December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by tina1wina13

I think this golden based highlighter would be great for someone a bit deeper toned /and or someone with warmer undertones with a tan ( darker than NC30 atleast). Why? Because this reflects gold a lot, its really too much for a beige skinned girl like me ( NC25-NC30), and I can imagine it would be odd looking on someone pale as well. Other than it not looking good on me, the product is highly reflective and pigmented, a very light hand is needed. I gave it 3 lippies because although the pigmentation is good it is a bit too reflective for a cheekbone highlight, and even with a light hand it looks a bit too frosty in my opinion. I prefer MAC msf's and nars liquid highlighters ( more subtle)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If you are a woman of colour and all you Indian women out there, GET THIS NOW!!! This is the BEST highlighter i have EVER used...and I am in love with it! I'm a Bobbi Brown Honey skin tone (yes, i'm a brownie) and it looks GORGEOUS on my skin! It looks shockingly white in t palette but goes on lyk a cream cuz its so finely milled! And once u wear it, it gives u a lovely golden glow which glows GREAT when the light hits it!!! *Sigh*!!! Why did i wait so long to buy this! oh, ryt, the money, get this NOW if u can afford it...or save up!!! cuz this is absolutely 5 star quality!!! Nars hit a six with this one! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks chalky white in the pan and when I first swatched it, it also seemed super powdery and dry. However, under light it gives off the prettiest cool-toned golden sheen. Because of this, it will suit all skin tones very well. The shimmer is finely milled but it's not subtle...so you will still see glitter, just not chunky glitter. Anyway, don't let the swatches fool you! This is my favorite highlighter after looking EVERYWHERE! It's natural and gives off that candle lit glow. I apply lightly to my cheekbones and a little bit down m nose. Sometimes I apply under my brow bones and to the inner corners of my eyes. Very versatile. Also this is highly highly HIGHLY pigmented. I literally barely touch the product with my brush and it gives me more than enough product for my face. This will probably last me for the rest of my life...no joke. Worth the high price tag.

If you also like the Orgasm blush or Laguna bronzer, def get the trio while it's still out. The Albatross in there seems like it's just a small amount but it will last a long time! And the blush/bonzer are divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by chicamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall Albatross is a great gold-based highlighter. In the packaging without swatching, it looks like a chalky white powder with shimmer to it, but swatched it's completely different. The good thing about this highlighter is that there are no chunks of glitter in it, it's all a lovely warm shimmery glow. If I can give some pieces of advice in regards to this product it would be:

1. Make sure you want a gold based highlighter. There are more subtle highlighters out there if you want something work appropriate or more natural looking.
2. Apply lightly! A little bit goes a long way, and if too much is applied things can go wrong. It's super pigmented as well, so you won't need to apply too much.
3. Use as a highlighter on cheekbones, inner tear duct, cupids bow!

Probably wouldn't buy it again as it will last forever! But if for some reason I lost it/it broke/I managed to go through it all, I would definitely buy Albatross again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this looked way too yellow on my already golden skin. it swatches beautifully but it didn't show up when applied lightly on my cheekbones. and if i put a lot more on, it turned into a gruesome yellow. i truly wanted to love this, but i have found better highlighters- eg. smashbox soft lights, and hard candy in honeymoon & pin-up (very cheap alternatives!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Gemini350z

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been searching HIGH and LOW for the perfect highlighter. I decided to try Hungry Heart and did not like it so I swatched Albatross at my local Sephora and fell in love! It is the perfect highlighter hands down. It gives me a natural golden glow on my cheekbones. It is a powder but it has a creamy texture, it goes on so smoothly for a perfect natural looking highlight. Gives you a gorgeous golden sheen!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely highlighter for the inner corner of the eye and brow bone. As a cheek highlighter i think it has too much of a golden shimmer, but if that's what you like then it works great like that too. I purchased mine in a duo with Orgasm blush, and i would definitely recommend buying it in a set/duo/trio as even though you get a smaller amount the product lasts for AGES and its costs about the same amount so you might as well get two products for your money : )

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get this product on its own. I got it as part of the NARS Bronzer/Blush/Highlighter Trio in Laguna/Orgasm/Albatross. I did notice however, that Albatross costs as much as a regular blush if you get the full size ($27.00), which I think is ridiculous, because its not a blush, and you can't really use it as a blush. This was my first official highlighter, but I tended to use white eyeshadows as highlighters before this. Honestly, the color is really nice and the product goes a long way. It highlights the brow bone especially really well, but I don't like how it highlights the cheekbone as much, just because it has a gold sheen to it, which is nice, but if you wear it with other NARS products (which I usually do, obv. since I have the Trio) that already tend to have shimmer in them, then it kind of overdoes it, unless you wear it on your eye where you can kind of get away with it. The product goes a loooooong way. I can say that much! I mean, I really don't suggest getting it by itself. If you are interested in other NARS products then get a Duo or Trio, which is a lot more worth it, because you will get another product in an equal or greater amount to go along with the highlighter, and it will be a lot more cost efficient. I personally would not buy this product again. I mean the color is nice, but its too expensive in my opinion for a highlighter. I usually don't use highlighter as a part of my daily routine though. If I'm in a rush, that's the last thing I worry about. Maybe if highlighter is a staple for you, you will find that its worth the price, but personally, I don't. This is honestly a killer eyeshadow though, so if you get it in the Trio (basically for free) for example like I did, then you can still use it as an eyeshadow since it has a really pretty pink/gold sheen. And it does look okay if you wear a more matte blush/bronzer. I did a review of the Trio as well and you can go read that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite highlighter! Its not glittery so it gives me a natural finish. It has a golden shimmer which is a nice touch. I use it on my cheeks, nose and a little on my forehead and it just brightens up my face and gives dimension.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this unsure of what to expect. It is my first highlighter, and I am impressed! I use it to highlight under my brows, the cupids bow, and cheeks. It leaves a wonderful shimmery golden glow. I love this. I will repurchase if I ever need to, because I use such a tiny amount and I don't know if I will ever reach the bottom of the pan!
But my god, so expensive (in Aus).

*EDIT* I actually ended up getting rid of this, after realising that it is a bit OTT on me. I prefer more subtle highlighters, such as theBalm MLM