October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lulu12step

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

lovvee. I use thisevery night before i go to bed on my elbows which were disgusting. white cracking peeling skin etc. after ONE use they already felt and looked completely healthy. After every night use they feel like lotion to touch. Only bad part is i haaate the smell. Its okay though i dont put it on to smell good its just like therapy for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by monpierpoint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I ended up buying this from the Lush store near my house after I spotted it while I was looking for something else. I use this every time I give myself a manicure or change my nail colour (every 2-3 days) and I find it works really well. It makes my cuticles lovely and soft, and they look much better. I also really love the scent of this product (itís really lemony) although I agree with some other reviewers on here when they say it can be a little overwhelming. I paid around £5 ($8US) for a 50g tub of this stuff, and I definitely believe you are getting value for money, considering you use such a small amount on each finger. Itís going to take ages to use up!  A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and after putting it on your fingers you can see it melting into your cuticles with the heat of your skin. Iím really happy with this product and will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Cassieandra13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this while living in the UK. (The price is just over half of what it is in the states and that is counting the conversion rate). I Love the smell but the true to lemon scent is part of what drew me to the product in the first place.
The weather in the UK has been really beating up my skin, esp the skin on my hands and my nail beds. I've had this for just under a week now and have already have noticed a huge difference in my cuticles. They are softer and all the cuts around my fingers have healed up.
It does take a bit to sink it but I use it before bed, so it doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by steph878

the good thing with this product is that it never seems to run out! i've had it for 6 months, and its still full.
you only need a little product, but the strong lemony smell you do have to get used to. it is called lemony flutter for a reason.
it does get a tad greasy but is extremely moisturising. i would go out and buy this again if i can finish this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by EurasianMelange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is fairly expensive. I find it does moisturise, but not to the degree I was expecting. The scent is very strong and if you dislike the smell of lemons, I wouldn't recommend it! I also find it is very greasy and doesn't sink into the skin and this is something I really do not like about hand creams. I need to do things with my hands and that's difficult when they are greasy. Yet I don't want to have to wipe my hands every time after I apply hand cream, I want it to sink in so I can apply it on the go.

Overall, I do not think I would purchase this again, but it would be great for people who don't need a huge moisture boost, love the smell of lemons and don't mind greasy hand creams.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Lemony Flutter a lot, but I really wish they'd make a smaller size. It always goes bad before I can use up half the dang tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by CurleeGurlee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Lemony Flutter! I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and I get eczema on my hands and elbows mostly during the winter. I'm always looking for a hand cream that will keep my hands feeling moisturized for as long as possible.

Lemony Flutter is labeled as a cuticle cream but I use it all over my hands, feet and elbows or where ever I have a dry patch of skin. It does take a little while to rub in but I'm fine with that because it lasts longer than most other cuticle butter/hand creams that I have tried. If you don't have the time during the day to keep rubbing it in, it also works well if you put it on before bed.

I LOVE the smell of Lemony Flutter!!! It has a very natural lemon smell...which it should since it does have a whole lemon in it! :) It smells fresh and clean. I really recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading a review stating each pot contains a whole lemon. Ordered sight unseen from LUSH. At 1.5 oz, there's a ton of cuticle butter in there. Especially since I only use a small bead of product for each hand. I have continuously dry and ragged cuticles but this stuff keeps them soft and moisturized. My fingertips also get rough and can catch on fabric, but this helps that too. A little too thick and greasy to imagine all over hands (for that, LUSH's Smitten is almondy heaven in a hand cream) unless you use cotton gloves or have some time for it to sink in. But it is that thickness that keeps your cuticles moisturized all day. This isn't one of those solid oil balms like Badger or Burts bees- it is almost like a putty in texture.

The smell I thought was overkill. My nose interpreted this as lemongrass, which isn't exactly lemon. But, it has grown on me. The impressive part is that I have actually used this stuff down to the bottom of the pot, whereas most things get used halfway before joining the unloved creams and cosmetics basket.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was roped into buying this while in store. The girl had me use Ocean Salt and then this. I was automatically in love and bought both on top of my other stuff. I have been by far the most disappointed with this then anything LUSH I have ever purchased. It has packaging that like all LUSH packaging, I find hard to open and close. The scent of this itself is toxic smelling. It reminds me of household cleaners and candles to repel bugs. To me it did not smell this strong in store so I don't know if I just got a specially strong jar. I have especially dry hands. In the winter my hands usually look like they have eczema. They are red and irritated looking. The cream itself is not what I was expecting. I have tried this two ways. I used it just on my cuticles and I also used it all over my hands with cotton gloves. I did not like either way. My skin did not feel any softer or smoother. And the worse part was that they smelled bad and it was an expensive bad smell. I would not repurchase this at all. I did not like the scent nor did I like the formula so to me it is just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by livingnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's the best cuticle butter. One might say that it's pricy, but considering that if used as a cuticle butter only it lasts ages, I'd say that it's reasonable. As with all Lush products, it has a strong and unique smell, that not everybody is bound to love.
I luckily quite like it :-)