Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

"Unsure" is a word batted about in relation to this product, and that's pretty much how I feel about it. It is a really nice, thin base coat- it's a lot thinner and easier to apply than the Sally Hansen base coat polish I used for awhile- but I'm not sure this will make your manicure last longer. I've used this on two manicures and both lasted about as long as they do when I used my old, cheaper base which is about two to three days. I just don't think the higher price is justified, at least not yet. I might change my rating after a few more manicures and some more playing around with the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I recently switched from CND Stickey to Orly Bonder because it is cheaper and more readily available and I love it! Its thin, dries quickly and keeps your polish in place! It has not stained my nails or made them peel. I will only use this BC from now on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like the reviewer before me, I'm not sure about Bonder, either. I use it in conjunction with Seche Vite as a topcoat, and my polish usually lasts 3-4 days before it starts chipping significantly. So, I can't say that it really holds up to these claims of manicures lasting a week or more, although maybe I'm somehow doing it wrong.
I will say that it hasn't stained my nails at all, and it protects my nails from getting stained by those dark, vampy polishes that I love. My nails look fresh once the polish is removed, not gross or yellow. They have been peeling more than usual, but I'm not sure it's due to the Bonder, and I'm using a strengthening treatment anyway.
I'm on the fence with this one. It's not horrible but it's not the best basecoat I've ever tried. The bottle has lasted for a few months with barely 1/3 of it gone, so I'll probably use what I have left, then make up my mind about buying it again or buying a different basecoat.

First, let me say that im not really sure how i feel about this product even though i've had it for about 5 months. That is why my rating is a 3, not because its bad, just because im unsure:) I think that for what it does, i might of just gotten it at a bad price at cvs, i think that its a bit too pricey though cuz i wasnt too blown away and i think that it was around 7 dollars without tax. I actually do like the packaging because its very convenient, however, to some people the rubber can tend to look a bit cheap.Would i buy this product again? maybe, but i dont think i will because there are so many base coats out there and this one wasnt exactly what im looking for so i dont think i will. hope i helped:)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is hands down the best base coat I have used..... ever. I have been through my share of base and top coats trying to find the perfect match. For me the match is Orly Rubber Bonder as the base, and Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat. This pairing makes my manicure last longer than ever before.

I notice minimal tip wear, and minor chiping into the 4th day. That is a miracle for me as chiping usually happens by day two for me (I'm rough on my hands and nails) Even though there were chips, they were very small and hardly noticeable when compared to using other base coats like China Glaze, OPI and Zoya.

Application is a breeze, and also leaves my nails super strong. My nails are prone to breakage (probably due to over exposure of Acetone Nail Polish remover) but since using this, my manicure lasts longer, which means I use acetone less, and my nails are very thankful. I don't see this being discontinued anytime soon due to its popularity, so as long as they keep making, I'll keep buying.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A good base coat, I wear it over Nailtrition by Orly as well as I heard here on MUA that it can make your nails brittle. It makes my nail polish last a bit longer than usual, but I suppose that I'll probably never find any better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

oh my gosh!! this is the best base coat ever!!!....the mac base coat its pretty good too....but this base coat makes my nailpolish last longer....my nails are doing fine...and i wear nail polish every day...i am almost done with the bottle ready to buy my second one... :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I loved Orly Bonder at first - it does exactly what it says it will. Once polish is applied over this base, it doesnt budge. My manicures were lasting a week or more. Thinner polish can be a bit difficult to apply simply because it grips so well.

The problem? This stuff DESTROYED my nails. I am lucky to have very resilient, strong nails - i never get breakage or peeling, and my nails grow super fast. However, with regular use of Bonder, my nails became stained and yellowed, and started peeling like crazy.

Since switching to Poshe, my nails have gone back to normal - the yellowing has grown out and the peeling has dissapeared.

I give Bonder 2 stars because its affordable and does what it says, but there is no way this stuff is at all good for your nails if you're using it regularly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bonder is the first BC I've ever used, and before using BC when only using SV, my nailpolish would only last one day before chipping and peeling. With Bonder, My nailpolish lasts 5-7 days with no chips and only a little tipwear. However, I have only been using Bonder for 5 weeks and my nails are already starting to be stained by it (my nails were not very stained before using Bonder). I'm not going to repurchase and will be on the lookout for either Nailtek Foundation II or Gelous BC to replace Bonder.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been using this under all of my mani pedi's since I bought this last year. I love it! Creates the perfect base for all my opi, essie and china glaze colors. And I love the packaging! I will be purchasing this again.
**UPDATE**06/19/11 I've since tried the Seche Vite base coat and my mani's last longer with it. The bonder made my polishes chip quicker. And yes, my nails are healthy and dry with no lotion or oil on them when I start. Get a different base coat ladies. Especially if you want your polish to last a full 7 days.

Top Rated Orly Products