L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

So far this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. and I've tried Laura Mercier, Bare Escentials, Neutrogena. It covers better than LM and BE and gives me a nice glow. I get compliments on my skin from using this stuff. If I apply too much of it though, my skin tends to become flakey.

I love this foundation! I have really bad acne, and this covers it up pretty well without looking all cakey and, for lack of a better word, makeupy. I use Soft Ivory which is the lightest shade. Unfortunatly it is about a half shade darker than my porcelain skin (which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5). So even though this stuff is dang expensive, it is much cheaper than foundations that are made especially for fair skin. If you are proudly pale and want a foundation that can easily be found in stores, I definitely recommend this!

on 1/30/2011 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

An overall great product for my pale, oily complexion. The color match rocks, and it stays on all day while covering any redness I have.

on 1/24/2011 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LOVE the "Classic Tan" color.

Lightly applied, it gives a matte sheer natural-looking glow to skin year-round.

Put too much powder and it can be drying , and look caked on.

The lighter shades are a drier formula. Possibly to do with clay content.

(Make sure you clean your brush, if it cakes on your brush you won't get a smooth application)

I always put on a moisturizer before I use this. And spritz with rosewater/orangeblossom water to set it in.

Also another comparable product that's milled finer than this is the MineralPureMakeup "Instant Tan" ..

on 1/21/2011 7:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! It makes my skin look flawless, and soft ivory matches my tone perfectly. It keeps my face from getting shiny and I barely remember that I have it on the rest of the day... it lasts pretty long, too. Unfortunately in some countries in Europe they only sell 4 shades of this powder, so I have to get it shipped from the US... worth it though!

on 1/13/2011 2:40:00 AM

I love this foundation, my skin looks natural but smooth and poreless. But I took away 1 lippie because I think it's clogging my pore, most powder clog my pore anyway. But overall, it's a very good mineral powder.

on 1/13/2011 2:05:00 AM

i was looking for a white matte finishing powder to set my foundation with, this works very well, and i'd buy it again, the only thing i hate about it is the packaging, it could just be me, but i have trouble taking the minerals out of the sifter. i hate the brush as well, it is stiff and unusable, i use my own powder brush. other than that, i like it alot, no shine, just a nice finishing powder, i bought it in the translucent white color.

on 1/10/2011 6:25:00 PM

i love this powder! i only use this i dont not use foundation and this gives me really good coverage i do use a concealer under my eyes and if i have a few little spots but everyone always thinks i have perfect skin and while i dont have bad skin this makes my skin look flawless. i have pretty dry skin so i dont worry about my face getting oily. i also have fair skin with olive undrtones and i can always find a match to my skin in summer and winter. the only thing i dont like about this makeup is the packaging! theres really no were to tap the excess powder and sumtimes theres alot that comes out but i just use a seperate powder brush to apply it not the one that it comes with and i tap the excess in a little tin lid i have. but i love the make up ive tryed others that broek me out and dont give me good coverage and this dosent break me out. its not expensive so if ur wondering i would definatly give it a try!

on 1/10/2011 12:28:00 AM

great foundation. had it for half a year now and it hasn't made me break out.
i literally get the comment "your face looks like its glowing" when i put this on.
i wish it would stay on my face little longer though

on 1/6/2011 8:56:00 AM

i like this one cos its soooo easy to apply on the go before work, i literally do it in one minute. i think its best to use during the day for a light-med coverage, natural looking. i always use moisturizer and primer beforehand though, otherwise it can be a little drying to apply. i also found it quite nice on my combination skin, not really getting pimples from it. im probably on my 3rd one already.

the brush is a little rough on the face, but i think its good with powdered foundation, because some pressure certainly helps set it. only thing i dont like about it is probably the powder going everywhere whenever i flip it over, tap the extra powder from the brush... its especially annoying when it falls on clothes cos if you rub it, it gets worse, tapping and shaking are better but may not get it all off. so messiness is quite a problem, for me at least. but still worth it for sure!