Dior Diorskin Airflash

3.9

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

sxs

on 3/22/2011 6:38:00 PM

Why do I let make up ladies talk me into things that I KNOW I shouldn't buy? Of course, right after she put the foundation on me, it looked great. And, of course, $60 poorer and a few hours later, I looked in the mirror and realized that this is not a product with much lasting power. This is a product for someone with skin that doesn't get shiny on the forehead and nose. This is a product that costs $60, gives medium coverage, and kind of melts/slides off oily spots. WHY do I let them talk me into these things??

on 3/21/2011 11:18:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. Adore it.

It may seem as though you're wasting a lot of the product if you're not applying it correctly, but you have to use a big round brush for this. If you use a big round brush and not a sponge (honestly, it doesnt even make sense to use a sponge for any foundation, sponges soak up the majority of the product and hardly give good, even coverage for large spaces), the foundation will apply beautifully AND it will last. I have had my can for well over 2 months now and its nowhere near finishing. If this product is wasting away on your really quickly, you need to look at how you're applying it because trust me, it lasts.
Spray it on the brush and dab on your face layer by layer. I try not to swirl it around or move it around, this product is very liquidy when its first applied and the last thing I want is to leave brush marks on my face. The other thing is that it layers beautifully. I apply a layer, let it dry and apply another one and there's no inconsistency or patches. It dries wonderfully, but you have to let it dry. It will seem a little wet or shiny at first but it really does dry to a lovely powdery finish. Personally, I use what was left of my mineral makeup translucent powder and its great for south florida weather. It also works very well with other foundations. Ive used it on top of a so-so foundation for kicks and it really made a huge difference. My regular drug store foundation gave terrible coverage but using only one layer of this product on top of it made me look perfect.

Again, the coverage is amazing. I can't place enough emphasis on this because I have never used a foundation that can offer such fantastic coverage while keeping me looking natural. I have lots of little marks, scars and blemishes on my face that normally require lots of prep and concealer in order to hide. I don't need any of that with this product. On days where I dont have the time to moisturize, prime, and conceal, this foundation will still leave my skin looking pretty flawless. It has an incredibly natural look to it. If I run out of concealer, I can spray a tiny bit of it on a concealer brush and it covers well enough to substitute. My skin has also gotten a million times better since using it - I was having serious problems with breaking out due to liquid foundations and ever since I started using AirFlash, my skin is beginning to look flawless without it.

Cons -
The major con is in the color selection. I'm very light but I am still olive toned and I had to use the lightest shade and I know I'm darker than many people. I have to be careful when I contour because I will look tanner than what I really am. Hell, I know that during the winter time it will be hard for me to use this. I may have to pair it with a very light tinted moisturizer so that it wont be TOO dark or apply a lighter finishing powder. Regardless, if you're within the color range, this is such a fantastic product. If not, sorry it doesn't work with your tone. This is something Dior really needs to work on.

Price - $60 is steep. Its not TOO steep, but its steep. If price is a big deal for you, I would still suggest this product only I would keep it for special events where you need too look especially flawless. I've found that using a tinted moisturizer first really helps in having to use less of the product so for those saying that it wastes quickly, try using a big round brush to catch all of the spray and try using a tinted moisturizer as a base. While this product has lasted me about two months so far, I cut many corners as to prevent using so much of it and I think it would be nice if a bigger size was sold.

on 3/15/2011 10:44:00 AM

There are issues with this foundation BUT it's always the one I come back to- I'm on my third one!

About myself:
I am on the lighter side of MAC NC25, combination skin and recently been having huge breakouts- so I have been placed on a acne regimen which has been making my skin peel and constantly break out (apparently after this horrible stage its suppose to get better- or thats what they tell me). I use no. 200 in Dior Airflash

When I initially started using this foundation, I had pretty much perfect skin and I sprayed on the foundation directly to my face as the instructions on the bottle said and it was pretty good, I did go over it quickly with a foundation brush to blend it in better but overall spraying directly works (there is some peach fuzz affect thats why a brush helps). The only issue with spraying is that it gets everywhere- your earrings, hair, eyebrows--your eyelashes. (Everything does come off with water). The MA at the Dior counter who introduced this product to me said she sprays it directly onto the foundation brush and then puts its on- this works very well but I think it uses up more product than if you directly apply to your skin and at the price of this product ...that's a concern--but it does work better that way.

