April 19, 2014 | 859 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 5:10:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mixed feelings toward Macroviolet. I really love the color - a shimmery, subdued plum, which I prefer to Non-Conformist, which is a vibrant purple. But the consistency of this fluidline isn't as nice as the others. It is more difficult to get an even, defined line. I like the fluidlines because they give a precise line, and if I want something smudged or more subtle I stick with a pencil. So in the rare possibility that I ever ran out of this, I would probably not repurchase, even thouh I love the color and find it very versatile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 11:03:00 AM More reviews by missamerica32

Okay, this shimmery plum color is so gorgeous, which is why I went ahead and gave it 4 lippies, but I HATE the texture. It's too soft & not pigmented enough. This makes for a more difficult application because you have to keep going over and over the line to darken it enough. I prefer Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. I'll probably hold on to this, just b/c I do adore the color, but I won't get it again. I look forward to trying Bobbi Brown's purple shade, and then I'll probaby swap this away. I just adore purple & plum eyeliners for my brown eyes, & recommend anyone with brown eyes to give any purple eyeliner a try, if you haven't already. (We just have to make the best of this eye color girls, and that's the way to do it, for sure! LOL!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by he_he16

I was looking for a deep dark purple to make the green in my hazel eyes stand out more and this isn't it. It's more of a muddy brownish colour when I apply it. I find the staying power of my other fluidlines to be better than Macroviolet. It's a good colour if you want a break from blacks or brown but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

This is a beauty. I have Asian, oily eyelids/eye area and eye liners tend to smear badly. I was in love with the color of MAC's Violet Underground but that smeared way too much and I had to return it. Fluidline in Macroviolet only smears a bit at the outer corner of the eyes.

Compared to other eyeliners, Fluidline lasts long and doesn't smear or fade. The color, a purplish-gray, is very pretty.

I like the container, too. It's glass, but it seems very durable - I've been toting it around in my bag with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 2:12:00 AM More reviews by yvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous, gorgeous shimmery plum gel eyeliner. I got the last bottle when it first became available. It also works very well as a violet e/s for night look. The texture is great and stays on forever. MAC 263 Small Angle Brush works great with this gel eyeliner and gives excellent control. If you are wearing contact lenses please be aware that it cannot be washed off. (I was scared by my dog when I was applying it and there went a pair of contact lenses.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dizzy4tex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! This is such a great deep purple liner. It is seriously gorgeous. I used to rely on Powerpoint in Bourdeauxline but this is the ultimate! Less red than the PP. I love that its not thivk and goopy but VERY light and gel-ish instead. I will buy this again.......in several different colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMamaofTwo

LOVE this ! This is the first fluidline eyeliner I have tried and was so surprised how darn easy it was to use. I had been using pencils and thought that was the easy thing to do....this is SOOO much easier , lasts ALL DAY and looks much nicer! The color works great for me too, never tried a violet/purple but this really makes my brown eyes pop!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this from eBay, since it was below retail price. In the pot, Macroviolet looks like a gorgeous deep plummy color. I couldn't wait to try it because it was my first MAC Fluidline. I am very disappointed. I had to layer this on to get it to show on my GGG - C40 skin! Everyone says this is one of the worst FL because the intensity doesn't quite show up like the other FLs, but I am willing to give FLs a second chance. If the other colors are anything like Macroviolet, I will stick to Bobbi Brown's Gel Liners. I would definitely not repurchase Macroviolet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

well, i'd buy again but i think this will last a life time!. I love: the color, the texture, how easy you apply it, the lasting power. Purples are nice on me and this one proves just that (paired it w/ "Nocturnelle" e/s).

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ilyana

This gel eyeliner is gorgeous on Asians like me who have dark brown eyes. It looks brilliant in the pot but when applied, it's slightly matte. I took one lippie off because I had to layer over it 2-3 times to achieve the deep dark purple I wanted.

It doesn't budge at all after application and the price is great for such a wonderful product.