April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Mittenstring

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what all the fuss is with Great Lash. Although it is definitely very waterproof (unless I've used a lot of eye gloss/moisturiser) it didn't really impress otherwise. The brush is quite small which is nifty for getting corner lashes. When it was new it made my eyelashes look quite thin/shiny/spikey looking. I've found that it works much better when the tube is a bit old and dried because it adds more volume to the lash and looks overall more natural and full.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, it's great value for money. It's as good as or better than other more expensive mascaras that I've tried. It doesn't clump, give me long dark lashes. I use the waterproof one, mainly because I'm always in the water (I'm a diving instructor) and it never runs - the flipside of this is that it's really hard to shift at the end of the day even with a good eye makeup remover but I'd rather that than have it running down my face.

I can't imagine finding a mascara much better than this one. The only other one I've found compares is BeneFit Bad Gal which is at least 3 times the price and not waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by twink91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this for years. It isn't wet at all which the main thing I like about it. I have straight eyelashes, so I curl first, then apply. My lashes stay curled all day. Most waterproof mascaras are hard to remove, if they're doing their job, therefore you use a makeup remover to take it off. In my opinion, it's the best and it's inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 7:06:00 AM More reviews by rosiexox

I was quite impressed by this product. It doesn't flake off like other mascaras sometimes do and I liked the fact that it dries quite quickly (I had a mascara before this one which took agess to dry so I ended up with mascara lines all around my eye). Another thing I liked was the fact it doesn't go clumpy when I put it on. I did think it lengthened my lashes (not as well as some more expensive mascaras though) and overall I thought it was good value for money.
The one thing I found negative about it was that it's not really waterproof. I can remove it with warm water quite easily so I probably wouldn't want to wear this if I was going swimming or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by EbiRamen

I only bought this because:

1.It was near the register
2.Its been around the block
3.Good old mumzi used it!

I saw it and thought, “could this be a steal, worthy of replacing Miss. Clinique!!!” I didn't like the fact that it left little black flakes around my eyes. It's definitely not voluminous or thickening...it's good enough to just throw in my tote for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I too am surprised about the negative reviews. This is a nice, light formula that indeed as one of the reviewers stated below, gives a nice feathery and full look to the lashes. I seldom wear mascara on bottom lashes so I can't vouch for smudging there, but I've had no smudging while walking in misty/drizzling rain almost on a daily basis. All WP mascaras are difficult to remove in my experience so I use Ponds' Cold Cream for this one, which helps to avoid breakage and conditions too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My lashes are already long so I was looking for something that holds a curl and stays on all day - this definitely does and is not hard to remove at the end of the day. It gives a little volume, defines, and the brush is good for getting to all the lashes without any clumps. The formula is quite light and drier, so it doesn't weigh lashes down. I curl my lashes before using this, and I like the pretty lash look it gives. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

My lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions.
I love Maybelline mascaras but the first experience I had with Great Lash Waterproof was TERRIBLE.
However, I am very susceptible to marketing so I bought it once again. This mascara is quite good for a natural look. It holds my artificially curled (Shu Uemura) eyelashes perfectly. It gives a decent amount of volume and length. The price is awesome too and I do find the packaging lovely and I love the tiny brush.
The only cons I found was that it's a tad harder to remove than my other favorite mascaras (Lash Stiletto, Colossal, The Falsies, all waterproof) but with my Nivea waterproof eye make up remover + mineral oil it's not really a problem. Normally I prefer a mascara that gives my eyelashes more drama but for the price, I would definitely recommend Great Lash Waterproof mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin, and all mascara's I have tried are never smudge free, in addition I am also Asian (oriental) which means I have very short and thin lashes. After researching all mascaras availble on the market I decided to try Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara as all most reviews on this product was excellent. I really hated it, it didn't make much difference to the volume or length and it was the worst mascara I have tried in terms of waterproof smudge free. Bascially I put this mascara on in the morning and after a train ride to work, which takes me approximately 1 hour, I looked at myself in the ladies at work as soon as I got there and the panda eyes were horrible. This product came off my lashes easily however it doesn't come of the skin with ease.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by bwonggg

Although the mascara made my lashes much darker and more noticable, it's also water-proof, soap-proof, eyemakeupremover-proof! holy. It does NOT come off. everytime i use this, at least 3 of my eyelashes fall off due to removing it. It does not lengthen much either, but i do give it points for being packaged in a cute pink & black tube! Also, it kept my eyelash-curler curled straight lashes curled.