September 21, 2014 | 2056 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xuetings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is ERRRRR-MAZING!! Before this product i was using my OPI Nail Envy Matte as the basecoat. ive heard lots of good reviews about the opi one and it doesnt help me in strengthening my nails or anything.

Each time after i used any regular basecoat and a couple of coats of nail polish with SV topcoat, my manicure would pop off and peel and chip after 3 days!!!

Now after using orly bonder, my manicure lasted for a week with ABSOLUTELY NO CHIP or PEELING!!! i was reallly really surprised by the outcome.

p/s it only lasted a week because i got sick of the color and i wanted to change my manicure. :) really recommend this to everyone. and i have soft and thin nails which makes my nail polish peels and chip more. and orly bonder took care of it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This along with SV are my HG when it comes to nail products. I have to say the combination make my np stay on for days and days with out chipping. Prior to this my nail polish would alway chip an hour after painting. I do not notice a funky smell or funny coloring of my nails after use. I am thrilled with this product. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second bottle of this. I like that it dries really quick, and it seems to work pretty well, although I can't tell if it's this or my CHI topcoat that keeps my polish on for so long. A little expensive, but it lasts foreve, and I do my nails once a week

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

This is an excellent basecoat, it dries so fast, it makes mi nails last for a whole week and a little more with no chipping whatsoever, by far the best basecoat I've ever tried. It doesn't make mi nails orange like some other people say... at least not yet (I have been using it for the last couple months regularly.)

All I can say is that it is a great basecoat that lasts a long time and has very very little or no chipping.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this back when it was the only sticky-base product on the market that you could find.

Back then, it was better than anything else b/c it had no competitors. Nowadays I get better results with SH Nail Quencher or Jessica Bend Don't Break.

I don't like how Bonder turns yellow in the bottle over time (initially it starts out fairly colorless) but it doesn't stain my nails yellow as far as I can tell (I used it recently on my toes).

What I hate the most is that all my toenail polish popped off within a few days & the polish on the big toes peeled off easily. Not impressed with that performance at all! Tossed my old bottle & won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love this product for the fact that it keeps my polish on for 5-7 days with very minimal chipping. However, it has one major flaw: staining my nails orange. This has caused me to start trying other basecoats in hopes of finding a similar one. I can already see a good deal of normal colored nails growing out since I have stopped using this so it seems my theory that 'Bonder' was the cause of the orange staining was correct. I went ahead and gave this product a fairly good rating because it does an amazing job as a basecoat but I don't appreciate the staining.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this one. I love the application, I love how it makes my polish lasts for over a week (although I usually change it sooner), and Iove how it strengthens the nails. The only downside? It tends to stain the nails, just like any other basecoat I've tried *sigh*
So until something better comes along, I'll keep on using this.

EDIT: I just noticed this is not B3F, so I will not buy again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this base coat! I was pretty skeptical since I've heard about polish chipping off, but so far it's worked well for me. I do change my polish every week so that may not serve any justice, that and I only use OPI (if I use any other brand my nails would look sooooo horrible). My little sister uses OPI too and noticed that her polish chipped fast.... after recommending this product she has seen some positive results.....and she definitely doesn't have the paitience to paint her nails every week like I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Did not work for me. Nail polish chipped in a day and in a few days could peel completely off large chunks. (nails were cleaned of all oils before application) It does dry quickly though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Nlightened1

Love this!! i was on the hunt 4 a good basecoat that would keep my nail color on longer than a week. n thank God 4 the reviews on here. now i cant live without this. great stuff