Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 8/26/2010 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This summer has COMPLETELY changed for me since I've started using this. No more embarrassing under arm marks at work and shirt stains! I apply this about every third day... that's all. Yes, the bottle of it is expensive, but it will last you a lot longer than any other antiperspirant.

The only thing is when I first starting using it, I got irritated under my arms when I woke up in the morning after applying it after bed. It would get really itchy and I'd be compelled to scratch it, but I've mostly grown out of that stage. A small price to pay :)

on 8/14/2010 6:54:00 PM

This product worked for only a year but than it stopped working and I began sweating a lot again.

on 8/11/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Let me begin by saying I have searched high and low for an antiperspirant/deodorant that would keep me dry and stink free and I have finally found it with Certain Dri along with Mitchum Smart Solid. I have used all of the clinical strenght deodorants with no success, I would even put rubbing alcohol under my arms sometimes before I put on deodorant hoping it would work better. I wouldn't sweat too much, but I definitely got stinky no matter how many times I showered or what deodorant I was using. No sweat=no bacteria party=no stink. Certain Dri can be EXTREMELY irritating. The trick is to apply a tiny bit. The roll on can be kind of messy, so i roll it onto a cotton pad and then blot in onto my underarms. I learned that the hard way. When I first started using it I would put a ton on and my armpits got extremely dry to the point where they were flakey and very irritated, but I stuck with it. Definitely do not use it right after you shave or take a shower, your under arms have to be dry.

on 8/1/2010 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

All the things the other reviewers said are true:
Life changing! I used to think I can never wear sleeveless tops again because I sweat SO much that I don't want to expose my underarms. In the end, I got bad odor and dark underarms because of keeping it closed. My former antiperspirant/deodorant couldn't handle it and I would be smelly by the end of the day.
When I used Certain Dri, I could go a day without any deodorant at all! And of course, the smell went away, too. That's amazing. Now I can do and wear whatever I want without worrying about the wetness and odor. Itchiness occurs randomly and seldomly for me.

on 7/25/2010 6:12:00 PM

I love certain dri. It is the only thing that actually works for me, I use it after I shower (usually at night) and it works! I use whatever deodorant I have lying around in the morning, but if i forget, it doesn't really matter anyway. Huge believer in certain dri. I think it works just as well as drysol.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my favorite antiperspirant because it has no fragrance and since you apply it the night before and shower in the morning, it leave absolutely no residue on skin or clothing. Also, it really does last for 72 hours - I only have apply it 2-3 ties per week! One bottle lasts for months and months so it's not a rip off at all.

on 7/4/2010 2:21:00 AM

I love this product. I have tried every deodorant you can think of and this is the only one that works for me.

on 7/4/2010 2:00:00 AM

I would apply this on if the weather is going to be hot or I know I would be working out and this works like a miracle! Unlike some reviewers here who may need a few days before this product starts to work, mine works almost instantly! sometimes I would forget to put this on in the night and can only apply it during the morning, but it still stops sweating pretty good! I recommended it to a friend and she's been in love with this product too :D definitely buying this again!

on 6/28/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works- but only for a while. Now I have found that Secret Clinical Strength Waterproof does it for me. And I DONT have to apply at bedtime only like you do CertainDri. I happen to enjoy applying deodorant after my shower in the morning...call me crazy...

on 6/14/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this over the past few years. It's the only anti-perspirant that's ever actually stopped me from sweating. Fantastic.

Some tips and thoughts on usage.... It takes about two-three days for it to start working from when you start using it, so don't be discouraged if the first day or two you're still sweaty. Also, depending how sensitive your skin is, your underarms will either be itchy or sting like mad the first few times you use it. I find that if I stop using it for a week or so and then start back, I'll have to deal with the itchies for a day but then it subsides.

Never, ever, ever use this within an hour or two of shaving your underarms. Seriously. If you've showered/shaved right before bed just skip applying it for a night. The manufacturer touts "72 hours" of protection, and I've found that to be fairly accurate. Skipping one or maybe two days of application isn't a big deal.

This stuff will discolor some clothing, unfortunately. I've noticed it particularly on light blue shirts. If you let it dry on your underarms before putting a shirt on you can avoid this problem, but I'm impatient and don't always wait long enough.

So yes, there are some cons. If you only "glow" or perspire slightly, you may not want to bother. But if you *sweat* and hate it, go buy this NOW. Life changing. Seriously.