MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 12/27/2010 6:10:00 AM

This is my favourite nude lipstick ever in terms of colour. It complements my skintone perfectly - warm, yellow-undertoned, fair to medium. There is this beautiful peachy skin-colour tone to it that I just can't seem to find in any other lipstick I have bought, used, tried or tested. And I have many. Creme d' nude used to be my favourite but that was before I tried myth. Compared to myth, which freshens my face and brings out a youthy, pretty look, creme d' nude can sometimes wash me out/age me with its grayish beige undertone. Revlon's Soft Nude is far too beigey/orangey for me, as are many other nudes I have tried (Estee Lauder, Rimmel, Lancome etc).
Although I hate how drying it is, as long as you exfoliate and moisturise your lips before application, IMO this is a beautiful nude/pink colour for my skin tone. It's great for smokey as well as natural eyes. A light hand is essential. Top this with MAC's Florabundance or Boy Bait, and you're good to go. Will continue to repurchase.

on 12/24/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a big no

on 12/23/2010 10:10:00 PM

Beautiful nude shade for those summer looks...

I love Mac Myth! It is the perfect nude lip colour and looks amazing when paired with smokey eyes. The only trouble with this product is that sometimes it can enhance any flakiness that you may have on the lips but apart from that this is the perfect nude colour! Best one I've come across.

on 12/22/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best colour! Surprisingly works sooo good on my NC 25 skin. Sexy colour :) just make sure your lips are properly exfoliated and moisturizer before applying this or else it can look terribly drying

on 12/20/2010 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
pigmentation: 5
texture: 3
feeling: 4
colour-fast: 5
versatile?: 3
staying power: 4
TOTAL POINTS: 24 of 30 = good

MYTH or CREME D'NUDE? That's always the question for the most used nude lipstick by MAC. Well, for me the winner is Creme d'Nude! I am pale, but Myth is so pigmented, that it would wash me out if I would apply a full layer. It looks very good on me if I apply a thin layer and nearly any shiny or glittery lipgloss over it - this is why I still like and use it. I also use it a a base colour for other lipsticks sometimes - it's quite nice to play with colours like that. So it's not a total fail for me, but I recommend not purchasing Myth without trying it before!

This lipstick is nice if you know how to use it, or if you like the dead people look... I am NC25/30, it will completely wash me out. However, I would like to use this as a base color before I apply other super pigmented lipsticks to tone the color down. In this case, it is a very good color! like most of the MAC lipsticks, this will be trying if you don't apply a lip balm first though... I don't think I will repurchase this one.

on 12/16/2010 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I loooooooooooooove this lipstick. I look horrible in any lipsticks with color...so I was buying drugstore lipstick and putting concealer over it to lighten it...and it would dry my lips out like crazy!! this is the perfect pale nude lipstick! i will continue to buy this and pray they never discontinue it!

on 12/9/2010 1:26:00 PM

This is my 6th or 7th tube of Mac's Myth Lipstick. I absolutely adore this product! It is deffinitely a nude though, and I am a big fan of completely nude lips. It just depends on your view on blank lips. I love them, while other people dont like them and tend to lean towards pinks and reds. I have also heard that you can use it as a base to give your favorite lipstick its full potential, and also can be used to tone down your lips if you put too much of your pink or red on. It also looks great with gloss. You do need to apply some type of moisturizer to your lips before applying because it will dry your lips out if you dont.

on 12/7/2010 10:02:00 AM

At first I was completly against this product as it was to pale boarder line concealer lips. So I was playing around with it and found that this particular product is a base product and it needs a gloss like a pink or a sheer red on top , however its a great product make sure your lips are fully mositured before applying and enjoy I would strongley recommend if your buying it as a gift I would buy a lip gloss along side it as well. Its 12 pounds so quite pricey but I personally think a essential in anyones makeup bag .

Popular Lipsticks