October 20, 2014 | 2103 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I have oily/combination skin and this is my absolute favorite moisturizer... after using and spending hundreds of dollars worth of moisturizers that were supposed to do magic but did not deliver. This one is the winner because it's very basic yet has ceramides and feels very light yet super moisturizing. Perfect for my oily skin. At night i like to put a lot of this on because i don't have to worry about greasy face. It makes my skin looks very plump and glowy. When i use this in the morning under sunscreen, I use less. The consistency is almost gel-like. Not at all greasy like Cetaphil lotion which I liked at some point in my past life. I already bought my second bottle of this... each contains 12 oz so it lasts a long time. It's about 6x the amount of other face lotions in the jars!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This has just become available for sale in Canada and so I bought it based on a good review in InStyle magazine. I have been using it as a body lotion (although apparently you can also use it on your face).
The first thing I noticed is the complete and absolute abscence of fragrance. Most products labelled "fragrance-free" do have some kind of smell but this lotion does not smell of anything - a huge plus for anyone who is sensitive to fragrance.
Next, I noticed the texture - very very light, to the point where I was wondering if the lotion would actually do the job. Well, I'm glad to report that it does leave my skin soft and silky for hours afterwards.
In short, I love this product and will definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by cutekiwi57

Do not use this on your face! I have combination skin & it led to breakouts on my face. However, as a body lotion this gets 5 lippies. I especially use it on my legs after showering with a couple drops of sunflower oil, and by itself on my neck nightly, as well as on my decolletage and shoulders after showering.It is also nice as a quick hand moisturizer kept in the bathroom for after washing hands. The scent isn't the best, rather plain & mixes a little weird with my body chemistry, but fades and the moisturizing/softening effects are well worth it. I like it better than Jergens and other comparable lotions. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this lotion for about 7 months. I apply it right after cleansing. It keeps my skin calm, has no cloying fragrance, doesn't leave my skin greasy nor tight. Non-irritating to the point that I use it around my eyes as well without any stinging. It's not always enough to keep my skin from flaking around my eyebrows and nose so I'll try the cream next. Overall, it's pretty decent :) best lotion I've tried, beats Biotherm hands down.

Edit: I'm still using this lotion but my skin's become much dryer since spending time in the hospital. On the lookout for something to moisturize dry patches and eyelids around the same price point :\ not having any luck.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

It makes me really sad that I have to rate this moisturizer only 1 lippy because I really wanted to like this. I first got it because it had such good ratings here on makeupalley and seemed to work for pretty much everyone. It also didn't contain any perfumes and claimed to be non-comedogenic not to mention it felt really lightweight and fast absorbing, so I thought it was pretty safe for my acne-prone skin. Boy was I wrong.

First of all I'd like everyone to know this lotion contains Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol which is (when used in conjunction) actually a pore-clogging ingredient and probably what my skin reacted to. The first 2 weeks I used this, I started to break out in cystic acne. I knew it was this product, cause it was the only new thing in my daily skincare routine. I immediately stopped use and my skin got better. But even then I blamed the acne on hormones and my upcoming period cause I really wanted to believe it wasn't this lotion that was causing it! So I gave it another go. This time, I had finished my monthly cycle so I knew that wasn't the reason for the cystic acne starting to appear again. I decided sadly, Cerave was the culprit. Now that I stopped using it, my skin is recovering. :( So my ongoing search for the HG moisturizer continues... In the meantime I guess i'll use this as a body lotion.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this item several times. This is definately HG for me. I use this morning and night. I love that this is the only lotion that absorbs so nicely without feeling sticky or greasy. I have been searching years for this perfect Lotion. It was recommended by my Derm and I have not looked back since. With my eczema and seborreic dermatitis this is a neccessary step to maintain my skin health. I always have a back up. I also love that there is absolutely no fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by BlancheDevereaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG. I've tried lots of moisturizers in the past and they either irritated my skin or felt clogging. I've even gone down the oil route. I love this stuff. I can slather it on and no matter what it soaks in instantly and leaves my face soft but matte. It has totally calmed down my skin and I love that it comes in a huge pump bottle so I can use it all over my face and body!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by JN4eva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok not sure if this product made me break out or not because i had some clogged pores already. However after putting this on the first night i woke up and the clogged pore that i had turned into pimples. So i got mad and stopped using it. I might one day return to this since it was cheap for the amount that it comes in. but that wont be until after all my clogged pores are gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite head to toe moisturizer. It is inexpensive, simple, hydrate and comes with a pump which I like. I always use expensive top notch brand (I still love SKII) but nothing is comparable to this lotion. I have acne prone (usually 3 to 5 deep painful acne), dehydrated and sensitive skin. This product is not cater for very dry skin, for very dry skin, I recommend Impruv cream and I use Impruv around my eyes because my eye area are super dry. It is good for normal skin to dry skin.

My routine:
Cleanser: CerVea hydranting cleanser AM and Bioderma H2O, Clinque Take it away makeup remover for eyes and CerVea facial foaming cleanser PM
Toner: SKII Facial tratement essence (it is not a toner but I am being cheap and don't see the point to invest a toner and thats why using this instead)
Treatment: Neutrogena Stress Control Acne 3 in 1 treatment AM and Differn 0.1 cream (the most gentle form of Retin A) PM
Serum: SKII cellumination essense
Moisturizer: Cerave Moisturizing lotion AM and PM
Eye cream: Impruv cream

My skin has been clear and perfect since using this routine. Don't layer two acne treatment at the same time. It only dried up your skin but won't heal your skin because when our skin is too irriated, will definitely slow down its healing process.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kayladsquared

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sweet and simple moisturizer. I have very sensitive, acneic skin, and this keeps my face baby soft and I haven't broken out or had a reaction to this, even after using it for months. It is very lightweight but moisturizes well. You get a lot of product for the price, too. Since I really only use this as a face lotion, it lasts a long time. I do like it, if I have bug bites or irritations from shaving, as a body lotion because it is soothing, but it is not my favorite for moisture, body wise. (I will put this on first and something heavier on top). I also use this on my lips at night, then put Aquaphor on top to seal it in, and it keeps them satiny. This would be the first lotion I would recommend to anyone, and I will continue to purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No