September 22, 2014 | 2180 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this facial cleanser and have been using it twice daily after my Origins Clean Energy. It definitely balances my skin after I remove the makeup/oil/grime. I use a piece the size of a grape though everyone says you only need a pea sized amount I like to use more to make a thicker more separable paste. I don't think it's really that expensive compared to other cleansers. I buy a 1/4 lb. at $13 with tax that will last (2) months. Overall I like what it does for my skin, I find the concept of creating the cleanser interesting, I like the natural ingredients, and the smell is nice. AOBS has become a permanent part of my skin care regime.

UPDATE: My love affair with AOB has ended. I began breaking out - maybe the warmer months are not the best time to use this product. I will freeze what I have and start using it again when it gets cold

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by hstln92

I got a sample of this product a couple of weeks ago. I was walking past a LUSH shop and it had poster in the window saying something about them selling the worlds best cleanser. So i though I'd pop in and find out what all the fuss is about. So its all natural products, can't remember exactly but something along the lines of vinegar, lavendar and almonds. I really like this product. After using it for two weeks straight my skin feels fantastic... sometimes I'm tempted to not even moisturise because it leaves my skin so soft and wonderful.
Some people will probably find this product inconvenient as you have to mix it into a past yourself... I say, 'get over it'! It is worth the trouble! I should also add that I have quite sensitive skin so this is great for me! The best part about this product is the almonds... they exfoliate effectively but gently... great!

It is a little dear (all LUSH products are) but if you are like me and have trouble finding reliable and non allergenic products It is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Pinkysillar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely heavenly.
No, it is not as convenient as most cleansers, and it does not remove makeup.
BUT it more than makes up for it by buffing the skin to leave it fresh and glowing.
Be sure to use it on your neck and decolletage, and also your hands. It leaves them baby soft.

Best thing about this is it contains only natural ingredients so its great for you and the environment, and the packaging is recyclable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ewhidden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

definitely an amazing product. I've tried so many products that don't end up working that I have half used cleanser all over my bathroom. but this was a life saver. I bought it after using other Lush products and reading great reviews on this one. I have combination skin - some dry spots, some oily spots. after one use you can easily feel the effects on this cleanser, it makes your skin feel super clean and soft. and after probably 3 uses I saw my acne fading. (I have pretty consistent bumps) I don't bring this in the shower as I'm nervous about the moisture affecting the product, so I break off some and just bring that little amount in the shower to use - less messy and much easier. I finally have clear skin after using this for about 3 weeks. and it balances my skin out amazingly - doesn't dry it, but keeps down the oil as well. another thing - I've always had blackheads on my nose, and after many products I had simply given up on tying to get rid of them, I just ignored them. I wasn't even looking to control them when I bought this product, just my big acne marks. but my blackheads have been diminishing ever since I started using this, only product that has ever done that for me! I'm so happy with this cleanser. yes, a little messy and takes getting used to the solid form but soooo worth it. and if you're complaining about it not being a "'make up remover"... it's called angels on BARE skin for a reason. seems a little expensive when first buying it but it lasts so long so it's really not expensive on the long run. I use this and then moisturize with cosmetic lad on my face. definitely recommend this x10

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I got a sample of this product from lush, I found it was alot messier than a conventional cleanser but I didn't mind that, also enjoyed the natural herbal smell and texture. This product left my skin feeling really clean and really soft, no redness after I used it and my skin didn't have that tight irritated feeling that some cleansers can leave your skin like. I really wanted to love this product however I found after a couple of uses it started to break me out. So dissapointed. Might work for some but didnt work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by estella2703

i used it during shower for removing away the impurities on my second or what is left over from make up and any other dirt
there are pieces of lavender inside and some other plant based ingredients that scrubs and leaves a great soft feeling as if you have done scrub+moisturizer.. great outcome :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I do like this product. It makes your skin so, so soft. However, I would not recommend this as a makeup remover or acne wash. It's not sold as one, so I didn't expect it to do much in either department anyway. Butttt if you're looking for something that makes your skin amazingly soft, get this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this! I use it after removing my sunscreen and makeup with an oil-based cleanser. I'm not sure it would work well as a makeup remover on it's own. It leaves my face so soft. It gently exfoliates and cleanses without clogging pores at all. I've had no breakouts from this after using it for about a year now. However, the almond granules in it do get left in my hairline, which is annoying. But, they do comb out easily. My skin seems to have improved thanks to this. I have fewer clogged pores. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by instantnoelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Angels on Bare Skin is a great cleanser/exfoliator, but it's definitely not a makeup remover. I've found what works best for me is to use it is after a liquid makeup remover- it does a great job of removing the oily residue from makeup removers. The process of scooping out a small amount and mushing it in the palm of your hand with a few drops of water is fun, but can get a little messy. The smell is nice, herbal. It lasts a long time, I got 100g (at $13 Canadian) six months ago and am only halfway through, but I only use a small amount every night. The only thing I dislike about the product is the packaging, mine came in a plastic container, cheap-looking and not environmentally friendly, which has held up but the lid is prone to getting dirty and smudged. Overall a good buy if you're looking for a chemical-free cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

My favorite Lush product! Use it to cleanse after you remove makeup and use it all over in the shower for super soft skin.