August 22, 2014 | 1627 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by heyskankable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was on the hunt for a great makeup remover a few months ago and happened to stumble upon Kandee Johnson's blog. She had written an article about how she uses olive oil as a makeup remover. I've always been skeptical about this method -- it just doesn't seem like it would work to me. Kandee I trust, though. She reccommended mixing half olive oil and half witch hazel in a small spray bottle. It's the best advice I've ever taken. I spray about 3 sprays in a line on a cotton ball and hold it against my eye for about 10 second and everything's gone by the time I take the cotton ball off. I highly reccommend this mixture! It sound strange, but it really works!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried this twice: one as a make-up remover and just now for cleaning and unclogging my pores. I found Pond's to get my make-up off much quicker and easier. And I'm very sad that this does nothing for my pores. They are super clogged from something right now and I rubbed the EVOO into my dry face for over 15 minutes and nothing came out at all. No little bit things like everyone else talks about. Am I doing something wrong? The EVOO was also cold pressed. At least I'll use this stuff for other purposes so no money really lost.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else has testified, EVOO is a great multi-use product. I love it as an alternative all over body moisturiser, and its great at removing eye make-up including waterproof eyeliner whilst conditioning lashes (I think mine have become slightly longer since using this :). It's also a great pre-poo treatment or DC product for natural hair. A good cuticle moisturiser & great for helping to smooth any bumps on your underarms worn under deodorant i've discovered. I also love the light scent :) I'm very happy to finally be on this bandwagon. A little goes a long way with this stuff. A definite staple for its overall softening/moisturising qualities & 100% natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great all-purpose oil. It's cheap, completely natural, versatile and it works. I have quite dry skin so I actually need an oil even more moisturising than this, but on those days when I don't need the big guns, then I use EVOO either on it's own, or more likely, as a mix in other oil combos that I concoct in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

Olive oil saved my face. I have been battling the "skin uglies" for over 30 years. The only other products I use now besides olive oil is Nucelle toner, scrub and serum, and a little Green Cream once a week.

I hve tried every wash under the sun. Unscented, strong, gentle, acne, sensitive...you name it, I've tried it. I have dull, peely, blothy, oily skin with TONS of clogged pores. I have hardly had a clear day in my life. About a year ago I tried Nucelle and saw promise, but wasn't quite there yet. My face was always finding a way to get nsty again. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. My skin was so dry and clogged one day I didn't even want to use cleanser on it, so I tried Pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil to wash it. It instantly felt better. That was one month ago.....I have only washed it with Olive oil since and it has become so much softer, brighter and less clogged. Unless something changes I will never use cleanser on my face again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by littlemermaidcn

Frankly I didn't buy this Creteisle extra virgin olive oil for skincare purpose in the first place, it was bought from a local grocery store as cooking oil. But after some research, I decided to have give it a try:
Creteisle + honey + sugar
a great facial & body scrub, more honey if you feel dry, or larger pixels of sugar if stronger scrub is preferred. I applied it on my skin, and massage it, then shower, my skin feels totally moisturised and soft and soooo nice to touch afterwards!
And it's a perfect make-up remover too! I'm using a most difficult to remove mascara, the HR water-proof one, and amazingly the olive oil works just fine as well.
Still exploring new ways in my kitchen lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this to remove my makeup! I love it, doesn't break me out more and makes skin soft. Also, it makes my eyelashes longer!! It lasts super long if I use about a nickel size of the olive oil. Wash off with water and soap or cleanser of your choice. I also do not have to worry about my eyes burning or anything weird by using other "makeup removers"...I always feel good after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I never, ever buy eye make up remover. Olive oil mixed with water is the perfect make up remover and it's cost effective. I also put a dab of it with my lotion for moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best all around beauty product I own. I use this for eye and face make-up remover. I always use make-up wipe after on my face but this completely removes water-proof eye make-up on its own. I also use this before I shampoo my curly hair. Plus good for cooking. For a bottle that lasts me months its only $6

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. I bought a bottle of extra virgin olive oil at wal mart for $1. I needed it for cooking once and thought I had no other need for it so I was going to throw it out when I thought of looking up ways to use it! The #1 idea was using it as makeup remover/face wash. It sounded disgusting to me when I first heard that cuz I thought all it would do is clog my pores, and why would I wanna add more oil to my already oily skin? I tried it out-splashed my face with luke warm water, put a quarter size on the palm of my hand, rubbed my palms together and massaged it on my face for one minute (including my eyes). And viola! I couldn't believe it. My skin was sooo unbelievably soft and felt so moisturized without it being sticky or greasy. I've been using it for a week and haven't broken out, which means it doesn't clog your pores!! Yay! :D its decreased the amount of blackheads on my nose and my skin is much more moisturized and healthy looking. Use in the morning and night and you won't regret it! Perfect for all skin types.

*UPDATE* I asked my dad about the idea (he's a doctor) and he said after about a month it will clog your pores and possibly make you break out. Use olive oil for a month, next month use a face wash, go back to olive oil next month, etc. Just a tip :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No