December 22, 2014 | 1810 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know I'm bucking the trend on this one but this blush duo didn't work at all for me. The Laguna bronzer looks muddy on me and the Orgasm blush looks orangy. I have fair skin and think these may be better suited for medium to dark complexions. I thought it looked very unnatural on me. However, if you have darker skin, then this may look very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by FrenchKris

On a recommendation, I purchased this duo. I usually only use bronzer, but figured it would be cost efficient to get the duo and try a new look.

I use the Sephora #42 Flat Blush Brush to apply both. Because of the angles of the brush, they not only fit the color beds of the compact perfectly (without sweeping into the other color) but the angles are simply perfect for the cheekbone and hilighting areas of the face.

Because of the density of that brush, I only touch it to the product. I do NOT wipe it across or back and forth because it would overload the brush with color and just be too much.

For a natural look, touch brush to apples with ORGASM BLUSH and blend back to ear, and touch LAGUNA with opposite side of brush and apply just under eye (and above cheeckbone) and work into a C shape around eye and just above. Blend WELL for a youthful glow with a hint of color for an everyday beautiful look.

I would say these tones are good for many, but best for fair-medium and medium-tan toned skins.

Enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I finally gave in and bought my first NARS duo. I can't believe this thing is $30+. I had mixed feelings about orgasm since everyone and their mother seems to think this color is amazing, eventhough it looks pretty neutral and orange. I should have known it wasn't that great since the hype rarely meets expectations for me!

Laguna is a lovely nonshimmery bronzer that I apply in the hollow part of my cheeks, then I use orgasm on the apples. I think orgasm is AVERAGE in cheek color but definately is not worth the price. I don't know what skin color would work well with orgasm. I'm NC25 and I don't think it is spectacular on me.

Laguna is beautiful and I can see repurchasing this! I love to buy makeup but I don't ever seem to figure out how people use it up so fast!

I can probably find a dupe of the orgasm (ahem Milani luminous) if I want that kind of colored blush but I will be returning this, and just getting the larger Laguna bronzer instead.. It is almost $10 cheaper than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jenq88

This is a beautiful combo. I did not buy the full size blush because it was too big and I know it would collect dust over time. After I saw this I am really pleased with the outcome. I have natural tan skin and it looks beautiful on my skin tone. I apply the brunette mineralize skin finsh as a highlight and buff it in with the blush.... BEAUTIFUL. I love it. The bronzer is not as dark as I would like it to be to contour but great value. I would reccomend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by mcv714

Orgasm looks pretty on my light/medium beige skin. I can imagine it would look good on almost any skin tone. It looks great in winter, and I'm sure it'll look great come summer. It gives me a seamless believable flush, and a little goes a long way which is great considering the price.
Laguna is a true brown bronzer, no orange here. Again, a little goes a long way.
My only complaint is that the outer packaging material gets dirty-looking so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 3:45:00 AM More reviews by mariannaoust

What a great combination this is I love it! I, like pretty much everyone else, have always liked the orgasm blush, and this time when I ran out I decided to get this duo instead of just the blush. Laguna looks kinda dark in the packaging, but when I put it on it gives me a really nice glow, definitely not too much.
I would recommend this to everyone, its a bargain considering how much you would have to pay to buy these separately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very decent bronzer. Previously, I was using LORAC Caribbean Heat Bronzer and LOVED IT, but it was a limited edition and had to find a new one. I bought this in replace of it and dont like it as much but it does the job. I like how its very subtle but still makes your face pop. Its kind of messy also, whenever I pass my brush on it, powder gets everywhere. I'll be using this until it finishes but I will still continue to look for a better bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alka1

Gorgeous! The bronzer is the perfect shade of brownish-gold with a very beautiful soft shimmer. Orgasm blush is an exquisite shade of apricot pink and gives the perfect amount of glow for a wide range of skintones. You get a whole lot of product for a very good price.
Both colors look great on my Golden-Beige NC30-35 Skin. I apply Orgasm using my #187 brush very sheerly on the apples of my cheeks, blending upward. Then I use my #134 brush to dust Laguna bronzer in a 3 shape from temples-cheekbone-jawline. Then I dust a little bit on my forehead-nose-chin. And finally, I pair this duo with my Albatross highlighter from NARS - lightly applying it on the high of my cheekbone using my #109 brush (the blush should spread across the cheekbone, the highlighter goes right above that on the top of the cheekbone)
And just a quick reminder - shimmery bronzers like Laguna should not be used to contour. A *matte* bronzer should be used instead. A bronzer is used to add a sunkissed glow to the skin, not to add shadows like a contour color does. When you enhance the contours of your face, you are essentially creating shadows. You do not want anything shimmer in there; when was the last time you saw a shadow that shimmered with light?
This compact is amazing and I would gladly pay full price for it when this one runs out. you won't be disappointed!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by BlueeyedSusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With this duo you get a little more orgasm blush than with just the orgasm single blush and if you bought both blush and bronzer separately it would be way more expensive. Both colors look very natural, glowy without being fake. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by fiona82

I've been reading reviews about Nars Orgasm all over the place. The reason I always shunned away is because it is too big, and I probably can't finish it in my life time. Until one day I came across this set - Orgasm-Laguna Duo with Orgasm lipgloss at Nordstrom Nars counter. Although I knew nothing about the Laguna and the lipgloss, I still decided to buy it based on the reputation of Orgasm.
I tried it and I really like the color of Orgasm, and it doesn't get dull after long period of time. As for Laguna, although I don't use bronzer that often, it goes on well. But I probably won't buy another one, because I'm still not done with it.