Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0. 5% (acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Alcohol Denat. , Tribehenin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Serica (silk, soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Trisiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).

The package is straightforward and the price is slightly more expensive for a drugstore concealer. I'd say the coverage is pretty good and fairly easy to blend. The light-medium shade matched my fair yellow-toned skin pretty nicely however this forumla caused me to get some breakouts since it was the only new thing in my routine. Was disappointed as I had been very curious about Revlon's colourstay line. I'm a bit relunctant to try out the Colourstay Foundation as I'm worried that it may cause me to break out like this concealer did.

on 11/14/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this having high hopes for it because of all the reviews on here. I use it on top of the green NYC concealer and my foundation but it doesn't blend as well as I would like to. If u look closely, it sits on top of your skin more than it blends in and covers. The coverage isn't great because it takes me 3 or 4 thin layers for me to completely cover my blemishes and problem spots but by then it looks splotchy.
I've noticed that it does sort of help with the clearing up of blemishes though but that's particially because I use it with a medicated foundation.
The only set back is the price. When I went to rite aid to buy it it was 11 dollars. Go to target or walmart. Same product but a lot cheaper.

on 11/13/2009 4:03:00 PM

I normally like Revlon cosmetics, but unfortunately this stuff blows. It doesn't blend well/properly at all that alone, for me, is enough to render a concealer (or any face makeup product) useless. HEL-LO what's the point if you can't blend away the imperfections you're trying to conceal?!?? Sucks, too, because the store I bought it at will not accept returns on opened cosmetics. PFFFT. I'm bitter. lol Oh, I guess one ONE - redeeming quality is the color selection; the shade was a pretty spot on match for my complexion. haha. "spot" on. concealer. geddit? .. lol

on 11/3/2009 6:58:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product, but right after opening it, I was slightly disappointed. This concealer has a really strong, unpleasant, chemically smell to it. The biggest problem I had with this concealer is mentioned in the review below..basically it dries up super fast and unless you blend right away, it dries up...sometimes even when you blend immediately, it just partly smears on the edges but looks like an obvious concealer blotch..ugh.. so disappointing. I much prefer Maybelline minerals concealer b/c its frag free and oil free, but i was searching for a blemish concealer as well..This one isn't ideal and I wish I could return it but I never got a receipt =(

on 10/27/2009 12:11:00 AM

It has OK coverage. I had to layer it in order to get the coverage I wanted. I also felt I had to blend it in AS SOON as it touched my face, otherwise it would dry up and make my face look weird. And sometimes it dried up and left blotches on my face. It did nothing for my acne, didnt worsen it but didnt dry up the acne either.

on 10/18/2009 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't give very good coverage. I ended up returning it.

on 10/15/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have this shade in medium and so far it covers very well. I have post acne marks and while I can't say this covers them completely, it does a good job. To be fair, it's pain in the tukuss to cover acne/hyperpigmentation marks - period. That being said, this is pretty decent for drugstore concealer. Although, a tube would be a more ideal, hygenic packaging, especially since I use a brush. The consistency is very easy to use with a concealer brush, and yes, apply quickly because it does settle swiftly. Any product with salycylic acid is not for dark circles under the eyes, and I can't yet attest to the blemsih treatment aspect until I use it for a couple more weeks. So I'll update in a bit, just be sure to get the right shade I tried medium/deep and ugh...

Update: no longer use this product, felt that it further contribuing to my breakouts clogged pores :-/

on 10/2/2009 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this almost every day. I use it to cover redness and pimples. The formula is a little difficult to blend. But the reason I like it is because it stays. The color selection is a little light, and make sure you get the correct color bc it does affect performance. I don't know that this heals blemishes, but it definitely keeps them from getting worse. It could be easily packaged in a tube for convenience.

on 9/16/2009 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this for free with the BOGO that CVS had for revlon products and got the color stay foundation in combo/oily to match which I also love. I love this foundation, I apply it with a concealer brush and it blends very well and covers up very nicely. Have not used it enough on my blemishes to see if it does decrease them but so far for concealing purposes it works wonderfully. I have some discoloration from acne getting exposed to the sun and my green concealer from NYX in the jar just wasn't doing the trick there or around my nose. Put this on and the redness on both areas was gone. Love it! Set it with my Clinique Almost Powder.

**UPDATE**
I used this on some blemishes that popped up while I was sleeping last night, nothing major just little whiteheads and this dried them up and made them go away by the time I took my makeup off. I dabbed the concealer on the blemishes before putting on the foundation and let it sit for a few minutes and then put on the foundation and set with powder.

on 8/23/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is really good concealer! But I wouldnt buy it alone at regular price. Wait until revlon is bogo at cvs or walgreens! then youcan get this and a powder or a foundation for the price one thing!