Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 9/26/2010 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is definitely worth trying. It goes on like butter with the sponge or with a kubuki brush. I use both, btw. It covers nicely. It's definitely matte but not dry or cakey. It doesn't last all day without touching up, It lasts me about 6-8 hours though. I live in Southern California so the weather in the summer/fall gets up to 105+ degrees and it doesn't melt off. I have yet to try it in the winter when my skin tends to get drier so I'll definitely come back with an update.

But for now, this is my HOLY GRAIL foundation. I have no complaints. I will buy backups!

I guess the down fall is that I hit pan pretty quickly... I can size a pin sized part of the pan right in the middle of the pan. BUT I have a ton of product on the sides. The price? $32 isn't all that expensive to me. I've been desensitized due to my love of high end cosmetics though.

on 9/16/2010 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got a sample of it and I think it is too heavy on my face. what is worse is that it will easily melt when the weather is hot. I don't quite like it anyway.

on 9/12/2010 8:02:00 PM

MUFE duo mat powder foundation is my HG! I used to be a long-time user of Lancome matte and Shiseido matte powder foundations. I found this to be the best one yet.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So, I've repurchased this, and I do like it, but I don't use it as much as I did during the Summer. It provides good coverage, works amazing over a tinted moisturizer, lasts fairly well on my very oily skin, and doesn't break me out. If you can get your color and you don't have dry patches, give this a shot. I'm NC10/15 and 200 looks a little too yellow on me, so, I have to use it very lightly until next Summer.

on 8/14/2010 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like the coverage. But I definitely hate the smell. I think the price is too expensive. Overall, this press powder is not so good.

on 8/12/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Compare to all the other powder compact foundation on the market, this foundation would be a rip off: you'll touch the bottom of the pan within 6 months with everyday use. Also, i'm not even oily yet, the foundation fades off within 6 hrs. By the end of the night, you'll be washed out. I really don't know what people like about this foundation but, it sucks. It just has nice color selection and looks pretty good. But, there is NO point in buying a foundation if it doesn't last.

on 8/10/2010 2:02:00 AM

Amazing!! This is the best powder foundation I've used by far. The lady matched me to 205 and it's perfect. I love how I can use this without anything under it and how smoothe it makes my skin. It's such an amazing powder and I definately reccomend it .

on 8/8/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this foundation at Sephora, and I thought it was a match made in heaven, which, overall it is. However, the color is off. I bought the 218, which is too dark, and the 216, is too orange. I love the consistency, and wear-ability of the product, I just wish they had more colors.

Hello, Lover! Every summer, since my discovery of makeup, has wreaked HAVOC on my face by drowning it in the shiny's; but this bad boy here has come to save the day!

I tried to switch over to mineral foundation for the summer, but BE was just ridiculous even after it's new matte formula, and my MAC lightful powder foundation was MEH. Since I already knew MUFE's HD foundation didn't make my skin react, I figured I'd try something within the line.

This duo-matte powder foundation glides on like BUTTAH'! It's med-full coverage, and def. mattifies and keeps it that way. I danced away the night last night, in a drunken fury [haha...], and as sweaty as I felt, I went to the bathroom to check up on myself and NO SHINY's!

Went back out and danced some more, then home... and as I looked in the mirror, I realized my face had not been compromised one bit! Now that I've found this for HOT days, I'm also going to use this to control the oilies in my t-zone, since MUFE's microfinishing HD powder is cumbersome to take around with me. I like setting before I leave the house, but the compact is nice to take with me to touch up.

My only gripes: cost for being a pressed powder, and the sponge compartment in the compact is kinda cumbersome to open. I fear I may knick my powder every time I reach for the sponge, which is why my initial application is done w/ my MAC 183 flat top buffer brush instead. I only reach for that little sponge if I ever have it on me to touch up, which is rare. [I hate carrying makeup with me.]

One last Update: Im still loving this foundation, its great it covers well it still helps with my oily combo skin it hasnt broken me out ever. Though i have stopped using this because my makeup bag was stolen :( i would like to repurchase but i just don't feel like its worth it for me right now. I'm kind of on a budget and i would like to get more bang for my buck! i use up the product to quickly for me to keep repurchasing it. one day i will repurchase.

UPDATE!: i suspect that i was having an off day when i tried this the first time (re; the review i wrote first) Sooo I underestimated this powder foundation.
After my first experience with this product i decided i didnt like it too quickly without really giving it a chance. I returned it and started using Laura Merciers powder foundation, that one clogged my pores after everyday use unfortunately. SOO i returned that one and got Duo mat again! in a darker color. I got this in color 203 this time and I just Adore it! Ive been using it everyday for about a month and I'm definitely happy with it! It goes on beautifully and covers my flaws and stays on for quite some time throughout the day. I get kind of oily and i use oil blotting sheets and my makeup doesnt get messed up! I have quite a bit of product left too aand this doesnt clog my pores! :)! It looks like airbrushed makeup flawless and smooth. Aand again if i blot, my makeup stays on. It looks like when i first put it on! :) Wonderful product. I will definitely repurchase! Love love it!

I wanted to like this foundation and I did when I first put it on.. I went to sephora yesterday to buy it after reading great reviews about it. Its not a bad product its just not for me. It covers well, everything, redness discoloration on my chin from acne scarring to a minor pimple here or there, like a dream. Soo my skin: combination; oily here dry there I have what looks to be pretty normal skin but maybe a half hour after washing it it starts getting oily mainly down my nose and forehead, and dry on the cheeks. Sometimes my skin gets flaky on my nose and cheeks so I have to put a good moisturizer on something to control the oily areas too though. So first of all the foundation in the compact looks darker than what it really is once u put it on your skin, so you probably want to try it on in person in the store or where ever before u decide on a color. For refrence im an NC35 in mac powder fdtn. BUT I believe I got number 201 first, it was way too light!. This founation, MUFE that is, has silicone oils in it btw it says so on the box and its purpose it for the foundation to smooth onto the skin better. ANYWAYS upon initial application it looks powdery Almost too powdery (but not chalk like) while still covering everything u want it to. That goes away after about 20 minutes or so, for me (u can spray water on your face to make the powdery look go away, something i Didn't try). Later the foundation starts to look dewy. Quick note, my skin doesnt get very oily it gets slightly oily. This dewy look wasnt overwhelming as some would suspect from reading this review it was a rather healthy dewy look all over my face that i personally didnt like. (though keep in mind the foundation was still on my skin and covering my flaws). Good Luck on your search for a foundation that works for you! :)