April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by nrahman1993

This. Is. Awful.

I mean, it's a decent moisturizer, but for the price? Absolutely NOT. Especially considering how terrible it smells. Ladies, don't waste your money. There are other cuticle treatments out there that perform just as well (if not better) and certainly don't have headache-inducing fragrances. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shady74

Amazing product! It smells of real lemons, not fake fragrance and is so easy to apply and can transform nasty cuticles overnight. Also works on gnarly skin on your feet too. Haven't tried it on my hands as it might be a bit strong but as a general butter, it's amazing. My only advice would be to stay away if you hate the smell of lemons, otherwise go and get it now!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The lemon smell of this stuff is heavenly and it definitely softens my cuticles but I hate the greasy residue it leaves behind. I have scooped this out of the pot and put in a bunch of little ones for my purse, backpack, etc. It lasts forever because you only need the tiniest little bit. If I ever use up an entire pot, I will be repurchasing. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ashlayton

I love this product. The SA told me because of the lemon juice in it (it has a lemon's worth) it also gets rid of dead skin cells. I used it before I pushed and trimmed my cuticles and my nails looks great. and feel great. It is very greasy so if you dislike greasiness turn away from this product. It also has a very very strong smell which I don't mind at all. My cuticles haven't looked this good in a while. And while it is expensive ($15 + tx or not depending on where you're getting it) I don't predict I'll have to buy a new one for many moons. Unless you're using it on your entire body, it will last you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this as a foot cream

i usually dont use any but i got this as a gift and it feels like youre walking on clouds!

i also use it for my knees and elbows its very moisturizing i like it a lot

it is not for those who hate the smell of lemons :P

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went and got a manicure and the lady completely messed up my cuticles to the point where they hurt. I figured LF would make me feel better.

I have a love/hate relationship with Lush. I love them one minute but the next minute Lush's products either irritate me or worsen a preexisting condition. *shrug* At the moment, I love LF. The SA told me to put it on at night, which I do and I also keep the tub next to my computer so everytime I see my cuticles, i can just swab a bit of LF and everything will be just dandy.

LF smells like the yellow/orange fruit loops. I absolutely LOVE the smell.

Hate: Lush. Spent $16 on this tiny tub that wasnt even 100% full, not even at 50%, probably a little less than that. A lesson learned to check the tubs before I checkout.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this by the SA at Lush. She told me this was a multiple use product, and could be used to moisturize hands and feet as well as your rough spots such as elbows and knees and as a lip treatment. I work at a hospital, and deal with a lot of paperwork. So my hands are extremely dry. At only $15, I asked myself why not? I got home and immediately tried this product. The sales woman told me to apply at night before bed time, because Lemony Flutter is awfully greasy, and absorbs bests overnight. I chose to apply before I watched a movie, and surprisingly it absorbed in about 30 minutes. The smell doesn't bother me as much as other reviewers have stated. I didn't like it as a lip treatment, but it worked great as a hand and foot moisturizer. That was, until I missed an application on the third night of using it. The next morning, my hands were drier than ever. My feet were peeling. I can't explain it, but this stuff only works if you keep using it. I don't have the time to be applying this faithfully every night. And I most certainly can't apply this during the day - grease alert! So in conclusion, I would have given this product 5 lippies, if it weren't for the fact that you have to use it constantly. Not worth the $15 IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I bought this because I heard so many good things about it, as well as needing a good cuticle cream as mine are incredibly dry causing splitting, pain and bad things in general!

In Australia, this retails for $15.95 which isn't cheap considering how small the pot is. I was even more disappointed to see the product was only filled up 3/4 of the pot. If it had been filled all the way, it would've been better value for money.
Having said that, it will last a long time. One teeny swipe of the product could easily be enough to rub into three nails. The texture is really thick, but melts easily with the heat of your skin, kind of like a massage bar.

The smell I wasn't too sure about. I'm not really a fan of anything lemon; lollies, beauty products, household products, etc - don't like it! It first reminded me of a household cleaner, maybe like lemon dishwashing liquid. It's a very strong, 'woah' kind of scent. Despite not liking lemon, this particular lemon scent is growing on me.

As far as moisturisation goes, I'm not sure just yet. It doesn't seem to sink into the skin quickly and leaves a shiny 'greasy' film on my fingers around my nails/cuticles, despite trying to rub it in well. I feel I have to reapply this numerous times as my cuticles still seem hard and dry. I've tried doing nothing with my hands for 10 minutes to let the butter soak in, but my cuticles and the skin around my nails seem dry still. I think I need to try and find something more intense, but I will use this up first. I will edit this and update if I see a big difference in my cuticles dryness.

Would I repurchase? Possibly if I couldn't find anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lovealways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, the smell of this product is just AMAZING, I want to eat the whole jar! I love the paste texture of this and a little goes a long way which is great. The only con is the price.. It is quite expensive however you do get alot of product and I would imagine that this will last me a very long time. Overall a great cuticle butter, I will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by cr4ckthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. The smell of this butter is so wonderful; perfectly lemony and zesty! And the scent does last for a long time... although almost too long. It gets sort of annoying after a while, to be honest. The effects are great though - I use it on my cuticles and my dry elbows and it does just the trick!