December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

DO NOT BUY THIS! somehow got conned by SA to buy this product which was suppsoedly help control oil and make make up go on more smoothly...does not do anything for skin (has weird waxy texture which logically would make skin break out more?)

tricked again by pretty gimicky benefit product :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by EriBaby1920

Ehhhh...It does nothing. I have tried this primer with different foundations and can't get it to work. To be honest, I find that as the day goes on my foundation and concealer tend to slip a bit. On a positive point, it makes clean skin really soft but since I use makeup on a regular basis, there is no point in using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by lavenderparfait

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Do NOT buy this product, no matter how much you want to! It feels so gross on your skin, almost like a layer of turkey grease. I bought it to tame redness on my face, but I scraped it off right after I put it on thanks to the feeling. I ended up giving this to my friend, who knows nothing about makeup, and she threw it away because of the greasy feeling it gave her. Such a gross product! Also, it completely clogged my pores and gave my blackheads that I'm still dealing with today. Ew!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by STAR81984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i loved this product!!!! my makeup stayed put all day. a little goes a long way!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by adored88

I have combination skin and needed a T-zone mattifier. I didn't need an all over primer and the directions for this said to apply it over your make-up, so I thought it would be a good mattifier for just my nose, chin, and forehead and I wouldn't have to 'powder my nose' for the rest of the day or even for a few hours at least....well it didn't work for me, still got the shinies after just an hour. I just felt like it did absolutely nothing, except be a waste of money. My totally full tin just sat there before I finally remembered it and threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SheKnowsItAll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I paid $30 for this stuff at Sephora after having tried it at the store.

Initially I found it impressive as it mattified my face Immediately (much like applying powder). Then I purchased it, took it home, used it the next day as recommended (on top of my finished face). An hour later, I was oily so, so much for it being an excellent mattifier on Top of makeup. The following day I decided to apply it as a primer (as I've read others to do) but I found that it didn't work well as a Primer at all as it didn't help with the application of a liquid foundation. As a matter of fact, it made it hard for my liquid foundation to actually adhere to my face. I've tried this stuff for 6 wks -both on top of my makeup and under- and I'm finally at the point where I feel like I'm beating the dead horse... it's not working, why keep trying? If I can't apply it Once in the day to keep me matte then I figure I might as well just stick with mattifying powder. At least powder doesn't make me feel like I'm clogging pores as bad as packing on This stuff.
On the up side, I've heard people say they don't like the smell. I happen to Like the smell. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by jackie414

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sales lady recommended that I use this over my makeup to 'set' it and also to provide nutrients for my skin. I have to admit that the first few times I used it, I was actually mildly impressed with the effects. However, the sponge started getting really disgusting only after the fourth use, and the product wasn't applying properly anymore and was just clumping and making a big mess on my face. I replaced the sponge and wiped off the layer of gunk that had formed on top of the product, but the product was still no good. Haven't used it since, what a waste of money...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by viviennnne

This product is amazing! I don't get why it is getting so many negative reviews.

I have been using this for about 2 weeks and I love it so much that it becomes my HG primer. I use my fingers instead of the sponge. It helps to fill in my large pores around my nose. Then my foundation will go on smoothly and my face will become flawless afterwards.

It does not get greasy or oily during the day and I don't need touch-ups at all! The scent and the packaging is lovely too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by TheCat7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not good, not good at all. Believe me.
For those of you who don't know exactly what this is, then this is a very stiff balm, kinda like stiff lip balm in texture, and it comes in a "jar" with a sponge to apply. Really, really cute packaging, but also really, really unconvenient. You are supposed to apply this balm before your makeup, or over it for touch-ups, and then the balm is supposed to smooth out the appearance of fine lines and stuff like that. This also has vitamin C.
Now on to the review.
First, I loved this. I have a bit larger pores on my nose, and with just one swipe of the sponge they were completely concealed, yet everything looked so natural. I also applied it on my forehead.
The next morning, I woke up, ready to smooth my balm all over my face again for a beautiful look... but, no. I had two breakouts on my forehead and four on my nose! It took me two weeks to get rid of those!
I did continue using this for a few more days, but I just broke out more so I decided to stop. I was sad about it, though, 'cause my other primers don't do this for my nose.
Bear in mind that usually, my skin is not very sensitive, just kinda in between. I have also heard many great reviews on this, so if you don't have sensitive skin, go ahead and try this. However, if your skin is prone to acne and breakouts (which mine is not, though) then I advise you to stay away from this.
The scent is rather strong, like citrusy, very nice.
Another bad thing is the sponge. It gets dirty after you use it just one or two times.
Overall, this really did smoothe out fine lines and especially pores (maybe by clogging them...), but it broke me out terribly (I usually don't break out a lot). Also the sponge applicator is not really great. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by miien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually don't really like this product. I bought it because a make up artist in the Sephora store advised me to buy it. It smells good and when I put the dr feelgood on my face it feels very soft, like a baby skin, but for the rest there's nothing special about the product.