July 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I have this in olive-medium which matches my tanned NC35 skin perfectly. I've tried MAC MSF and Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation, which I love, but unfortunately it clogs my pores and after prolonged use, my skin starts to develop little bumps and I break out, especially in hot humid weather.

This is the only foundation that does not break me out at all! I can wear it all day and have even slept with it on and it did not break me out; and I made sure to try it out for several weeks before writing this review.

This has medium coverage and evens out my skin tone without looking cakey. It covers redness and the uneven discoloration under my eyes. I don't even need concealer. I apply this with my EcoTools Retractable Kabuki brush which is perfect for this foundation.

Also, I find that as the makeup melts, my skin looks even healthier and has a nice glow. I do not look made up at all. It looks so natural.

I only wish that this had a longer staying power. By dinner time, this wears off and I do not like to touch up my makeup during the day. Also, if I touch my face lightly (ie. with a tissue) the makeup gets wiped off too easily.

Overall though, I'm impressed. EM lives up to the hype! I would definitely repurchase, although I would like to try the matte formula next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by goldspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been a user of this product since last summer, in the shade winged butter. Great buy for a mineral product and perfect shade for a south asian like me. However..my biggest complaint is there new packaging and weight!..they reduced the amount of foundation base from 8 GRAMS to a mere 5.5 GRAMS...they reduced it by HALF!!!! for the same price of 15 dollars...im very disappointed...i might have to find another mineral foundation or just invest in bare minerals if the price is going to be tht steep for half the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by KJ88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Being a make up junky I've tried many foundations including mineral foundations. This company has the best packaging. The lid is wide in circumferance which makes the swirling of the brush an ease. The actual foundation though is mediocre. Not bad and I will say that of the 4 formulas my favorite for finish and lasting power is the semi matte. The colors though are off. I ordered samples a few times - free you simply pay for shipping. After finding my match I ordered full sizes. The full size foundation color is definitely different from the sample sizes. Not good. So I contacted the company and they did nothing to resolve the matter. So now I'm stuck with foundation that doesn't match my complexion. Believe me the difference is considerable. So me trying to make it work ordered more foundation in a closer color to blend with what I had on hand. This resolved the problem but the quality of the foundation simply is mediocre and not worth the trouble that I've gone through to get something to work for me that barely does so.

Does it cover flaws- minimally
Does it last - no
Does it give a natural you but better look- not in daylight. A masky chalky look

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

my only gripe is that I have to do a good job removing this every night or I break out (not fun). Other than that the converage is great, natural, and an excellent color match. overall, this is a keeper (especially since afterglow is do darn expensive)!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by gardengypsy

I really like this foundation, I also prefer this formula to the others. It's not too matte and not too shiny either. Just looks like your skin only better. I use it mostly over my cheeks which tend to get a little red or blotchy sometimes. It really evens it out when I want to look nice. Never seems to fade either till I wash it off.
I also love that there is no animal testing from this company and their ingredients are healthy. I wish there was a category on here to look up make up that has no animal testing so it was easier to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by beslap

This is my favorite formula. Intensive is too chalky, matte is too matte and oglo is too sheer for me. I have pretty good skin so I don't need much coverage. I apply this all over my face, starting from the center (T zone and fronts of cheeks), tapering it to the outer sides. I apply a little Multitasking Concealer on my spots before foundation. I use Bourgeoise concealer in my undereye circles because the MC doesn't cover that much.
I love Everyday Minerals because of their great offers. Nothing beats free samples in jars! Everyone should try it. I will buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by suzzel

Best foundation of all times.

- Goes on smooth like no liquid foundation; doesn't dry or flake, doesn't clog or run
- Natural but buildable finish - more matte than oily skin, more glow than dry skin
- Very light and natural, no irritating additives, just mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides - great for extra, non-chemical sun screen
- Comes in a million colors and finishes and generous free sample packs so you will likely find your perfect match. (Though I seem to remember them having more darker shades before?)
- Very affordable!
- Not tested on animals!
- This company also has the best affordable brushes - I love the long handled kabuki brush
- Reliable company always ships my order fast

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by koalaellie1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good Mineral foundation i have to say. The packaging is kinda awkward and its inexpensive so that was a plus.
This formula is actually really nice. Its not glittery or too matte, and the color i have, Olive Medium, is a perfect match, aside from my forehead :(. Otherwise, great product. Definitely a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by juliah09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the finish it gives. The way it doesn't look like I've caked on makeup and doesn't look fake as some liquid foundations do when the color is off just a tad...and there is a obvious jaw line... Easy application, smooth finish, and lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by SamLuvMusik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally a powder that matches my skin tone! I love that factor of this powder. It goes on easily & gives me a very nice even finish that doesn't look chalky or cakey. I just can't apply it to my face more than once a day otherwise I do break out & my skin dries out.