Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

on 2/24/2009 9:05:00 AM

I've been looking for a new sunscreen now that my beloved hg LRP Dermo-Peds spray is discontinued. I'm glad I decided to give this Neutrogena a try despite the ratings here. I find this to be pretty matte, or at least no shinier than any other SS I've tried. It does look a bit greasy for a few minutes after application, but it quickly fades. The price compared to the Euro products I've been using is also very fair. On the plus side, it has not so far irritated or broken out my very sensitive acne-prone combo skin. On the down side, there is a light but detectable perfumey-cucumbery sort of fragrance. I wish it were completely unscented. It's also rather thick and can be a chore to blend in. Also, be careful not to get it in your hairline if you have dark hair like me -- I looked like I had dandruff at the temples all day once. However, I will probably buy this again unless something better comes along.

on 2/21/2009 6:15:00 AM

So far so good with this sunscreen. I think the 'dry touch' helps my concealer (Laura Mercier, a lot of blending) stay in place.

I'm wearing Clinique Corrector under it. Usually 2 products plus foundation on my face causes breakouts, but nothing yet!

on 1/18/2009 12:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this one for 2yrs and really like it! I use this in the warmer months since it leaves me with a nice matte finish and keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. I detect NO greasy feeling at all!

It's an easy-to-use standup tube so it squirts out really easy. I have really sensitive skin where I react to alot of regular sunscreens but this one is perfect! No breakouts, makeup looks good, great protection and runs about $15. I also love the minis I got from my derm since they fit in the makeup bag perfectly! Too bad they didn't sell the minis too! They're cute!

Will definitly re-purchase this spring!

on 1/14/2009 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for over half a year now and just finished one bottle of this stuff. It really is dry-touch as it says and it really gives my complexion a matte feel. Sometimes when I'm going at night I put this on - even though there's no sun - because it makes my skin look nice! It brightens up my complexion as well as protecting it. I never really was one of those types to put on sunscreen every morning because I thought it would make me feel greasy and would block my pores - this product totally 360'd my views on that.

My only concern with this is that it made my cheeks flake and redden on my 3rd month of using it - maybe it was because it was the summer heat or something because my skin is absolutedly compatible with it now. I must admit its not very moisturizing, but as long as you intensely moisturize the night before than it should be fine. Also, I would really prefer if it was a flippy cap instead of a screw on cap - it would really help me save some time in the morning.

on 1/4/2009 7:29:00 AM

this sunblock is often recommended because it offers great protection.

like most sunblocks, it is OILY and STICKY.
and it's very difficult to rub it in and the sunblock will flake off.

however, this does not occur if applied on the body. just don't use it as a facial sunscreen and you'll be fine.

but i'm sure there are better sunscreens for body.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure why it's got a bad rating, but personally it's doing so well for me! I saw a package of two at Costco and I knew I had been neglecting use of sunscreen for a while so I thought to pick it up. It does have a bit of a white cast, but it only takes a bit of a rubbing to get it to go away. I don't really mind though, because it feels that needing to rub it more makes it absorb better. It's been doing wonders for my acne scars too, helping them from getting darker :). I have oily, acne-prone skin and to me, it is really dry-touch :)

on 12/9/2008 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

It was recommended by a dermatologist. Supposedly it shouldn't be greasy at all, however i found it makes my face very oily in 2 - 3 hours. Didn't like it as much.

on 12/7/2008 11:41:00 PM

I love love all kinds of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, but use SPF55 alot over the Summer. I just saw that there is a SPF70 and SPF85 and might also use those as well. I do SPF55 with Shisheido and use Neutrogena as an inexpensive alternative. :)

on 12/5/2008 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This product provides good sun protection and keeps my oily face matte all day. But it has a thick creamy texture, can be hard to spread.
I realised i developed allergic reaction towards it, my face developed rashes and flaked. and i also wanna avoid using this for the oxybenzone content.
it's a good product, but too bad i cant use it.

on 11/29/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

SPF coverage that lasts throughout the day is important to me; my asian skin tends to scar really easily, and due to my recent use of scription topicals it's become an absolute must. I've been using it on and off for the past year---i always thought it was breaking me out, i mean it almost felt like a mask the first time i used it, and just look at that SPF, how could it not? But everytime i've switched brands the only difference i've noticed it that i end up getting sunburned (or tan), so i keep coming back to this; i never sweat it off, and it doesn't make me shiny (in fact it seems to make me more matte). A little goes a long goes a long way, it's true; it'll give you an odd white cast if you apply too generously.