August 21, 2014 | 1012 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second bottle of this. I like that it dries really quick, and it seems to work pretty well, although I can't tell if it's this or my CHI topcoat that keeps my polish on for so long. A little expensive, but it lasts foreve, and I do my nails once a week

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

This is an excellent basecoat, it dries so fast, it makes mi nails last for a whole week and a little more with no chipping whatsoever, by far the best basecoat I've ever tried. It doesn't make mi nails orange like some other people say... at least not yet (I have been using it for the last couple months regularly.)

All I can say is that it is a great basecoat that lasts a long time and has very very little or no chipping.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use this back when it was the only sticky-base product on the market that you could find.

Back then, it was better than anything else b/c it had no competitors. Nowadays I get better results with SH Nail Quencher or Jessica Bend Don't Break.

I don't like how Bonder turns yellow in the bottle over time (initially it starts out fairly colorless) but it doesn't stain my nails yellow as far as I can tell (I used it recently on my toes).

What I hate the most is that all my toenail polish popped off within a few days & the polish on the big toes peeled off easily. Not impressed with that performance at all! Tossed my old bottle & won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love this product for the fact that it keeps my polish on for 5-7 days with very minimal chipping. However, it has one major flaw: staining my nails orange. This has caused me to start trying other basecoats in hopes of finding a similar one. I can already see a good deal of normal colored nails growing out since I have stopped using this so it seems my theory that 'Bonder' was the cause of the orange staining was correct. I went ahead and gave this product a fairly good rating because it does an amazing job as a basecoat but I don't appreciate the staining.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Ainnir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about this one. I love the application, I love how it makes my polish lasts for over a week (although I usually change it sooner), and Iove how it strengthens the nails. The only downside? It tends to stain the nails, just like any other basecoat I've tried *sigh*
So until something better comes along, I'll keep on using this.

EDIT: I just noticed this is not B3F, so I will not buy again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MissIrene85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this base coat! I was pretty skeptical since I've heard about polish chipping off, but so far it's worked well for me. I do change my polish every week so that may not serve any justice, that and I only use OPI (if I use any other brand my nails would look sooooo horrible). My little sister uses OPI too and noticed that her polish chipped fast.... after recommending this product she has seen some positive results.....and she definitely doesn't have the paitience to paint her nails every week like I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Did not work for me. Nail polish chipped in a day and in a few days could peel completely off large chunks. (nails were cleaned of all oils before application) It does dry quickly though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Nlightened1

Love this!! i was on the hunt 4 a good basecoat that would keep my nail color on longer than a week. n thank God 4 the reviews on here. now i cant live without this. great stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by NailAddict

I absolutely love this product. Its a must have for any home manicure kit. The nail polish adheres to the bonder without bubbles or streaks and it dries quickly.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My local Ulta sold out of it. I have to order from Orly website. The Rubberized base coat made polish easy to apply. No bubbles, last longer. It is the One.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No