January 25, 2015 | 1936 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because the benefit sales reps told me it would help smoothing and refining my skin texture after make up.

It does not work for me.

If i wear this before make up, my make up wouldn't go on smoothly.
If i wear this after make up, it would form clumps with the foundation and concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by channelfloral

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and my local Benefit bar said that this would help combat and control the amount of oil, and thus making my makeup wear longer.

This, unfortunately was not what happened.
The texture, as you know, is a wax, but when applied to the skin (with the included sponge) it has a very powdery texture to it, and felt heavy.

Once I applied my regular liquid foundation and concealer, it did not go on as smoothly as I'd anticipated, and I found it very hard to blend.
The lady at Benefit also told me I could use this over makeup, and though I did not want to, I gave it a go, and as expected, it wiped off all my makeup.

Dr Feelgood did not combat oil, and my makeup was no different, it just felt heavier.

Do no buy this product if you have oily skin.

LC

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

DO NOT BUY THIS! somehow got conned by SA to buy this product which was suppsoedly help control oil and make make up go on more smoothly...does not do anything for skin (has weird waxy texture which logically would make skin break out more?)

tricked again by pretty gimicky benefit product :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by EriBaby1920

Ehhhh...It does nothing. I have tried this primer with different foundations and can't get it to work. To be honest, I find that as the day goes on my foundation and concealer tend to slip a bit. On a positive point, it makes clean skin really soft but since I use makeup on a regular basis, there is no point in using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by lavenderparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Do NOT buy this product, no matter how much you want to! It feels so gross on your skin, almost like a layer of turkey grease. I bought it to tame redness on my face, but I scraped it off right after I put it on thanks to the feeling. I ended up giving this to my friend, who knows nothing about makeup, and she threw it away because of the greasy feeling it gave her. Such a gross product! Also, it completely clogged my pores and gave my blackheads that I'm still dealing with today. Ew!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by STAR81984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i loved this product!!!! my makeup stayed put all day. a little goes a long way!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by adored88

I have combination skin and needed a T-zone mattifier. I didn't need an all over primer and the directions for this said to apply it over your make-up, so I thought it would be a good mattifier for just my nose, chin, and forehead and I wouldn't have to 'powder my nose' for the rest of the day or even for a few hours at least....well it didn't work for me, still got the shinies after just an hour. I just felt like it did absolutely nothing, except be a waste of money. My totally full tin just sat there before I finally remembered it and threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I paid $30 for this stuff at Sephora after having tried it at the store.

Initially I found it impressive as it mattified my face Immediately (much like applying powder). Then I purchased it, took it home, used it the next day as recommended (on top of my finished face). An hour later, I was oily so, so much for it being an excellent mattifier on Top of makeup. The following day I decided to apply it as a primer (as I've read others to do) but I found that it didn't work well as a Primer at all as it didn't help with the application of a liquid foundation. As a matter of fact, it made it hard for my liquid foundation to actually adhere to my face. I've tried this stuff for 6 wks -both on top of my makeup and under- and I'm finally at the point where I feel like I'm beating the dead horse... it's not working, why keep trying? If I can't apply it Once in the day to keep me matte then I figure I might as well just stick with mattifying powder. At least powder doesn't make me feel like I'm clogging pores as bad as packing on This stuff.
On the up side, I've heard people say they don't like the smell. I happen to Like the smell. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by jackie414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sales lady recommended that I use this over my makeup to 'set' it and also to provide nutrients for my skin. I have to admit that the first few times I used it, I was actually mildly impressed with the effects. However, the sponge started getting really disgusting only after the fourth use, and the product wasn't applying properly anymore and was just clumping and making a big mess on my face. I replaced the sponge and wiped off the layer of gunk that had formed on top of the product, but the product was still no good. Haven't used it since, what a waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

This product is amazing! I don't get why it is getting so many negative reviews.

I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it so much that it becomes my HG primer. I use my fingers instead of the sponge. It helps to fill in my large pores around my nose. Then my foundation will go on smoothly and my face will become flawless afterwards.

It does not get greasy or oily during the day and I don't need touch-ups at all! The scent and the packaging is lovely too.