December 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by BelleSonnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty Good Lash -- that's what it should be called instead of Great Lash or maybe The Multi-Tasker.

It's very waterproof, it truly holds a curl for all day, and the black pigment is such an intense black that it makes my lashes look thicker at the base and longer at the tips. The formula is not as thick and goopy as others (many reviewers describe it as "wet"). The brush is not a thick one with a lot of bristles, but is more like a swirly, narrow arrangement of bristles (like a spiral staircase). The sparse bristles and the wet formula make the application of GL relatively clump free -- no messy, goopy brush.

When I first bought this mascara several years ago, I really couldn't understand why so many people love it. GL so over-hyped that I was terribly disappointed with it over all. I decided to try it again this month, and it is really a pretty good WP mascara. I may buy it again eventually -- whenever I don't feel like experimenting with a new one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

This was the first mascara I purchased and I hated it so much, I swore off mascara for years after it. It was clumpy and difficult to remove, and since this was supposed to be the "#1 mascara in America" I didn't even want to try another one.

Luckily, I have since found a mascara that I love (Imju Fiberwig) and I hate Great Lash for scaring me off for so long.

I wonder if the regular formula is better...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by flofloflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back when I was a make up newbie and hadn't heard of MUA, I read a review in a teen mag where make up artists were raving about Great Lash. So I decided to give it a go!

In retrospect, I don't know why there's so much hype about this mascara. It's really not that great - it's quite liquidy and takes too long to dry, IMO. I'd always end up with smudges because I'd blink my eyes. It doesn't lengthen or thicken either, not to mention that clumps a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by tulsanurse1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this as my base coat and although I it isn't and HG with me, its what I've found that will hold the curl to my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by hellodots

I bought this because I heard it was an outstanding mascara. But really it's pretty average. There isn't anything great about it, but it does work decently. B

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that this has such a low overall rating. Maybe it is not the best mascara ever, but it is definately its money's worth (unlike other products). It adds a bit of volume, a lot of curl AND lasts through sweat. It doesn't smudge at all after it dries. The brush is great for the lash edges too, because it is small. It may not be my favorite, but perfect for days when you want your mascara to stay put. I will be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pixiesdust13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness! I've been combating racoon eyes for the last three weeks and blaming my Paula's Choice concealer the whole time. I wouldn't think that a waterproof mascara would do this to me. It's so embarrassing because after class I have to dart straight into the bathroom to fix the inevitable damage. I've added tons of powder over my concealer and nothing worked. After reading reviews of other's racoon eyes this junk is going straight into my garbage right now!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Mittenstring

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what all the fuss is with Great Lash. Although it is definitely very waterproof (unless I've used a lot of eye gloss/moisturiser) it didn't really impress otherwise. The brush is quite small which is nifty for getting corner lashes. When it was new it made my eyelashes look quite thin/shiny/spikey looking. I've found that it works much better when the tube is a bit old and dried because it adds more volume to the lash and looks overall more natural and full.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by theseahag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, it's great value for money. It's as good as or better than other more expensive mascaras that I've tried. It doesn't clump, give me long dark lashes. I use the waterproof one, mainly because I'm always in the water (I'm a diving instructor) and it never runs - the flipside of this is that it's really hard to shift at the end of the day even with a good eye makeup remover but I'd rather that than have it running down my face.

I can't imagine finding a mascara much better than this one. The only other one I've found compares is BeneFit Bad Gal which is at least 3 times the price and not waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by twink91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this for years. It isn't wet at all which the main thing I like about it. I have straight eyelashes, so I curl first, then apply. My lashes stay curled all day. Most waterproof mascaras are hard to remove, if they're doing their job, therefore you use a makeup remover to take it off. In my opinion, it's the best and it's inexpensive.