TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 9/17/2012 9:50:00 PM

I love this heat tamer! It's so cheap and you get so much product!

on 9/17/2012 9:46:00 PM

UPDATE: dropped a couple stars because after prolonged (years!) use, I do think this is somewhat drying/building up/SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT. Maybe amid all the packaging changes they've also change the formula. At any rate, for a while I ran out & didn't repurchase, and continued heat styling with no protection (ack! I know!) and... my hair actually felt better. Less dry/coarse/unmanageable. So I've stopped using this product. I still think it's an OKAY budget product but I wouldn't use it daily like I was doing for so long.

I got conned into buying several way-overpriced salon versions of flat-ironing/blowout spray before buying this. I'll never go back!

Doesn't build up or feel siliconey/oily. Does help flat iron to move through the hair smoothly; definitely helps with blow-drying (I don't understand what I was doing before this stuff!). Makes everything about heat styling easier. Sometimes I use it even if I'm not heat-styling; it works as a very light detangler, or helps me just liven up dry hair.

The scent is inoffensive (practically unnoticeable, actually). My only complaint is the packaging. They're clearly working on it; every bottle I've bought has had a different lock/trigger mechanism. But the most recent one is really bad. Still, I bet it'll be different again by the time I run out. ;) For travel, I put a bit in a small travel spray bottle, unless I've really tested the current incarnation to see if it'll leak.

on 9/9/2012 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have mixed emotions about this product. I like the smell and the price but I'm not really sure if its really protecting my hair. I think i may try something else.

on 9/1/2012 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I rarely ever heat style my hair since I've worked really hard to undo the damage that I did before I learned just how much damage I did (think of thin, fine hair that is almost straw due to straightening, highlights, and dying) Now, 3 years after I learned (And many inches cut off to make it healthy), I avoid heat styling. There are occasions where I do (Like my senior pictures last week) so I depend on this product. I picked it up after hearing all the reviews about it. I like how the formula is light enough that it just sprays on and isn't lotiony like Got2b and sunsilks heat protectants. I also really like the lock that the bottle has so that it doesn't accidentally spray everywhere

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the only heat tamer I use now, and it works great. It's very affordable, and works. It leaves my hair smoothe, smelling amazing, and best of all damage free! I've found that you have to be careful with the nozzle because the tend to break, and the locks stop working. But overall for the price this is hands down the best.

on 8/31/2012 11:17:00 AM

I am a flat iron/blow drying addict and this product saves my hair from feeling like straw. I am bi-racial with thick curly hair past my shoulders and am constantly straightening it. The Instant Heat Tamer spray smells great and helps to detangle my hair post-shower. After all my work with the hot tools is done my hair feels silky and smooth with very little breakage. Plus you can't beat the price!

on 8/30/2012 11:10:00 PM

I love love love this heat tamer spray. Not only does it smell AMAZING, it works pretty well too. I spray it in my hair before I blow dry it if it's taking too long to air dry. At first, I had a bit of difficulty trying to get it to spray cause there's a little lock thing right by the handle & you have to turn it either to the right of the left to unlock it. I think it's a good idea but they should've warned you about it before you try spraying it.
Overall, I'm satisfied with this purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm pretty sure I'm on my seventh bottle of this. It's amazing. I've been using it for over a year now, and I always get compliments on how healthy my hair looks which is strange considering I straighten it 2-3 times a week. I'm pretty sure you can find it for as low as 3 dollars. The one down side is that I use it up really fast but, considering it's price, I don't mind at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone. (: HG product.

on 8/24/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im on my second bottle and i love it!!!! not only does it have no alcohol like most heat sprays(even expensive ones) but it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy at all. I use it before i blow dry and before flat iron my hair and i use this almost daily! it makes my hair feel healthy and always appears to really reduce my heat damage! Also it smells good i recommend this because i have tried sooo many heat sprays and nothing adds up to this one and its cheap!

on 8/24/2012 2:02:00 AM

I use this every time I use the blow dryer or flat iron on my hair. Smells amazing and makes my hair feels smooth and reduces frizz. Works better than all the other heat protectants I've purchased which typically costed 3 times the price of this. This is super affordable, doesnt weigh down my fine hair, and doesnt make my hair any more oily. No cons for me!

Video Reviews & Tutorials