October 2, 2014 | 1055 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by marnie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I consider myself very pale, and I got a sample of this in fair and it was too light for me even in winter, almost white. I can't speak to coverage because all the sample shades I got were too pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by stargrfx22

I love this stuff! After all on the buzz on mineral makeup and a few of my friends who recommend Bare Minerals, I thought I'd give it a try. Then I saw the price tag (ek!) and did some more research. lol. I am so glad I found Everyday Minerals. It's all I was looking for: cheap, medium coverage with a light feeling.

I have a very oily t-zone and dry spots on the sides of my nose, and jawline. I also don't break out much...just a few during that time of the month. I start with an Olay moisturizer, smooth on Boots No.7 Mattifying base on my t-zone, buff on EDM (medium tan) foundation and finish with the Start to finish Soft Bronze.

I only find myself blotting 1-2 times a day as opposed to every hour like before. I powder once more during the late evening. The remainder of my makeup is still intact by night. As I am still looking for a better mattifying base, this seems to work the best for me at the moment. A true test would be how well this all works out during the summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

My skin isn't that oily, but this melts right off. It doesn't last nearly as long as Bare Minerals. It only lasts about 4 hours. Bare Minerals lasts about 12 hours! Am I doing something wrong?

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have EM foundation in matte and intensive. Neither of them is good!

I wanted a good foundation for my skin that's why I tried mineral foundation. EM foundation is very drying. I have very oily skin and no matter how moisturized my skin is, the foundation still shows fine lines (I'm talking about those tiny lines for facial expression) which makes me look much older, I also tried spraying Shu Uemura depsea water but no luck. The worst part comes when my skin starts to get oily during the day, it's a very strange feeling! My skin is oily and dry at the same time!!!

Now I use the matte one to mix with moisturizer, it gives a perfect tinted mois but I still don't know what to do with the intensive formula.

I think I will try Jane Iredale mineral foundation. Ppl are raving about it and it's expensive. After trying EM foundation I believe there is a good reason why sth is more expensive than others. I might still buy the matte formula to mix with my moisturizer though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

unfortunately this did not work out for me. and its not due to lack of effort on my part! ive tried it with different brushes, primers, application techniques etc. no matter what i do, im left looking like i am wearing makeup.

so i start out sheer and lightly buff in a tiny amount all over my face. the coverage is good and my color is a perfect match (fair?). but already im looking a bit cakey and my pores are standing out like tiny dark holes. second time over, i buff in a little extra over any problem areas and now im reeally looking mask-like, and my pores are even more evident.

in the end, i swipe over the whole mess with a dusting of loose powder, still hoping to fill in those exposed pores somehow, and it just sits over the EM, contributing to this mask of makeup which now appears to be about an inch thick, yet, miraculously, there my pores still are, as large and obvious as ever.

im definitely glad they give you the opportunity to sample this, and i looove the idea of such a minimal ingredients list, but i cant make this look good. im gonna pass it on to my mom who has invisible pores and just needs something to brighten up her skintone a little, so maybe she will have a little more luck with it. as for me, im sticking with NYC's smooth minerals which is the best foundation ive found so far--truly matte, lightweight, great color match. it isnt as pure ingredients-wise as EM but maybe its that touch of fillers that actually smoothes out my complexion?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hammevo

I've been using EDM for about 3 months. This is my first mineral foundation and I like it. I put a primer on first, the spray my brush with evian water spray and dip it into the cover of the makeup and just dot my face where i need the coverage and buff it. It comes out natural, and it's the only foundation that fades the least on me during the day. I still get a tiny bit oily but thats just because of my skin type. Havent broken me out yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by yoganut1967

I have combo skin and have always had a problem with blemishes on my chin and neck. I've been using this product line for about 10 months - wouldn't have known about this company except for MUA. I love it! The shipping is very fast and dependable. The quality of the makeup is excellent. My blemishes are not nearly as bad as they used to be using other cosmetics. I have tried the Intensive versions of the foundations and will stick with the Matte. My only gripe is that my face tends to get itchy if I'm using the Intensive and I get hot. I love the colors - my complexion is NC 25-30 with pinkish/beige undertones. In the summer I use Beige Medium Neutral now that I no longer have a tan I'm mixing Fair Medium with it. Thats another feature I love is the size you can order the products in. I ordered 1 small of each of the above colors and mixed them half and half. That will probably last me at LEAST 6-7 weeks of everyday use.
As far as the jars - what I do is go to a craft store and buy the craft screw top jars - the stackable ones and empty each powder in them. I then label them with stickers. Abit extra work but for the quality of the cosmetics -isn't it worth it?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by 1prettygirl

I have pretty dry skin, so it is probably not the best that I use loose powder foundation. This product is something else though! Never have I experienced driness on my face quite like this with other brand of mineral makeup. My cheeks feel so tight that I can almost feel them cracking as I make facial expressions.

I bought like four of these because the website encourages to mix and create your own colour suitable for your skintone, and since I had no way of testing the product, that was what I did.

What a waste...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

For those who experience dry and blotchy patching with this foundation: you have to exfoliate and moisturize well before you apply this foundation. If you do, this foundation will do wonders for you. I am still not certain if it clogs my pores or something else does. It is hard to say with all the face products that I use.
Overall, I like the foundation a lot. Feels very light on my skin, and gives a good coverage. Maybe they can perfect it a bit more, and make it somehow even finer?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used this product for about 8 months and it wasn't until the end till I realized it was the clogging my pores. I always wonder my acne got worse and worse and it was because of this powder.

After applying, I would look really matte but after 1 hour, I looked like an oil slick. It was disgusting.

The formula is sheer and you have to pack it on if you have any acne scars.

Although the application was pretty easy, it got messy especially on the counters when powder would fly off. I wish there was a top that would prevent the powder from coming out of the sifter especially when travelling.