April 17, 2014 | 1596 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by doublej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The consistency is nice and the color looked great in the pan, but on my skin it gave me a weird orangey tone even though it was the right color within their line. I usually use Sephora's powder and when I compared them side by side they looked very similar, but swatched on my cheek..the L'oreal one had an odd orangey undertone. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by kimmeekat72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder,,it gives great coverage,,I didnt find it to powdery and liked the finish alot! Color stayed true I like that the puff is stored seperatly from the powder :) N5 is my color

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this because my dermatologist recommended it. Im a nc42 & shade w6 sun beige matches nicely.

At first i didnt like it because my skin was very textured due to acne & enlarged pores & lots of acne scars. Also my skin was so oily it oxidized badly & didnt last.

The coverage is light to meduim on its own & can add more coverage when used ontop of a liquid. As my skin improved i began to appreciate the powders light coverage more. With the use of acne products & milk of magnesia as a primer my skin became less oily & the powder didnt oxidize on me anymore & now last for around 6 to 8 hours without needing a touch up.

The compact is very small, so it is travel friendly. The wording on it rubs off very easily which makes it look unattractive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by aamugirl

i have this powder in the shade C8/Cocoa and i love it. I use it after I put on my Smashbox foundation to set it and it works well. It matches my skintone and I will continue to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

Waaaay to powdery and dry, and i have oily skin too! :|
there is soo little product, i hit pan within the second week of using it everyday, and tiny touchups througout the day. It's a bit expensive too for a drugstore product...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AZBeanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ive only used this product once but it blended perfectly into my skin. my skin usually is really dry (especially in the winter) buy i dont think this powder will be a problem if i moisturize my face properly. the only problem is that my face is a little sensitive and after using my face seemed to itch a little. im not sure it this was the makeup or just a little irritation. i guess ill have to use it more to find out. but i love the packaging, but dont use the sponge that comes with it cuz it just soaks up the makeup and doesnt get any on your skin. also, when you buy it make sure you use the plastic color choice thing to pick your shade. i always thought i was warm but apparently im n8 cappuccino. (this is the darkest neutral shade but it blends beautifully)
i wouldnt recommend buying without using the chart.
bottome line: i like this product so far, but i might need to update later

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

This looks nice initially, but it does not stay on and that is the number one thing I really want my powder to do... So I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by pvaj

I have been using this product in soft ivory (n1) for 2 years now. I really do like it except for the fact that there is really no oil control. I have to blot throughout the day. After blotting though, it still looks great! The coverage is very natural looking. A little bit goes a long way. It seems that some people have broken out with this (it does contain talc), but I find that my skin has actually gotten better. Less breakouts! I am currently looking into mineral foundations WITH OIL CONTROL. If this had decent oil control, I would call it my HG. If I don't find another product by the time I'm empty, I will repurchase.

**EDIT** - So I tried my Everyday Minerals and have been wearing it for TWO days. I am already breaking out from this and my oily skin is three times as oily! I have to CONSTANTLY blot all day! :( I am so disappointed. I will be going back to my True Match. My skin has actually gotten better while using this product and it doesn't break me out!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by renjitehsmex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to L'oreal true match, I have the worst breakout ever! Huge red painful spots! LOTS OF THEM on my cheeks especially. I used True Match for about 2 weeks and this is what I got. I was really disappointed with the product. The oil control was horrid, within 3 hours, my face was greasy like crazy. Absolutely hate the packaging; the mirror is located in another 'compartment' which was really inconvenient!

The only good thing about True Match is the colours are really good and it's easy to find a shade that matches you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up two of these in a Walgreens BOGO sale and have to admit I was somewhat disappointed. I got warm colors but both had a tinge of pinkness in them. I like that the powder doesn't look chalky upon application but there is little oil control afterwards. There is nothing especialy great or bad about this product imo but I won't be repurchasing.