December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Brightening Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

The only thing I could come up with to use this liner was to pencil in my brows. I use coffee and it's just the right one shade lighter than my hair color. Perfect for my brows. It stays on all day if I set it with a powder of similar color.
So I give this 3 lippies.
Otherwise, it'd get a zero (if that were possible) because it's pretty much useless for a liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ericaleigh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These eyeliners come in some very nice colors...IF you can get them on your eyes. The eyeliner is very hard and you have to push so hard on your eye to get any little bit of color to show.

It is a painful experience and if you happen to get some on it will smudge and fade off within an hour. If you are looking for a cheap eyeliner don't waste the dollar on this. Sorry ELF! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by kangisaga

smudges
not very creamy
racoon eyes
yup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by luckystarre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't really work. It's very hard (so it hurts to apply) and it is poorly pigmented so you have to push hard to get any color of rub off. For only $1, I shouldn't be disappointed, but I wanted this to work.
The only PLUS to this product is the sharpener in the cap. Very good idea, although I probably will never need to sharpen it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by MaikoKuchiki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smudges...
though i dont expect it to be waterproof since itz only a dollar...
but the color doesnt stay as well..
i have to reapply to make it look darker...

Even if im desperate for an eyeliner if i happen to run outta of it.. i would not bother to pick this up to uses..
afraid the mess to become as time goes...
i have to spend pieces of tissue to clean up the mess!

Big nono for me...!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by elainous

I bought this in the white to dot and smudge in my inner eye corner, this was definitely not the product for this..
It was hard, waxy, poorly pigmented and it was Ouch! to apply in the inner corner.
i havent tried the other colours, but this pencil has really discourgaed me.
oh well... at least i got a fairly ok sharpener ...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's cheap but doesn't work, so it's a waste of good $1. Save your money for soda, this pencil is crap. I think I aged my eye area a good year with all the tugging and poking trying to get it to go on.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nancythep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE! incredulously HORRIBLE! very hard to apply. it crumbles everywhere and the cap did not stay put. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by shizumasa

Wow, this is the first E.L.F. eye liner I've ever tried, and I was not pleased.
I was really excited to try it, but it was nearly impossible to make a solid line let alone any line. The pencil is very hard, and I was so scared I'd poke myself in the eye. Definitely will not buy again. Pencil crayons feel softer than this pencil...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

Even if I heated mine between the tip of my fingers or warmed the end with the lighter, this was still hard and waxy. I could never get sufficient color onto my eyes. It was easy to sharpen, only because the eyeliner it's self was so hard you are almost guaranteed not to break it. I don't think I've gotten a bad batch, I've purchased from biglots and fresh ones from my drugstore and ELF.com but to no avail. In the end I've only wasted $3, I'm glad for that.