July 22, 2014 | 2311 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I paid $30 for this stuff at Sephora after having tried it at the store.

Initially I found it impressive as it mattified my face Immediately (much like applying powder). Then I purchased it, took it home, used it the next day as recommended (on top of my finished face). An hour later, I was oily so, so much for it being an excellent mattifier on Top of makeup. The following day I decided to apply it as a primer (as I've read others to do) but I found that it didn't work well as a Primer at all as it didn't help with the application of a liquid foundation. As a matter of fact, it made it hard for my liquid foundation to actually adhere to my face. I've tried this stuff for 6 wks -both on top of my makeup and under- and I'm finally at the point where I feel like I'm beating the dead horse... it's not working, why keep trying? If I can't apply it Once in the day to keep me matte then I figure I might as well just stick with mattifying powder. At least powder doesn't make me feel like I'm clogging pores as bad as packing on This stuff.
On the up side, I've heard people say they don't like the smell. I happen to Like the smell. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by jackie414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sales lady recommended that I use this over my makeup to 'set' it and also to provide nutrients for my skin. I have to admit that the first few times I used it, I was actually mildly impressed with the effects. However, the sponge started getting really disgusting only after the fourth use, and the product wasn't applying properly anymore and was just clumping and making a big mess on my face. I replaced the sponge and wiped off the layer of gunk that had formed on top of the product, but the product was still no good. Haven't used it since, what a waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

This product is amazing! I don't get why it is getting so many negative reviews.

I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it so much that it becomes my HG primer. I use my fingers instead of the sponge. It helps to fill in my large pores around my nose. Then my foundation will go on smoothly and my face will become flawless afterwards.

It does not get greasy or oily during the day and I don't need touch-ups at all! The scent and the packaging is lovely too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by TheCat7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not good, not good at all. Believe me.
For those of you who don't know exactly what this is, then this is a very stiff balm, kinda like stiff lip balm in texture, and it comes in a "jar" with a sponge to apply. Really, really cute packaging, but also really, really unconvenient. You are supposed to apply this balm before your makeup, or over it for touch-ups, and then the balm is supposed to smooth out the appearance of fine lines and stuff like that. This also has vitamin C.
Now on to the review.
First, I loved this. I have a bit larger pores on my nose, and with just one swipe of the sponge they were completely concealed, yet everything looked so natural. I also applied it on my forehead.
The next morning, I woke up, ready to smooth my balm all over my face again for a beautiful look... but, no. I had two breakouts on my forehead and four on my nose! It took me two weeks to get rid of those!
I did continue using this for a few more days, but I just broke out more so I decided to stop. I was sad about it, though, 'cause my other primers don't do this for my nose.
Bear in mind that usually, my skin is not very sensitive, just kinda in between. I have also heard many great reviews on this, so if you don't have sensitive skin, go ahead and try this. However, if your skin is prone to acne and breakouts (which mine is not, though) then I advise you to stay away from this.
The scent is rather strong, like citrusy, very nice.
Another bad thing is the sponge. It gets dirty after you use it just one or two times.
Overall, this really did smoothe out fine lines and especially pores (maybe by clogging them...), but it broke me out terribly (I usually don't break out a lot). Also the sponge applicator is not really great. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by miien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually don't really like this product. I bought it because a make up artist in the Sephora store advised me to buy it. It smells good and when I put the dr feelgood on my face it feels very soft, like a baby skin, but for the rest there's nothing special about the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried it was over make up which I thought wasn't too bad as it seem to mattified my nose instantly. and felt ok.

So bought it, tried it before putting it over make up with the sponge. But what I realize is that its so annoying to do so as it just doesn't seem like anything goes on my face. In the end i just used my fingers which warms it up and made it easier to apply.

Although it smelled nice and all, I realized it doesn't really work after I put my foundation/bb cream -___-
Feels like a waste of money and I still have so much of it. I know my nose is oily no matter what, but I was hoping this might help prolong things a little more.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Adelerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

complete waste of money; it does cover some imperfections when first applied but after about an hour it affect wore off, it smells funny and its hard to apply much better off buying a cheaper face primer this stuff is rediculous it just shows how a name can sell a product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Designgirl96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so this was NO good for me. It didn't even out my skin tone one bit and dry patches were very obvious. Perhaps this is good for someone with normal or oily skin?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by makeyyupp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN!

I bought this product about a week ago after being fed up with my foundation sinking into the driest bits of my skin.

Benefit claims that Dr FeelGood will make your skin velvety soft and smooth, but it made my skin feel tight and dried it out even further. My foundation looked awful.

I was expecting a lot from this product, to be fair it does smell great, but I think it is much more suited to those with very oily skin. I wish benefit had told me this before I wasted £20 on something I will probably never touch again. Perhaps I will dab it on an occasional spot to dry it out, but I could have spent much less on something with the same purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I returned this product to Sephora within a day. In the store, I liked how the product smelled and when I applied it to the back of my hand, it made it smooth. And I won't lie, the packaging is what really pushed me to buy it.

But the first morning I tried using it, I realized it was incredibly hard to apply over my whole face. It didn't blend well with the sponge, it didn't pick up hardly any of the product. It worked better with my fingers, but it got under my nails and rubbing my hands on my face is bad for the skin. Later in the day, I noticed a lot of oil in my t-zone.

Luckily, I got a full refund.