April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I've suffered with skin issues all of my adult life due to Lupus... took me (and my doctors) way too long to realize I was't helping matters by using products which were causing more harm than good to my sensitive skin. Since I began working this into my routine, my skin looks and feels incredible, and I never would've imagined something so gentle could provide such amazing results. My skin had become dehydrated and was overreactive to the harsh chemicals in most products, but has since calmed down and looks clearer now than it has in many years.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by KandEandS

Its the best lotion out there. Non greasy application and my skin just glows with hydration.Since its winter I put this on morning and night before going to bed. This lotion is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have rosacea and suffer from severe adult acne which I have been on oral spironolactone and Differin 0.1% lotion for a year (the medication save my skin btw!) Cerava lotion is super gentle and really absorbed and moisturize my skin. My skin feels supple and smooth! I even use it all over on my eyes area since I am too sensitive to even eye creme now. I am a makeup and skincare junkie and I have tried literally EVERYTHING in drug store and sephora. Cerave is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by amardjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lotion. For reference, I have acne, rosacea and eczema skin. I apply this lotion on my face and it will calm my skin. It is my HG moisturizer after my HG Triceram has been discontinued. I hate the AM and PM lotions as I had a bad reactions from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by AlisonMarie95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was recommended this by my dermatologist and it has really lived up to expectations. I only moisturize in the morning... and this stuff does an amazing job of keeping my skin hydrated all day, I still get some flakes, but I think that is only because I am currently using harsh acne treeatments. Doesn't cause pimples.. The pump is great for easy and efficient use, however not so great for traveling. But if you go to a derm then they can give you little samples that are great for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has turned into my go-to facial moisturizer (coupled with CeraVe cream on particularly dry patches). Like others have said, it's a great, noncomedogenic moisturizer that hasn't contributed to my breakouts, so far as I can tell.

I'm in the process of overhauling my face regimen to combat breakouts experienced more frequently and severely in the months since ceasing taking birth control pills. This lotion will remain in the rotation (to use on my face and upper-body) unless something drastically changes (will post update if that proves the case).

The only other facial moisturizers I (very) occasionally use instead are Clinique's Dramatically Different lotion and gel.

** Update 7/2013: Still my go-to facial moisturizer. So rarely touch the Clinique Dramatically Different stuff anymore, usually only when I'm traveling. It was fine, but Cerave lotion is better IMO. Since tried the Cerave PM moisturizer and it broke me out horribly. Might give it one more whirl someday to verify that, but it seemed to completely jack up my skin. So, for me, lotion = good; PM lotion = no go. For the record.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

A little pricey but you get more than the average lotion from this product, i think 13oz? for around 12 bucks. It has ceramides and hyaluronic acid to bind water and moisture to the skin. I was eyeing this in the store because i wanted something to help moisturize my somewhat dry skin and calm my eczema down (inner folds of arms) oh i have KP on the backs of my arms too. Anyway this comes in a pump container and the feel of this lotion isnt you traditional lotion-y feel, its more liquid like Olay's quench but spreads much easier and absorbs very fast. i like that this moisturized and makes my skin soft but it doesnt do much to calm my eczema down. As a bonus it doesnt clog my kp arms. I will repurchase it though as i think it's one of the best bargains at the drugstore.

Edit: I'm loving this and I panic when I run out . It absorbs so fast right out of the shower and really hydrates the skin. Especially my eczematic arms. I went to the doctor a while ago to talk about it (the eczema) and I rolled my arm up to show her and she was like where? I don't see it or any dryness your skin looks smooth and soft. I was like oh thanks, I'm using cerave lotion on it :-) what made this HG status for me was when I used rosehip seed oil on my face , normally my face tolerates this and has been doing so for the past two years . But after one night of using it my eye area was really red and irritated . The texture was uneven and a little bumpy. A bad reaction to the rosehip seed I guess. My face was fine? It looked ugly though, like i got punched in the eye and then swept red eyeshadow under my eyes to top it off. . Anyway the following three nights I used this lotion as an 'eye cream' and the irritation went away completely and the texture went back to normal. I now use this as an 'eye cream' when I want some extra moisture. It's very multi-purpose :-) just don't get it in your eyes , it burns a little like anything would,silly me I got some on my eyelashes and blinked.
I tried the Cerave cream for my skin . I thought i would like it since I liked the lotion , plus it's a better bargain. The cream on my body just wouldn't absorb and felt tacky to the touch all day. With this my skin is smooth and supplly hydrated to the touch. Very velvety. Back to the lotion I went and with the lotion I'll stay .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Wow I can't believe I didn't write a review for this!
I bought the AM, PM & then this. The AM & PM broke my face out. So I switched to this. And while it did work, I found that over time this clogged my pores like no other. I went back and read all the over reviews on this. Basically I'm not alone in that category. A lot of other people had that happen. I ended up going back to the [store's version] of Olay Complete for Sensitive skin and my pores have cleared up. I am also using an AHA lotion so that helps. I don't know if I'd be able to continue using this during the day while using the AHA lotion at night 'cause I haven't tried it out. I want clear skin! I wouldn't recommend this for people who are acne prone, have sensitive skin, or clog-prone skin. Others can use this just fine. My boyfriend does and he has really nice clear skin! Which is why I left it a 3. It'll work for others, can be used all over, but just doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use a moisturizer from Dove that came in a small bottle with a blue cap but they discontinued it so I had to try a different one. I found this for about $12 for a huge bottle and it does the job. I like the pump dispenser, but it does seem to push out way more product than I really need for just my face. It goes on smoothly, but about an hour after I put it on my face felt SUPER greasy. It was disgusting. I dabbed it off and it didn't seem to get greasy again but it was bizarre. So it did the job until I found another lotion I liked better, but I wouldn't go look for it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have incredibly acne prone and oily skin and until very recently any plain moisturizer without some form of AHA, BHA, retinoid, magic potion, etc just looked like a breakout in a bottle to me. If it didn't have some acne fighting ingredients in it to combat all the other silicones and "moisturizing" stuff in it, I would be very wary. Usually things would just sit on my skin and feel heavy and gross. I had known about Cerave for a long time thanks to the skin care board, but being suspicious of all so-called moisturizing products I had never tried. My roommate had this in the shower for shaving however, and one day I decided to slap some on my face before bed. I was amazed at how fast it absorbed and how soft it made my skin feel! The next day I went and bought a bottle. It didn't break me out at all and made my skin feel more moisturized than anything I'd ever tried. I was so impressed! Then, on a Cerave kick I bought some Cerave PM. Little did I know I was allergic to niacinamide and my face exploded overnight. It was traumatic, and when I asked on the SC board some people suggested another ingredient that's in the regular Cerave as the culprit. So in the garbage both of them went. Since then I've learned it was the niacinamide for sure, and picked up another bottle of Cerave, which is officially my HG. I had overdone it with those darned actives and my face looked dry and irritated. This has helped so much. I use it every night, every other night over my Retin A. It's truly the most gentle yet actually moisturizing product I've ever used. I don't forsee myself ever not having a bottle of this in my room from now on.