April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by dancinbluegirl

I'm not sure why it's got a bad rating, but personally it's doing so well for me! I saw a package of two at Costco and I knew I had been neglecting use of sunscreen for a while so I thought to pick it up. It does have a bit of a white cast, but it only takes a bit of a rubbing to get it to go away. I don't really mind though, because it feels that needing to rub it more makes it absorb better. It's been doing wonders for my acne scars too, helping them from getting darker :). I have oily, acne-prone skin and to me, it is really dry-touch :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Normally when I need to use sunscreen, it means I'll be getting in the pool shortly, so I don't worry too much about it feeling greasy or oily (even though it's nasty). But I got married this past summer and on our honeymoon I knew I would need a LOT of sunscreen. I found this and decided to give it a try. It really wasn't greasy at all, even on my face! I just had to let it dry for 5 or 10 minutes, and it lasted pretty much all day. I only really reapplied when we were in Nice and swimming at the beach, and even though I'm very, very pale, I didn't get burnt at all. I'll definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was recommended by a dermatologist. Supposedly it shouldn't be greasy at all, however i found it makes my face very oily in 2 - 3 hours. Didn't like it as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I love love all kinds of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, but use SPF55 alot over the Summer. I just saw that there is a SPF70 and SPF85 and might also use those as well. I do SPF55 with Shisheido and use Neutrogena as an inexpensive alternative. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by shin05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product provides good sun protection and keeps my oily face matte all day. But it has a thick creamy texture, can be hard to spread.
I realised i developed allergic reaction towards it, my face developed rashes and flaked. and i also wanna avoid using this for the oxybenzone content.
it's a good product, but too bad i cant use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SPF coverage that lasts throughout the day is important to me; my asian skin tends to scar really easily, and due to my recent use of scription topicals it's become an absolute must. I've been using it on and off for the past year---i always thought it was breaking me out, i mean it almost felt like a mask the first time i used it, and just look at that SPF, how could it not? But everytime i've switched brands the only difference i've noticed it that i end up getting sunburned (or tan), so i keep coming back to this; i never sweat it off, and it doesn't make me shiny (in fact it seems to make me more matte). A little goes a long goes a long way, it's true; it'll give you an odd white cast if you apply too generously.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by 96932

I've tried the various SPF levels of the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock series. The 30 seems to work best for daily use. The 45 stung my eyes, the 55 leaves a subtle white cast that makes me look sickly pasty. the 70 was the worst...leaves a white cast and balls up. Have not tried the 85, probably won't.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

I wish the name and description of the product truly delivered on what it says it will do. I was really hoping that this sunblock would be ultra sheer and dry to the touch, but instead it left a slightly pasty appearance and actually made me look pale and sick. I think my skin looked worse when I used this product because I looked like a pasty zombie devoid of circulation. I also experienced the stinging sensation that other reviewers talked about. Save your money and time for something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by LilianaF

It irritates my skin, to the point it turns red and burns!! Also I think the smell is too strong. Itís a pity, because it dries fast and doesnít leave my skin oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I am reviewing "Ultra sheer dry-touch sunblock spf50+, PA+++ with Helioplex". I suspect that outside the US, spf of more than 50 is not allowed on the label. I bought mine in Singapore. Wish I had bought two, actually since this is a very good sunscreen for the face. I suffer from melasma and live in the Mediterranean, so daily sunscreen is a must unfortunately. Most sunscreens are awful and I'm constantly on the hunt for one that does not leave a white cast, does not break me out and does not make my face greasy. This is pretty good. I'm not sure about whether it will break me out or clog my pores in the long-term (I do use BHA at night to counter any clogging effects) but I like this product because it does not leave any white cast on the face, and it does not make my skin greasy or shiny. Seriously, it leaves my face really nice and matte. Not sure how it would perform if I had to spend time outdoors in the hot sun, or do any exercise, since I have only had a chance to test it under moderate warm weather conditions. But so far, so nice! Cheap, too compared to many other facial high spf sunscreens.