April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by luvyal9449

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the product that sold me on Mario Badescu! Now I use a number of products from the line. I havent broken out badly since I started using this product. Also even though Im acne prone I have dry skin and this product is not at all stripping. I like how this product line uses minimal ingredients and very little mysterious ingredients. The cleanser is 12 dollars much less then all of the other prestige lines!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOOT!! I think I found my HG-for-life cleanser! I've been using this for a year and it hasn't caused me to have cystic acne or any unwanted blemishes. I'm a woman in her 30's that still suffers from acne, but this cleanser really does its job. I got a sample of this from a swapper last year. I didn't use it at first because I was afraid of the way it looked, plus the fear of getting more acne..LOL..After it being stashed in my drawer for weeks I decided to give it a try. I used it with my Clarisonic. My, oh, my, was my skin looking radiant! I was very pleased. I used the sample until it run out. I went online and purchased an 8 oz. bottle of it. The smell doesn't bother me a bit nor does the non-foaming action. When I wear makeup, I used MAC's Cleanse-Off Oil followed with this AMAZING cleanser. The price is great and I love the samples. If you're ever wondering about this product, I highly suggest you try to get a hold of a sample, whether a swap or Ebay, etc. It's been a great experience with this cleanser. My face is happy! I will keep purchasing : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by falling_stars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser. I was a die-hard Dermalogica devotee until I bought ECG! I have combination skin which at the end of the day tends to be a little oily. I use this cleanser after using Dermalogica Precleanse to take my makeup off. It's perfect for leaving the skin with a fresh clean feel but doesn't strip the skin and make it feel tight - just nice and clean!! I like the scent - some people have said it smells like toilet cleaner?? I find the scent really comforting (not sure if that means I find the scent of toilet cleaner comforting or not!?!?) but for me the scent is very fresh and lovely. I use this most nights - once or twice a week I alternate with the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser for a deeper clean/exfoliation - and it works perfectly with other products in my regime. Papaya enzymes act as a mild exfoliant so it definitely gets your skin clean! Highly recommend - I think it's pretty good for all skin types. Price I thought was really good for a higher end cleanser ($34.95AUD compared to around $50AUD for Dermalogica) and a little goes a long way - packaging is basic, standard Mario packaging but I like the nozzle and it's easy to travel with. Will repurchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LovelyStars

i love this cleanser.
i feel that it leaves my skin smooth and clean.
it doesn't foam up, but i am kinda used to that.

i feel that this is a basic cleanser without any AHA or something, but since this is going to go on the eye, and isn't going to stay on the skin for long, it is good! i like it!

i am going to repurchase soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sjnelson08

I really like this cleanser. Some people don't like the fact that it does not foam up, however I don't think this means that it isn't doing its job. I follow it up with the Cucumber Lotion (toner) and there's never any makeup or anything on the cotton ball after wiping my face. It's a very gentle, mild formula however it still gets everything off your face. Exactly what I'm looking for in a cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by book_worm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have combination skin, and this gets my face clean without leaving a residue behind or stripping it dry. I use it in the mornings and at nights for days where I don't wear much makeup (for heavy-duty cleansing, I turn to the Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Pore Scrub). I first tried it as a sample from the sample pack and immediately thought of it as a more refreshing and effective (at least on me) Cetaphil---gentle and gets the work done, but nothing earth-shattering. The price is pretty affordable too and I actually like the packaging with the plastic squeeze-out bottle. The 8 oz. bottle will probably last me forever, but chances are that I'll repurchase when I finish it. 4 to 4.5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by cbasilio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I appreciate the fact that this cleanser was formulated with pregnancy-friendly ingredients. I showed the ingredients list to my doctor who okayed using the cleanser during my pregnancy. Applied on wet face, it does not lather which is something I need to get used to - I've always associated the lathering effect with a cleanser's thoroughness and efficacy. That said, it does seem to remove all traces of (mineral) makeup, does not sting at all, and rinses clean very easily. I follow up with a spritz of toner to be sure, though. Best of all, in just several days of using it I swear my skin quality improved - I suffered from cystic acne during the first few months of my pregnancy but they healed and improved after using this cleanser along with other products from the Mario Badescu line (the toner is witch hazel-based from Garden of Wisdom, followed by MB's Oil-Free Moisturizer and Drying Cream or Buffering Lotion). Two thumbs' up!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily acne prone skin and this is a great cleanser if you need a "gentle cleanser" It does not foam or lather up at all. It is like cleaning your skin with lotion. I like that it is very gentle and non-drying. It seems like it cleans pretty good but thats about it. Nothing special to me. Hasnt caused any breakouts, irritation, or anything like that. I just personally like something that lathers or foams, it just makes your skin feel cleaner. But this is okay, not sure of re purchase? I will give it more time to convince me. Been using a sample for a couple weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Braethan

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. All of my skincare products are Mario Badescu. About 4 years ago I started using it after trying some samples and I instantly noticed radiant younger looking skin. I love the scent and the fact that it is a gelish cream that doesn't foam is really nice. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and clean without leaving it dry and itchy, even if you dont apply a moisturizer. I like to put my night cream on right before bed and usually wash and tone earlier in the evening so its great. I cant say enough good stuff about this and all the mario products. Top quality at a reasonable price as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING!!!!!! TRUST ME, I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!!!!! AND THIS CLEANSER IS THE BEST, JUST THE BEST I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, THIS IS ONE OF MB BEST SELLERS AND NOW I SEE WHY ='D