October 21, 2014 | 2037 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this one for 2yrs and really like it! I use this in the warmer months since it leaves me with a nice matte finish and keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. I detect NO greasy feeling at all!

It's an easy-to-use standup tube so it squirts out really easy. I have really sensitive skin where I react to alot of regular sunscreens but this one is perfect! No breakouts, makeup looks good, great protection and runs about $15. I also love the minis I got from my derm since they fit in the makeup bag perfectly! Too bad they didn't sell the minis too! They're cute!

Will definitly re-purchase this spring!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for over half a year now and just finished one bottle of this stuff. It really is dry-touch as it says and it really gives my complexion a matte feel. Sometimes when I'm going at night I put this on - even though there's no sun - because it makes my skin look nice! It brightens up my complexion as well as protecting it. I never really was one of those types to put on sunscreen every morning because I thought it would make me feel greasy and would block my pores - this product totally 360'd my views on that.

My only concern with this is that it made my cheeks flake and redden on my 3rd month of using it - maybe it was because it was the summer heat or something because my skin is absolutedly compatible with it now. I must admit its not very moisturizing, but as long as you intensely moisturize the night before than it should be fine. Also, I would really prefer if it was a flippy cap instead of a screw on cap - it would really help me save some time in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by quinieleong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this sunblock is often recommended because it offers great protection.

like most sunblocks, it is OILY and STICKY.
and it's very difficult to rub it in and the sunblock will flake off.

however, this does not occur if applied on the body. just don't use it as a facial sunscreen and you'll be fine.

but i'm sure there are better sunscreens for body.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by dancinbluegirl

I'm not sure why it's got a bad rating, but personally it's doing so well for me! I saw a package of two at Costco and I knew I had been neglecting use of sunscreen for a while so I thought to pick it up. It does have a bit of a white cast, but it only takes a bit of a rubbing to get it to go away. I don't really mind though, because it feels that needing to rub it more makes it absorb better. It's been doing wonders for my acne scars too, helping them from getting darker :). I have oily, acne-prone skin and to me, it is really dry-touch :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was recommended by a dermatologist. Supposedly it shouldn't be greasy at all, however i found it makes my face very oily in 2 - 3 hours. Didn't like it as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by pinkyohana

I love love all kinds of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, but use SPF55 alot over the Summer. I just saw that there is a SPF70 and SPF85 and might also use those as well. I do SPF55 with Shisheido and use Neutrogena as an inexpensive alternative. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by shin05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product provides good sun protection and keeps my oily face matte all day. But it has a thick creamy texture, can be hard to spread.
I realised i developed allergic reaction towards it, my face developed rashes and flaked. and i also wanna avoid using this for the oxybenzone content.
it's a good product, but too bad i cant use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

SPF coverage that lasts throughout the day is important to me; my asian skin tends to scar really easily, and due to my recent use of scription topicals it's become an absolute must. I've been using it on and off for the past year---i always thought it was breaking me out, i mean it almost felt like a mask the first time i used it, and just look at that SPF, how could it not? But everytime i've switched brands the only difference i've noticed it that i end up getting sunburned (or tan), so i keep coming back to this; i never sweat it off, and it doesn't make me shiny (in fact it seems to make me more matte). A little goes a long goes a long way, it's true; it'll give you an odd white cast if you apply too generously.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by 96932

I've tried the various SPF levels of the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock series. The 30 seems to work best for daily use. The 45 stung my eyes, the 55 leaves a subtle white cast that makes me look sickly pasty. the 70 was the worst...leaves a white cast and balls up. Have not tried the 85, probably won't.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

I wish the name and description of the product truly delivered on what it says it will do. I was really hoping that this sunblock would be ultra sheer and dry to the touch, but instead it left a slightly pasty appearance and actually made me look pale and sick. I think my skin looked worse when I used this product because I looked like a pasty zombie devoid of circulation. I also experienced the stinging sensation that other reviewers talked about. Save your money and time for something better.