November 22, 2014 | 1933 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really noticed that my mani/pedi stays put longer when using bonder. It dries pretty quickly but does have some strong fumes. I usually have to reapply polish almost every other day prior to using this. Bonder seems to grip the polish down at the nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

whew! this stuff smells! I got this to use under a few polishes I have problems getting to wear more than a day (all my OPI's and Zoya matte polishes). I put this over SH 'double duty' base/top coat to keep it from staining my nails, and it worked great. I got nearly 3 days of wear out of the Zoya mattes, when w/o this I noticed tiny chips and tip wear 12 hours after application (it should be noted that for 9 of those hours I was asleep - seriously how tough can sheets be on nail polish!?). I will definitely repuchase when I use up my current bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

On the fence about this product. On one hand this prevents my nails form being stained by my (normally dark) polish but now I am reading reviews about this product itself actually staining nails orange. I will have to keep an eye out for this. It dries really fast but I haven't noticed my polish lasting any longer. I only have my toenails painted and my pedicures seem to last forever anyway (I normally have to take off the polish because of nail reqrowth showing, not because of the polish actually chipping). So I am not sure whether I would buy this again purely to stop my nails getting stained as it doesn't make my polish last longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh Bonder, we had such a good thing going there for a while... I think this is a good basecoat for short term use, because it does help prevent chipping. After a few months of use, though, my nails have started peeling and separating like crazy. I'm switching to a basecoat that is better for my poor (now) damaged nails. And yes, I do think it stains my nails too. Blech.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i still get chips with this basecoat I am not happy with it, will not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xuetings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is ERRRRR-MAZING!! Before this product i was using my OPI Nail Envy Matte as the basecoat. ive heard lots of good reviews about the opi one and it doesnt help me in strengthening my nails or anything.

Each time after i used any regular basecoat and a couple of coats of nail polish with SV topcoat, my manicure would pop off and peel and chip after 3 days!!!

Now after using orly bonder, my manicure lasted for a week with ABSOLUTELY NO CHIP or PEELING!!! i was reallly really surprised by the outcome.

p/s it only lasted a week because i got sick of the color and i wanted to change my manicure. :) really recommend this to everyone. and i have soft and thin nails which makes my nail polish peels and chip more. and orly bonder took care of it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This along with SV are my HG when it comes to nail products. I have to say the combination make my np stay on for days and days with out chipping. Prior to this my nail polish would alway chip an hour after painting. I do not notice a funky smell or funny coloring of my nails after use. I am thrilled with this product. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second bottle of this. I like that it dries really quick, and it seems to work pretty well, although I can't tell if it's this or my CHI topcoat that keeps my polish on for so long. A little expensive, but it lasts foreve, and I do my nails once a week

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

This is an excellent basecoat, it dries so fast, it makes mi nails last for a whole week and a little more with no chipping whatsoever, by far the best basecoat I've ever tried. It doesn't make mi nails orange like some other people say... at least not yet (I have been using it for the last couple months regularly.)

All I can say is that it is a great basecoat that lasts a long time and has very very little or no chipping.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this back when it was the only sticky-base product on the market that you could find.

Back then, it was better than anything else b/c it had no competitors. Nowadays I get better results with SH Nail Quencher or Jessica Bend Don't Break.

I don't like how Bonder turns yellow in the bottle over time (initially it starts out fairly colorless) but it doesn't stain my nails yellow as far as I can tell (I used it recently on my toes).

What I hate the most is that all my toenail polish popped off within a few days & the polish on the big toes peeled off easily. Not impressed with that performance at all! Tossed my old bottle & won't purchase again.