MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 12/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm an NC15-20 with yellow undertones and can just about pull this off. It's a very light pink peach colour. Gives me a nude lip, but doesn't look corpse-like (along as I only apply a little bit). I rub my finger on the lipstick and dab my finger on my lips to apply...it gives a light layer of Myth so it doesn't look like heavy concealer lips. A little goes a long way and blocks the natural pigmentation of my lips well. I only wear this at night time because it's a little too much for day time wear for me. The formula is very drying, prepping the lips well beforehand is a must! Lasting power is decent but doesn't hold up through drinking/eating (I didn't expect it to tbh). I'd repurchase.

on 12/30/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Personally, I enjoy wearing this lipstick but honestly the only way a person can truly pull this off is with dark/smoky eyes & proper application. When patted very lightly onto the lips, it will either give :an extremely light pink/white sand shade for someone who is fair-skinned, or a light pinkish shade for someone who is medium tan to dark. If ur fair-skinned, I think a more darker pinker nude is prob a better option than Myth... but for medium/tan to darker skin, its a beautiful color as long as you apply it sparingly at first, pat it on, & only add more if desired.The key to pulling off this lipstick is slowly building up color, aka patting it on lightly. DONT smear it all over the lips, otherwise, THAT's when you''ll get the "white,blankout" look that many other reviewers experienced. If you do apply too much, just tone it down with a thick lipgloss.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The secret to pulling of a nude lipstick (as well as a red), which are the two most finicky and intimidating of shades due to their extremity, is finding the one or, if your lucky, the ones that flatter you. It's all about experimentation. There is surely one that can suit everyone, and trial and error is part of the process of finding it. After trying Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude (an almost exact dupe for MAC's Creme d' Nude) and finding it to be good but not great, as it was one shade, maybe a half a shade really, too dark and had too much of a peach undertone for my ivory skin with pink undertones, I decided to try the famous MAC Myth. And this shade, fortunately, compensates for all the problems that Soft Nude had, while still keeping all its other good qualities. This color is lighter and more opaque (Soft Nude was slightly sheerer) and has more of a pink undertone, which flatters me more. The only thing is that, though Myth alone is a beautiful color most would probably be best when paired with a gloss. Many prefer it with a light pink gloss, a pale beige, a clear, or a gold. But I like it with purple-toned glosses, especially. I had heard that this looks good with the MAC lustreglass in Little Vi, but that shade is unfortunately, discontinued, so in an effort to find a comparable color, I decided to get MAC's Lipglass in Lovechild, which is also a lovely color and works with Myth very well. To satisfy my curiosity, though, I wish I could find a closer match for Little Vi, or better yet, if MAC would bring Little Vi itself back, so I could just see how that would actually look with Myth. Might try Myth with Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass. I don't know why, but I have a hunch that they will work nicely together.

on 12/27/2010 6:10:00 AM

This is my favourite nude lipstick ever in terms of colour. It complements my skintone perfectly - warm, yellow-undertoned, fair to medium. There is this beautiful peachy skin-colour tone to it that I just can't seem to find in any other lipstick I have bought, used, tried or tested. And I have many. Creme d' nude used to be my favourite but that was before I tried myth. Compared to myth, which freshens my face and brings out a youthy, pretty look, creme d' nude can sometimes wash me out/age me with its grayish beige undertone. Revlon's Soft Nude is far too beigey/orangey for me, as are many other nudes I have tried (Estee Lauder, Rimmel, Lancome etc).
Although I hate how drying it is, as long as you exfoliate and moisturise your lips before application, IMO this is a beautiful nude/pink colour for my skin tone. It's great for smokey as well as natural eyes. A light hand is essential. Top this with MAC's Florabundance or Boy Bait, and you're good to go. Will continue to repurchase.

on 12/24/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a big no

on 12/23/2010 10:10:00 PM

Beautiful nude shade for those summer looks...

I love Mac Myth! It is the perfect nude lip colour and looks amazing when paired with smokey eyes. The only trouble with this product is that sometimes it can enhance any flakiness that you may have on the lips but apart from that this is the perfect nude colour! Best one I've come across.

on 12/22/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best colour! Surprisingly works sooo good on my NC 25 skin. Sexy colour :) just make sure your lips are properly exfoliated and moisturizer before applying this or else it can look terribly drying

on 12/20/2010 6:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
pigmentation: 5
texture: 3
feeling: 4
colour-fast: 5
versatile?: 3
staying power: 4
TOTAL POINTS: 24 of 30 = good

MYTH or CREME D'NUDE? That's always the question for the most used nude lipstick by MAC. Well, for me the winner is Creme d'Nude! I am pale, but Myth is so pigmented, that it would wash me out if I would apply a full layer. It looks very good on me if I apply a thin layer and nearly any shiny or glittery lipgloss over it - this is why I still like and use it. I also use it a a base colour for other lipsticks sometimes - it's quite nice to play with colours like that. So it's not a total fail for me, but I recommend not purchasing Myth without trying it before!

This lipstick is nice if you know how to use it, or if you like the dead people look... I am NC25/30, it will completely wash me out. However, I would like to use this as a base color before I apply other super pigmented lipsticks to tone the color down. In this case, it is a very good color! like most of the MAC lipsticks, this will be trying if you don't apply a lip balm first though... I don't think I will repurchase this one.

Popular Lipsticks