November 26, 2014 | 1732 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is literally NOTHING like this product and no other sponge performs remotely like it. None of the "knockoffs" are anything like the real deal. The material they use is seriously amazing. It puffs up perfectly, bounces perfectly on the skin, and blends my makeup perfectly, and with proper cleaning will last a REALLY long time. I stockpile them now, and keep two in my "active use" cup, so that one is always clean and ready to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't get me wrong, I love my beauty blender....but it is awful expensive for this little sponge. My sister has the Cynthia Rawley egg shaped beauty sponge that she got at TJ Maxx. Her version works just as well, grows in size with water, is very soft and blends concealer brilliantly. Back to beauty blender, love the finish it gives. It is very gentle and feels good on the face. The point of the egg shape is perfect for finishing concealer under the eyes or use the big round part of the egg to stipple foundation on. As with all sponges, this does soak up your product. When cleaning my sponge I was actually able to squeeze globs of my foundation out of it. But....its a sponge....that's what they do. I am not sure if I would repurchase. Since I have so many brushes and tools I would probably be inclined to try a cheaper version like the real techniques sponge instead.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are several things about this sponge that I really like. The first being the shape. The sponge is shaped like an egg and the pointier end of the sponge makes is easy to get a nice finish with foundation around the eyes, nose, and mouth. I also like how bouncy the sponge is and how it creates an airbrushed look and finish. However, the sponge does tend to deteriorate very quickly and never stopped bleeding color when I had to wash it. I used the sponge about twice a week for two weeks before it started to fall apart. I also did not like how it absorbed so much product and I felt like I was wasting a lot of foundation. The price makes this a product that I would not re-buy because it just does not last long enough to justify the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the finish, how ever if you use a foundation that is silicone based, this thing will get damaged and absorb all the silicone...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I asked my sister to buy this for me for Christmas. I have been intrigued by this product for years, but could never fork over the $20 to buy it. Seems like such a waste for what it was....a pink sponge. I could buy a whole bag of cosmetic sponges for $6 at Sallys. Why did I need this sponge?

The answer is I really didn't. It performs well and I like that it is reusable, but its really no better than a nice cosmetic wedge sponge. I mean don't get me wrong...I like it. I'm glad I got to try it, but am I addicted...no. Foundation goes on nicely, but my foundation doesn't seem to last as long when I use the sponge. It looks wonderful for a few hours and then the foundation seems to disintegrate faster than normal.

The sponge itself is well made and seems like it will last awhile. It does get stained with foundation and it looks sort of gross afterwards, but it is a sponge so those sorts of things will happen. It is relatively easy to clean. I heard that shaving soap works well to clean them and I'm going to try that because I don't want to buy the beautyblender cleansers as they are expensive.

The sponge does have pink dye that washes away when you squeeze it, but I have not noted any transferring of pink to my face. I know some people have expressed concerns about that, but believe me I think it is just a false worry.

All in all I would give the product a 3.5. I debated giving it a 4, but didn't because I reserve 4 and 5 for products I'm completely enamored with. I haven't fallen in love with this "magical" sponge, but I will update you if I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I totally see what all the fuss is about! Finally got the real thing, and I have never, ever looked better. It is easy to use and I find I actually use much less makeup then I did before. I agree with the reviewer who said this is idiot-proof! This does not sacrifice full coverage or sheer makeup out---I hate to use the word "airbrushed" but for now that will have to do. It's really me? That was my first thought when I started using it. I look like the best me I could be as far as outer beauty is concerned. Cleaning it--ok that one I struggle with- I am afflicted with some type of minor neat freak disorder I am sure!---and have tried all kinds of stuff to get it pristine except splurge for their own cleanser and that will not happen at this point! It is stained already. Still, I cannot prune a rating point off for that. Well worth the investment. You will not be sorry.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this out of curiosity given all the hype, but found that its only useful for very sheer application and it takes lots of practice to get the application even.

However, it also absorbs WAY too much foundation (even after wetting it and squeezing out the excess) and its impossible to keep clean. It took a lot of time and repeated doses of baby shampoo to get this clean (more wasted product) and yet it still wasn't completely clean.

Bottom line is my buffing brush (I use Urban Decay good karma optical blurring brush) gives me excellent coverage without the fuss, and quick and easy to clean, so I'll be sticking with that.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Vmh0925

Anybody that trues to persuade you into buying a cheap sponge or a dupe and claims that it works just as good as the original BeautyBlender is either a peddler or has never tried the original!!! No other sponge compares to this one. Not the Sonia Kashuk one, the SOHO NY one nor the ones you get at discount stores like Marshalls or Ross! Buy the original. Its pricey but its worth it.

It makes cream and liquid foundation application easier and blendable. With proper use it creates a seamless, flawless, full coverage look. Ive also used it to set my makeup with MSF or BEN NYE powders when i ran out of wedge sponges.

Make sure you use it dampened, not wet. This sponge is reusable so I suggest you invest in the cleanser as well. If youre a Pro Makeup Artist, i dont recommend buying the pink one. Even when its clean it looks stained and that can look really unprofessional.

I personally love this sponge. I will run through a fire to get another one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really great for foundation. I encourage you to try it - especially if you are new to makeup. Goof proof and worst case scenario you can return it. Sephora is great about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes applying foundation idiot proof. I always had a hard time making foundation look natural. The best I could do was using the "pour foundation into hands, rub together, rub all over your face" method. When I used sponges I ended up with lines. When I used brushes the look was mask like. Using my hands wasted a ton of product and always left me with weirdness around my eyebrows and hairline.

The beauty blender puts on a very light, even amount of foundation. You can easily blend out any patches that are too thick. It requires no skill. I've played around with different methods but they all work about the same. Just put some foundation on your hand, dab the beauty blender in it and then bounce it all over you face until it looks good. It's really that easy. I use it to blend out my under eye concealer as well.

I was shocked at how little make up I needed to cover my whole face. I often ran out when using other methods because I was putting it on too thick.

I'm really happy I purchased this. I felt stupid leaving the store with a twenty dollar sponge, but I've used it nearly every time I've put on makeup since. It's improved my overall look more than any other makeup item.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No