Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes

3.5

on 8/18/2008 3:20:00 PM

Too many nights up studying have made me suddenly need concealer under my eyes whereas before I never did. I also need a full-fledged skin care assault on my eye puffiness. I also didn't want a concealer that would dry out my already dry eye area, so I picked this up. I like it! this concealer seemed to make my eye area feel more moist and it did not settle into fine lines. also, I don't know if I'm imagining things but the skin around my eyes does seem less puffy and tighter. I feel like I am wearing eye cream and not concealer, so it is comfortable to wear and not drying. It brightens the eye area also. the only thing I don't like is the area right near my tear duct is still a little blue and shiny. right there is where my under eye circle is the darkest. I put powder over that but I still wish the concealer would cover it. All in all not a bad purchase for the price.

on 8/3/2008 1:15:00 AM

I was really impressed with this!!!:) Usually I'm not at all happy with Neutrogena, but this product lived up to it's promises! I am super pale (NW15) and I have a hard time finding a concealer light enough as fair as shade and the "fair" shade was perfect. It covers dark circles well, I like the fact that it's working double-duty as an eye cream, and it is really great for the price! Bottom-line ladies, it's worth checking out!! It is my HG eye concealer:)

on 7/29/2008 4:55:00 AM

I have this concealer in fair and it has been a great colour match for me. It is perfect for those with very fair complexions. It does a good job of hiding shadows under the eyes and any other imperfections on the face. Great price too!

on 7/19/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Originally, I hated this product. I thought that it made my eyes look cakey, but I think I was just applying it wrong. I picked it up again and used it, and now I absolutely love it. It smells great and really covers my darkness well. Keep in mind, I have more of an issue with puffiness then darkness, so if you need more coverage this probably isn't for you. I love that it's light enough for me, because I'm corpse-like pale. The one tube I have has lasted a really long time.

on 7/12/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After trying the Stila cover up stick and finding that it really made me look cakey, I was worried about using a liquid concealer. Thank god I did!! This dries matte on my skin and while it doesn't completely cover up my very dark circles, it covered up other parts where I had redness on my face, just fine.

EDIT: You can't really get good coverage with this, I found that applying enough to cover my dark circles made my eye area look cakey and the liquid concealer didn't really dry until about an hour later. Will look for a better, high end concealer.

on 7/6/2008 2:00:00 PM

This is actually the best concealer I've ever used. Having heriditary dark circles, I've been forced to use concealer daily for many, MANY years. I've tried many brands and I can easily say this is by far the best (for a drugstore brand, mind you). Others including L'Oreal, Maybelline etc. I find are too chalky, creasing, have minimal staying power, etc. and this product has none of those problems.

As for the reduction in the appearance of my dark circles and everything else it promises, I'm not so sure, but the formula is enough cause for me to repurchase. It is creamy, smooth and blends well. I have yellowish undertones, and this concealer is the only one I've found to blend in without leaving an obvious orangey/pinkish cast. The key is to apply moisturizer as normal as a base, blend the concealer in well and smooth, and set it with a little bit of powder (preferably another shade lighter). I use the pad of my ring finger for application. It lasts through sweat, tears and some light rubbing.
EDIT:
Brought this down to a 2 because I seriously changed my mind about it. The formula is lacking pigment so it requires layers to actually conceal anything. Setting with powder is a must or I find it dries into the creases under my eyes, if it dries at all. I bought Revlon's Age Defying Spa Concealer and I am much happier with that.

on 7/5/2008 12:22:00 AM

i wanted everything the package said to work .. but of course it didn't. it did not hide my dark circles very well and settled in between my lines and caused very bad itching and swelling underneath my eyes.i guess im not used to the spf. oh and when i applied it on top of my eye cream it dries and little flakes come off when i touched it.. urggh.

on 7/1/2008 11:49:00 PM

I apply this under my eyes with a pad. Its one of the best under eye products I've tried. I find that you HAVE to moisterize before applying it and it is NOT good for trying to cover up blemishes because it seems to have a yellowish tone to it. I would recommend it for covering under eye discoloration, broken blood vessels or slight redness.

on 6/30/2008 9:40:00 PM

I wasn't impressed with this at all. The idea of a product which "instantly hides dark circles, reduces the look of puffiness and fine lines and helps protect the sensitive eye area with SPF 20" is still just a dream. I found it chalky and drying. It didn't spread well, even if I used it over a little eye cream and it settles in fine lines. I could never get it to look natural. Yuck.

on 6/16/2008 12:18:00 AM

I don't use this for under my eyes- it's just too thick - but it's perfect for concealing zits. The yellowish base evens out redness and the consistency is thick enough to cover acne. So I hate having to use it, but it always works well. Because this product is so thick, I recommend using a makeup sponge to apply -- it helps even it out a bit.