Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 3/8/2004 5:32:00 PM

What a greasy mess this product is. I tried this on in Barneys then checked myself in a mirror outside and found I had sparkles all over my cheeks. Maybe for an evening look this product could work if you go easy. As far as working as a daytime blush forget it you will look like a glittering disco ball. Stick to mattes during the day.

on 3/8/2004 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is good as a highlighter not a bronzer since it doesn't give you color but just a golden shimmer and never use it on your nose it turns it into a lightbulb! The packaging is terrible, the shimmerbrick constantly falls out of the compact, what a mess. I prefer to use Nars Laguana powder instead.

Ok I jumped on the bandwagon and got this! LOL Its a nice shimmery well...brick. Doesn't do much for me but sit in a drawer. When applied it is too sparkly for me. Makes my pores stand out and say hello...Pat has large pores! Yoo-Hoo everyone notice. Tried as eyeshadow but alittle to sheer for my taste. Would swap it but DH bought it as a gift and would kick me in the head if I did. So it keeps to itsself in the drawer! =)

on 2/22/2004 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love it...if your looking for a good makeup brick then this is a must buy! Its a bit pricey but the product will make you glow (literally). I have the pink brick and you could use it as a an eyeshadow base or with your blush. The only gripe I have about this product is you have to find a good brush to pick up the colors from the brick.

on 2/20/2004 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I never used shimmer on my face because I thought it might look unnatural - until I tried this one.
The BEIGE Shimmerbrick has very beautiful colours which work as eyeshadows as well as giving a subtle glow on my cheeks.
Definitely worth splashing out on!

on 2/18/2004 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with Bobbi's shimmerbricks *sigh*..The black compact is sophisticated and the shimmering stripes really grab your attention..However, the Pink shimmerbrick falls short on pigmentation and texture. I was able to "buff in" the individual colors on my eyes (to get some color) but the shades were very subtle; almost white in pigment. I also agree with the other reviewers in that this is way too shimmery for all over your face. Especially, after age 30! It's a mediocre highlighter in my opinion. I would definitely go with the Bronze Shimmerbrick if you are looking for more pigment.

on 2/11/2004 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a sun-shunner and a pale skinned lady, I am constantly in search of the perfect bronzer or illuminator to give me some realistic "color". I bought this product on a KLM flight, just because I was in the mood to "buy something"! Boy, am I ever glad I did. I love the results - not too shimmery or obvious if used correctly. Every time I wear this, someone tells me how "well" I look. It was stolen from my hotel room recently, and I couldn't wait to replace it. One big "no-no" with this product, however ... never use it on your nose. You'll look shiny for sure.

on 2/6/2004 6:26:00 AM

If you like shimmer but can't bring yourself to brush it all over your face (either out of fear of looking too young, too garish, or like many women who have office jobs, must maintain a professional appearance), this is your dream come true. It's from Bobbi Brown, so we all know that it's classy and subtle enough for women of all ages to wear without fear of looking ridiculous. I love the glow nice, refined, subtle shimmer can impart a nice glow and can double as a highlighter. I have the shimmer brick in Pink, and I love how it accentuates my cheekbones. It's subtle (as long as you don't overdo it- a little can go a long way) and doesn't look like I'm wearing shimmer (again, as long as you take it easy). This is Bobbi's answer to adult shimmer- finally, some love for the girls who need their makeup to be workplace safe, but still like to look young, fresh, healthy, and fun. My Mom actually bought my brick for me for Christmas, and when she saw it, she liked it so much she bought one for herself, my aunt, and my cousin, too! My mom uses the darker pink colors as a light eyeshadow, and I use the lightest white-pink shade as a highlighter for under my brow. This is makeup that definitely can multitask.

on 2/4/2004 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!!

First let me address the price, quite expensive but very worth it because of the quality and it's versatility. I say that because it can be used all over the face as well as each colour can be used as eye shadow.

But the effect is what I loved so much. This product gives you what I call "movie star shimmer" on your face. It's really lovely. Think J-lo or Byonce at any event.

Also, I love this product so much that I bought the Pink one too. I personally think it is a bit more suitable for winter wear than the bronzer but I guess that depends on skintone and colour choices. The pink one can also be used on lips if you prefer. Although I haven't tried that yet. ;o)

on 2/2/2004 1:26:00 AM

I absolutely love the Shimmerbricks. I have both the bronze and the pink one and they are so pretty on, whether used as a shimmer, a bronzer or for your eyes. I love them. I recommend them to everyone.