Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love this foundation! it looks soooo natural while still evening out my skintone. I got tha color Golden-Winged Butter and it is my PERFECT summer shade. i was lucky i got tha perfect shade my first try. it is great for sum1 with light-medium skin and yellow undertones. I buff it in with my Coastal Scents Ultimate Italian Badger Kabuki Brush and it blends like a dream. i checked tha foundation in natural light outside, in tha sun, in tha shade and it looked natural! score! looked at it indoors...natural too! it didnt LOOK like i was wearing makeup, it looked like i just had good skin which is definitely tha look i want. i thought to myself theres no flaw to this foundation. couple hours later i saw tha flaw.....grrrr....my skin is oily so after a couple hours i noticed tha foundation on my forehead and nose had changed from radiant...to shiny:( so i think tha semi-matte (for me anyway) was a little too semi and not enough matte. so i ordered tha same shade (Golden-Winged Butter) in tha matte finish so im crossing my fingers that this becomes HG material. if tha matte doesnt work or looks too chalky i'll stick with tha semi-matte and just use a finishing powder over it to combat shine. i'll update:)

UPDATE: grrrrr....tried tha matte version and it was too heavy an cakey for me, still great color but it looked unnatural. i wanted to love this but o well...i may try applying with a fluffy powder brush and see if the sheerer application will move this to second fav, rite behind Mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation in Buff Skin:) i'll let ya no if it works betta applied with powder brush.

After having a very bad experience with maybelline foundation,mufe,and purminerals. I decided to give everyday minerals a try, it took me 7 of the free order with just paying for shipping to finally got the right base color . But it was worth every penny! I had really bad pimples from all the foundation that i have try and now it has given my face a lot of scar. But i have been using everyday minerals for a month now and i truly love it. It not at all cakey. I love edm !!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

The only good thing I have to say about this stuff is it does not break me out! And that is a huge plus considering everything breaks me out pretty much. This stuff is not good for people with oily skin! When I first apply this makeup in the morning it would look good but within several hours my face would look greasy, and the makeup would melt right off! It feels like the makeup sits ontop of my skin instead of actually blending in with my skin. I don't like any of there concealers either! I used this stuff for 6 months because it did not cause me cosmetic acne but the whole time I wore it I was on the hunt for a good foundation that doesn't break me out. If your looking for something good to use Lancome's Teint Idole is the best!

Pros:
- It's cheap!!!! It's so cheap for makeup!
- It's natural. I mean for something you have to put on your face everyday, you wouldn't want something that is totally damaging to your face, or is full of random chemicals.
- I was surprised at the coverage. I used to use Laura Mercier, the liquid tinted moisturizer, and I had no idea a mineral makeup could cover as good as the liquid kind.
- You can play around with the colors. If something's not working for you, you can mix them around and figure out the perfect tint. Plus, it's nice that they have a forum where other girls help you out.
- It's fast to put on. The main reason why I switched from liquid to powder is that I hated how I'd have to wait for the liquid to dry before putting anything else on. Plus, I hated having to use my fingers or a sponge or something to apply it and smear it around. It feels lighter to brush it on and I don't feel like I'm moving my skin around brashly with my fingers. I also bought their "buff puff" (I think that's what it's called) which are those containers that hold the powder and also have an attached foam thing so the powder seeps right through and onto your skin. I should write another review for that but basically it's cut down my makeup applying time by a lot. Plus, it's easy to carry around without needing to use a brush.
- A small jar truly lasts a longer time than you'd expect.
- Great for people with oily skin. I feel like I can sleep with this makeup and not feel gross. I don't have particularly oily skin, but when I've used other makeup and I sleep with them on, I wake up to a greasy face.

