Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/24/2009 6:57:00 PM

Heyy its Marissa!

Okay, so first off, Great Lash Mascara? Yeah, this mascara is 'good' at its best. The only reason I bought this was because I needed a waterproof mascara and thought I'd give it a try. Big mistake. This mascara does nothing, absolutely nothing for my lashes. The brush is so small and you need to go over your lashes 3 or 4 times to get a decent look. And even then the lashes look clumpy! And waterproof? Ha! I got splashed at a pool and this mascara started dripping to my chin. The overall product was just so terrible, i threw it out after two uses. i beg of you- stay clear of "Great" Lash Mascara!

-xo

on 4/13/2009 3:44:00 AM

my first ever mascara and its a pretty good 'first' mascara because the small wand is so easy to work with. gives pretty good volume and a little length but it starts to look shit after more than 3 coats. the best thing about this mascara is that its actually waterproof, ive worn it in the shower and it managed to stay on. only way for me to remove this one is with vaseline.

if i ever need a waterproof mascara, ill probably reach for this one

on 4/12/2009 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty Good Lash -- that's what it should be called instead of Great Lash or maybe The Multi-Tasker.

It's very waterproof, it truly holds a curl for all day, and the black pigment is such an intense black that it makes my lashes look thicker at the base and longer at the tips. The formula is not as thick and goopy as others (many reviewers describe it as "wet"). The brush is not a thick one with a lot of bristles, but is more like a swirly, narrow arrangement of bristles (like a spiral staircase). The sparse bristles and the wet formula make the application of GL relatively clump free -- no messy, goopy brush.

When I first bought this mascara several years ago, I really couldn't understand why so many people love it. GL so over-hyped that I was terribly disappointed with it over all. I decided to try it again this month, and it is really a pretty good WP mascara. I may buy it again eventually -- whenever I don't feel like experimenting with a new one!

on 4/7/2009 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first mascara I purchased and I hated it so much, I swore off mascara for years after it. It was clumpy and difficult to remove, and since this was supposed to be the "#1 mascara in America" I didn't even want to try another one.

Luckily, I have since found a mascara that I love (Imju Fiberwig) and I hate Great Lash for scaring me off for so long.

I wonder if the regular formula is better...

on 4/3/2009 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Back when I was a make up newbie and hadn't heard of MUA, I read a review in a teen mag where make up artists were raving about Great Lash. So I decided to give it a go!

In retrospect, I don't know why there's so much hype about this mascara. It's really not that great - it's quite liquidy and takes too long to dry, IMO. I'd always end up with smudges because I'd blink my eyes. It doesn't lengthen or thicken either, not to mention that clumps a lot.

on 3/28/2009 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this as my base coat and although I it isn't and HG with me, its what I've found that will hold the curl to my lashes.

on 3/15/2009 2:37:00 PM

I bought this because I heard it was an outstanding mascara. But really it's pretty average. There isn't anything great about it, but it does work decently. B

on 3/15/2009 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised that this has such a low overall rating. Maybe it is not the best mascara ever, but it is definately its money's worth (unlike other products). It adds a bit of volume, a lot of curl AND lasts through sweat. It doesn't smudge at all after it dries. The brush is great for the lash edges too, because it is small. It may not be my favorite, but perfect for days when you want your mascara to stay put. I will be repurchasing it.

on 3/15/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh my goodness! I've been combating racoon eyes for the last three weeks and blaming my Paula's Choice concealer the whole time. I wouldn't think that a waterproof mascara would do this to me. It's so embarrassing because after class I have to dart straight into the bathroom to fix the inevitable damage. I've added tons of powder over my concealer and nothing worked. After reading reviews of other's racoon eyes this junk is going straight into my garbage right now!

on 1/16/2009 12:31:00 PM

I'm not sure what all the fuss is with Great Lash. Although it is definitely very waterproof (unless I've used a lot of eye gloss/moisturiser) it didn't really impress otherwise. The brush is quite small which is nifty for getting corner lashes. When it was new it made my eyelashes look quite thin/shiny/spikey looking. I've found that it works much better when the tube is a bit old and dried because it adds more volume to the lash and looks overall more natural and full.