July 28, 2014 | 1965 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I used to use the light version and adored it, it still is one of my faves! But I now use Urban Decays tightening primer as its more within my price range. Anyhow, rebought my beloved Halo powder from smashbox online and was given a delux sample of this primer and also a sachet of it in the Halo box. Gave it a shot, have worn it each day for about 5 days. It's very velvety to touch, all the silicones I guess. My makeup applied like a dream (as I knew it would) and lasted, it seemed, forever! So I gets to yesterday, and I start feeling painful lumps under my skin near my nose and on my chin. My two danger zones for acne. I havnt had a breakout from a product in ages, but this seems to have caused a lovely breakout :-( painful spots have appeared, and I'm now having to slather my Duac cream on to get rid of them :-( the primer is the only change in my usual routine this past month or so, so it can't be anything else. To be truthful, my skin DOES feel a little suffocated with this primer on, feels too heavy for me, guess it clogged my pores instantly!

Great product if you don't have acne prone or sensitive skin! If you do, give the lit version a try or the UD brightening and tightening primer :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does what I want primer to do: keeps my makeup in place throughout a long day at work. No, it hasn't improved my skin (though it certainly hasn't made it worse), nor does it feel like a particularly luxurious part of my routine, but it gets the job done, and it's a good choice if you have pretty normal skin and are looking for a no-fuss, basic primer that will keep your foundation in place and looking pretty fresh throughout the day. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and I actually kind of like the texture. Plus, I appreciate that it doesn't have a strong scent (I hate when products meant to be used on my face have a ton of fragrance-I always feel like I can practically taste it). I might need to switch to a more moisturizing primer in the winter, but for now, this one does what I need it to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by helenquinnmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very lucky with this product, as a local charity shop had done a deal with one of the shopping channels and were selling off loads of brand new make up at 50p a product. I snapped up about £15 worth of stuff, including this awesome primer.
I'd never really understood the need for a primer that doesnt illuminate, but this one has me totally convinced. It completely minimises the appearance of pores, makes foundation look much better and feels velvety smooth on the skin.
It was a complete bargain and i'd defo pay full whack for it next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chantalily

Great product from a trusted company that doesn't test their products on animals. This product benefits both the skin and makeup. If you don't think your skin or ethics are worth spending a little extra on, go ahead and buy the cheap stuff.

The best thing about a primer is that you only need a tiny bit for it to do its job. If you find your face too oily after the application, you've applied too much!

I use a primer because it sets the canvas for my foundation. Applying makeup is like building anything; it's essential that you start with a strong foundation in order to keep anything you build on top of it strong. Especially if you use bronzer, blush, a highlighter, etc. on top of your foundation. If you're a busy woman constantly on the go, it's an investment to use a primer to make your makeup last all day. I personally do not have the time to reapply my makeup every 3-4 hours.

The bottom line is that a primer is definitely an investment. This primer will save you time, makeup, your skin and the environment. How awesome?

Just remember to apply a little bit at a time, as needed. You'll have this primer for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not fond of this. The primer felt funny smoothing on and left my skin a little greasy. I am not really sure if this helped my makeup any longer. I did notice that I looked a little more shiny then usual. For me I do not see the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

People who think primers are a marketing scam haven't tried this primer.
Photo Finish is a staple in my everyday makeup routine.
It doesn't fill in lines or pores like it claims to (get Benefit The POREfessional or L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base for that), but I would definitely rate this is as one of the best primers ever invented.
Without this primer, my foundation would look caked-on and obvious.
Without this primer, my foundation would melt off.
Without this primer, my face would be mega-oily by the end of the day.
How do I know that? Because today, I left out this primer from my makeup routine just to see how effective it really was--before I did this no-primer test today, I just wore it just for the sake of wearing it. I didn't know how it effected my makeup--until today, of course.
What's even better is that it's oil-free!
And now I know that I CANNOT live without this primer! Clearly, it deserves its special place in my daily makeup routine. (: It's no wonder that Kendall Jenner loves this!
It doesn't even matter to me anymore that it costs $36 for a 1 oz. tube--this is my HG! After I finish this tube, I'm definitely getting the 1.7 oz. tube next.
But I should note that the fact that you hardly need any product at all really does justify its price. You only need a pea-sized drop for your entire face, so with everyday use, an entire tube should last you for at least half a year. So far I've had my tube for almost a year and there's still a pretty good amount left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by EloiseLuciax

I absoloutly love this product. I've tried so many primers and this hands down is the best! I got mine on eBay for a bargain price but I'd splurge on this as i only use a tiny amount and I always got complimented that my skin looks great when I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This is the best primer I have ever used. I have tried other ones, like from Bare Escentuals, but this has worked best for me. It makes my skin feel super soft, make-up glides on with it and stays on way better. It is pretty expensive, but just a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bblopez64

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome primer. It leaves your face silky smooth! It makes application of foundation look and feel smoother. You can actually feel the texture difference if you apply your foundation with your fingers. I always get compliments on how my face looks when I use this primer along with any foundation. It really helps for my dry skin because it covers up dry areas and doesn't make them noticeable when I use foundation. I love it and it is absolutely worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sarahu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been a good primer for me. If I don't apply makeup on top, it makes my skin look better. If I do, the makeup stays in place longer. My favorite part (and why I keep using it) is that it makes concealer so much easier to apply under my eyes. I have dark circles that I like to cover up but often the concealer can look to caked on. This eliminates that problem.