April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i hate this stuff, i have curly frizzy hair and this does not make my hair sleek or shiny, more like really frizzy and beyond poofy! more poofy than if i dont put anything in it! if you want sleek and shine dont even bother with this, try Tresemme' Curl Hydration Creme' it does everything this claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by sheilap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works great it leaves your hair so smooth & healthy looking.. smells so good as well!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I buy this for my 4 year old who needs a leave-in to tame her dry hair. I simply refuse to spend $20 on a 4 year old for hair products, but likewise the "kiddie" conditioners and detanglers marketed for kids are usually cheap garbage. So this seems to be OK. It can make my hair (yes, I tried it, too) a little limp - and it builds up easily - so proper cleansing is a must betweeen uses.

A decent leave-in conditioner for a very low price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for the price. It moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. I love how soft my hair feels after I use this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

One of the few Garnier haircare products I don't refuse to use. It's actually conditioning, which for a Garnier product is hard to find, the smell is nice, and it doesn't leave my hair greasy. It's a good substitute if I run out of my Nexxus, but otherwise, my hair normally needs a little more.

::Edit::
So, I've been using this daily, and it seems to be doing fairly well. I'm upping this to four lippies :]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by photoggirltx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The stuff is awesome- my ends don't look dry, shinier hair, and way less frizzies. I put the product in my hair after showering when my hair is still damp. The first time I used it I followed the directions to use a quarter sized amount and my ends ended up looking really greasy. I have long hair so I was suprised that was too much product for me. I would recommend starting with a nickel sized amount and going from there. That seems to be the perfect amount for me.

My hair is in much better shape before styling so I can use less of my more expensive styling products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is alright. It does condition your hair but you have to watch the amount you use. I accidentally poured too much and my hair became sticky/a bit greasy afterwards. I used it when my hair was still wet and then blow dryed it and my hair became greasy feeling. So beware with the amount you use! Try to even it out in your hair if you do use a "quarter size" amount. I probably won't buy this again as there are other leave in conditioners out there. I primarily bought this as a "heat tamer" before I straighten my hair. My next product I'll try once this runs out will the TRESemme heat tamer. The garnier fructis one does have a nice smell to it and the packaging is easy to handle as it is a squeeze bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pixyjess115

I just tried this product out today. I was looking around for a good leave-in conditioner for awhile now. I looked at all the different types of leave-ins from random high end haircare brands online, but didn't see one that really interested me enough to go check it out in person.

I was specifically looking for a leave-in cream where the first two ingredients were not silicone, it wasn't sticky, had a lightweight texture and moisturized my dry ends. For reference I have fairly coarse, dry hair that has been dyed a few times.

I randomly took a look a this while shopping at the drugstore, and remembered that a few women on youtube used this as a part of their haircare regimen, so I decided to give it a try not expecting too much.

I am surprised and pleased with the results! Before this, I was using biosilk on the ends of my damp hair after showering and then blowdrying. While it made my hair shiny, I didn't like how it really wasn't doing anything to moisturize my hair. I feel like this cream not only adds shine but also moisturizes my hair. While it definitely doesn't create as much shine as biosilk (then again the two are different types of products) I feel better using it because i feel like it really makes my ends more moisturized. It's not sticky or heavy at all and just what I was looking for.

I'm still looking for a good heat protectant as I only use this on my ends. Preferably in a spray format as I HATE my hair being weighed down.

Overall I'm really liking the garnier brand, even though I'm kind of a hair/makeup snob. I feel like all of the products I have used by them REALLY work, and have somewhat beneficial ingredients in comparison to other drugstore brands like pantene. Plus their products have a nice smell.

They are definitely not the best but I think they are one of the better alternatives for people who don't want to spend a lot of money for haircare products. Only problem is.....I hate their green packaging! The neon green bottles seriously look tacky and cheap and hurts my eyes everytime I see it...!

Overall it's a good buy! works well, smells nice, adds light moisture and shine to my ends, inexpensive, and you get a lot of product. I would definitely buy this product again!!!
which won't be for awhile =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a leave in conditioner that wouldn't make my hair sticky or greasy and I think this is my new hg hair product. This stuff is super cheap (I got it on sale for $2.50 but I think it's normally like $4.50), it moisturizes my thick, dry hair (I'm prone to split ends and I straighten my hair sometimes), smells great, and comes with a ton of product. I used this on my damp hair, working a walnut sized amount through it (I have a lot of hair). The cream that I cought actually is the "color shield" version. Anyways, after it dried, it left my hair feeling silky and looking shiny, and my split ends were smoothed down. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This hair product is fabulous! It's all I need to make my hair lovely and manageable, which takes a LOT. Love the smell too!