July 22, 2014 | 2041 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by BlancheDevereaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG. I've tried lots of moisturizers in the past and they either irritated my skin or felt clogging. I've even gone down the oil route. I love this stuff. I can slather it on and no matter what it soaks in instantly and leaves my face soft but matte. It has totally calmed down my skin and I love that it comes in a huge pump bottle so I can use it all over my face and body!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by JN4eva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok not sure if this product made me break out or not because i had some clogged pores already. However after putting this on the first night i woke up and the clogged pore that i had turned into pimples. So i got mad and stopped using it. I might one day return to this since it was cheap for the amount that it comes in. but that wont be until after all my clogged pores are gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite head to toe moisturizer. It is inexpensive, simple, hydrate and comes with a pump which I like. I always use expensive top notch brand (I still love SKII) but nothing is comparable to this lotion. I have acne prone (usually 3 to 5 deep painful acne), dehydrated and sensitive skin. This product is not cater for very dry skin, for very dry skin, I recommend Impruv cream and I use Impruv around my eyes because my eye area are super dry. It is good for normal skin to dry skin.

My routine:
Cleanser: CerVea hydranting cleanser AM and Bioderma H2O, Clinque Take it away makeup remover for eyes and CerVea facial foaming cleanser PM
Toner: SKII Facial tratement essence (it is not a toner but I am being cheap and don't see the point to invest a toner and thats why using this instead)
Treatment: Neutrogena Stress Control Acne 3 in 1 treatment AM and Differn 0.1 cream (the most gentle form of Retin A) PM
Serum: SKII cellumination essense
Moisturizer: Cerave Moisturizing lotion AM and PM
Eye cream: Impruv cream

My skin has been clear and perfect since using this routine. Don't layer two acne treatment at the same time. It only dried up your skin but won't heal your skin because when our skin is too irriated, will definitely slow down its healing process.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kayladsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sweet and simple moisturizer. I have very sensitive, acneic skin, and this keeps my face baby soft and I haven't broken out or had a reaction to this, even after using it for months. It is very lightweight but moisturizes well. You get a lot of product for the price, too. Since I really only use this as a face lotion, it lasts a long time. I do like it, if I have bug bites or irritations from shaving, as a body lotion because it is soothing, but it is not my favorite for moisture, body wise. (I will put this on first and something heavier on top). I also use this on my lips at night, then put Aquaphor on top to seal it in, and it keeps them satiny. This would be the first lotion I would recommend to anyone, and I will continue to purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily night and day moisturizer. Doesn't break out my sensitive, acne prone skin. However, now that I'm on a strong retinoid and topical antibiotic treatment for my acne, it's not moisturizing enough. I'm using Dermalogica until my skin is clear, then I'll most definitely be going back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion makes my face so soft it's crazy! I'm constantly telling people to feel my face cause I can't believe how amazing it feels. This is the only lotion to make my skin softer in the long run, even when I'm not wearing it. My face reacts badly to many lotions, so this is a god send. It is pricey for a drugstore find, but a little goes a long way. I always use too much of everything, and this lotion is no exception....the great thing about it is unlike most lotions when you put too much on, tend to flake off or ball up, this just sinks right in. I've never broken out from it and will definitely be repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is sooo great. ever since i've stepped away from fancy skincare products (kiehls and clinique) my skin has been thanking me for it. (it's because i have acne) now i only have 1 pimple when i used to have pretty bad acne. I use this as night on top of my neutragena nightly exfoliating acne treatment (clear greenish gel) and it sinks in so quickly and my skin feels moisturized and not sticky at all! it's so basic and great for teenagers who struggle w/ acne. I even use this sometimes in the morning so my spf moisturizer can blend in a bit easier (clinique city block sheer spf 25, which i love as well) if you have acne and haven't found anything that has worked for you..this is great for at night time. it doens't have antioxidants and anti aging properties other expensive products have but if you're a teenager you don't really need that ( like i ). + even if you want something w/ antioxidants just get an antioxidant laden gel you can mix it in w/ this. ( i use beauticontrol brightening elixr) but i hear md formulations gel is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by llook57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using cerave hyd. cleanser and lotion for years (I'm 55) Hyaluronic acid needs moisture in order to put moisture in your skin. So I've always misted my face w/water before the lotion, and as many times as possible after, before putting on my makeup. Especially in dry winter months, and I work in a VERY VERY low humidity factory. I use to use ALL kinds of creams and lotions, but would move on after they would clog my pores, then I'd have to use clay masks to get rid of blackhead. Misting with water is a LOT less time consuming. I even used Cetaphil products for a while, but to me, moisture is better than any oils or petroleum, etc., for keeping my skin soft, even at work or wintertime. My makeup goes on a LOT better and I don't look like an oil slick after 3 or 4 hrs. I'm dedicated to Cerave

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

During certain times of the year, I get eczema only on my hands (thank goodness). My dermatologist gave me a bunch of samples of this. This did absoloutley nothing to moisturize my skin. The consistency was way too thin for it to even moisturize my hands. It was watery & sticky. I didn't actually pay for this, so I don't really know how much this costs. But, any price would be too much to pay for this. The quality of this is terrible. I will never buy this. There are many way better options out there, & cheaper ones I'm sure. If you really want a good moisturizing lotion, get curel dry & itch defense or Aveeno lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, it is now safe for me to say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I was waiting to write a review until I was sure that I loved it as much as I thought I did in the beginning, and now I AM SURE. I have bad acne, very persistent, I get clogged pores as well as those terrible cystic pimples all around my jaw/chin.

I was using Dan Kern's acne.org regimen, and the BP was drying out my skin horrendously, the moisturizer in the regimen kit just wasn't enough to combat it, so I went on a search for something that could help. First, I went back to basics, thinking that my miracle may lie in one of those cheap, classic products like Avon's Nurtura or Pond's moisturizer that many women rave about. Both of those = terrible, terrible mistake for this girl's skin!!! Then I decided maybe natural was the way to go. I began using pure organic jojoba oil and then tried organic grapeseed oil. These were ok, but still left me with plenty of flakiness, plus were pretty difficult to deal with in the mornings because they take forever to sink in so you have to wait and wait to put on makeup. Finally, I remembered my dermatologist had given me samples of CeraVe products several years ago, which I couldn't really remember the results of, but figured I would retry those products again. And I am oh so glad that I did!

Now that I have been using it consistently (morning and night) for several weeks, I am confident that it will be my forever moisturizer. No bells and whistles about the packaging, but man does this stuff get the job done, and do it well!!! No breakouts from this... actually, in combination with the foaming cleanser, i would say it actually has helped with the redness and irritation and overall condition of my skin. Best of all, no more flaking around my mouth and chin!

Please give it a try. For about $11 @ Wal-Mart, you can get a 12 oz. bottle with a handy (& hygienic) pump dispenser. If you are only using it for face, that will last you quite a while, so it is well worth every penny.