October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by papaya

First I will say, I don't use this everyday but on days when I know my makeup needs to last 8+ hours. 2nd I will say for someone that has suffered from acne for more than I want to recall, this product does not cause me any problems what-so-ever from regular acne to cystic acne, no problems. 3rd a little goes a long way, so if you buy it, it will last you a super long time. This is definitely a HG product for me, apply your moisterizer and let it set, THEN add the primer, let IT set and then move on to your foundation and/or concealer. I've tried some of the tinted versions but returned them, the basic version is all I need. This is fantastic with Bare Ensentuals bare minerals foundation. I've tried the various tubes, ect. and find the pump is the best of all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by amylynn11

There is not much to say about this product. I don't understand all the hype around this product. I tried it the first time when I got a free bottle at work, I really really was excited to try this, and I really wanted to like it. That unfortunately was not the case. No matter how I applied it, and no matter what setting powder I used it made me skin look too shiny and oily. I tried it again once more about a year after thinking maybe I just got a defected product or something, and I was still not impressed. I just do not like this product at all, and I generally love Smashbox products. This is a no for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by youcancallmekatie

I have this in the tube. I bought thinking this would solve my problem of touching up my makeup halfway through the day because my oily skin would slick it off. I don't think it made much of a difference as far as making my makeup last longer. It also doesn't do much to prevent shine...that's why I think it's just a mediocre product. It does have that velvet feel because of the Silicone, but I feel like it's clogging my pores. It never made me breakout, but it just feels fake and chemically.

The one time I LOVE this product is when my skin is peeling because of Benzoyl-Peroxide acne medicine drying it out. Then, this primer makes it even and when I apply foundation it doesn't look flaky.
I would recommend for this situation only, or dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I don't understand all the hype with this product. It doesn't make my skin flawless all it does is leave me an oily mess. My foundation slides right off my face. I've tried numerous different ways of applying it. patting, t-zone, and all over. It never worked for me. And at that price I can't afford to buy a product that makes me super oily and makes my foundation slide off my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by hondafan1122

I don't really know what all the hype is about this product. I know it's "award winning" but I don't like it one bit. The consistency is a bit weird, and it gets to the point where it stops coming out of the pump. I've had to take off the pump and try and get some primer directly out of the bottle using a q-tip. It feels weird when I try and put my foundation on top of it. I gave my bottle away to a family member who said she didn't mind using the rest of it...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Sunflower5418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite primer of all. It is silicone based so when I put it one it feels like velvet. With other primers that are water based I feel like they don't do anything (besides maybe pill up when I put foundation on). My makeup glides over this primer so easily and it helps keep its in place all day! I know some people with oily skin say it increases their oil, but I have not experienced that at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by dieffenbachia

My friend swears by this; I don't. My friend is normal/combination; I am acne-prone.
*********************
Ultimately, I think this will be an HG for some people because it works well with their skin, but not for oily or acne-prone skin types.
*********************
I tried this out and firstly it balled up into little bits (maybe I put too much on) when I applied foundation over the top.
During the day my face became an oil-slick and so my foundation slid off.
Finally, after using for about a week, I found that it appeared to clog me and cause me to have little lumps and bumps under my skin.
Not for me.
*********************
A good serum can work just as well as a primer. I like Olay Regenerist but sadly this is also causing me to break-out. My PC resist hydrator is probably the best primer for me: it doesn't quite do the best pore-filling or smoothing effect like specific primers, but on the flipside, it doesn't clog my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by DellaSimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: I never used primer until I received a free sample of Photo Finish Primer last year from Sephora. Then - my face cleared up; it smoothed; makeup looked better - I LOOKED better! Most of us girls know this is the best primer on the market. Whether you prefer the regular Photo Finish primer (like me), or the light version (also very popular), you WILL notice a difference in the appearance of your face - a cleaner, more youthful appearance with makeup that lasts a heck of alot longer than applying it bareback. :D

CONS: PRICE!

SUMMARY: Every single makeup-wearing woman (and man!) should be wearing a primer under their makeup. Also, did you know that Smashbox also gives tips to try this product as a hair smoother? It does work rather well in a pinch! 5 stars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is one of the most popular primers out there. There's a ton of hype surrounding it- which was why I wanted to buy it. Thank God my friend had a tube of it laying around, or else I would have wasted my money on it! I stayed at her house a few weeks ago and forgot my makeup bag on my dresser (oh, the shame...). She let me go through her makeup stash and use whatever I needed, which was only this. I normally would never review something that I've only used once, but, oh my gosh. Worst breakout of my life! My entire cheek was enflamed in under the skin blemishes. Not only did it hurt, it was nearly impossible to conceal, even with my beloved Rimmel Match Perfection. The only reason I gave this two lippies is because it glided on so smoothly and seemed to 'fill in' my pores, which now I realize was just the product clogging them. I told me friend, and she says she loves this product, but she has noticed that she's been breaking out more lately...a result of this? We're not sure. All I know is this isn't for me, and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone who's acne prone like I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by JeniRyder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very smooth primer that makes all my foundations work well on my skin.
Helps even out my skin and let my foundation cover my acne areas better without breaking me out even further.
Unfortunately, it’s very pricey, and the ELF Mineral Face Primer is a good dupe for it.