a tube a week, and it's starting to get expensive ~ I love the scent, and the feel on my lips. I live in a warm weather climate, so I cannot comment on whether this will help with chapped, dry lips, but it works well to keep my lips hydrated. I've been wearing this under my lipstick, and I mix it with my other favorite, discontinued lip balm, L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm.

Last but not least, a tube of this lip balm fell on the floor, and I caught my little poodle eating a tube. She wouldn't let me take it away from her, and she looked happy and was licking her lips. Now, every time I use this lip balm, she climbs all over me trying to kiss me.

on 3/25/2012 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

HG lip balm, lol! Leaves my lips very soft and revitalized, and smells great. I've been using this product for years and I absolutely adore everything about it, including the light tint that it gives. Good stuff.

on 3/20/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I loves this lip balm, it was really hydrating and smelled and tastes good. Although it smelled amazing at first, after a while it got tiring, but still good until some idiot friend of mine took it as a joke and never gave it back. If I find it again, I would but it.

on 3/20/2012 5:03:00 PM

This is the best lip balm! I like the hint of color, and it's very moisturizing and looks good all by itself. I always keep this in my makeup bag and in my purse.

Popular Lip Treatments