April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet! i'll never forget the first time i saw this lipstick-i was a chubby, makeup-loving small town highschool girl who had never been to a department store counter....then i saw a thin, beautiful, popular girl pull this lippie out of her dooney & burke purse. i asked her what it was and had to have it...fifteen years later and i'm still buying it! there have been countless articles on black honey and i think it would look great on most women.

the color is amazing, what looks like a dark berry/black in the tube is a pretty, sheer, moisturizing dark red stain on the lips. the formulation is so light and smooth, and like putting lipbalm on my lips. i have bought countless tubes of black honey and it's still my go-to lippie when i want something classic, pulled together and pretty. i can see myself wearing this in another fifteen years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful color! It actually looks good on me, and few colors do. Not especially moisturizing, but looks great under all my glosses.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by plie445

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color that this lipstick gives me! Before putting it on I feel like such a badass because of the dark color, but it gives the most natural, flattering color possible. This lasts for several hours, but I would recommend applying a lip balm over it regularly to keep your lips moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by LaFenikkusu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product. I bought it today at Sephora for $18 Canadian. It comes in a box, and is in a convenient twist up tube. The shape is a bit different than a normal lipstick, which I like because it gives easy application. I have yellowly Asian skin, and this is amazing. alot of my friends have it, and their skin colour varies from pasty pale to black, and it suits every singly one of us, which means that what this is promising is actually true. Now, this colour is very buildable, and one quick coat gives more than enough colour (for me at least, granted I'm fourteen and prefer my makeup more on the natural side). I usually blot, and it still leaves a beautiful strawberry tint. I blot my lips, but not too much to the point where all the moisture is transferred onto the napkin. It's very moisturizing, and overall I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is my "backup plan" lip product for every event! I always keep this in my purse for when I get invited to dinner straight from work or just for the days when I feel like being a bit more polished than normal.

Since this applies more like a (very) sheer balm than a lipstick, I need to use 2-3 swipes to darken my lips (for the "freshly bitten" look), and then maybe a few more swipes if I want the full reddish-berry look. Keep in mind that this product will never match the pigmentation of truly vampy lipsticks like Revlon's Black Cherry, but that's fine for me because I like its natural, balm-like appearance. I like love that,no matter how many swipes I use, my lips will still show up under this product, so it doesn't look like I even HAVE lipstick on.

I am, however, taking off a lippie because it's a bit hard to control where this lipstick goes after you apply it. The balm-like consistently makes it prone to smudging if you eat with it on or touch your lips a lot. Basically, treat it like you would a lip balm and don't expect that you're going to get super defined, in-your-face lips with it on.

I'd recommend this product to people whom are scared of red or vampy lipsticks because it's both versatile and idiot-proof. You can apply as much or as little as you want, and it doesn't require the use of a lip brush or a mirror because it's so sheer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am 36 and have been using this color since high school. It is iconic and definitely worth it. The color looks dark in the tube but it is such a pretty sheer berry. I think it is moisturizing and while that may last, the color certainly does not. That is why I only gave it 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had never tried this before I bought this yesterday after reading so many great reviews. I love it. It is a really nice color on me as I have the very fair skin and red hair. I am sorry it took me so long to try this. It has color but it is sheer so it is very wearable.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the texture of this- it's not sticky at all, but then again maybe that's why it's a bit drying on my lips. The tube is pretty sleek. But the color just looks too '90's for me...it doesn't match well with my tan skin tone. In fact, I think it makes my skin actually look darker. For now, I'll just have to mix it up with other glosses until it's all used up...won't be repurchasing this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by NaturalKickedUpaNotch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought yet another of these the other day. I've been a fan for what seems like for-ev-ah. On vacation recently, the lady at the counter showed me the entire new line of Black Honey products. I will be trying some in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i flat out adore this stuff. im not sure what people are talking about with the drying or the not lasting thing. this stuff moisturizes my lips better than a lot of chapsticks, and i find the smoothing/moisturizing thing lasts for at least a few hours. plus, the color is really amazing. as someone who is super-duper pale, its very hard to find lipsticks with any amount of color that dont look ridiculous on me, which is compounded by my red hair, i think. things are always too warm or too cool depending on what colors i use on the rest of my face. this stuff always works with whatever other makeup im wearing. it makes me look polished without being overdone. love it!