Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 10/26/2009 8:20:00 AM

OMG- i just got this product last week. I work out four to five times a week and having to wash/blow dry/straighten my hair every single day (and sometimes twice a day)is really damaging and totally drying my hair out. I'm mixed and have a weird blend of hair lol- you so cannot wash my kind of hair everyday as it poses more harm than good. anyway, I was looking for a leave in conditioner that would help repair my hair and restore it at least a little bit. and oh my goodness- this product is wonderful. i hate, hate, HATE the smell...that's about the only down side. The price- got it for like five buck at walmart, the packaging is perfect i can throw it in my gym bag and not worry about leaking, and its so easy. you can use it on dry, unwashed hair are you can apply it as soon as you finished washing your hair. I've found the latter to produce better results. my hair has this nice, soft, silky texture to it which I've never found with any previous product- at least to this magnitude. I LOVE this product and I hope anyone else who has tried it as had similar great results.

on 10/2/2009 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hi! I have used this leave-in conditioner for a year now. I did not notice my hair being anymore conditioned or healthy than before I used this product. It DID get rid of frizzies and tamed my hair during the humidity. Basically, I would shower, towel dry for about 10 minutes, and then apply this leave in conditioner and leave the house. My hair would be crunchy, it basically looked like I had scrunched it. This, I didn't mind too much though. WHAT I DID MIND is the loss of hair! I lost so much hair from this product. I told many of the Youtube Gurus who have used this product and loved it that it made me lose hair. And soon after, they also realized that this product had the same flaw for them. Garnier products do what they claim, but the downfall of hair loss from many of their products leads me to quit on Garnier haircare. I'm off to Sally's soon to pick up some products that will hopefully do me well.

The only leave-in product dat softens my extremely dry hair 4a hair

on 9/25/2009 3:02:00 AM

This stuff is pretty good, I'm a little shocked by the bad reviews! I've changed my hair cut and now wear my hair wavy/curly so i don't use this product anymore BUT it really does work. It made my hair very soft and it stayed "straighter" but it also felt like it really hydrated my hair and that feeling did not dissapear when I stopped using it, so I feel like it actually did make a difference. I recommend this, but probably won't NEED to actually buy it again because its a huge bottle and such.

on 9/14/2009 8:28:00 PM

I have been trying out a lot of leave-in conditioners lately searching for a good one (I will try to review them all).
I wanted a leave-in because my hair has breakage (at the crown usually) and frizz, and even though I just got it cut there are still some split ends.
Usually I stay away from Garnier because the products tend to build up in my hair. I only used this a couple days in a row, and the first day it was much better than the second. The first day I really liked it. It is a thick cream which I had a little trouble working through my towel-dried hair because I hadn't combed it yet. But it was easier to comb after I worked this through. And I liked the results after I blow-dried my hair. The second day it made my hair more weighed down/greasy feeling than the first, so this would probably build up in my hair also if I used it for any length of time. I did use a clarifying shampoo on the second day before using this and it still felt that way.
Here's what I want in a leave in conditioner, and here is how this product rates:
1. Detangles: yes, but hard to work through hair if it isn't combed first, as this is a thick cream.
2. Creates shine: Better than most
3. Reduces Frizz: This works very well at smoothing hair, but it will also flatten it and it won't be as bouncy.
4. Adds softness: It did feel softer after using this, but it also seemed to have more of a coating on it the second day which I didn't really like. It didn't feel greasy-gross, but I still felt like I wanted to wash it.
5. Mends split ends: The split ends seem less noticeable
6. Adds some moisture: Yes, but it does weigh my hair down, and I have to be careful how much I use too much and it gets really flat and separates. It also seems to separate at the end of the day even if I just use a little (trial day 1).
7. Static reducer: Didn't have any issues with static
8. Good Smell: It smells fruity, but it isn't horrible or a sickening fruit smell, don't love it, but don't hate it either.
9. Price: This was $3.99 at Walgreens
I think if I were going to keep using this it would be just on the very very ends of my hair to help with split ends once in a while. I won't repurchase this it causes too much build up.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

urg. okay i heard sooo many great comments on this so i went out to buy it luckily it was on sale b/c this stuff stinks. the first time i used it i loved it it made my hair soft and smooth. the second time it made my hair greasy and gross.EWWW!!! it smells good though,but im just using the rest only on my ends so i dont waste the product and my money.wont recommend it to people definitly not people with oily hair.

on 8/4/2009 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The smell kinda sucks, very strong and very cheap smelling. But it works for me, need to use sparingly though so it doesn't weigh my hair down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wrote reviews for the sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, and I gave this a 5 as well. It works great for my dry, thick, curly, frizz-prone hair. My hair already looks great after washing and using conditioner, but this adds to that!!! I use it when I get out the shower, while my hair is still wet. I read that using anti-frizz products while your hair is still wet cuts down on frizz. It must work, cause now frizz isn't a problem. If you touch your hair too much, frizz will happen. Its not heavy on my hair, but if oily hair is a problem, I have a feelin this would give you greasy looking hair. I have already used one bottle of this(I tend too use a lot of product when it comes to my beauty regime), but it should last you awhile; comes in a 10 ounce bottle. I will definately get this again.

on 7/30/2009 8:01:00 PM

It works pretty good BUT I CANT STAND THIS SMELL.. it has this odor that smells hella bad! wont be repurchasing because of this smell..

on 7/29/2009 8:19:00 AM

This is a very good leave-in conditioner. I use it on my kids to minimize tangles as well. I like the fruity smell and it doesn't weigh my very fine hair down unless I overdo it. It leaves my hair very soft and helps keep the frizzies away. :) Very inexpensive as well. Definitely worth a try.