April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by NailAddict

I absolutely love this product. Its a must have for any home manicure kit. The nail polish adheres to the bonder without bubbles or streaks and it dries quickly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My local Ulta sold out of it. I have to order from Orly website. The Rubberized base coat made polish easy to apply. No bubbles, last longer. It is the One.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Floranoir

This product makes my nail polish last for 5 days without any chipping (usually it only lasts 2 or 3). Overall it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by supaflyflip

I absolutely, positively LOVE this product!! I have been using Orly's Bonder for many years now. I use this for my mani/pedi all the time. It does hold your polish a lot longer and I use it as my base, after my basic routine of filing and buffing. You can't go wrong with this product at all. Try it if you haven't yet...you'll see a difference in the duration of your nail polish.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Sasswagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bonder does seem to work to keep polishes from chipping - while I place more weight on topcoat than basecoat for prolonging wear, I tried one of the Orly mattes over Bonder and had no chips with no topcoat for 3 days. However, Bonder has a fatal flaw - it's orange, and will stain your nails orange. One of the things I look for in a basecoat is protection from staining, and in this respect, it failed miserably. My boyfriend asked if I'd been eating Cheetos. The bottle of Bonder went back in the nail polish drawer that day, never to be seen again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by BethAnn82

Great base coat! My mani's wear FOREVER with this base. I also love the rubberized cap. Makes it so easy to grab and undo the top quickly. I use this with Seche Vite top coat and get great results every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by toots13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Bonder! It really makes my manicures last for a full week and maybe longer but I always change by then. This works with all my brands of polish and top coats and really has made a difference by preventing chips, cracks, and tip wear for a week. It can slightly stain my nails a bit yellow if I use it continually, however that doesn't bother me as I always keep my nails polished and I think many polishes themselves seem to stain a bit. It works great by itself or over a treatment or ridgefiller. Every time I skip it I can see wear in 3 days instead of a week. You can get if for 4 or 5 bucks at Sally's or online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Orly Bonder. It creates a great surface for my nail polish to adhere to. This is my routine, like it or leave it: Nail Tek Foundation II ridge filling base coat followed by OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener followed by Orly Bonder followed by however many coats of nail color then Seche Vite top coat. Makes my manis look great and last. I have had manicures last two weeks with this regime and my nails don't break often. I don't usually keep a color on, though, by choice, more than a day or two. Nail Polish ADD. BTW, Orly Bonder dries quickly. Don't be afraid of adding it as a layer. With this routine, I have never had a problem with staining and I find that even evil glitters come off without tears. Enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by win24

Wow, I'm shocked. My mani has been on for a few days and still looks good as new. I needed a new base coat and picked this one up at Sally's. I've never had a mani last for this long. It always chips on me. There's no chipping at all. In fact I might have to take off my polish because I'm tired of wearing it! ;+) I will only buy this for now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite base coat. My manicures don't chip or peel when I use it. In fact the only reason why I redo my nails weekly is that they grow so fast that the nail bed near the cuticle gets this ugly gap. It dries fast, goes on easily, and really does bind the polish to the nail. Love it and won't do a manicure without it!