Cons:
- You have to pay shipping. I hate paying shipping. But you know what? It's truly so cheap, so it's not that big of a deal, in my opinion.
- The jars are kind of cheap. I've been using one for a while now and the jars like, falling apart! It's okay, cause I moved it into a bigger and more sturdy jar.
- It's hard to determine your skin color when you have to purchase it online.
- I think the powder can come off throughout the day. You know what's funny though, is that once I had the makeup on and I was late to work and I was sweating so much cause I as I was trying to run here and there. And I noticed that my makeup actually looked BETTER! I think that the water (or my swear) helped even out the makeup and also hold it to my face better. Anyway, I went off on a tangent but basically my point is that this makeup is really good for a natural look, but very bad for a night time/going out look.

I purchased this in fairly light neutral in the sample kit and the 6 piece kit.
I have been using my sample container for a about 2 months now fairly regularly and am not even half way through with the tiny 5 gram container. I just tap a bit in to a lid of a full size foundation and use my edm flat top brush to swirl all over my face. I love the light application, I apply one layer and it covers any flaws and redness I may have yet looks like i'm not wearing any makeup at all.
After applying I spritz my face with either mac fix+ or evian spray to set. This takes the powdery look it may have away and also keeps my face from being so dry.
It's very affordable and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all.
I would repurchase this definitely!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this makeup for over a year and I love it. I always get the 6 piece custom kit, and it lasts me over 6 months. Last winter I ordered it but because of Christmas the shipping took almost a month, so I had to use my old foundation and it felt disgusting on my face. With the EM foundation I feel like I'm not even wearing anything, and the staying power is amazing. I use their brushes which are amazingly soft, the body shop brushes which are $20 each that used to feel super soft now feel rough to me because of how soft the EM brushes are.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in olive-medium which matches my tanned NC35 skin perfectly. I've tried MAC MSF and Maybelline Mineral Power powder foundation, which I love, but unfortunately it clogs my pores and after prolonged use, my skin starts to develop little bumps and I break out, especially in hot humid weather.

This is the only foundation that does not break me out at all! I can wear it all day and have even slept with it on and it did not break me out; and I made sure to try it out for several weeks before writing this review.

This has medium coverage and evens out my skin tone without looking cakey. It covers redness and the uneven discoloration under my eyes. I don't even need concealer. I apply this with my EcoTools Retractable Kabuki brush which is perfect for this foundation.

Also, I find that as the makeup melts, my skin looks even healthier and has a nice glow. I do not look made up at all. It looks so natural.

I only wish that this had a longer staying power. By dinner time, this wears off and I do not like to touch up my makeup during the day. Also, if I touch my face lightly (ie. with a tissue) the makeup gets wiped off too easily.

Overall though, I'm impressed. EM lives up to the hype! I would definitely repurchase, although I would like to try the matte formula next time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been a user of this product since last summer, in the shade winged butter. Great buy for a mineral product and perfect shade for a south asian like me. However..my biggest complaint is there new packaging and weight!..they reduced the amount of foundation base from 8 GRAMS to a mere 5.5 GRAMS...they reduced it by HALF!!!! for the same price of 15 dollars...im very disappointed...i might have to find another mineral foundation or just invest in bare minerals if the price is going to be tht steep for half the product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Being a make up junky I've tried many foundations including mineral foundations. This company has the best packaging. The lid is wide in circumferance which makes the swirling of the brush an ease. The actual foundation though is mediocre. Not bad and I will say that of the 4 formulas my favorite for finish and lasting power is the semi matte. The colors though are off. I ordered samples a few times - free you simply pay for shipping. After finding my match I ordered full sizes. The full size foundation color is definitely different from the sample sizes. Not good. So I contacted the company and they did nothing to resolve the matter. So now I'm stuck with foundation that doesn't match my complexion. Believe me the difference is considerable. So me trying to make it work ordered more foundation in a closer color to blend with what I had on hand. This resolved the problem but the quality of the foundation simply is mediocre and not worth the trouble that I've gone through to get something to work for me that barely does so.

Does it cover flaws- minimally
Does it last - no
Does it give a natural you but better look- not in daylight. A masky chalky look

my only gripe is that I have to do a good job removing this every night or I break out (not fun). Other than that the converage is great, natural, and an excellent color match. overall, this is a keeper (especially since afterglow is do darn expensive)!