Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 4/24/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is amazing. It looks very dark, but one swipe and it just enhances your natural lip color in the most flattering manner. Lovely.

on 4/24/2012 3:54:00 PM

I used to wear this lipstick years ago when I was a teenager. In fact, it was the only lipstick I have ever consistently worn, b/c I hate lipstick and how fake it looks on me. When this was discontinued I was pretty disappointed. Then I was flipping through a magazine a week ago, and lo and behold, it's back!! I went straight to the Clinique counter and bought a tube. I'm so happy. It is not a really thick formula and it goes on sheer, although there is a nice brownish red color to it. I really love this stuff.

on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like the idea of the Almost Lipstick, but Black Honey is a horrible shade on me. I am super fair with blond hair. I prefer glossy nude color on the lips, so maybe that's why I didn't care for it. Will not repurchase.

on 3/16/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I first tried this over a decade ago and it has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since. I am a fan of subtle tints and hydrating balms. this gives me just enough color without over powering my face. it may not be for someone who wants high pigmentation. it wears like a lip tint with a glossy sheen. non-sticky and goes on smoothly. it is the only product of Clinique that I've stuck with.

on 3/12/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have repurchased this many times, however once out, I will not be able to repurchase due to Clinique's new animal testing policy. Sigh..

On to the product description. It is not a lipstick, more like a non shiny gloss. Pretty color that goes well with my coloring. MLBB with a raspberry ting. Not too in your face, but can be worn at night

on 2/27/2012 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so disappointed - this shade is about as unflattering as it gets for me! I have fair skin, pigmented lips and dark hair, and when I bought this I was hoping to get the same effect as the third picture above - a lovely warm and natural mlbb. Instead, it looks like a very shiny, muddy, old - fashioned, berry-brownish tint and totally drains all of the colour out of my face, it really doesn't do anything for me at all. I think the fact that I have very pigmented lips means that this lipstick turns a lot darker than I'd want it to go, so perhaps if you have paler lips you might have more success. The texture feels nice and I've given it points for that, but my search for a mlbb tint continues...

on 2/25/2012 8:03:00 PM

Probably one of the biggest let downs I've bought lately, I bought it based on the good reviews this site without reading all the bad ones, and there's a lot of bad ones understandably. I really like the colour, although I don't think it is for everyone, it could look awful if you have quite thin lips, but it is frustrating because the colour looks really good on me, but within minutes it's just gone and it's really drying, so the description pretty much fools you because you think it is going to be a bit more like a balm or gloss but it's not, I even got those red scale lines around my lips, so I wonder if it has too many chemicals in it, but it was a pretty expensive waste of time. I'd like to see them bring out a new and improved version of this, maybe then I would repurchase it because I like the colour and the sheerness off it. If you live in Australia you can get the lipstick called Cha Cha by Australis and that is the exact same colour and you'd get the same effect if you just used that with a bit of a gloss.

on 2/25/2012 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

AWFUL!!!!! I am so very disappointed in this Almost Lipstick! Almost??? How about NO lipstick? I wanted to love it. I waited for my Sephora package to arrive and ran into the bathroom and put it on and then put it on again and again .....NO COLOR! Ok maybe slightly, just so disappointed and don't want anyone else to get ripped off. Maybe its my age? I doubt it. oh well, into the drawer it goes!

on 2/23/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is my 3rd tube! Seems I lose them, but still, I love this product! It is more red than berry on me, but it is just such a lovely color, and I like that it seems to be MLBB. The ONLY drawback is that it seems to collect in the corners of my mouth and collect at that line where my lips come together. Have to watch for that, but otherwise lovely. Bought "Chic Honey" as well this time, just for kicks. That one is nice too, though pretty darn close to Black Honey.

on 2/18/2012 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this so much that I brought it everywhere with me for a week, and then lost it, so now I have to buy again. I got so many compliments - it looks very natural and youthful and has no taste/scent (I hate perfumey lipsticks! yuck). Doesn't stay on a terribly long time, which is why I had to take it everywhere and hence why I lost it, but still worth the money.

Recommended for Medium Skin