December 22, 2014 | 999 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used sugar as a scrub before because apparently it helps get rid of acne and acne scars. anyways, i dont think it actually did much for me... but then again thats just me. it does leave your skin smooth... but honestly, im a very messy person when it comes to face washing... so using sugar isn't the best idea. every time i use it everything gets sticky... and worst of all, it attracts bugs and ants... so yah, i dont use it as a scrub anymore. there are other cheap scrubs out there such as the apricot scrub that i would rather use.... or even asprin. and no shat i will repurchase.. hello.... its sugar! hahaha anyways didnt mean to be a party pooper, just wanted to share my experience =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so everybody knows that sugar makes THE best scrub. Brown sugar, white sugar, castor sugar, whatever. When feeling particlarly impoverished, I use this instead of buying a commercial product. (Which is, admittedly, easier that scrabbling around the kitchen!) Making your own products is fun though, and some of my most successful home-spa's have featured sugar, canola or olive oil, and honey. Sometimes I add a dollop of cream, or natural yoghurt for extra moisturisation, but mostly I just put a handful of sugar in a tupperware and take it into the shower to mix with either my showergel or my monoi or cocoa-butter oil, or Fenjal bubble bath, which has an extremely luxurious scent. When I'm in a fun mood, then I use my niece's 'Miss Shipmate" bubble bath for a bubblegum fragranced scrub. I also have a penchant for mixing it with olive oil and geranium or sandalwood aromatherapy oils. Fantastic stuff!
I would never use sugar on my face though, preferring to use salt which is softer, or caster sugar, when we have it in the house. I mix it with my usual cleanser and rinse off with clear water.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ef604

I LOVE SUGAR!!!!! The best scrub ever!!! I mix it with honey and use it all over my body in the shower. My skin is amazingly smooth afterwards. I will try adding some essential oils to it next time. In my opinion, it works better than some of the higher end scrubs I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

uber smooth and soft skin!!thats all you need to know you guys..actually i just got out of shower after pampering my skin with this super cheap,easy handmade body scrub. ive been using the body shop body scrub for awhile and i liked it so much till today. i simply mix 2tbs of brown sugar with a tbs of EVOO and gently massage it to my whole wet skin. even though it did left my bathroom with the oil, it didn't even bother me cause when i rinse it with water,OMG my skin can never be better. i did wash it with my dove body wash though, and it makes my skin even more softer. and after that, i just put a thin layer of pure vitamin oil on my clean damp skin,and i could never ask for a better skin than this. in my next body scrub attempt, i would luv to try adding on honey,other carrier oils.i bet it'll be better. go try all you girls out there who haven't try on this cheap DIY scrub. you'll never look back at your normal chemical filled body scrub..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by PinkGlossed

Best exfoliator I've ever used (I used brown sugar instead of normal sugar though). I love it and it's super cheap. The first time I tried it was with a few friends at a sleepover. We used brown sugar and mixed it with some milk (not too much otherwise it will become runny) and it made our skin super soft (all five of us) but it does get pretty messy. Overall, this scrub is amazing. I have no idea why I spent so much money on other scrubs when I can just use sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by adriyah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sugar is the best scrub out there! just mix it with any of your fave cleanser! :) Also use brown sugar! It's better! It's softer than white sugar and won't be too harsh on your skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

The best and cheapest exfoliator out there. Love it, use it all the time. Face, body, hands...my feet are too bad for it (use a foot file purchased at Sally's for that). Can't imagine why I would ever waste money on expensive exfoliators when the best is right is readily available in my pantry. Try it! You'll like it! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Best scrub I've ever used: with different-size grains for different body parts and their varying needs. This is the only scrub I've ever used successfully on my face (very thin, delicate, sensitive, redhead skin): but only using very very very fine grain caster (or indeed icing) sugar, being very gentle, and only if skin is in a more resilient state (which mine usually isn't).
It's also one of a small number that have worked on the rest of me, ex. pimply upper arms - and the cheapest by far.

As other reviewers have said, caster sugar is great on the face: just mix in with your usual cleanser, rub on gently, rinse off. Can be kept in an elegant container in the shower. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use plain ol' white sugar from my kitchen a few times a week on my face. All I do is wet my face, lather my face up with ivory soap (my HG....perfect for oily and acne prone skin!) and add sugar. I scrub my face with the sugar and the soap into it dissolves. My skin is left clean and completely smooth! I glow afterwards. I don't really scrub any other part of my body because I don't really feel the need. However, sometimes I mix sugar and olive oil and scrub my legs when I want to show them off and make them look perfect. Highly recommend using sugar on your face! It's cheap and works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by acc929

I love using this as a body scrub!! Generally, I exfoliate before using self tanner. Because of this, I don't usually mix the sugar with any oil when using it because I don't want streaks. Plain old sugar, with a bit of water to make it spread easily, it just as good as the other expensive scrubs you can buy at a beauty store but cheaper and more accessible. Even without oil, plain sugar softens my skin and does a great job exfoliating. I have tried mixing sugar with olive oil before, and it made for a lovely scrub, I just don't use it often for the sake of my ST.
Love it!