Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a recent convert to EDM from Bare Escentuals, and i dont see myself going back to BE (for the foundations- i still love BE's eye shadows and liners!). It seems like EDM goes on smoother, doesnt make me itch (i only had itching issues when wearing BE in the summertime when i am sweaty or when exercising). From the colors i have tried (there are so many foundation colors!!!!) it seems that 'soft butter peach' is my match right now, and the 'matte' formula works best for me, although i have used 'semi-matte', but more so on days when i dont need as much coverage. There is also an 'original glo' formula, that has more of a sheen to it (as ALL bare escentual foundations), but less coverage, and an 'intensive' formula for the most coverage, although i have not tried it yet. As the packaging goes, its not better or worse than other loose powder mineral makeup. The price cannot be beat for such good quallity foundation. And a little goes a long way- i have been using the 'sample sizes' that i received in the free sample kit, for the past month, and i still have not run out!!! I am definitly going to stick with EDM for my foundation, and my next step is buying the full size product, thanks to the great 'free sample kit' program they have.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like everyday minerals. I have been using the semi-mate foundation for two years, before that i used BE. Everyday minerals in much better than BE and does not itch when you get sweaty . I began using the matte foundation because I been getting really oily lately with the semi-matte. The Matte foundation is okay. It makes me less oily, I just wish the coverage was better. It works best for me if i do several light layers then spray with evian. Intensive is much better for coverage, but if you have large pores it makes them more noticable.

This stuff broke me out badly after just using it for one time. I even got pimples on my face which I normally don't. It's too drying for me and matte is very mask like.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i just ordered the trial set and idk nothing rly special about this product. maybe the only thing i like about mineral fundation is that u dont need remove ur makeup. u can just use normal everyday cleanser to wash it off. thats the only thing i like since pretty convenient. for the formula itself, kinda caky and look fake when u apply too more. but if u just apply a lil on ur face, its like no big change. not rly special to me tho, recmmended liquid fundation more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i LOVELOVELOVE this! everyday minerals is GREAT!
i love this matte formula:) its the besttt<3
the ONLY fault is that the packaging its just ok.
its kinda messy but what mineral makeup isnt? :-p
it looks sooo natural! i get so so so many comments a day
on how smooth and flawless my skin looks:)
EDM is BY FAR my FAVORITE foundation:)
dont hesitate to buy it!
and if you are a little uneasy about it, go to the
website and click the Custom Kits link. you can get free samples:)

I love the matte finish foundation! Most MMU looks really shimmery to me, which I can't stand, but this is very nice, and high quality. They also have twice as many shades are bareMinerals, and it is half the price.

I don't think I could have picked a better product for my first review!! I have, in my opinion, the WORST skin in the history of skin. It's super acne prone, very fair, crater-like pores, beyond sensitive, and can go from extremely oily to dry and flaky. I refuse to go out of the house without foundation and have worn it ever since my mother allowed me to wear makeup (I'm guessing about eight years). I mostly used drugstore brand foundations, Covergirl, Maybelline, L’Oreal, etc. with the occasional "splurge" for a department store brand, Clinique, Estee Lauder, bareMinerals. No matter which one I used it never seemed to be enough.. Then I stumbled upon Makeup Alley and, thankfully, Everyday Minerals. WOW!! Absolutely amazing, the coverage is perfect, it camouflages my blemishes, fills in my pores beautifully, and keeps my skin from becoming an oily mess. It hasn't irritated or worsened my skin at all, which is astounding considering my history with foundations. The packaging is a little troublesome, but I think that is to be expected with all powder foundations. Finding my right color was a little hard (I'm still working on it) I'm currently using Multi-Tasking Neutral from the cool family, but after receiving my FREE sample kit (LOVE by the way!!) I think that Sandy-Fair from the beige family is more suited for me.
Bottom line- An AMAZING product for the price!! If you are unsure about buying the full sized product order the FREE SAMPLE KIT!! You only have to pay for the shipping and handling, and who can say no to free stuff. Try it, you wont be disappointed!! :)

I ordered the matte foundation in their free sample. I just can not wear mineral foundations. They all tend to sink into every pore I have so my skin looks like the surface of an orange. It also turned into a shiny mess within 30 minutes. Not matte at all. Not the case at all with cream or liquid foundation. I'm disappointed because my skin is actually in really good condition thanks to Differin...much more smooth and less oily.

I consider myself very pale, and I got a sample of this in fair and it was too light for me even in winter, almost white. I can't speak to coverage because all the sample shades I got were too pale.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! After all on the buzz on mineral makeup and a few of my friends who recommend Bare Minerals, I thought I'd give it a try. Then I saw the price tag (ek!) and did some more research. lol. I am so glad I found Everyday Minerals. It's all I was looking for: cheap, medium coverage with a light feeling.

I have a very oily t-zone and dry spots on the sides of my nose, and jawline. I also don't break out much...just a few during that time of the month. I start with an Olay moisturizer, smooth on Boots No.7 Mattifying base on my t-zone, buff on EDM (medium tan) foundation and finish with the Start to finish Soft Bronze.

I only find myself blotting 1-2 times a day as opposed to every hour like before. I powder once more during the late evening. The remainder of my makeup is still intact by night. As I am still looking for a better mattifying base, this seems to work the best for me at the moment. A true test would be how well this all works out during the summer.