So then came my breakout---THIS STUFF SAVED MY LIFE. Have you ever tried to put foundation over patches of peeling skin and random pimples at different stages? It's horrible it accentuates everything! Not this! I didn't even need concealer- (I couldn't find one that didn't cling to my dry patches) it was perfect, it was like someone airbrushed my face and the foundation gently cover all the imperfections! I didn't use a foundation brush this time or any brush in fear that it might push the foundation into dry patches- but the coverage was still excellent. Plus it only took 1 min! (compared to 20min shuffling between concealer and liquid foundation) Of course, pimples- its not gonna make them go away but it does cover it up well enough to make it look like your skin but with a bump!
Best part is, theres some excellent oil control- you will get a little oily after 5hrs but that's nothing a blotting paper can't help. Additionally, pimples which tend to be very oily doesn't melt this foundation,which I found was very much the case of many concealers.

Bottom Line:
Pros:
-Easy application- literally spray and go!
-Oil control very good.
-Excellent coverage and great for covering dry patches and acne without accentuating them.

Cons:
-The color seems to lean a little pink, not a surprise with most dior foundations -but I did see the comment about how it is more neutral if you apply it with a brush.
-The foundation shade selection is limited.
-Expensive
-Nozzle can get clogged.

on 2/14/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Diorskin Airflash is by far the BEST foundation product that I have ever tried.

This product made my skin look flawless and radiant. Which is quite a feat for a foundation.

I have used many different foundations over the years all of which have been department store brands (the conventional pump kind) but not one has come close to making me look as good.

I highly recommend this product. I would strongly suggest that if you are interested in this product have one of the Christian Dior representatives do a demo on you at the counter. You will not be disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best airbrush look foundation you can get and my face is flawless

on 1/21/2011 4:23:00 PM

I love this foundation. Only pitfall is the price. Ladies: do not spray directly on your face! You will waste tons of product, and you wont get as good of results. Spray it on a foundation brush then buff it in to your skin. Make sure you are well moisturized; I have found that it will make your dry zones look worse. Other then that, the color matches me perfectly and does not "change" through out the day. It photographs very very well, and my skin looks wonderful. Even though its 5x the price of most drugstore brands, its worth it.

on 1/12/2011 1:18:00 AM

I LOVE this product! its REALLY expensive though. It also dries my face a little bit, but if you put a little moisturizer on before you should be set. I tried 300 and it was TOO dark, I looked like I got stuck in a tanning bed.

on 1/4/2011 1:43:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, and have already 2 years of experience with an airbrush foundation (SK II's superb Airtouch Foundation) under my belt. This did not work at all for me. After using it only very sparingly, I had to wash my hair and redress, despite having taken precautions.
Also, the lightest color, 200, is very dark already, so the color selection, as previously mentioned, leaves something to be desired, as well. What a pity, with SK II being discontinued here, it would have been a great and easy to get alternative.

on 12/19/2010 8:22:00 AM

I did not have the opportunity to even buy this product as the lightest shade was much too dark for my NW 20 skin. If you are interested in a good airbrush makeup try to find Aero Minerale. They have the largest selection of colors (both cool and warm toned). It is also much cheaper. I paid about $19.00 Canadian for it. It lasts on you skin all day long. (I have quite oily skin, especially around my nose) I use the color "bare".

on 12/19/2010 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my special occasion foundation. My friend had one she used for prom. It looked really interesting. She left it here btw but shes pale neutral and im pale olive so I couldn't really try it. I got mine at sephora. I really like the way it settles on my skin. I do end up looking very airbrushed but I allied too much the first time I put it on because I was attempting to cover up my post acne marks without concealer.... Definitely did not work. I suggest buffing in your concealer first and then spraying this over the top. It photographs amazingly well. I love it for night outs when I'll be taking pictures. Worth the price in my opinion :] a great addition to my base collection. This does cover up your eyelashes and eyebrows tho. And it sets on your skin. I would definitely call this transfer resistant. So wipe your eyebrows before it sets or you're going to look kinda weird O_O... All in all~ pricey but worth it. Don't use it everyday tho... I would recommend buying the diorskin nude... Ten dollars cheaper and lasts a million times longer while being good for your skin... I love that foundation. This one is more expensive and lasts one month with continuous use.... Not an everyday foundation. but good

Video Reviews & Tutorials