July 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alizeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pale greenish grey w/ pink pearl, it is a duotone and flashes different colors when paired w/ different e/s. It has a great texture and is especially great when used as a wash from lashline to crease. It also works great w/ various colors, purples (Shale), pinks (Da Bling), greens (Greensmoke, Humid) to name a few. It was also a part of Formal Black Smoked palette which means it looks great w/ Satin Taupe and Club. It may look muddy and weird in the pan however the way it looks on the eyes is completely different. One of the most unique MAC e/s.

NC/NW20, brown eyes, redhead
(i have some ideas about what i paired this shadow w/, in my notepad)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by foxylesley29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is indispensable to my makeup bag. It's a gorgeous greenish grey that can look pink. It's perfect as a highlighter. I have gone through several of these, I never get tired of it. I think I look more awake with Vex and due to it's holographic nature, it can do amazing things to shadows and liners you already own. It makes my basic brown eyeliner take on a purplish tone that is very pretty. I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MarieMartinez

This was the first eyeshadow I used when I started wearing make-up. It was all I needed when I was a teenager with a little mascara and lipgloss. Now I use it as my base hightlight color because it makes all the colors I use on top look amazing. I use it in the inner corners of my eyes to open them up. I can't live without this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lissa_508

Just got this color in the mail today, when i first saw it I thought it would be useless to me , just a color that looks good in the pot & thats about it. So i cleaned of my MU & used bare canvas as base , then put vex on my lid extending above my crease. Then I took brule & blended it from my eyebrows down into vex , next I used mothbrown in my crease & lower lashline. Next i used nightfish f/l to line my upper lashes (thin line) & blacktrack to tightline & waterline..WOW!! it looks great. I have been looking for a light greyish-taupish type of lid color for some fall smokey eye looks , and this is it.. I am so glad I got this color , its fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 4:47:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No eye shadow I got made me wow on the first try until I used Vex this weekend.It's more than how you see it when applied.This means that this eye shadow is a really unique one.I'm so glad I finally picked it up after lurking in the store countless times and passed this by thinking it's too ordinary.Well I was dead wrong! It's actually a very interesting color.Vex is a beautiful dirty gray that flashes violet/pink on application. I used MAC Silver Ring on inner lids with Smashbox Envy (black with multicolored shimmer) on outer lids and outer 1/3 crease. I then gently blended Vex with Envy on crease. I lined the bottom with Envy again and highlighted the brow bone with Pink Opal pigment.It's been one of my fave smokey looks ever.Vex is not another highlighting shade out there, it's a useful and unique shadow by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Miki1985

This is an interesting color. On me, it's a pale grey/green that flashes pink. I think it's very versatile and goes with many colors. I like it best as a lid shade, with Trax or Humid in the crease. It also works well with Club and Satin Taupe. I took one lippie off because it could stand to be a bit more pigmented. I'm a lighter MMM with medium brown hair and hazel eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this colour sparingly, as I can't seem to make this colour look as gorgeous on my eyes as it does in the packaging.
Good texture, beautiful shade- hints of green and some other colour I can't put my finger on; lovely when used right. My teacher uses this all over and it looks great on her beige-y skin, but when I use this eyeshadow the same way it looks uneven and just not lovely. I won't repurchase, but I'm sure this can look amazing on other people.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC20, I just can't make this work. The greenish undertones are just not right for me. Great texture, easy to blend like most of MAC shadows (except Deep Truth) but the opalescent color which attracted me to this and looks so lovely on the back of my hand does nothing for my eyes. Edit: What was I thinking? One of my most-used now. Lovely as a wash underneath Steamy and anything else I need to tone down a bit. Excellent wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by highstrung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favourite MAC eye shadow colours. I have repurchased VEX at least 4 times. I love how it looks with my green eyes, and it goes with almost any colour. You can use it as a base shadow on your lids and even as a highlighter under your brow. It looks great with shale and trax shadows. Also works well with green shadows. Like may other people said, it can look different colours depending on how you look at it, hints of green, gold, and even purple. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by UndressYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I saw this in the store I was wary but I bought in on a whim but the first time I wore it i was won over! It's a shimmer greenish/opal/violet color that shimmers in the light. It's awesome alone for a lighter look or it makes an amazing highlighter with mothbrown or greensmoke. I love it!