October 1, 2014 | 2008 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for free with the BOGO that CVS had for revlon products and got the color stay foundation in combo/oily to match which I also love. I love this foundation, I apply it with a concealer brush and it blends very well and covers up very nicely. Have not used it enough on my blemishes to see if it does decrease them but so far for concealing purposes it works wonderfully. I have some discoloration from acne getting exposed to the sun and my green concealer from NYX in the jar just wasn't doing the trick there or around my nose. Put this on and the redness on both areas was gone. Love it! Set it with my Clinique Almost Powder.

**UPDATE**
I used this on some blemishes that popped up while I was sleeping last night, nothing major just little whiteheads and this dried them up and made them go away by the time I took my makeup off. I dabbed the concealer on the blemishes before putting on the foundation and let it sit for a few minutes and then put on the foundation and set with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by candycane08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really good concealer! But I wouldnt buy it alone at regular price. Wait until revlon is bogo at cvs or walgreens! then youcan get this and a powder or a foundation for the price one thing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am so in love with this concealer!
I've tried MAC and many other high end brands, but they all faded, melted off or slid around on my skin-(Especially in this deadly heat).
I'm happy to report that this is the only concealer I've ever used that doesn't budge, at all. It stays on until you take it off.
The best part is that is covers up my pores and doesn't sink into them!
I feel so much more confident now knowing that my blemishes are going to stay hidden all day. Not to mention that it has salicylic acid in it to aid in clearing skin- genius! This is one of the best drugstore purchase I've ever made. I highly recommend this. I'm definitely going to invest in more Revlon colorstay products.
edit: there is not enough SA in this to exfoliate the pore. It's still a great concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great d/s concealer for the face. I never used concealer before and decided to try it since I hate wearing foundation where I like which is Florida. Its just too hot sometimes. So I opted for this and their under eye concealer since they had BOGO free at my local drugstore. This is perfect shade for me in Medium/Deep. When I used to wear Colorstay foundation I used it in Natural Tan. I use a ss for my face everyday and use a self tanner to even out my face with the rest of my body. This concealer really reduces redness well and is buildable IME. It also has the added bonus of containing Salicylic Acid to help treat while you conceal. It blends well and sets to a matte finish. Lasts practically all day for me. If you are looking for an industrial strength concealer look elsewhere. But for a d/s med coverage concealer this is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BabySparksmac

Most people seem to like or love this concealer well i am the compleate opposite. It does NOT cover anything. Plus it can't really correct a blemish with .5% sylasitic acid so false claims. It cost me 14 dollars and i was expecting amasing things after all the hype about the color stay foundation. so for me it cost far too much for what it did nothing!.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by shakti29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best concealer I have ever used! Great coverage, stays on forever, and the salicylic acid tightens my pores and my face stays matte for HOURS! I use it on my oily t-zone and it covers the redness and helps with the shine! Love, love, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Rticulately

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesn't completely cover blemishes for me, but the smell of it gives me an idea that it really does heal while covering. I don't know, I'll give it a few days, weeks?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite impressed with the staying power of this concealer. It covers blemishes INCREDIBLY well and yet I do find it blendable. I did buy it in a shade too dark (I got Light-Medium but I should have purchased Ligh). I self-tanned to make it work for my skin, and that worked fine.

I've been mixing this with my foundation as well, and I love that it gives me natural, but heavier, coverage. And if I have some spots I want to cover but this product is too pigmented for them, I mix a little foundation in there. One concealer will never work for the multitude of pigmentation problems your skin can throw at you. But this one, with some tweaking, can definitely come close. I will repurchase this in a better shade for me, for sure. It's a little pricy for a drugstore product, but worth it I think.

My one complaint is the wand-tube packaging. I hate it for concealer. It's unhygenic and inconvenient.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ninamichaela

I don't think this really blends well. It's too heavy and probably not a good idea at all. Better stick to a good foundation rather than spending extra cash on this wand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first heard about this concealer I was a tad skeptical. I normally put a salicylic acid gel on spots before my moisturizer, but topping it with a cream concealer tends to make it look dry and flaky. I wasn't expecting much coverage with this, but I figured I can always return it if it doesn't work out.

I get tiny red blemishes that pop up in groups at certain spots of my face sometimes. I haven't used this for that long yet since it's medicated and it's only meant for blemish cover up, so I only use it when needed. I found that it worked way better than my MAC Studio Finish concealer at covering dark acne spots! It wasn't as drying as I thought it would be since it has salicylic acid, so the spots I covered up didn't stick out. The consistency of the concealer is not too thick or watery and blended into my skin nicely with warm fingers. I recently got a horrible cystic acne on my jawline and this covered it up pretty damn good! When I removed my makeup, the bump even went down and so did the redness :D The applicator is a sponge tip, but I prefer to put a dab on the back of my clean hands to avoid bacteria transfer (from blemish to blemish). The one thing that I could not stomach much like the rest of the Revlon face makeup is the smell - yikes! It has a strong chemical smell, but the smell does subside. I had to cover around my nose and that's how I was introduced to the smell. Other than that, it is a great concealer to have! I don't have huge breakouts, but I do have scars so this was fantastic! a MUST-TRY!