MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 1/10/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Myth is gorgeous nude color that smells like a vanilla cupcake but it dries my lips out so bad. It looks chalky and flaky after only a couple of hours. I hate, hate, hate the finish.

on 1/5/2011 10:20:00 PM

This is the most perfect nude lipstick I have come across! My new HG! Perfect for my skin tone (NW15). Goes on smooth and creamy, great vanilla smell. I get compliments every time I wear it. And it doesn't make my lips feel dry like some other mac l/s do.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another great story. I worked in cosmetics and noticed my coworker had this concealer like lipstick on. It did not look so nice of her but I really liked it. "Whats that you have on? "oh its Myth from MAC" I wanted to try it on so I went over to the MAC counter and tried it on lovedddd it! was ready to buy but the line was too long and I have no patience on saturdays!
So I left.
I told my best friend about it and she said "oh I have that color, but it looks awful on me! I'll give it to you!" Score! Got another MAC product for free, so I swapped her my 3 Lancome lipglosses cause its not fair to get everything for free :p
I put it on..loved it. Im so pale and yet it looks so sexy on me, I get guys compliment how naturally sexy I am..little do they know its lipstick! When I run out, i'll buy it again, I will say this though, it does not look great on everyone so try it before you buy it!

Great lippie! It's the perfect nude, not too drying, and doesn't look like concealer. I like to put Snob overtop of it to give a nice soft pale pink lip. It's perfect for toning down pigmented lips.

on 12/31/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's really not a bad lippy if applied properly. I just uploaded a pic of it on my lips. I have a dark complexion with yellow undertones (c6 mac foundation) for reference. This is my routine (all mac products): Whirl lipliner then lip balm. After smooshing my lips together I dab Myth lipstick on. I top it all off with Just Superb lip gloss and voila a really nice light pinky/peach lip. You might ask why bother with myth if it takes work to make it look good and there are other alternatives like creme du nude... well for one it's very pigmented (so a little goes a long long way) and finally it lasts a long time on the lips!!! I took off one lippy because it's not a slap on and go kind of lipstick and it is drying if you don't put the lip balm on underneath. I will purchase this again but at the rate that it is being used It might outlast me ;)

on 12/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and can just about pull this off. It's a very light pink peach colour. Gives me a nude lip, but doesn't look corpse-like (along as I only apply a little bit). I rub my finger on the lipstick and dab my finger on my lips to apply...it gives a light layer of Myth so it doesn't look like heavy concealer lips. A little goes a long way and blocks the natural pigmentation of my lips well. I only wear this at night time because it's a little too much for day time wear for me. The formula is very drying, prepping the lips well beforehand is a must! Lasting power is decent but doesn't hold up through drinking/eating (I didn't expect it to tbh). I'd repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I enjoy wearing this lipstick but honestly the only way a person can truly pull this off is with dark/smoky eyes & proper application. When patted very lightly onto the lips, it will either give :an extremely light pink/white sand shade for someone who is fair-skinned, or a light pinkish shade for someone who is medium tan to dark. If ur fair-skinned, I think a more darker pinker nude is prob a better option than Myth... but for medium/tan to darker skin, its a beautiful color as long as you apply it sparingly at first, pat it on, & only add more if desired.The key to pulling off this lipstick is slowly building up color, aka patting it on lightly. DONT smear it all over the lips, otherwise, THAT's when you''ll get the "white,blankout" look that many other reviewers experienced. If you do apply too much, just tone it down with a thick lipgloss.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The secret to pulling of a nude lipstick (as well as a red), which are the two most finicky and intimidating of shades due to their extremity, is finding the one or, if your lucky, the ones that flatter you. It's all about experimentation. There is surely one that can suit everyone, and trial and error is part of the process of finding it. After trying Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude (an almost exact dupe for MAC's Creme d' Nude) and finding it to be good but not great, as it was one shade, maybe a half a shade really, too dark and had too much of a peach undertone for my ivory skin with pink undertones, I decided to try the famous MAC Myth. And this shade, fortunately, compensates for all the problems that Soft Nude had, while still keeping all its other good qualities. This color is lighter and more opaque (Soft Nude was slightly sheerer) and has more of a pink undertone, which flatters me more. The only thing is that, though Myth alone is a beautiful color most would probably be best when paired with a gloss. Many prefer it with a light pink gloss, a pale beige, a clear, or a gold. But I like it with purple-toned glosses, especially. I had heard that this looks good with the MAC lustreglass in Little Vi, but that shade is unfortunately, discontinued, so in an effort to find a comparable color, I decided to get MAC's Lipglass in Lovechild, which is also a lovely color and works with Myth very well. To satisfy my curiosity, though, I wish I could find a closer match for Little Vi, or better yet, if MAC would bring Little Vi itself back, so I could just see how that would actually look with Myth. Might try Myth with Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass. I don't know why, but I have a hunch that they will work nicely together.

on 12/27/2010 6:10:00 AM

This is my favourite nude lipstick ever in terms of colour. It complements my skintone perfectly - warm, yellow-undertoned, fair to medium. There is this beautiful peachy skin-colour tone to it that I just can't seem to find in any other lipstick I have bought, used, tried or tested. And I have many. Creme d' nude used to be my favourite but that was before I tried myth. Compared to myth, which freshens my face and brings out a youthy, pretty look, creme d' nude can sometimes wash me out/age me with its grayish beige undertone. Revlon's Soft Nude is far too beigey/orangey for me, as are many other nudes I have tried (Estee Lauder, Rimmel, Lancome etc).
Although I hate how drying it is, as long as you exfoliate and moisturise your lips before application, IMO this is a beautiful nude/pink colour for my skin tone. It's great for smokey as well as natural eyes. A light hand is essential. Top this with MAC's Florabundance or Boy Bait, and you're good to go. Will continue to repurchase.

on 12/24/2010 6:59:00 PM