Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/17/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

A good base coat, I wear it over Nailtrition by Orly as well as I heard here on MUA that it can make your nails brittle. It makes my nail polish last a bit longer than usual, but I suppose that I'll probably never find any better.

on 10/24/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

oh my gosh!! this is the best base coat ever!!!....the mac base coat its pretty good too....but this base coat makes my nailpolish last longer....my nails are doing fine...and i wear nail polish every day...i am almost done with the bottle ready to buy my second one... :)

on 10/14/2010 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I loved Orly Bonder at first - it does exactly what it says it will. Once polish is applied over this base, it doesnt budge. My manicures were lasting a week or more. Thinner polish can be a bit difficult to apply simply because it grips so well.

The problem? This stuff DESTROYED my nails. I am lucky to have very resilient, strong nails - i never get breakage or peeling, and my nails grow super fast. However, with regular use of Bonder, my nails became stained and yellowed, and started peeling like crazy.

Since switching to Poshe, my nails have gone back to normal - the yellowing has grown out and the peeling has dissapeared.

I give Bonder 2 stars because its affordable and does what it says, but there is no way this stuff is at all good for your nails if you're using it regularly.

on 9/25/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bonder is the first BC I've ever used, and before using BC when only using SV, my nailpolish would only last one day before chipping and peeling. With Bonder, My nailpolish lasts 5-7 days with no chips and only a little tipwear. However, I have only been using Bonder for 5 weeks and my nails are already starting to be stained by it (my nails were not very stained before using Bonder). I'm not going to repurchase and will be on the lookout for either Nailtek Foundation II or Gelous BC to replace Bonder.

on 9/22/2010 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been using this under all of my mani pedi's since I bought this last year. I love it! Creates the perfect base for all my opi, essie and china glaze colors. And I love the packaging! I will be purchasing this again.
**UPDATE**06/19/11 I've since tried the Seche Vite base coat and my mani's last longer with it. The bonder made my polishes chip quicker. And yes, my nails are healthy and dry with no lotion or oil on them when I start. Get a different base coat ladies. Especially if you want your polish to last a full 7 days.

I have been using this for a few weeks now and it works well, if I have my hands in water alot I do get the peeling so be sure to use rubber gloves when doing dishes and it should help. this works great with orly sec 'n dry and a good quality polish I will buy this again but it wont be anytime soon since I think this bottle will last forver a tip I can give that was passed on to me is after you top coat dries put your hands in ice water for 30 seconds and it makes the polish even harder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

My mom introduced me to this product and I love it. It really does make my polish last longer and is reasonably priced!

on 8/4/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

So far so good!

Usually my nail polish chips after a few hours and needs to be re-done every other day.

This has made my nail polish last longer with fewer chips!

I am worried about the splitting/peeling other reviewers have reported, I will watch out for this.

I love the Orly rubberized grips! I usually put rubber bands on my other nail polish handles to make them easier to open

on 7/21/2010 6:36:00 PM

i absolutely love this product! i have been struggling to keep my nail polish not chip, and decided to give this a try. i think the trick with this is to apply your polish on top of it while it's still wet. i've done it a million times after the bonder dries, and a few times with the bonder still wet and the wet seems to keep it on longer. my manicure usually chips within hours, but with this product i don't find much chipping until the 5th or 6th day of wear. even then it's mostly tip wear. i haven't experienced any discoloration of my nails yet. this as a base + polish + seche vite = AMAZING manicure that lasts!

With all the positive reviews on this product I was excited to try it.....WELL....although it did keep my polish on longer I found my nails themselves starting to peel & split. Several weeks later and i'm still growing them out. I guess i'm on the hunt for something better. It's too bad.

Top Rated Orly Products