Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

4.1

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 9/25/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bonder is the first BC I've ever used, and before using BC when only using SV, my nailpolish would only last one day before chipping and peeling. With Bonder, My nailpolish lasts 5-7 days with no chips and only a little tipwear. However, I have only been using Bonder for 5 weeks and my nails are already starting to be stained by it (my nails were not very stained before using Bonder). I'm not going to repurchase and will be on the lookout for either Nailtek Foundation II or Gelous BC to replace Bonder.

on 9/22/2010 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been using this under all of my mani pedi's since I bought this last year. I love it! Creates the perfect base for all my opi, essie and china glaze colors. And I love the packaging! I will be purchasing this again.
**UPDATE**06/19/11 I've since tried the Seche Vite base coat and my mani's last longer with it. The bonder made my polishes chip quicker. And yes, my nails are healthy and dry with no lotion or oil on them when I start. Get a different base coat ladies. Especially if you want your polish to last a full 7 days.

I have been using this for a few weeks now and it works well, if I have my hands in water alot I do get the peeling so be sure to use rubber gloves when doing dishes and it should help. this works great with orly sec 'n dry and a good quality polish I will buy this again but it wont be anytime soon since I think this bottle will last forver a tip I can give that was passed on to me is after you top coat dries put your hands in ice water for 30 seconds and it makes the polish even harder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

My mom introduced me to this product and I love it. It really does make my polish last longer and is reasonably priced!

on 8/4/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

So far so good!

Usually my nail polish chips after a few hours and needs to be re-done every other day.

This has made my nail polish last longer with fewer chips!

I am worried about the splitting/peeling other reviewers have reported, I will watch out for this.

I love the Orly rubberized grips! I usually put rubber bands on my other nail polish handles to make them easier to open

on 7/21/2010 6:36:00 PM

i absolutely love this product! i have been struggling to keep my nail polish not chip, and decided to give this a try. i think the trick with this is to apply your polish on top of it while it's still wet. i've done it a million times after the bonder dries, and a few times with the bonder still wet and the wet seems to keep it on longer. my manicure usually chips within hours, but with this product i don't find much chipping until the 5th or 6th day of wear. even then it's mostly tip wear. i haven't experienced any discoloration of my nails yet. this as a base + polish + seche vite = AMAZING manicure that lasts!

With all the positive reviews on this product I was excited to try it.....WELL....although it did keep my polish on longer I found my nails themselves starting to peel & split. Several weeks later and i'm still growing them out. I guess i'm on the hunt for something better. It's too bad.

on 7/16/2010 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really good base coat! It makes my polish last longer and go on smoother! Love it!

on 7/16/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Switched to this from Nail Envy after having a manicure done with Bonder that lasted for almost 2 weeks! I have very thin, peely nails that need to be covered or they will break, tear, and peel very quickly. This stuff dries fast to a tacky finish and really holds on to the polish. Bonder + Polish + SV gives my nails better protection and less chipping than the Nail Envy routine. Highly recommend! Will update if I see signs of staining.

UPDATE: Oh yes, it will stain your nails orange with repeated use. Still great for pedis though, but I'm knocking it down to 3 stars.

on 7/15/2010 11:34:00 PM

I really noticed that my mani/pedi stays put longer when using bonder. It dries pretty quickly but does have some strong fumes. I usually have to reapply polish almost every other day prior to using this. Bonder seems to grip the polish down at the nail.

Top Rated Orly Products