September 1, 2014 | 1100 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Unstoppable Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by noelstarlene

i was a doll for halloween in '05, and wanted something that would just make my eyelashes huge. this mascara seemed like it would do it. i was very happy with the results! it has been quite a while so i dont remember everything exactly, but i do remember putting on tons of coats, which i didnt mind, and feeling like i had definitely made myself look i had doll eyes. it lengthened and thickened and pretty much just really amped em! altho it was with tons of it on, i was pleased.

afterwards tho, i gave it to my mom (who has short and thin lashes) cuz i thought itd be awesome on her. definitely made her wimpy lashes beautiful. she says its probably her favorite mascara she's ever used. and making mama's lashes look sexy made me really happy :).

so ya pretty much my experience with unstoppable was wonderful. definitely a re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara! I have been on a never-ending search for almost 15 years to find a perfect mascara, and although I am still looking for perfection, I wouldn't mind making a lengthy stop with this product. This is a good everyday mascara that doesn't add too much drama and volume, but adds enough length and holds curl well enough to make my lashes look pretty for work and other daytime activities. However, it is not waterproof, so I can't wear it to the pool or if I know I might cry! :'( However, it hasn't smudged on me, and I have been using it for about a month now. It stands up pretty well to humidity and mild watery eyes, too (I have allergies). So I would say this is probably more in the "water-resistant" category. It washes off easily with soap and water, though. The one drawback is that the bristles on the brush are spaced too far apart, and this leads to poor lash separation. But that's nothing my trusty metal eyelash comb can't fix! Overall, a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good mascara. It is quite indeed smudge proof and also washes off easily. Good thinking, Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by pepsigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am also surprised with the low ratings on this mascara. This is a great lengthening mascara that behaves like waterproof even though it's washable. My short lashes look dramatically longer and prettier with this. It's not very volumizing so I like to layer this on top of my thickening mascara (CG Super Thick Lash). This combo makes my eyes pop and my lashes look almost fake without being over the top. Will re-purchase.

PROS: nice length, separates well, no clumps, long-wearing, smudgeproof, easy to remove, cute silver bullet-shaped packaging.

CONS: not very thickening on its own, not easy to apply (I have to "roll" the brush from root to tip) for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by carolineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow I'm surprised too. Can't believe there's this much bad reviews.

I received this mascara for free too (I don't know how) in black. I've tried many mascaras and they all clump, or weigh my lashes down, or smears easily. This one doesn't do any of those. It's my favorite, hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kristi_suen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I can't believe this mascara has such a low rating! This is my current favourite mascara, as it is easy to remove and have a reasonably good effect. I received this mascara in dark brown as a freebie in a magazine, and I'm planning to buy a new one when my current one is done.I find the lengthening effect to be quite prominent, and although it only has little curling effect, it is already very good among this type of washable smudge-proof mascara. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kristinteo

I'm currently using my 2nd Unstoppable, as the first one has already dried out. I was quite satisfied with the first one (Brown). However, as I'm using the second one (Very Black), my eyelashes tend to stick together. Well, maybe I have had too much mascara on the brush. Both mascaras weight down my nicely curled lashes. It does not have any curling effect on me, but it does have a little bit of lengthening effect. Well, I don't expect much for the price though. And, yeah, my lashes feel stiff, too. Maybe I shall try XXL next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:06:00 PM More reviews by OolilredoO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this mascara quite a long time ago, and thought it was great. So now, after i finished my expensive YSL mascara, i decided to go back to the cheap stuff. Immediately after i pulled out the brush, i was disapointed. The brush had a very bad quality, and i have to layer many times in order for each of my lashes to get a coat of mascara. The brush was also too big for applying on lower lashes. It takes quite long to dry, and makes my eyes itchy. I still gave this 3 lippies because it did give my lashes great length. I think i will go back to my YSL one. Mehhh...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this mascara, for now. I'm hoping to eventually try more expensive mascaras like Diorshow, but this does the job pretty well. It does a decent job of lengthening and volumising my naturally thin Asian lashes, doesn't smudge one bit even after crying or an entire day out, doesn't clump and looks natural. In my opinion, an excellent daily mascara for a great price!

EDIT: I no longer use this. There wasn't enough volume, and i hate that Maybelline conducts animal testing. Please do not support companies which do animal testing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by dlbaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't like waterproof mascaras b/c I find them hard to remove (even with remover), but I work out a lot and don't want racoon eyes. This "smudgeproof" mascara is great. I have gone mountain biking and running with this on and it doesn't budge. Washes off fairly easily, though. Product tends to stay moist in the tube for a relatively long time. I don't notice many clumps, but it definitely "collects" lashes together, so you may not like it if you enjoy the individual lash look. Personally I like the thicker, wet-lash look. It is a great price and a WAY better product than Great Lash and L'Oreal Voluminous, IMO.