December 22, 2014 | 1010 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

Oh, this is great. So soothing and yet it cleans thoroughly. I barely need to moisturize. Lovely soft herbal scent. A little goes a LONG way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mmm19456

At first this cleanser may appear to not clean your face because i was so used to the cleansers that strip all the moisture from the skin. This cleanser keeps the moisture in your skin and cleans well. It is a mild exfoliate, which is good because my skin can not handle exfoliation. My skin used to be horrible with acne. I am 19 years old and have struggled with acne quite some time. I have tried many acne products. But, with just this cleanser my acne has cleared up. Its not a miracle cure because its only a cleanser. But it will help after a month. The cleanser evened my tone, and I do not use acne medication. However, I still have acne but to a milder case. I really love this cleanser!!! It also lasts for a long time!! It lasts longer than a drug store cleanser!! I got the 16oz for 20 dollars. I love this definitely a good purchase compared to acne medication and cleansers that don't work. My skin is sensitive, oily/combination skin, dry(winter), acne prone, and prone to redness. I love this cleanser give it a try!! It may help!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 years now. I first found Mario Badescu while searching for acne solutions to remedy my issues. My skin was HORRIBLE. I had cystic acne on my chin and jawline, pustules, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. While I can't say that this was what directly cleared my skin up, it never irritated it.

Now, my skin is almost completely clear (thanks to years of perfecting my routine), but I still use this cleanser and probably will for years to come. It is so effective, so gentle, so soft, and it just feels amazing and luxurious on my skin. It's a bit pricey, not too bad though. Definitely worth it. Plus, I'm always able to find a discount on Mario Badescu's site, or free shipping. And they always send 3 free samples!

At the moment I'm using Clinique's Acne Solutions 3-step facial treatment, but the cleanser in this Clinique line is a JOKE when it comes to removing makeup. So I still pre-cleanse with Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel and it takes all of my makeup off in a cinch! After my face is rid of makeup, I then begin with my Clinique system to make sure it's really getting into my skin without mixing with dirt, oil, and makeup from the day.

I highly recommend this to anyone! It's a great cleanser! But for those of you with acne, don't expect this to solve your problems. It won't cause further breakouts, but it won't clear them either.

UPDATE::: I no longer use Clinique's Acne Solutions 3-step facial treatment as mentioned above. I hate it. But I do still use my trusted Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel!! My new routine is to use it after I've removed my makeup (for that I love to use Bioderma Sensibio H2O or DHC's Deep Cleansing oil, yes even on my oily skin). After that, I use the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel with my Clarisonic, although I'm feeling that at this point it may be a bit too drying. Maybe because the Clarisonic cleans so deeply? I'll know soon, as I'm currently shopping for more of a cleansing "milk" to use with my Clarisonic to see if that'll be less drying on my skin. I don't want to take any lippies off the rating though, because this is a great product in itself and depending on when you use it in your regimen, it can either work perfectly or be a bit too stripping. It's all up to you. Overall, though, it's a highly dependable cleanser. I think I'll always have it in my cabinet. It always gets the job done, works great if you want to use it as a makeup remover (might leave a bit of mascara on your eyes though if you don't use a separate eye makeup remover), and it has never ever ever ever given me problems with my acne. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. I just started a whole new skin regimen so I cannot say that this cleanser is the reason for all the positive changes (I bought it and started using it at the same time that I got my new Clarisonic Mia a month ago). What I can say is that, although not advertised as the most natural of products, I love that it has just 6 or 7 ingredients. My skin was going HAYWIRE from other natural products (Avalon, Burt's Bees, Dr. Hauschka, etc) even the ones for sensitive skin and I never had huge skin problems to begin with.

It cleanses my skin without feeling harsh AT ALL and I had to go through 7 cleansers before I got to this one. Also, I absolutely LOVE the smell of this stuff, it smells great (light and fresh) without smelling perfume-y but also without smelling like a lot of the natural products I tried that smell harsh or just plain gross. I think the price is not a "steal" per se but very reasonable for what it is. Also, I use it with the Mia so I only use about a dime-sized amount and it does the trick. I've had the bottle for a month and use it every night and it looks like it will last me another 6 months or so.

CON: contains methylparaben

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by AshleyMegan00

This cleanser is so-so in my opinion. It does leave a film on your skin. At night, if you want that REALLY clean feeling you'd have to wash twice. I like the packaging, its easy to pour onto you hands. It also doesn't remove make-up so that'd be an extra step when using this cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by AlinaGeorgina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was extremely excited about using this product when I bought it online but unfortunately I was very disappointed. This absolutely did nothing it promised especially not clear up my blackheads like I had hoped. In fact I seemed to get more than before. I will not be buying this again and the bottom line is that it did nothing for my skin.

I have combination skin that tends to be dry only because I use retin-a micro and 5% benzoyl peroxide perscribed by my dermatologist.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by crazzybeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER! i use this every day and night. But to take off your makeup you still need to pre-cleanse with an oil or makeup remover. This is so soothing. Great for sensitive. Ageing (20-30 yo) acne prone. It hydrates where my skin needs it. Its a gel and dosnt foam but that is why i like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lizziex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY Mario Badescu product I like and I've tried so many of their things.
This face wash is non foaming so you need a bit more product to cover your face than with a foaming cleanser. I use about a quarter-sized amount. It has a faint floral scent which is not great but tolerable. I usually put it on my face with wet hands but a dry face and then rinse it off with warm water and a soft washcloth. The thing i don't like about this is that it makes my face feel very dry and tight for about 30min after I use it. It's also in my opinion a bit overpriced for the ingredient list and packaging. I usually buy the smaller bottle. It lasts about two months.But overall this is my favorite cleanser and I will keep purchasing indefinitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by joycelml

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best cleansers which I have ever used for my sensitive, oily and dehydrated skin. A very gentle cleanser which is not drying and it keeps the skin moisturised after washing, without leaving a film. However, I find that you need to "double-cleanse" your face to clean really well at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser! My whole regimen consists of Mario Badescu, and this cleanser is one of my favorites from their line. I love how the ingredients are nothing mysterious and unknown with names you cant pronounce. It is odorless, and therefore isn't overpowering with smell. It is neither drying or too moisturizing, and it doesn't strip the skin. I highly recommend this product, and will be buying it again!