Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 8/12/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This gives you flawless looking skin. It looks like skin, rather than foundation. What I don't like about this is that you need to use a lot of product and the package is rather small. I also don't like the bottle as when it appears empty there is probably a lot of product left in the bottle, but the plastic is too thick to cut open and you just have to throw it away. You have to apply this with fingers as it absorbs into your skin within seconds and a lot of the product is wasted when you use a brush.
It has good coverage and doesn't crease.

on 8/1/2013 3:42:00 PM

This product is awful! I tried applying it 2 different ways. With my hands and a brush. Its very cakey no light way to apply this garbage. And mattefying? Yea right my skin was oily within the first 3 hours and it comes off with a simple brush of your skin. I will never purchase this stuff again. At first it looked airbrushed on but very cakey, then it ended up getting an orange tint yuck.

on 7/30/2013 11:33:00 AM

I have to say this product does not worth it's prize. I have really oily t zone. It claims that it can let me stay matt but I didn't feel much of the different than using drugstore foundation--or worse... It stay matt like 3hrs and then it start to come off of my skin. Even revlon can stay longer than it!!! Though it has great coverage. I like HD foundation better.

on 7/27/2013 1:18:00 AM

I bought this product recently due to the summer heat and the constant secretion of oil on my face. The saleslady swore it would absorb the oil from my face and it would stay matte all day but she was wrong. It stayed matte for maybe about, 3 hours then I start to see shine again. I even applied the duo matte powder foundation. It was such a disappointment since it cost me a fortune. However, it was easy to apply and it glides on nicely when you apply it. It does look nice and matte for the first 3 hours. If you have extreme oily face like mine, it might let you down.

on 7/18/2013 1:51:00 PM

I've been using the Matte Velvet foundation by make up forever for a week now. I love it!!!!! It gives just the right build able color and matches my skin perfectly. I put it on with a sponge and then barely dust it with translucent powder. It's perfect!

This is the only foundation I use in the summertime. I love that it looks so natural on the skin and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey on my face. Still, it covers up all of my acne scars or any discoloration. Great coverage for such a light weight foundation! I love it because it's waterproof. I've been to the beach many times wearing this foundation and it never let's me down. It stays put through boogie boarding, crashing waves, and hot games of beach volleyball. At the end of the day, my skin was still flawless looking. It has a matte\natural finish, but I still like to set it with an oil control powder. (Just my habit). It does not oxidize throughout the day and there are a wide range of shades. It blends best using a flat top brush. All around amazing product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this foundation! I wear it whenever I have a special event to go to or just feel like having that full coverage on my face =) I got mine at Sephora for about $36 and love that it keeps my face matte all day! I have really oily skin and wearing this over my Milk of Magnesia really leaves my face with a matte finish and I don't have to blot every now and then like I usually would.. I wouldn't reccomend it for the summer because it feels pretty heavy on the face or for people with dry skin! Other than that, it works great ;)

on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I first used it for my wedding makeup and kind just want to use it all the time. It stays matte and it stays on. I do have to mix two for the perfect match but I use so little at a time who cares. Also for even heavy duty coverage you only need a pea size amount. If you have any special event to go to I highly suggest this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I hated this foundation because it dried out my face worse than its ever been before and mind you it's summertime and I have extremely oily skin so this was a horrible foundation in my experience I actually ended up returning it and I've never returned a makeup product before I won't be using it on myself or my clients so I switched to MAC studio tech and I love that ! By the way I am #55 in this foundation and NC 40 in MACs

on 7/4/2013 2:16:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle, and this is definitely my holy grail! being ridiculously fair and lacking noticeable undertones, its hard to find a color that isnt too pink or too yellow, but #15 Alabaster is perfect! it will take some practice to learn to successfully blend out every streak if you're new to makeup, but its so worth it. none of my shine shows through and it stays in place all day!