August 27, 2014 | 1700 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by ens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the coverage. But I definitely hate the smell. I think the price is too expensive. Overall, this press powder is not so good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Compare to all the other powder compact foundation on the market, this foundation would be a rip off: you'll touch the bottom of the pan within 6 months with everyday use. Also, i'm not even oily yet, the foundation fades off within 6 hrs. By the end of the night, you'll be washed out. I really don't know what people like about this foundation but, it sucks. It just has nice color selection and looks pretty good. But, there is NO point in buying a foundation if it doesn't last.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by briii

Amazing!! This is the best powder foundation I've used by far. The lady matched me to 205 and it's perfect. I love how I can use this without anything under it and how smoothe it makes my skin. It's such an amazing powder and I definately reccomend it .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kemper1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation at Sephora, and I thought it was a match made in heaven, which, overall it is. However, the color is off. I bought the 218, which is too dark, and the 216, is too orange. I love the consistency, and wear-ability of the product, I just wish they had more colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

Hello, Lover! Every summer, since my discovery of makeup, has wreaked HAVOC on my face by drowning it in the shiny's; but this bad boy here has come to save the day!

I tried to switch over to mineral foundation for the summer, but BE was just ridiculous even after it's new matte formula, and my MAC lightful powder foundation was MEH. Since I already knew MUFE's HD foundation didn't make my skin react, I figured I'd try something within the line.

This duo-matte powder foundation glides on like BUTTAH'! It's med-full coverage, and def. mattifies and keeps it that way. I danced away the night last night, in a drunken fury [haha...], and as sweaty as I felt, I went to the bathroom to check up on myself and NO SHINY's!

Went back out and danced some more, then home... and as I looked in the mirror, I realized my face had not been compromised one bit! Now that I've found this for HOT days, I'm also going to use this to control the oilies in my t-zone, since MUFE's microfinishing HD powder is cumbersome to take around with me. I like setting before I leave the house, but the compact is nice to take with me to touch up.

My only gripes: cost for being a pressed powder, and the sponge compartment in the compact is kinda cumbersome to open. I fear I may knick my powder every time I reach for the sponge, which is why my initial application is done w/ my MAC 183 flat top buffer brush instead. I only reach for that little sponge if I ever have it on me to touch up, which is rare. [I hate carrying makeup with me.]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by gina123inmateo

One last Update: Im still loving this foundation, its great it covers well it still helps with my oily combo skin it hasnt broken me out ever. Though i have stopped using this because my makeup bag was stolen :( i would like to repurchase but i just don't feel like its worth it for me right now. I'm kind of on a budget and i would like to get more bang for my buck! i use up the product to quickly for me to keep repurchasing it. one day i will repurchase.

UPDATE!: i suspect that i was having an off day when i tried this the first time (re; the review i wrote first) Sooo I underestimated this powder foundation.
After my first experience with this product i decided i didnt like it too quickly without really giving it a chance. I returned it and started using Laura Merciers powder foundation, that one clogged my pores after everyday use unfortunately. SOO i returned that one and got Duo mat again! in a darker color. I got this in color 203 this time and I just Adore it! Ive been using it everyday for about a month and I'm definitely happy with it! It goes on beautifully and covers my flaws and stays on for quite some time throughout the day. I get kind of oily and i use oil blotting sheets and my makeup doesnt get messed up! I have quite a bit of product left too aand this doesnt clog my pores! :)! It looks like airbrushed makeup flawless and smooth. Aand again if i blot, my makeup stays on. It looks like when i first put it on! :) Wonderful product. I will definitely repurchase! Love love it!

I wanted to like this foundation and I did when I first put it on.. I went to sephora yesterday to buy it after reading great reviews about it. Its not a bad product its just not for me. It covers well, everything, redness discoloration on my chin from acne scarring to a minor pimple here or there, like a dream. Soo my skin: combination; oily here dry there I have what looks to be pretty normal skin but maybe a half hour after washing it it starts getting oily mainly down my nose and forehead, and dry on the cheeks. Sometimes my skin gets flaky on my nose and cheeks so I have to put a good moisturizer on something to control the oily areas too though. So first of all the foundation in the compact looks darker than what it really is once u put it on your skin, so you probably want to try it on in person in the store or where ever before u decide on a color. For refrence im an NC35 in mac powder fdtn. BUT I believe I got number 201 first, it was way too light!. This founation, MUFE that is, has silicone oils in it btw it says so on the box and its purpose it for the foundation to smooth onto the skin better. ANYWAYS upon initial application it looks powdery Almost too powdery (but not chalk like) while still covering everything u want it to. That goes away after about 20 minutes or so, for me (u can spray water on your face to make the powdery look go away, something i Didn't try). Later the foundation starts to look dewy. Quick note, my skin doesnt get very oily it gets slightly oily. This dewy look wasnt overwhelming as some would suspect from reading this review it was a rather healthy dewy look all over my face that i personally didnt like. (though keep in mind the foundation was still on my skin and covering my flaws). Good Luck on your search for a foundation that works for you! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this powder, and I use a lot of different types, brands, by far, this is one of the best. It gives you a light glow with lights, and it is not shimmer, it's a nice glow, not oily look, its just great and I do have this in my purse, but I don't even need touch up throughout the day. Better result if you have oily skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by irmaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very good, is very very matte, controls oils and the face don't cake! is very pricey but has a good range of colors. I'm now using the mark powder buff foundation and i got the same coverage and my face looks natural and oil free and is only 10 dollars and don't cause my face breakout!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start by describing my skin.
I have a medium yellow undertoned (asian) skin, acne prone and combination with an oily tzone.
I bought this product in shade 209... (a little bit too dark for me actually).
1. I find the coverage quite buildable, and it can cover a lot! HOWEVER, the powder makes pimples look very obvious on the skin (like a moon's surface), especially when under the sun.
2. I was wearing a white dress one very hot, humid day and was SHOCKED to see the foundation has transferred terribly onto my clothes by the end of the day. It melts of my face after about an hour under the sun (it ran down with my sweat :S)
3. It will accentuate wrinkles when applied too much around the eyes. I am 16 and have no wrinkles but when I try to build the foundation it looks so cakey and unnatural, especially around my eyes!
4. For the price I expected much more quality in this product.
5. Oh and it broke me out! big time! so acne prone people out there... be careful!

the only pro about this is that it is wonderful at keeping my face fully matte!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I've tired many many powder foundations and this one is one of the best by far. First off, the selection of shades they have is impressive. I ended up getting 202 Translucent Beige (great for asian skin). It goes on so smoothly and the coverage is amazing. It's buildable coverage so I add more on day where my skin is not looking so hot. I even use this as a concealer with a concealer brush on places where I need it.

For a foundation, its not too pricy considering its something you use everyday. I totally love this product!