Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica, Layroyl Lysine. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

Pros:
- It's cheap!!!! It's so cheap for makeup!
- It's natural. I mean for something you have to put on your face everyday, you wouldn't want something that is totally damaging to your face, or is full of random chemicals.
- I was surprised at the coverage. I used to use Laura Mercier, the liquid tinted moisturizer, and I had no idea a mineral makeup could cover as good as the liquid kind.
- You can play around with the colors. If something's not working for you, you can mix them around and figure out the perfect tint. Plus, it's nice that they have a forum where other girls help you out.
- It's fast to put on. The main reason why I switched from liquid to powder is that I hated how I'd have to wait for the liquid to dry before putting anything else on. Plus, I hated having to use my fingers or a sponge or something to apply it and smear it around. It feels lighter to brush it on and I don't feel like I'm moving my skin around brashly with my fingers. I also bought their "buff puff" (I think that's what it's called) which are those containers that hold the powder and also have an attached foam thing so the powder seeps right through and onto your skin. I should write another review for that but basically it's cut down my makeup applying time by a lot. Plus, it's easy to carry around without needing to use a brush.
- A small jar truly lasts a longer time than you'd expect.
- Great for people with oily skin. I feel like I can sleep with this makeup and not feel gross. I don't have particularly oily skin, but when I've used other makeup and I sleep with them on, I wake up to a greasy face.

Cons:
- You have to pay shipping. I hate paying shipping. But you know what? It's truly so cheap, so it's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.
- The jars are kind of cheap. I've been using one for a while now and the jars like, falling apart! It's okay, cause I moved it into a bigger and more sturdy jar.
- It's hard to determine your skin color when you have to purchase it online.
- I think the powder can come off throughout the day. You know what's funny though, is that once I had the makeup on and I was late to work and I was sweating so much cause I as I was trying to run here and there. And I noticed that my makeup actually looked BETTER! I think that the water (or my swear) helped even out the makeup and also hold it to my face better. Anyway, I went off on a tangent but basically my point is that this makeup is really good for a natural look, but very bad for a night time/going out look.

on 7/15/2009 11:59:00 PM

I purchased this in fairly light neutral in the sample kit and the 6 piece kit.
I have been using my sample container for a about 2 months now fairly regularly and am not even half way through with the tiny 5 gram container. I just tap a bit in to a lid of a full size foundation and use my edm flat top brush to swirl all over my face. I love the light application, I apply one layer and it covers any flaws and redness I may have yet looks like i'm not wearing any makeup at all.
After applying I spritz my face with either mac fix+ or evian spray to set. This takes the powdery look it may have away and also keeps my face from being so dry.
It's very affordable and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.
I would repurchase this definitely!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this makeup for over a year and I love it. I always get the 6 piece custom kit, and it lasts me over 6 months. Last winter I ordered it but because of Christmas the shipping took almost a month, so I had to use my old foundation and it felt disgusting on my face. With the EM foundation I feel like I'm not even wearing anything, and the staying power is amazing. I use their brushes which are amazingly soft, the body shop brushes which are $20 each that used to feel super soft now feel rough to me because of how soft the EM brushes are.

on 7/11/2009 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in olive-medium which matches my tanned NC35 skin perfectly. I've tried MAC MSF and Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation, which I love, but unfortunately it clogs my pores and after prolonged use, my skin starts to develop little bumps and I break out, especially in hot humid weather.

This is the only foundation that does not break me out at all! I can wear it all day and have even slept with it on and it did not break me out; and I made sure to try it out for several weeks before writing this review.

This has medium coverage and evens out my skin tone without looking cakey. It covers redness and the uneven discoloration under my eyes. I don't even need concealer. I apply this with my EcoTools Retractable Kabuki brush which is perfect for this foundation.

Also, I find that as the makeup melts, my skin looks even healthier and has a nice glow. I do not look made up at all. It looks so natural.

I only wish that this had a longer staying power. By dinner time, this wears off and I do not like to touch up my makeup during the day. Also, if I touch my face lightly (ie. with a tissue) the makeup gets wiped off too easily.

Overall though, I'm impressed. EM lives up to the hype! I would definitely repurchase, although I would like to try the matte formula next time.

on 6/30/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been a user of this product since last summer, in the shade winged butter. Great buy for a mineral product and perfect shade for a south asian like me. However..my biggest complaint is there new packaging and weight!..they reduced the amount of foundation base from 8 GRAMS to a mere 5.5 GRAMS...they reduced it by HALF!!!! for the same price of 15 dollars...im very disappointed...i might have to find another mineral foundation or just invest in bare minerals if the price is going to be tht steep for half the product.

on 6/28/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Being a make up junky I've tried many foundations including mineral foundations. This company has the best packaging. The lid is wide in circumferance which makes the swirling of the brush an ease. The actual foundation though is mediocre. Not bad and I will say that of the 4 formulas my favorite for finish and lasting power is the semi matte. The colors though are off. I ordered samples a few times - free you simply pay for shipping. After finding my match I ordered full sizes. The full size foundation color is definitely different from the sample sizes. Not good. So I contacted the company and they did nothing to resolve the matter. So now I'm stuck with foundation that doesn't match my complexion. Believe me the difference is considerable. So me trying to make it work ordered more foundation in a closer color to blend with what I had on hand. This resolved the problem but the quality of the foundation simply is mediocre and not worth the trouble that I've gone through to get something to work for me that barely does so.

Does it cover flaws- minimally
Does it last - no
Does it give a natural you but better look- not in daylight. A masky chalky look

on 6/19/2009 6:12:00 AM

my only gripe is that I have to do a good job removing this every night or I break out (not fun). Other than that the converage is great, natural, and an excellent color match. overall, this is a keeper (especially since afterglow is do darn expensive)!

on 6/18/2009 1:30:00 PM

I really like this foundation, I also prefer this formula to the others. It's not too matte and not too shiny either. Just looks like your skin only better. I use it mostly over my cheeks which tend to get a little red or blotchy sometimes. It really evens it out when I want to look nice. Never seems to fade either till I wash it off.
I also love that there is no animal testing from this company and their ingredients are healthy. I wish there was a category on here to look up make up that has no animal testing so it was easier to find.

on 6/17/2009 3:30:00 PM

This is my favorite formula. Intensive is too chalky, matte is too matte and oglo is too sheer for me. I have pretty good skin so I don't need much coverage. I apply this all over my face, starting from the center (T zone and fronts of cheeks), tapering it to the outer sides. I apply a little Multitasking Concealer on my spots before foundation. I use Bourgeoise concealer in my undereye circles because the MC doesn't cover that much.
I love Everyday Minerals because of their great offers. Nothing beats free samples in jars! Everyone should try it. I will buy again and again!

on 6/16/2009 10:55:00 PM

Best foundation of all times.

- Goes on smooth like no liquid foundation; doesn't dry or flake, doesn't clog or run
- Natural but buildable finish - more matte than oily skin, more glow than dry skin
- Very light and natural, no irritating additives, just mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides - great for extra, non-chemical sun screen
- Comes in a million colors and finishes and generous free sample packs so you will likely find your perfect match. (Though I seem to remember them having more darker shades before?)
- Very affordable!
- Not tested on animals!
- This company also has the best affordable brushes - I love the long handled kabuki brush
- Reliable company always ships my order fast