Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 9/14/2009 8:28:00 PM

I have been trying out a lot of leave-in conditioners lately searching for a good one (I will try to review them all).
I wanted a leave-in because my hair has breakage (at the crown usually) and frizz, and even though I just got it cut there are still some split ends.
Usually I stay away from Garnier because the products tend to build up in my hair. I only used this a couple days in a row, and the first day it was much better than the second. The first day I really liked it. It is a thick cream which I had a little trouble working through my towel-dried hair because I hadn't combed it yet. But it was easier to comb after I worked this through. And I liked the results after I blow-dried my hair. The second day it made my hair more weighed down/greasy feeling than the first, so this would probably build up in my hair also if I used it for any length of time. I did use a clarifying shampoo on the second day before using this and it still felt that way.
Here's what I want in a leave in conditioner, and here is how this product rates:
1. Detangles: yes, but hard to work through hair if it isn't combed first, as this is a thick cream.
2. Creates shine: Better than most
3. Reduces Frizz: This works very well at smoothing hair, but it will also flatten it and it won't be as bouncy.
4. Adds softness: It did feel softer after using this, but it also seemed to have more of a coating on it the second day which I didn't really like. It didn't feel greasy-gross, but I still felt like I wanted to wash it.
5. Mends split ends: The split ends seem less noticeable
6. Adds some moisture: Yes, but it does weigh my hair down, and I have to be careful how much I use too much and it gets really flat and separates. It also seems to separate at the end of the day even if I just use a little (trial day 1).
7. Static reducer: Didn't have any issues with static
8. Good Smell: It smells fruity, but it isn't horrible or a sickening fruit smell, don't love it, but don't hate it either.
9. Price: This was $3.99 at Walgreens
I think if I were going to keep using this it would be just on the very very ends of my hair to help with split ends once in a while. I won't repurchase this it causes too much build up.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

urg. okay i heard sooo many great comments on this so i went out to buy it luckily it was on sale b/c this stuff stinks. the first time i used it i loved it it made my hair soft and smooth. the second time it made my hair greasy and gross.EWWW!!! it smells good though,but im just using the rest only on my ends so i dont waste the product and my money.wont recommend it to people definitly not people with oily hair.

on 8/4/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The smell kinda sucks, very strong and very cheap smelling. But it works for me, need to use sparingly though so it doesn't weigh my hair down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wrote reviews for the sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, and I gave this a 5 as well. It works great for my dry, thick, curly, frizz-prone hair. My hair already looks great after washing and using conditioner, but this adds to that!!! I use it when I get out the shower, while my hair is still wet. I read that using anti-frizz products while your hair is still wet cuts down on frizz. It must work, cause now frizz isn't a problem. If you touch your hair too much, frizz will happen. Its not heavy on my hair, but if oily hair is a problem, I have a feelin this would give you greasy looking hair. I have already used one bottle of this(I tend too use a lot of product when it comes to my beauty regime), but it should last you awhile; comes in a 10 ounce bottle. I will definately get this again.

on 7/30/2009 8:01:00 PM

It works pretty good BUT I CANT STAND THIS SMELL.. it has this odor that smells hella bad! wont be repurchasing because of this smell..

on 7/29/2009 8:19:00 AM

This is a very good leave-in conditioner. I use it on my kids to minimize tangles as well. I like the fruity smell and it doesn't weigh my very fine hair down unless I overdo it. It leaves my hair very soft and helps keep the frizzies away. :) Very inexpensive as well. Definitely worth a try.

on 7/29/2009 6:35:00 AM

It smells great. It doesn't weigh my hair down. When I put it in my hair after a shower it isn't a poofy mess. Also, my hair gets oily very fast and this doesn't contribute to that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

~OMG I love this stuff so much! its so amazing! it leaves my hair shiny, soft and manegable not to mention smelling like fruit :) I use this everytime I wash my hair, but I do not always leave it in- some days I do rinse it out but it does not affect its performance at all. I also put this is my damp and dry hair to give me moisture because that is what I need most because I have long hair. I have repurchased this product so many times and will never stop, and for $2.99 seriously what more could I want? its perfect stuff =D and my Holy Grail. Since trying this I have fallen in Love with all of Garnier's hair styling products, they are all dirt cheap and work amazingly well! ~

on 7/28/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is my HG leave in conditioner, I am SO glad i found this, before using this, my hair would be a frizzy mess. Now my wavy hair is soft, manageable and frizz free, for the first time!, I have never found a product that has eliminated my frizz, but this definitely did. This stuff is amazing, i got it for 3.99 at london drugs just because i needed to try something new, definitely repurchase.

on 7/17/2009 6:03:00 PM

The smell was so gross, I couldn't use it. It smelled just like bug spray. I used it in the morning and worked out after work. When I started to sweat on the treadmill, I could smell that bug spray odor. It was so gross. I threw the rest away.

Popular Styling Products