September 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ladies (and gentlemen), have I got a product to rave about! I have acne prone skin so I am always looking for that great cream, lotion, potion that will help me get rid of my acne. I read positive reviews about this mask but sometimes I have the backwards idea that pricier means better. However, this modestly priced mask has become a HG product to deep clean my pores. The container claims that it is "The worlds most powerful facial" and "You will feel it pulsate"...yeah right, I thought! Boy was I wrong!!! If you are looking for a nice mask to relax in, this is NOT FOR YOU! Don't get scared but it tingles when applied and when the clay dries, you will feel it tightening and pulling the impurities out.

EASE: Mix the powder with Apple Cider Vinegar or water. I chose ACV and mixed 2 tablespoons of clay powder and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a small glass bowl. It fizzles when the vinegar interacts with the clay. Stir it a few times and it becomes a smooth paste.

AFFORDABILITY: $7 for 1lb (454grams) of product at Whole Foods. You can possibly find it cheaper online but you have to pay for shipping.

INGREDIENTS: 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay, a natural absorbent of oils.

CAUTION: Causes redness of the skin which is temporary so don't freak out and think that it burned you. The manufacturer suggests leaving it on for 5-10 min on delicate skin and 15-20 for normal skin. The redness will go away within an hour. To be safe though, I use it when I don't have plans for the rest of the night. Since it can be a little messy to wash off, I suggest using it before showering.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This clay, really helped me through my rough times with my skin.
Rewind to 2 years ago. My skin is broken out, the texture is disgusting, red and puss filled pimples with sprinkling of black heads all over my face. My confidence was non existent and I was becoming desperate.
I found myself in my local health food store, and picked this up just because i really had nothing to use.
The first time i used it i added acv like it says you can. I could feel the clay literally pulling the dirt and oil from my skin as it hardened.

So back to the present. It's been 2 years since i purchased this, and i'm only half way through the pound that you get. I do not use this regularly, just whenever i feel like.
I am not telling you this is a miracle in a jar. What i am saying is that if you think that the reason your skin is acting up is because you have toxins in your body/skin, i strongly feel this product is for you. if your skin is acting out due to hormonal issues, i'm not too sure. try is none the less. It's not like it's extra expensive. I paid $5 on sale.
Today i still do have pimples but the red and pussy ones are few and far between. What i have now are those very fine pimples that you could rub off your face easily but they come back and you can pnly really see them in certain light at certain angles, as well as hyperpigmentation left behind from previous acne.
The only cons about this are after i washedit off, my face is red for about an hour. So it is not a good idea to put this on right before something important like an event, date, anywhere you'll be seen.
And it is annoying to make. It also can get a little messy but you can minimize the mess by using a fan/foundation brush to apply it to your face.
This is a stable for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Decided to give this a try after reading all the rave reviews on MUA. Picked this up at my local whole foods. Comes in a jar that is filled to the brim! A little advice when you open it: be careful or you will spill; there is no plastic wrapping once you open the jar.

I first tried this out with water - it was impossible to mix without getting clumps. Felt good on my skin. Tightened up very quickly and left my skin matte for hours. Gave it a second go with organic apple cider vinegar and it mixed perfect. I think the acv helped slightly more than just water. This mask tightens up much quicker than any other clay mask I've ever tried. I guess that means it's going straight to work? lol. After washing it off, my skin appears only slightly red (soon fades) and I can tell every bit of gunk and oil has been sucked up - that means you NEED to MOISTURIZE after using this mask! Highly recommend it for people with oily / blemished skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kellykn

I ordered this mask after hearing rave reviews and I have to say I like it a lot. I mix it with ACV and brush it with a foundation brush. I don't do a thick layer as suggested cos a thin one works better and comes off easier. I leave it on for 30 minutes and it really does pulsate! I used it three days in a row the first week and the third time it didn't pulsate so I figured all the "impurities" were gone. Just a guess. I now use it once a week and find that if used more often, it is less effective. This mask reduced my pore size and softened my skin. It made my cheeks red but my tzone was fine. Some weeks I only use it on my tzone cos my cheeks are sensitive. For a super deep clean, I use Biore's pore strip immediately after since the mask draws out all the gunk to the surface. For those who say its too messy, just use a spoon! Dont pour from the container. I dedicate a plastic spoon and bowl just for this. Not messy at all. For the price, the product is worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by mayaglover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mask a little bit drying for my face, so after use aztec mask i use mask sheet pearl or snail essence and in the morning my face look great, my face look glowing not dry or red, firm and smooth. But it didnt bring deep cyst acne to surface,,,

After countinously using this mask i see improvement in my pores, no more whitehead and blackhead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by phitius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product had been sitting on my wishlist for some time before I finally broke down and purchased it. I wish I hadn't waited so long! This clay makes my skin incredibly soft and smooth.

I do not have acne prone skin, so I do not know how well it works for that particular issue. It does help to minimize the appearance of large pores and gives a nice refined texture to my skin. I am incredibly oily, and this product helps to limit how greasy I get during the day.

Once per week I make a mask of the clay and a 50/50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar which I leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. As the mask dries it creates a pulsing and tightening sensation. It's an unusual, though not unpleasant, feeling. Once the mask is dry I rinse with warm water and a soft cloth. After, I use gentle cleanser and moisturizer.

There is some redness directly after use, however it fades within an hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This clay really is great, like everyone says. I used it maybe 2 or 3 times with water, and I could never get it to mix right. It also didn't make my face "pulsate" and didn't do much for me. When I mixed it with apple cider vinegar, WOW! There was a huge difference. Yeah, it smells terrible and makes my face red for about an hour after I use it, but it fixes deep pimples and even exfoliates. I think a major bonus to this mask is the "pulsating" - blood rushes to your face and I think the circulation helps your skin remove toxins, etc. I never had any breakouts after using this either.

I recommend using this at night and applying a good night cream afterward. It will soak into your skin and your skin will look great the next morning. Don't bother using it if you don't have ACV - using water is just not the same.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by chelsey1227

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm always one to try new things in skincare. I tend to have constant break outs and hormonal blemishes. I don't remember a time when my skin was perfectly clear. I heard about this on Reddit and I didn't think to much about it until I saw it pretty cheap on Amazon. The recommended way to use this is to mix equal parts of the clay powder and apple cider vinegar. When you put it on, it'S normal to feel your skin pulsate and to feel a heat like sensation. It's like any normal mask and you'll feel a bit of tightening and it will be difficult to move your face. Stick with it. It can be difficult to wash off once it's dry, but just take a wet washcloth, hold it on your face for a few seconds and then rub it off. If you have skin like mine, your face will be REALLY red for a bit. It will feel hot. But after everything settles down your face will be baby soft and smooth. The price isn't bad at all for how much you get. The packaging I got says it's good for 10 - 15 facials....I see it lasting me much longer. If you're on the fence about this, just go ahead and buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is extremely sensitive to clay masks, and this is the only one I have used that does not irritate or inflame my skin. I will definitely repurchase it for that reason. I find this mask does not make my skin feel dry or tight despite being clay. I prefer mixing it with raw apple cider vinegar instead of water, though I very much dislike the scent. I have never noticed any "pulsating" in my skin, but I find the mask helps very much with acne, especially cystic acne. When I remove the mask my skin feels clean, soft, and smooth. My boyfriend likes it a lot as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lourlou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is GENIUS!! I'm dealing with dry, sensitive and ugly skin, and break outs comes often. But this product is so so soo amazing, and now i'm sitting here with the most smooth and soft skin. I'm touching my face like every 5-10 min., because its so nice haha. But i definitely recommend this stuff, cause it works!