MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I've owned this for years and I can't remember ever using it, or why I even bought it. Overall it's a quality eye shadow but the color just makes me think "frosted death." Well, on my NC42 complexion, anyway. Not even a little bit flattering on me.

I'm on the fence about this color. It looks so pretty on the back of my hand, a pinkish-purple opal color... but on my eyes, it looks like a dirty greenish-grey. I kept on trying to use it but so far, no luck... this probably would work well for someone with a warm skin tone, not a very cool one like me. I won't repurchase, seeing as how I don't use it very often.

I love this color, but may be a little too "warm" for my coloring, the slighest hint of gold with the pink undertones just doesn't quite hit the mark. Mixed with other colors I can use it. Excellent quality, shimmer but not a gawdy cheap frost.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This eyeshadow is love! It's so pretty! I love wearing it with beauty marked in the crease! It's not quite light enough for me to use as a highlighter, on me it's a slightly greyer silver with reddish shimmer. However, it's an awesome color to play with and use to blend harsher colors!

An absolutely beautiful color, and one I wouldn't have picked out for myself. A beautiful duotone pink/ green, the clerk paired this with Steamy and Club and I love wearing Vex with them or by itself.

This makes me want to snatch up every duotone MAC makes.

Pale greenish grey w/ pink pearl, it is a duotone and flashes different colors when paired w/ different e/s. It has a great texture and is especially great when used as a wash from lashline to crease. It also works great w/ various colors, purples (Shale), pinks (Da Bling), greens (Greensmoke, Humid) to name a few. It was also a part of Formal Black Smoked palette which means it looks great w/ Satin Taupe and Club. It may look muddy and weird in the pan however the way it looks on the eyes is completely different. One of the most unique MAC e/s.

NC/NW20, brown eyes, redhead
(i have some ideas about what i paired this shadow w/, in my notepad)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is indispensable to my makeup bag. It's a gorgeous greenish grey that can look pink. It's perfect as a highlighter. I have gone through several of these, I never get tired of it. I think I look more awake with Vex and due to it's holographic nature, it can do amazing things to shadows and liners you already own. It makes my basic brown eyeliner take on a purplish tone that is very pretty. I'm in love.

This was the first eyeshadow I used when I started wearing make-up. It was all I needed when I was a teenager with a little mascara and lipgloss. Now I use it as my base hightlight color because it makes all the colors I use on top look amazing. I use it in the inner corners of my eyes to open them up. I can't live without this color.

Just got this color in the mail today, when i first saw it I thought it would be useless to me , just a color that looks good in the pot & thats about it. So i cleaned of my MU & used bare canvas as base , then put vex on my lid extending above my crease. Then I took brule & blended it from my eyebrows down into vex , next I used mothbrown in my crease & lower lashline. Next i used nightfish f/l to line my upper lashes (thin line) & blacktrack to tightline & waterline..WOW!! it looks great. I have been looking for a light greyish-taupish type of lid color for some fall smokey eye looks , and this is it.. I am so glad I got this color , its fabulous.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

No eye shadow I got made me wow on the first try until I used Vex this weekend.It's more than how you see it when applied.This means that this eye shadow is a really unique one.I'm so glad I finally picked it up after lurking in the store countless times and passed this by thinking it's too ordinary.Well I was dead wrong! It's actually a very interesting color.Vex is a beautiful dirty gray that flashes violet/pink on application. I used MAC Silver Ring on inner lids with Smashbox Envy (black with multicolored shimmer) on outer lids and outer 1/3 crease. I then gently blended Vex with Envy on crease. I lined the bottom with Envy again and highlighted the brow bone with Pink Opal pigment.It's been one of my fave smokey looks ever.Vex is not another highlighting shade out there, it's a useful and unique shadow by itself.

Top Rated MAC Products