December 19, 2014 | 1303 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by InCognito1223

With all the positive reviews on this product I was excited to try it.....WELL....although it did keep my polish on longer I found my nails themselves starting to peel & split. Several weeks later and i'm still growing them out. I guess i'm on the hunt for something better. It's too bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good base coat! It makes my polish last longer and go on smoother! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Switched to this from Nail Envy after having a manicure done with Bonder that lasted for almost 2 weeks! I have very thin, peely nails that need to be covered or they will break, tear, and peel very quickly. This stuff dries fast to a tacky finish and really holds on to the polish. Bonder + Polish + SV gives my nails better protection and less chipping than the Nail Envy routine. Highly recommend! Will update if I see signs of staining.

UPDATE: Oh yes, it will stain your nails orange with repeated use. Still great for pedis though, but I'm knocking it down to 3 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really noticed that my mani/pedi stays put longer when using bonder. It dries pretty quickly but does have some strong fumes. I usually have to reapply polish almost every other day prior to using this. Bonder seems to grip the polish down at the nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

whew! this stuff smells! I got this to use under a few polishes I have problems getting to wear more than a day (all my OPI's and Zoya matte polishes). I put this over SH 'double duty' base/top coat to keep it from staining my nails, and it worked great. I got nearly 3 days of wear out of the Zoya mattes, when w/o this I noticed tiny chips and tip wear 12 hours after application (it should be noted that for 9 of those hours I was asleep - seriously how tough can sheets be on nail polish!?). I will definitely repuchase when I use up my current bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

On the fence about this product. On one hand this prevents my nails form being stained by my (normally dark) polish but now I am reading reviews about this product itself actually staining nails orange. I will have to keep an eye out for this. It dries really fast but I haven't noticed my polish lasting any longer. I only have my toenails painted and my pedicures seem to last forever anyway (I normally have to take off the polish because of nail reqrowth showing, not because of the polish actually chipping). So I am not sure whether I would buy this again purely to stop my nails getting stained as it doesn't make my polish last longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh Bonder, we had such a good thing going there for a while... I think this is a good basecoat for short term use, because it does help prevent chipping. After a few months of use, though, my nails have started peeling and separating like crazy. I'm switching to a basecoat that is better for my poor (now) damaged nails. And yes, I do think it stains my nails too. Blech.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i still get chips with this basecoat I am not happy with it, will not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xuetings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is ERRRRR-MAZING!! Before this product i was using my OPI Nail Envy Matte as the basecoat. ive heard lots of good reviews about the opi one and it doesnt help me in strengthening my nails or anything.

Each time after i used any regular basecoat and a couple of coats of nail polish with SV topcoat, my manicure would pop off and peel and chip after 3 days!!!

Now after using orly bonder, my manicure lasted for a week with ABSOLUTELY NO CHIP or PEELING!!! i was reallly really surprised by the outcome.

p/s it only lasted a week because i got sick of the color and i wanted to change my manicure. :) really recommend this to everyone. and i have soft and thin nails which makes my nail polish peels and chip more. and orly bonder took care of it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This along with SV are my HG when it comes to nail products. I have to say the combination make my np stay on for days and days with out chipping. Prior to this my nail polish would alway chip an hour after painting. I do not notice a funky smell or funny coloring of my nails after use. I am thrilled with this product. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!