November 24, 2014 | 1631 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only (and I mean ONLY) product that can conquer my stinking underarms. I've tried everything on the market (including the clinical strength deodorants) and they do nothing but intensify the odor. I've heard that the higher the aluminum, the worst it can become, so I decided to forgo any and all aluminum based products and try the all-natural route...and viola! No more stink! I use the apricot and I really like the light fragrance. It's easy to apply, dries super quick, and lasts all day. I noticed I get a bit smelly if I've been working out or sweaty profusely on a hot day, but it's only noticeable to me (I've had my fiance check, and he says he can't smell anything). Seriously, I'm a huge fan of natural, organic products and this lovely product is just a small example why. Go Tom!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this to try a non stone, non spray fast drying 'natural' deodorant.

Loved the honeysuckle smell and the way it glided on without stickiness. Didn't cause any reactions thankfully BUT I found it to be totally ineffective. Might use it up when at home but no good for when you are out in public! unfortunately I think it will last for ages.
My fav is still the Neal's yard spray.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this stuff several months ago and hated it. It burned my armpits and made them red.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Love the honeysuckle rose sent very crisp and springy...however not long after HEAVY application does this formula make me smell like reaky BO....no thanks what's the point in putting on deodorant then?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by fisticated

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying to buy more natural/organic products so this is the first natural deodorant I have bought. I was happy to see it didn't have aluminum but I didn't get good results anyways.
It will keep me dry for a while but I had crazy underarm itching (yuck) and I never had this problem before, I can't take the scratching anymore so I'm moving on..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After discovering that conventional anti-perspirant/deodorant products in combination with shaving leave my armpits with a nasty yellow stain, I decided to use products that don't plug up the pores. This product caught my eye since there's no aluminum in it. This is the (new?) formulation with the addition of hops. I took a sniff of the calendula, and I really like the fresh, clean fragrance that it has. I don't sweat a lot, I just want something to keep my pits smelling nice. This fits the bill. However, I forgot to apply it for 2 days in a row..............and discovered that my pits smell not-so-nice. My only complaint is that I've noticed just a little bit of peeling on my armpits, kind of like with a sunburn. I don't like the peeling, but I want to use up the rest of this stick----because I do like the calendula fragrance. If I stop peeling, I will repurchase. If the peeling continues, I will go back to using the Crystal Stick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hated this. Gave me a rash, horrible burning, and made me smell. Ewwww.

If you want aluminum-free in a stick, try some of the men's stuff (there's a real light-scented one I use) or Kiss My Face's Liquid Rock.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by helium_001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the old formula (without hops).

I went searching for a readily-available natural deodorant without aluminum and was thrilled when I found this. I loved the natural scent (very clean) and it worked wonderfully with my body chemistry. It

This was my HG product... until they added hops to it. I popped the lid off of this at the drugstore, took a whiff and discovered that it smelled overwhelmingly like cumin. While citrus-y smells work very well with me, things that are heavily earthy or musky... I can't touch those.

Until they bring back the old formula, I've been forced to abandon Tom's of Maine and am currently trying out other natural deodorants - but I don't think I'll find one that I liked as much as this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Have this in the Honeysuckle Rose scent. I started trying out natural deodorants last Summer and have found a few that I like. Tom's works well on me ONLY if I layer it on a bit thick. 5-6 good firm swipes under each arm will leave me pretty much odor free for most of the day. I have found that I will have a bit of an odor at the end of the day but it's not that noticeable. Now would I use this on a hike or out to a club? No definitely not. But for days when I'm not working up a huge sweat then this is a great product. I am a bit wary now that Colgate has bought out Toms. Info on that can be found at Tom's website. Makes me extremely sad to see the old but goodies/tried and true's selling out to the big guys. And by doing so selling out the little guy which would be ,simply, us the consumer. I wonder how long it will be till we see unhealthy changes in ingredients? Anyway as it is now this is a great natural deodorant and I give it 4 stars. EDIT 2/22/08 And after a little reading up on chemicals and such I notice that propylene glycol is the first ingredient listed. Going by the thirds rule this means that it has the highest amount of presence in the product. Propylene Glycol is found in antifreeze which I think is creepy. As for propylene glycol in cosmetics/deodorant it works as a humectant which keeps in the water content of skin or cosmetics by keeping moisture from escaping. So is propylene glycol working as an anti perspirant ingredient in this product? I'm not clear on that. I read that propylene glycol can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage. Not saying that a stick of deodorant could harm you but I do find it odd that it's listed, first thing, on a NATURAL deodorant. So, no, I think that calling this deodorant natural is NOT the right thing to do. : (

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this for my daughter in the apricot scent. She is 9 and starting to get stinky ( crazy hormones!). I didn't want anything with aluminum in it..so I found this. She likes the scent, but I don't know that it works that well. Usually by the end of the day I can smell her when she hugs me. However, its better than nothing and its all natural, so I'll probably buy it for her again. I wish they had a "maybe" choice on the buy product again section! Cause sometimes its not as easy as a yes/no.