September 30, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This would be a great lip stick/gloss if it had any lasting power. Yes, the color is universally flattering on everyone. It does moisturize very well. Thing is, after a few minutes of wear, it starts to disappear. Though my lips didn't get chapped at all, it's pretty insulting to pay $15 for something that's useless. It's not a drugstore lip balm, it's suppose to be a high end product. And reapplying literally constantly is inconvenient, along with ridiculous.

this product would be perfect if it bothered to last. There's far too much hype surrounding it and it's meaningless.

I'll do my best to use what I have when I won't be out for too long. I would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by absolutelyalex

I love dark lip colors but because of my, shall I say, generously sized mouth, dark colors just make me look garish. Thankfully, this color works for me and i couldn't be happier. It's moisturizing too, and while it doesn't last all that long, I'm pretty happy with reapplying it regularly so that I get some moisture. This shade is pretty flattering no matter whether I'm tanned during summer or paler in the winter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dmsinclair10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this lipstick! The staying power isn't what I feel it could be, but the shade is great! It looks fabulous on everyone, and is somewhat moisturizing. This shade can be worn with warm or cool tones, and a variety of colors. It's a good lipstick to keep in your purse for touch ups, no matter what you're wearing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this many, many times over the years, and I've also used the Black Honey eyeliner, and mascara. Whenever I wear Black Honey I get positive comments, compliments, and people want to know what I'm wearing. This is a sheer, glossy, moisturizing, very comfortable lipstick, with average lasting power. While it doesn't chemically change or anything like that, this color does look different on each person who wears it. It's so sheer that the natural pigmentation of your lips definitely affects the depth of color achieved. Many people see this as a My Lips But Better color but I don't. Black Honey, on my lips, is burgundy toned, and my natural lips are red. It's funny to me that I get so many compliments on Black Honey lipstick, because I'm not that fond of the color I get. If I focus on my colored lips without taking the rest of my face into consideration, I really like the way this lipstick looks - smooth and glossy. But the color itself never matches my other makeup, and I think it makes my skin look too yellow. I wish Clinique had something like Black Honey that has more red than violet in its undertones. As far as the eyeliner and mascara go, this color really brings out green in my eyes, but, again, it tends to make me look sallow because it's burgundy toned. Obviously millions of people think this is the perfect color, but I think it's one to be tried first by redheads, and/or "warmer" skintones,because it's deep violet. (Just my opinion, of course, but that's what reviews are for. If I can help it, I want to prevent someone from making a blind buy that wastes good money!)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an all-around winner. It's a great color that looks good on EVERYONE. It's semi-sheer but you can build up the color really easily with a few extra swipes. This is a superior product because it also has an awesome formula that leaves your lips moisturized without feeling sticky. This gets bonus points for not being too expensive and for being relatively easy to get no matter where you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by bbabe1814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color really compliments my skin and I love the way it feels on my lips. I was never really interested in wearing actual lip stick until recently, so this was a good start for just adding color and shine. It doesn't last very long, but I personally don't have a problem with re-applying every so often.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by pipyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this! Texture is just right and colour adapts to your lips..so it kind of looks different on everyone. If there was a fault it would be that I wish it didn't have to be re-applied frequently, but it is nice and worth getting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this lipstick, it's so smooth & soft & it leaves my lips feeling soft & moisturized. The color is awesome, it looks good on so many different skin tones. Definitely one of Clinique's all time best products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

I generally don't give perfect scores on anything, whether it be a product, restaurant, or a service, because I believe everything can be improved upon. BUT, I literally can't find any complaints about Black Honey whatsoever.

It's the single most buildable lip color I have. It goes everywhere from a light neutral berry to a dark purple for me. It really depends on what I'm going for, and with it in my makeup bag I don't need to purchase anything that's in that entire color family. And, the color is just very flattering. I can't see it being THE lip color for me for everything, but it will always be second best, i.e. the one that works for every occasion, but isn't the best for most occasions, if that makes sense. It just WORKS, even if it's not the #1 in everything.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kate1973

Beautiful and natural colour. Makes my lips look fuller but the staying power could have been better. Will buy again and again though as it looks so nice.