CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a plain moisturizer that works for me. It does not feel greasy, even hours later (which is not usually the case so this is a big plus). I've been using this for several months already so it is a good value price-wise.

on 12/6/2012 1:42:00 PM

This stuff is awful. It's greasy, does not absorb into the skin, and it gave me small white pimples all over my face. For an over-the-counter face lotion, it's not cheap either. My dermatologist RAVED about this and didn't understand when I told her it made my face worse.

on 12/4/2012 2:01:00 PM

It's a nice overall moisturizer, it seems to sink in quickly. And a little goes a long way. But I thought the 'acid' in it and how it's supposed to go deep down into your pores would help with preventing the oiliness on my skin from coming back after washing my face. But I still find myself breaking out, and worst of all the oiliness on my face hasn't been improved at all. This product was way too expensive for the amount that you get. I won't be buying this lotion again. I'd rather just use an overall lotion for my body and face, it's cheaper anyway and does the same job.

on 11/17/2012 10:53:00 PM

My derm recommended this, but i swear this breaks me out. I tell them that, but they defend the product. i feel like they recommend everyone the same products. Well this product isnt for my fair, acne prone, sensitive skin. When i put it on i feel like it sits on top of my skin, and never actually helps my dryness.

on 11/10/2012 1:11:00 AM

OMG!!! I love this cleanser and moisturizer!!! I was having some dry, flaky skin issues on my face for quite some time. I went to the dermatologist expecting to be told that I would need some costly treatment or prescription. I was a little ambivalent when the dr. recommended Cerave Cleanser and Moisturizer. I thought there was no way that an OTC product was going to help since I had already tried so many. I used the samples that the dr had given me and I was more-than-pleasantly surprised. Within a week, my skin was completely transformed! I have since started using it on my entire body. My previously red, dry and flaky elbows are now smooth and my previously beyond-dry legs are silky smooth! I've also bought it for my teenage son who has had both eczema and sebhorreic dermititis. I won't go so far as to claim that it got rid of these conditions, but it definitely helped to moisturize his skin and made a very noticeable improvement.

on 11/6/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I finally got around to trying the legendary Cerave moisturiser Ė something Iíve been meaning to do every time Iíve visited the States. Itís not a highly popular product for nothing Ė it contains excellent ingredients to replenish and hydrate skin, absorbs fast, and performs great all around. However, I can find similar moisturisers where I live, so itís no use ordering this with huge postage costs. Otherwise I would definitely buy again.

on 11/3/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It broke me out despite all the amazing technology the company uses.

on 11/1/2012 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, dry cheeks) and sensitive skin. I heard so much about Cerave I decided to try this moisturizer for my face. It felt lightweight and not overly greasy. However my skin felt a bit tingly and I noticed I broke out in a few painful bumps. I stopped using the product and the bumps disappeared. So in other words I would not repurchase.

on 10/26/2012 1:38:00 AM

I have used the Cerave body lotion on my body skin every day for the past several years and it does a fine job. I will continue to use it in this way.

However, the Cerave formula does not work on my face. After just 2 light applications on my cheeks only (fortunately I limited it to my cheeks in order to test it on my "normal" facial skin before subjecting my breakout-prone t-zone to it), the Cerave gave me lasting pimples in the middle of both of my cheeks -- where I never get pimples.

I also wanted to mention that the Cerave PM (marketed for facial skin) has nearly the same ingredients (in nearly the same order on the label) as the Cerave body lotion, but the body lotion comes in a much bigger bottle for about the same amount of money. ....I think that the only difference is that Cerave PM has niacinamide, whilst the body lotion does not.

on 10/25/2012 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After having used the Cerave Hydrating cleanser and the Cerave Cream with great results, I was curious to try the more lighter version of the moisturiser. The first time I used it it left a greasy film on my face, and just do not seem to absorb into my skin. It is very shiny and sticky on me. I then tried it again more recently and it did not seem so greasy. I have to be careful not to apply too much, but otherwise it seems ok. Ill add another lippie and will update if it becomes one of my HGs! EDIT: Wow this lotion is amazing! The more I use it the more I love it! I now prefer it over Cerave Cream! It seems to be very soothing and calming if my skin is irritated, and it seems to plump my skin up too! EDIT: I am finding this to be slightly clogging on my skin now sadly! I didnt have that problem with the Cream. However I prefer the lotion under makeup as it is a better base (the cream is thick) so will use it when needed.