Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 12/19/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i LOVELOVELOVE this! everyday minerals is GREAT!
i love this matte formula:) its the besttt<3
the ONLY fault is that the packaging its just ok.
its kinda messy but what mineral makeup isnt? :-p
it looks sooo natural! i get so so so many comments a day
on how smooth and flawless my skin looks:)
EDM is BY FAR my FAVORITE foundation:)
dont hesitate to buy it!
and if you are a little uneasy about it, go to the
website and click the Custom Kits link. you can get free samples:)

on 12/19/2008 7:32:00 PM

I love the matte finish foundation! Most MMU looks really shimmery to me, which I can't stand, but this is very nice, and high quality. They also have twice as many shades are bareMinerals, and it is half the price.

I don't think I could have picked a better product for my first review!! I have, in my opinion, the WORST skin in the history of skin. It's super acne prone, very fair, crater-like pores, beyond sensitive, and can go from extremely oily to dry and flaky. I refuse to go out of the house without foundation and have worn it ever since my mother allowed me to wear makeup (I'm guessing about eight years). I mostly used drugstore brand foundations, Covergirl, Maybelline, L’Oreal, etc. with the occasional "splurge" for a department store brand, Clinique, Estee Lauder, bareMinerals. No matter which one I used it never seemed to be enough.. Then I stumbled upon Makeup Alley and, thankfully, Everyday Minerals. WOW!! Absolutely amazing, the coverage is perfect, it camouflages my blemishes, fills in my pores beautifully, and keeps my skin from becoming an oily mess. It hasn't irritated or worsened my skin at all, which is astounding considering my history with foundations. The packaging is a little troublesome, but I think that is to be expected with all powder foundations. Finding my right color was a little hard (I'm still working on it) I'm currently using Multi-Tasking Neutral from the cool family, but after receiving my FREE sample kit (LOVE by the way!!) I think that Sandy-Fair from the beige family is more suited for me.
Bottom line- An AMAZING product for the price!! If you are unsure about buying the full sized product order the FREE SAMPLE KIT!! You only have to pay for the shipping and handling, and who can say no to free stuff. Try it, you wont be disappointed!! :)

I ordered the matte foundation in their free sample. I just can not wear mineral foundations. They all tend to sink into every pore I have so my skin looks like the surface of an orange. It also turned into a shiny mess within 30 minutes. Not matte at all. Not the case at all with cream or liquid foundation. I'm disappointed because my skin is actually in really good condition thanks to Differin...much more smooth and less oily.

on 12/8/2008 12:08:00 PM

I consider myself very pale, and I got a sample of this in fair and it was too light for me even in winter, almost white. I can't speak to coverage because all the sample shades I got were too pale.

on 12/5/2008 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! After all on the buzz on mineral makeup and a few of my friends who recommend Bare Minerals, I thought I'd give it a try. Then I saw the price tag (ek!) and did some more research. lol. I am so glad I found Everyday Minerals. It's all I was looking for: cheap, medium coverage with a light feeling.

I have a very oily t-zone and dry spots on the sides of my nose, and jawline. I also don't break out much...just a few during that time of the month. I start with an Olay moisturizer, smooth on Boots No.7 Mattifying base on my t-zone, buff on EDM (medium tan) foundation and finish with the Start to finish Soft Bronze.

I only find myself blotting 1-2 times a day as opposed to every hour like before. I powder once more during the late evening. The remainder of my makeup is still intact by night. As I am still looking for a better mattifying base, this seems to work the best for me at the moment. A true test would be how well this all works out during the summer.

on 11/30/2008 4:58:00 PM

My skin isn't that oily, but this melts right off. It doesn't last nearly as long as Bare Minerals. It only lasts about 4 hours. Bare Minerals lasts about 12 hours! Am I doing something wrong?

on 11/29/2008 11:08:00 AM

I have EM foundation in matte and intensive. Neither of them is good!

I wanted a good foundation for my skin that's why I tried mineral foundation. EM foundation is very drying. I have very oily skin and no matter how moisturized my skin is, the foundation still shows fine lines (I'm talking about those tiny lines for facial expression) which makes me look much older, I also tried spraying Shu Uemura depsea water but no luck. The worst part comes when my skin starts to get oily during the day, it's a very strange feeling! My skin is oily and dry at the same time!!!

Now I use the matte one to mix with moisturizer, it gives a perfect tinted mois but I still don't know what to do with the intensive formula.

I think I will try Jane Iredale mineral foundation. Ppl are raving about it and it's expensive. After trying EM foundation I believe there is a good reason why sth is more expensive than others. I might still buy the matte formula to mix with my moisturizer though.

on 11/21/2008 11:25:00 AM

unfortunately this did not work out for me. and its not due to lack of effort on my part! ive tried it with different brushes, primers, application techniques etc. no matter what i do, im left looking like i am wearing makeup.

so i start out sheer and lightly buff in a tiny amount all over my face. the coverage is good and my color is a perfect match (fair?). but already im looking a bit cakey and my pores are standing out like tiny dark holes. second time over, i buff in a little extra over any problem areas and now im reeally looking mask-like, and my pores are even more evident.

in the end, i swipe over the whole mess with a dusting of loose powder, still hoping to fill in those exposed pores somehow, and it just sits over the EM, contributing to this mask of makeup which now appears to be about an inch thick, yet, miraculously, there my pores still are, as large and obvious as ever.

im definitely glad they give you the opportunity to sample this, and i looove the idea of such a minimal ingredients list, but i cant make this look good. im gonna pass it on to my mom who has invisible pores and just needs something to brighten up her skintone a little, so maybe she will have a little more luck with it. as for me, im sticking with NYC's smooth minerals which is the best foundation ive found so far--truly matte, lightweight, great color match. it isnt as pure ingredients-wise as EM but maybe its that touch of fillers that actually smoothes out my complexion?

on 11/17/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using EDM for about 3 months. This is my first mineral foundation and I like it. I put a primer on first, the spray my brush with evian water spray and dip it into the cover of the makeup and just dot my face where i need the coverage and buff it. It comes out natural, and it's the only foundation that fades the least on me during the day. I still get a tiny bit oily but thats just because of my skin type. Havent broken me out yet.