April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After getting tired of my old primer (Philosophy The Present) not standing up to Oklahoma humidity anymore, I tried Smashbox Photo Finish Ė Light. I liked that it was oil-free as so many primers out there are not and I donít trust an non-oil-free primer, as Iím prone to blackheads and breakouts. I bought the travel size of this to try it out and Iím glad I did. While it was good and lasted longer than The Present, it wasnít great. I would still have to blot and touchup my makeup midday. I was using this every day just to keep oil at bay and it wasnít doing what I needed it to. While finishing up the little tube of this, I got a sample of Photo Finish Ė Original primer. I was thrilled to find out that the original formula is also oil-free, and it worked great. Even though the Light formula does feel a little lighter on my skin during application than the Original formula does, after a few minutes of setting on the skin I feel no difference in weight between the two and the Original out preforms Light. Photo Finish Ė Original makes my skin incredibly matte (but not dry), smooth, soft and even. It fills any little dips or divots that Iím currently battling on my face; and even though it is colorless it seems to blur imperfections, giving them a soft-focus look. My skin stays matte much longer, I donít need to blot oil for a full seven hours (I also used this formula every day). Since making the switch to Original, I have since started using Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++ as my daytime moisturizer and sunscreen. This makes using a primer everyday unnecessary, but for special events and occasions (Church, family portraits, weddings, military balls, etc.), I definitely layer Photo Finish over my sunscreen to make my skin look flawless. I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Review no. 1500! This is an amazing product, truly it is. It works very similar to my bareMinerals Prime Time, so I commend this product big time. You need only a very tiny amount for it to cover your whole face. I love that it agrees with all my foundations, no matter the kind. It does do a great job of controlling my oily combo skin, and I don't need to apply any more to my oily areas. It stays in place all day and makes my makeup really flawless! It seems to just even out my entire face, so I am so happy to have purchased this! It doesn't make my skin break out. The price for it is extremely big, making this product one of the more expensive face products I've purchased. For the $36, it is definetely something every lady should get because it really works!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by llidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i use the smashbox photo finish (white color) primer for the oily skin. overall i am not impressed with this product. EXPENSIVE! in fact if i use this primer in the t zone, it make my face shiny (more oily) i dont know why, when i stop using this, it was less shiny, i look like a plastic bag face who reflect light, but the good thing is it doesnt make my skin break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by SisterRay8

Hmm. I like this product when I don't wear any foundation as it leaves my complexion velvety and soft. With my mineral powder foundation (B.E) however it can become cakey and actually form granular clumps, double yuk! So for me, the two aren't great bed fellows. I have a smigeon of Photofinish left now and when it's used up on one of my no make-up days I shan't be re-purchasing as I plan on using a high SPF everyday primer that I can use with my foundation (which has SPF but not high enough) or without.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend gave me her sample of this and I might actually go out and splurge on this now!~ I love how it feels on my face and it even keeps my foundation on longer! This stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by amoxon

I'm not really blown away by this primer. I think it does make my foundation last longer, and it helps my makeup go on smoother but I do think there are products out there which can do the same for a lot less money.
The consistency is quite nice, I apply this after my moisturiser and just before foundation, although I wait a couple of minutes before foundation as it can be a little bit tacky for a minute.
It's a good product but i'll try other primers before returning to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by LejlaCustovic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer is really good. Instantly when you put it on the skin it already feels like it smoothes the unevenness on the skin out. And when I've put it all over my skin it feels so soft! Its a good base for foundation and also for tinted moisturizers which I have been using it a lot for. It's an all round perfect product that I would definitely buy again.

The only "negative" thing I have to say about it is its price. It is a bit pricy for not such a big package but if you want a very good primer that does what it's supposed to do you have to try this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by VioletAutumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I only tested this Product and i normaly dont use primers since i rarly wear eyeshadow or liquid foundation, but when i did test it out it was really soft and didnt feel greasy to me, and i had no bad reactions to it.. so really it was good but i think all smashbox products are expensive or were expensive last time i checked (which was a couple of years back) one of the reasons i dont normal use this brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this feels heavy, doesn't control oil, and is way over priced. the elf mineral infused primer feels very similar, this is just thicker. i like this for under the eyes, but anywhere else and the oil breaks through pretty dang fast

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I liked the results that I got with this product, I get literally the same results with Monistat Anti Chafing Gel. I spent two weeks doing comparisons between the two and the differences were so minimal, it doesn't justify Smashbox's price tag. I will not be repurchasing.

It is a good primer, it helped my makeup apply smoothly and lasted all day. The tube packaging is convenient and easy for travel. The biggest downside is its pricetag, I think I paid $45 CDN for this, definitely not worth it.

It's good, but for the money I'm sure you can get something better.