Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, sweet almond oil, sweet almond seed meal, oat kernel flour, orange peel powder, rose flower oil, pecan shell powder, grapefruit seed extract, nutmeg fruit powder, clove flower powder, orange peel oil, tocopherol, rosemary extract, fragrance

on 3/8/2006 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I tried this product a couple of times in my mid and late twenties and I was never so ecstatic with it that I re-purchased. Mostly bought it on a whim when I saw it somewhere. I even swapped one a couple of years ago. I wasn't too impressed mainly because I have super dry, sensitive skin, sensitive to many products, even herbal "natural ones," and I thought the occasional pimple that busted out of my face after using this scrub was a direct result of the oily residue that it always leaves behind, no matter how much one rinses. Well, recently at 32 I began using retin a micro as an anti-aging regimen, and kee-rist, my face peels like hell, no matter how much I buffer. I bought this scrub again in a moment of desperate panic yesterday after walking around all week looking like a freaking crocodile in ankle boots, but this time, I loved it. I did something different that I'd recommend to any gals with sensitive blemish prone dry skin like mine: I washed with my great cleanser, Proactiv, and then I used the scrub, and THEN I washed with cleanser again to remove the oil and residue from the scrub. I worked wonders!!! My skin was clean and clear and glowing, and free of the reside that made me faintly hate this scrub for years. Today I look fantastic, after a week of flakies. People have asked me what I did to myself. Nice!!!

on 3/1/2006 5:58:00 PM

I love this product and use it with the Orange Essence Face wash. Please see my review. It helps remove any left over residue from the face wash.

on 2/25/2006 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This scrub does a good job without being harsh or scratchy. This is the only scrub that I've used that leaves my skin feeling moisturised and conditioned. The scent is also wonderful.

on 1/20/2006 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It reminds me of homemade brown sugar scrubs. You can smell Autumn scents in it, things like cloves, brown sugar, pumpkin, etc. Warm, sweet smells. It's thick so I added some water and rubbed it on my palms first, then over my wet face. It felt so good on my skin that I almost over-scrubbed. But I never got any irritation from it. It just felt great. It seems so home-made, and I like that. It felt nice on my hands too. The key with this is to follow with your cleanser and/or toner to remove any oil residue. I will probably buy the full-sized jar when this sample runs out, but it will be a long time before it's gone since it doesn't take very much and I'm only using it a couple times per week.

on 12/18/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the smell of this scrub - it was different and reminds me of fall smells. I like the fact that its a dry scrub so you add the amount of water that y ou need to it. You can't use it right out of the bottle and do need to add some water to it. I think the scrub left my fact soft and smooth and I would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had a small tub of this and it was okay for the occasional use. I didn't like the smell (rotted orange peel) but it exfolitated well. The scrub had sort of a balmy texture mixed in with it and tended to leave my face feeling a little greasy on it. It was decent while it lasted but I will not repurchase.

on 11/21/2005 9:40:00 PM

i like to use this once a week MAX. it is very similar to dr. hauschka's cream cleanser but at a way better price. try it.. it smells good, mildly exfoliating, and it leaves your skin super soft. be sure to rinse well!
oh, and i think the packaging is kinda cute

on 10/20/2005 8:24:00 PM

Huh? Are folks using this right? This is one of the best natural scrubs out there. It comes with a little scoop that one uses to get out as much of the scrubbly bits as desired; no one needs to use fingers! Then, one can add either water, juice, or other liquids to customize it into a scrub that's suitable for just about any skin type. It can be as thick or as thin as you make it! Because it has oils, be sure to follow up with a toner after you wash it off with warm water (both of which I believe are called for in the usage directions). It's also a great way to get the vitamin C for your skin without any strange chemicals.

I got my mother addicted to this scrub. We both love the fact that most of the scrubbly bits doing the work are orange peels and rose petals, instead of it all being harsh bits of ground nut. We can't rave enough about this scrub!

I did not like it at all. I do not like having to dig my fingers into the scrub. Also, I thought the texture was strange. I had to get it a bit wet and work it into my face. Also, I did not think that it scrubbed very well. I will stick with my plain ol' baking soda.

on 10/8/2005 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A good scrub,not too harsh and with a nice moisturising effect afterwards.I liked it and would buy it again.

Popular Scrubs