October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by jaymally07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I am blessed with naturally long lashes, I like it be "bam! in your face" eyelashes. So, it looks like it's fake, but they're not. But, it's perfect for me because I wear contact lenses and the mascaras I've worn before made my eyes sting like crazy. This one doesn't. I put it on and forget about it (unless I look in the mirror that is. haha.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

Great product, I have this in brown-black and it's perfect for days when I want a softer look because it does exactly what it claims: lengthen, curls, and volumizes. It does clump a very little bit, but it's nothing a lash comb can't fix.

The wand gives me such a great naturally lush lashes look! I use the side with the longer bristles first to add length and then the side with the shorter bristles to add volume.

What I love ABSOLUTELY MOST about this mascara is it does not smudge on me! Unlike the other One Coat mascaras. I upped the rating to five lippies specifically because of this--since I have oily eyelids and under eye area it's totally hard to find something that stays put =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a pretty good mascara except for the clumps. it does everything it claims - volumizes, curls, lengthens and seperates....but it gets clumpy. and i think the tube is pretty

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by chocolatechip5

Works for me. Curls, Volumizes, and Lengthens. The brush has a longer side and a shorter side. The only problem is that it can clump up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This just didn't work on me at all, clumped like crazy and ended up everywhere! I really didn't like the brush at all it seemed to hold too much product making it impossible to avoid clumping, even after wiping of the brush and wasting the mascara I still ended up with clumps and smeared mascara. Almay's one coat nourishing Lengthing with the regular brush is so much better than this. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really couldn't care less about the brush, which has shorter bristles on one side than the other. However, this mascara is great if you want volume and length. It made my lashes look thick and long (compared to my natural short lashes). Unfortunately, like almost every other curling mascara I've tried, it undos the curl from my eyelash curler .

It also doesn't clump, although after 5 hours or so it does flake and smear a bit, but not as much as some other mascaras.

I got this on sale for $4 at rite-aid, and the bottle has so much mascara, I barely even used a third of it before I threw it away (I actually do change my mascara every three months...)

EDIT: I bought this a second time, and I do not even know why I liked it so much before... it doesn't really lenghten, volumize or curl very well, and it makes my eyelashes stick out all over the place. I will not be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by annaliese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is a lopsided design on purpose I believe. Gave me no oomph at all & doesn't last. I ended up with mascara melted residue below my eyes before the day was over. This mascara is very thin & doesn't thicken lashes at all or lengthen hardly at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by herbie2009wvu

I don't care for the brush at all....the mascara is clumpy and is hard to wash off. I did NOT buy waterproof because i hate scrubbing to get my mascara off at the end of a long day (especially because I wear contacts) and I am not happy with the difficulty to remove this mascara :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG. I finally found it! It hold my curled lashes, doesn't flake or smudge, lengthens AND thickens and hardly clumps (when it starts to do that, I toss it cus its been about 2 months anyways). I love the applicator; your regular teddy bear brush, but one side is like a comb, the other side is normal. Will ALWAYS repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh Almay, how I love you! Sorry I forgot about you for such a long time 'cause I got all snobby with my makeup. See, somewhere along the line, I got it in my head that Clinique and Lancome make the best mascaras. I've tried at least 6 different formulas between those two brands, and they ALL gave me hideous raccoon eyes. Almay... just doesn't. What more can I say about that? It doesn't flake off, it doesn't smudge (even when worn on the lower lashes, or if you rub your eyes). It's a cosmetic miracle! Now, with that in mind... this masc doesn't exactly deliver on its promises. What this SHOULD be advertised as is a good, non-smudging, non-flaking, lengthening mascara. The wand is awesome, with asymetrical bristles. The shorter ones are great for getting into tricky close-to-the-eyeball spots without poking yourself, and the longer ones seem to help work out any little globs that might pop up here and there (as they will with ANY mascara). So... while this product doesn't exactly live up to what the packaging says it will do, it's a great mascara nonetheless. I would recommend this to anyone who has problems with mascara smudging on them, to somebody who wants a natural look, or to somebody who has naturally good lashes that they just want to darken (the blackest black colour is indeed VERY black).

EDIT: I've been reminded as to why I stopped buying Almay in the first place. While this stuff looks great when first applied, and doesn't smudge... it seems to disappear into the ether as the day goes on! My lashes have blonde tips, so this effect is very apparent on me. After several hours of wear, my lashes look short and broken, because of the wearing off process. It'll still do in a pinch (like if you're not intending to be out and about for an 8 hour day), but unfortunately it's undeserving of the glowing review I first gave it. I've been using Marcelle for a few days now and I'm having far superior results with that one.