September 20, 2014 | 1703 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Vannbaby

My local Nordstrom had a bunch of Christian Dior make up artist promoting their line. At first the make up artist was showing me how this product has a really good full coverage build, using the back of his hand as an example. I thought wow! Thats so neat! So he tried it on my face, concealed, did my eyes, checks, the whole works. My face looked SO dead. I dont know if he maybe chose the wrong shade!? It made me look like an old woman! and I'm only 20!! The concept was a good idea..but it just didn't work at all for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by papaya

After reading all the reviews, I was hesitant to purchase but decided to take the chance. My number one issue is that despite loving the look, it just does not stay on for very long. I use it with Smashbox Primer and half way through the day, all my flaws are showing right through (I have some spotty pigmentation and some average acne scars). That being said, I have to say I do absolutely love the look, my face looks flawless and people who see me often will actually comment (not knowing what's different) that my skin looks radiant. I've tried different application methods (kabuki, sponge, fingers, etc.). I've also tried applying it without primer in case that was somehow causing it to disappear from my face but that didn't work either. I use bare escentuals bisque concealer underneath and always layer with my foundation. I never have an issue with my flaws showing through when using any other foundation on top of my BE bisque but only with this. I would be more than willing to pay the steep price if I could maintain "the look" for more than 3 or 4 hours. Bummer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I tried this out for a about a week, and dont get me wrong... I LOVE the finish, BUT it turns really really orange. I have yellow undertones and so anyone with pink undertones would definitely not be able to even try this out. The shade range is terrible, if Dior is going to put out a foundation for $60 there better be more color choice. Shame on you Dior!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE IT!

I love the look, the feel and the texture. I like the fact that you can control the amount of coverage and best of all it DOES NOT give you a white face in pictures!

For a night out or for a photoshoot I will spray the product onto a kabuki brush and then apply to my face. This gives a beautiful "porcelain" skin look or more precisely the "airbrushed" look without looking cakey.

For lazy weekends (as I use BE for everyday). I will simply spray a tad bit on my face given it the type of coverage a tinted moisturizer would only better.

Will I buy this product again? Despite the price ($60) Definitely YES, it is well worth the it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a year ago, used it a couple times, but couldn't make it work. Either I sprayed on too much or not enough, and colour didn't work for me either, too dark. Last week I tried it again after having a spray tan, but it still makes me orange, even tough it's even lighter than my tan. But now that I have found out how to apply it correctly, I do think this could be a perfect foundation. It's super fast, it dries instantly, and it gives me that dewy look that is not-too-shiny-not-too-matte. It gives medium coverage without looking like you have a lot of foundation on. If only the colour would be right, I would have found my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vbparry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is great, esp when I'm in a hurry. FYI, my skin issues are: some redness, small veins, dialated pores & dehydration ( lucky me! ).

Previously, I used MAC studio fix powder on top of a ton of Cover FX foundation to cover the small veins & redness, but it would take forever and I would need to touch up the problem areas constantly.

With Airflash it takes only a few seconds & I'm done. You don't need to apply very much. If you hold the can too close it will look gross, too far away and you won't get enough product. Experiment though, and you'll get the perfect balance!

The finish isn't really matt but it isn't dewy either...it looks very polished. It also lasts a long time on my skin.

The only con I can think of is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like considering the price. Also, you can't tell when you're nearing the end of the can, so you have NO warning that you're running low. When it's gone, it's gone - no way to squeeze another drop out of it! Also, make sure you cleanse thoroughly as it stays on very well.

I hope this review helps!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by royak1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It feels light on the skin,and it has a great coverage, Im a MAC NC30 and i found Dior in 300 to be the right match for me. If you are not a fan of yellow based foundations then you might not like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Honey1960

This is my HG. I'm a make up junkie and have tried countless foundations over the past 30+ years searching for one that would make my skin look like it's just naturally perfect. I'm amazed that at age 50, my skin actually looks better than it ever has thanks to Diorskin Airflash. Application is key to making the can last longer. I spray a small amount onto a MUFE kabuki brush and blend quickly over my face, buffing with the brush. I start with less than I think I need since it layers beautifully if I want more coverage. I use it 5 times a week and so far my first can has lasted 2 1/2 months and is not empty yet. Yes, it's pricey, but so worth it. It looks and feels like you don't have on makeup. With the kabuki brush application, I have experienced no problems with the color turning orange and it still looks great after 15 hours. This is definitely a unique product I will use forever and I hope Dior never discontinues it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by pandancupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow, I had high hopes for this one. When I sprayed it on the back of my hand and jaw at the store, it went on really smooth and covered my scar almost flawlessly. It really made one hand more supple and than the other so I decided to buy it the next time I was in Sephora. Huge mistake. I don't remember which shade I got exactly, but it was the lightest one available even when I was afraid it might be too light on my slightly tanned Asian skin (and afraid it might break me out). It went on all right until it oxidized a few minutes later, turning brownish orange and greasy. It also pronounced my pores and everything that was wrong about my skin that it should be covering up. It felt weird and uncomfortable on the skin too, like I was aware it was there. I kept wearing it occasionally and trying out different application methods for about two weeks until I made the mistake of wearing it to a wedding - I had a greasy white cast on my face in pictures (despite the fact that in person the foundation was too dark for me after it oxidizes). Every time I used this foundation, I would find a few pimples at the end of the day, although to be fair it did not break my face out in hives like most other products do. Needless to say, this went back to Sephora. It was my first makeup return ever. I usually feel bad for returning a product that had been used but I couldn't part with my money for something this bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by makeup108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use 301, and it's a perfect match for me. Foundation has always been hard for me, in respect to finding a colour match. It gives me great coverage, a luminous look and actually stays on all day. It's also super easy to apply. I actually spray on directly to my face (yes it gets in my hair sometimes, but comes off easily)real quickly and blend with a sponge. I remember the woman at sephora did use a kabuki brush, but have never tried it. I have combination skin, and could probably try to use a lighter moisturizer with it - but it has not made me break out more.

I just can't believe I didn't realize how toxic this product is! I will re-think purchasing, and it was tres cher. I usually invest in foundation, but this doesn't look like it's going to last very long.